HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Expendable players from the Preds?

Old
05-29-2006, 08:55 PM
mgeise

vCash: 500
Expendable players from the Preds?

I am going around to every team's message boards and attempting to get a feel for who is expendable on your team and who you would like moved in the offseason. Who do you want to see moved from the Preds?

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 09:16 PM
handtrick

Signed Guys that I could see moved in a package for a #1 Center:
Scott Walker
Kimmo Timonen
Ryan Suter

UFAs probably not going to be resigned:
Greg Johnson

UFA's possibly not going to be resigned, which many wouldn't mind seeing resigned:
Danny Markov
Yanic Perreault
Mark Eaton
Chris Mason

UFA's with a good chance of being resigned:
Brendan Witt
Mike Sillinger

Group VI Free Agents most likely not resigned:
Greg Classen, (VI)
Simon Gamache, (VI)
Darren Haydar, (VI)
Konstantin Panov, (VI)
Kiril Safranov, (VI)
Jeremy Yablonski, (VI)

Group VI Free Agents with a somewhat reasonable chance of being resigned:
Libor Pivko, (VI)
Sheldon Brookbank, (VI)

RFA's most likely not to be resigned:
Denis Arkhipov, (II)

RFA's I would like to see moved or not signed:
Brian Finley, (II)

RFA's most likely to be resigned:
Martin Erat, (II)
Dan Hamhuis, (II)
Scott Hartnell, (II)
David Legwand, (II)
Jordin Tootoo, (II)
Scottie Upshall, (II)

RFA's that are movable, with the right return:
Adam Hall, (II)
Brandon Segal, (II)
Rick Berry, (II)

Note: Other posters may have differing opinions regarding what category players should be in, but these were mine....

handtrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2006, 04:57 PM
C-J Carlson

I'm pretty much in agreement with most of handtrick's list. The only exceptions for me are with Kimmo Timonen, who I think should stay with this team as the leader of the defensive corps for years to come, and Adam Hall, who I think was the team's most under-rated player this past season. He's an everyman who works hard in any situation he is put into, despite his limitations. Good role model, IMO. Like a younger Greg Johnson. I also think Danny Markov is the better defenseman compared to Brendan Witt, but the team is pretty high on re-signing Witt, so...

Anyhoo...

C-J Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Darth Predator

I have to agree with the list as well, with the exception of Perreault. I think the team will resign him unless they have a move (via trade or FA) in mind. I think the team is starting to tighten up the reigns a bit so my contention is they resign a good portion of their players and retain close to the same team, like i said unless they have another move in mind.

I am begining to get a bit worried they haven't signed Sillinger yet, i think he is the most imperative signing they should make. I would like to see a couple players gone first one being Legwand of course. I think a mid range FA signing or maybe a trade, possible Mike Commrie. Either way i think the biggest problem the team has is coaching so maybe i dont know what the hell i am talking about.

Darth Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 05:10 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Predator
I have to agree with the list as well, with the exception of Perreault. I think the team will resign him unless they have a move (via trade or FA) in mind. I think the team is starting to tighten up the reigns a bit so my contention is they resign a good portion of their players and retain close to the same team, like i said unless they have another move in mind.

I am begining to get a bit worried they haven't signed Sillinger yet, i think he is the most imperative signing they should make. I would like to see a couple players gone first one being Legwand of course. I think a mid range FA signing or maybe a trade, possible Mike Commrie. Either way i think the biggest problem the team has is coaching so maybe i dont know what the hell i am talking about.

The fact that Perreault was riding the bench in the playoffs says to me that he had lost some of his lustre by the end of the season. Bear in mind that if we did resign him, it would come with at least a modest raise, and I'm not sure he's worth it. Sillinger is a possibility, but re-signing both puts us with the same team that had a lot of problems last year, and fails to address a noticeable need.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 08:37 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Perreault was better when we were healthy and played more wide open, Sillinger was more effective when we sat back and played more defensive. I'd prefer someone that allows us to play more aggressive in both ends.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 09:49 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Perreault was better when we were healthy and played more wide open, Sillinger was more effective when we sat back and played more defensive. I'd prefer someone that allows us to play more aggressive in both ends.
Agreed. And that's why I won't be too concerned if we fail to resign either.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 01:10 PM
cooksond

Did't Gamache sign in Europe (Swiss league) for next season? I thought I saw that somewhere.

cooksond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Matsi
got paws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooksond
Did't Gamache sign in Europe (Swiss league) for next season? I thought I saw that somewhere.
true, he signed with Bern of the Swiss National League, while former Predator An_y _elmore signed with Basel

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo14whitney
true, he signed with Bern of the Swiss National League, while former Predator An_y _elmore signed with Basel
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww .... you immediately go wash your hands with antiseptic soap for at least 10 minutes just get that that that that that ewwwwwwwww off your hands and fingers for typing just part of THAT name.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Darth Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
The fact that Perreault was riding the bench in the playoffs says to me that he had lost some of his lustre by the end of the season. Bear in mind that if we did resign him, it would come with at least a modest raise, and I'm not sure he's worth it. Sillinger is a possibility, but re-signing both puts us with the same team that had a lot of problems last year, and fails to address a noticeable need.

