HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Better Hands: Jordan Eberle vs Jonathan Drouin

View Poll Results: Better hands?
Eberle 63 73.26%
Drouin 23 26.74%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Eberle has better hands because he scored a goal he probably couldnt pull off again, he must have better hands than Kane and Datsyuk too.

The thread is who has the better hands as in stick handling, Drouin can handle the puck better, its not a knock on Eberle.

Edit/ just saw post above me
I don't even think that goal is anywhere near his best. Eberle is all hands, his are pretty much as good as they get.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
I don't even think that goal is anywhere near his best. Eberle is all hands, his are pretty much as good as they get.
And Ive said this.. which is why I would have him possibly in my top 10

Old
01-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Sky04

Drouin has quicker hands for sure, Eberle is so much more smooth though.

Drouin looks like he has a pretty good backhand and uses it pretty often, as does Eberle, except Eberle probably has a top-4 backhand in the league right now.

Eberle for sure for me.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:38 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Please end the lockout.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:51 PM
bsmith14

The guy with 49 points in 32 games in the AHL right now. His hands are some of the best in the world.
Its kind of hard to measure how good someones hands are, but try and name me 10 guys in the NHL with better hands than Eberle and you will get a good debate going. He is top 10.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
what does playing in the NHL have to do with this ? by your logic every NHL player has better hands than any european because they play in the NHL.

I am not talking about Drouin vs Eberle because its a pretty odd poll considering one put up ppg in the NHL while the other hasent been drafted and is 5 years behind in development
Playing against the best level of competition in the world and excelling proves you are one of the best.

I thought that should be obvious.

Based on your logic, toe dragging around your buddies makes you have hands as good as Drouin.

Old
01-01-2013, 08:39 PM
KidLine93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Playing against the best level of competition in the world and excelling proves you are one of the best.

I thought that should be obvious.

Based on your logic, toe dragging around your buddies makes you have hands as good as Drouin.
^Dead on. Great post. Eberle dangles top level defesemen. For all the people picking Drouin in the poll. It would seem logical that he has better hands than Datsyuk.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Hitchslap

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
Drouin has quicker hands for sure, Eberle is so much more smooth though.

Drouin looks like he has a pretty good backhand and uses it pretty often, as does Eberle, except Eberle probably has a top-4 backhand in the league right now.

Eberle for sure for me.
I'd say it's pretty much the opposite. Eberle has top 5 quickest hands in the league, and is insanely good in tight spaces. Drouin has prettier stickhandling and the ability to turn a defenseman inside out.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Eberle IS in the same class as Datsyuk and Kane anyone who watches him frequently knows this.
Lol... No, it's quite the opposite.. Anyone who watches them would tell you that Eberle is NOT in that category

Kane
Datsyuk
Giroux

Those 3 stand out above everyone in the league, Tavares has a claim to maybe join them

Eberle is top 10 though IMO

Old
01-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Qrispy

Drouin is more creative but Eberle is quicker. It's a tie for me.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:44 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Datsyuk
Kane
Tavares
Giroux
Eberle would be in the next 5-10
Ribeiro is above Eberle.

Connolly too, in terms of pure hands.

Both Crosby and Malkin.

Ennis (yes, Ennis). Sabres' fans know this is true, as does anyone who isn't a blind Edmonton homer.

And that's just right off the top of my head. There are more than a few guys I'm missing, some of them surprising (great hands doesn't mean great production - some of the guys with the sickest hands in the leagues are fringe NHLers or 4th liners). Eberle has a few fancy goals. More than a couple handfuls of guys could pull off the exact same moves (or something even more impressive) given the same opportunity.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:47 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Ebs, an NHL All-Star player who's built a career on being able to undress the best in the NHL, vs the undrafted (but admittedly good) Drouin, who's finding his way at the WJC?

Finally, a legitimate place where the AINEC tag works.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Drouin's hands are 75/80 right now...I don't think Eberle's were at that level at the same age, maybe even now.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:37 AM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Ribeiro is above Eberle.

Connolly too, in terms of pure hands.

Both Crosby and Malkin.

Ennis (yes, Ennis). Sabres' fans know this is true, as does anyone who isn't a blind Edmonton homer.

And that's just right off the top of my head. There are more than a few guys I'm missing, some of them surprising (great hands doesn't mean great production - some of the guys with the sickest hands in the leagues are fringe NHLers or 4th liners). Eberle has a few fancy goals. More than a couple handfuls of guys could pull off the exact same moves (or something even more impressive) given the same opportunity.
So why don't they? Lol. Eberle is a human highlight reel. Connoly? That's a joke I've seen more highlight reel plays from Eberle in two years than I have in Connoly's career. In pure hands Eberle is better than Malkin Crosby ill give you I guess but Ennis is not in this discussion. I played with Ennis growing up. Ridiculously skilled but he's got a long ways to go before he reaches Eberle's level.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:40 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
So why don't they? Lol. Eberle is a human highlight reel. Connoly? That's a joke I've seen more highlight reel plays from Eberle in two years than I have in Connoly's career. In pure hands Eberle is better than Malkin Crosby ill give you I guess but Ennis is not in this discussion. I played with Ennis growing up. Ridiculously skilled but he's got a long ways to go before he reaches Eberle's level.

Since you obviously started following hockey after the lockout, and are incapable of using youtube, here:

Old
01-02-2013, 12:45 AM
MessierII

Quote:

Since you obviously started following hockey after the lockout, and are incapable of using youtube, here:

I've been following hockey my entire life so just stop. Connoly has good hands so do lots of players but he's not even close to Eberle. If he was he would actually cracked 20 goals a time or two so just stop.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:46 AM
MessierII

Not sure what your trying to prove. Initially you said Eberle didn't have elite hands and then later admitted he's top 10. What are you trying to argue?

Old
01-02-2013, 12:47 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
I've been following hockey my entire life so just stop. Connoly has good hands so do lots of players but he's not even close to Eberle. If he was he would actually cracked 20 goals a time or two so just stop.

Did you even watch these videos? Eberle couldn't even dream up some of the moves Connolly pulled.

And if you were really have followed hockey so long, you'd know he never put up 20 due to injuries. He was more than capable, though.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:48 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Not sure what your trying to prove. Initially you said Eberle didn't have elite hands and then later admitted he's top 10. What are you trying to argue?
Not sure what I'm trying to prove? What the hell are you trying to prove, then?

I never admitted he was top 10, that's you putting words into my mouth.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:49 AM
MessierII

Quote:

Did you even watch these videos? Eberle couldn't even dream up some of the moves Connolly pulled.
Lol I guess that's why Eberle more than doubled his career high in goals his second NHL season. Couldn't even dream em.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Nyquist

Since when does scoring the most goals mean you have the better hands?

Old
01-02-2013, 12:51 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Lol I guess that's why Eberle more than doubled his career high in goals his second NHL season. Couldn't even dream em.
Again, Connolly was injured all throughout his career which you should know if you've followed hockey all your life.

And I thought this argument was about hands, not about goals. If simply scoring goals gives you great hands, then Stamkos must have far and away the best hands in the league.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:52 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
Not relevant in a discussion about hands. Eberle may be the better shooter but Connoly has much better hands.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:52 AM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Since when does scoring the most goals mean you have the better hands?
When you score most of your goals on highlight reel dekes it's generally a good indication.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:53 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Connolly's no slouch when it comes to his shot, either. It was damn good and a tier below elite IMO. He just rarely ever used it.

Closed Thread