I think he is worth a slight raise but not if it cost us someone more valueable to the club. I think Sillinger would be more imperative because if someone goes down, he can help toughen the team up. like Triggrman pointed out, Perreault was better when we were wide open, and Sillinger the opposite.

I agree if we sign everyone we will have the same problems and they will go unaddressed. But i begin to wonder how much off it is players or coaching and system. I think we have one or two more players out the the FA pool we should sign and then look to trade for a #1 center or pick up someone by way of FA. We need to get a bit bigger i believe but most of all i think we need someone to play with Kariya.

I am not convinced we wont resign almost everyone or some and then promote from the ads because i think the pocket book is starting to tighten up a bit. I wish there was more support for the team. but that gets off into a different direction.

Old
05-31-2006, 11:17 PM
burgess1978

There's unlikely to be a lot of demand for Perrault so the Preds may ge him at a discount rather than a raise.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Darth Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978
There's unlikely to be a lot of demand for Perrault so the Preds may ge him at a discount rather than a raise.
Agreed. I think the success he enjoyed throughout the year wasn't necessarily a fluke but just plain good fortune. Not sure if that would happen again next year given the chance. I dont think there is much interest in him based on he had to make a tryout with Nashville, at least that is the team he choose to tryout with. So i think a minimum is what it would take to sign him if we choose so.

Old
06-02-2006, 01:37 PM
C-J Carlson

Looks like the salary cap will be going up from $39 to $45 million or more for next season too. That's good.

IMO, we don't necessarily need a first-line level center. We would be fine with at least a #2 center, as long as that center is big and has decent all-around skills. I think David Legwand and Martin Erat are fine with Paul Kariya. Hopefully all three (i.e. Legwand) remain healthy for a full-season.

With the signing of Jerred Smithson and Vernon Fiddler, and with Scott Nichol still under contract, I'm not sure what the team is planning. I'd be happy with a new, big #1/#2 center, Legwand, Fiddler on third and Smithson on fourth. But I'd like to see Mike Sillinger re-signed for the third line.

And while I think Fiddler is better than Smithson, I like the fourth line of Darcy Hordichuk / Smithson / Jordin Tootoo. Of course, the way Tootoo is playing in the AHL playoffs, he might jump up a line.

Scottie Upshall, IMO, should replace Scott Walker on the second line. And we should keep Adam Hall for the third line (unless Tootoo moves up). IMO, Hall was the most under-rated Predator of the past season. No matter what the team wanted him to do, he did a decent job at it.

Anyhoo...

C-J Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 03:00 PM
handtrick

No surprise here.....Markov likey to test market accroding to tody's Tennessean:

Another Predator who's likely to hit the market is defenseman Danny Markov, who had hoped to get more ice time last season in Nashville.

That certainly wouldn't be the case down the line, with the Predators looking to give more responsibility to their young defensemen.

"At the end of the year meetings, it was pretty clear he felt that he could have been used more and that he thought he deserved more ice time,'' Predators General Manager David Poile said. "Of course, that's a common thing for a lot of players.''

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....606050365/1028

this article bascially suggests everything we have already been talking about......trying to sign Witt and Sillinger, and letting Perreault, Johnson, and Markov go....and waiting for developments to decide on Eaton and Mason......

handtrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Darth Predator

At least we finally found out at least some sort of direction they are thinking off. Which just like you said is pretty much what we have all said we think will happen.

Old
06-06-2006, 11:07 PM
dulzhok

In the spirit of getting something before losing it all….

UFAs after next year

Timonen: likely will get a big raise. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for us to pay it because of our defensive depth.

Legwand: if no multi-year deal is signed this offseason, he could be on the way out

Vokoun: Poile will likely try to sign at all costs

Kariya: unlikely to be moved, for PR reasons, among others. only traded if we're out of the playoffs.

Walker: see Kariya, also low-trade value

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2006, 03:54 PM
predperson

Guess I'll put this here....

Predators captain Johnson to become free agent

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote