HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL Regular Season Underway

Old
12-22-2012, 07:07 PM
PG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix20027 View Post
As the deadline gets closer what will happen? How many 21 year old spots are open and who will be traded? Who needs forwards and who needs D men? Is everyone happy with the goalies? Questions Questions Questions
Goaltenders will be hard to come by.....most teams will be sniffing around the Jan 10th deadline to find an extra spark....

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:08 PM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
In what way to they get breaks on and off the ice? Very vague, open ended comment, please explain.
well i can say that during todays game they had their way with the refs, one penalty and it comes with 3 minutes left in a very rough and chippy game. hard to believe a team can get away with that many slashes and hooks

on another note, morrisburg trades 20 yr old michel lefebvre to charlan for the remainder of the season and overage starting goalie mikeal dion to winchester.. the second trade wont be finalized until dion has served a couple games of his 3 game suspension from thursday night... they will be making 3 or 4 more deals as the deadline approached im sure

longballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 08:51 AM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by longballer View Post
well i can say that during todays game they had their way with the refs, one penalty and it comes with 3 minutes left in a very rough and chippy game. hard to believe a team can get away with that many slashes and hooks

on another note, morrisburg trades 20 yr old michel lefebvre to charlan for the remainder of the season and overage starting goalie mikeal dion to winchester.. the second trade wont be finalized until dion has served a couple games of his 3 game suspension from thursday night... they will be making 3 or 4 more deals as the deadline approached im sure

Always the way it is. Who seems to be the favourite to land Rutley?

hurricane11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 12:49 PM
KL14

Regular Season coming to an end

With only 14 to 16 games for left for most teams, it looks like the divisions are starting to sort themselves out in terms of standings...

For the Valley, if Renfrew, Arnprior, and Stittsville go 500 in their remaining games Shawville and Almonte would need to need to win 11 of their remaining games to move into playoff positions and I think this is going to be be tough to do.

Having said that, I think it is going to be Perth, Arnpior, Stittsville, and Renfrew coming out of Valley and in that order. Arnprior had two big wins this past weekend and it looks like things are back on track.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 05:57 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
With only 14 to 16 games for left for most teams, it looks like the divisions are starting to sort themselves out in terms of standings...

For the Valley, if Renfrew, Arnprior, and Stittsville go 500 in their remaining games Shawville and Almonte would need to need to win 11 of their remaining games to move into playoff positions and I think this is going to be be tough to do.

Having said that, I think it is going to be Perth, Arnpior, Stittsville, and Renfrew coming out of Valley and in that order. Arnprior had two big wins this past weekend and it looks like things are back on track.
Metro is tightening up.....should be a dogfight for the top three as lots of games against each other coming home....Metcalfe and Clarence to battle it out for fourth and if either get on a hot streak they could challenge for third....

Old
12-28-2012, 12:33 PM
longballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
Always the way it is. Who seems to be the favourite to land Rutley?
From what i have been told when he was traded from westport back to morrisburg last year the rideaus put a clause in his trade that he couldnt go back to the rideau division without their permission, which makes it pretty difficult for him to go to any contenders in the rideau-st.lawrence conderence at this point. especially since he goes to school in kingston any drive is going to be a long one.

longballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Matrix20027

I don't think westport will allow him ( rutley ) on any team that could beat them. It's pretty bad that when a player only has 3 months left of junior hockey and one man could put a stop to where he can go.

Last edited by Matrix20027: 12-30-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Matrix20027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 04:42 AM
KL14

Renfrew

After winning three in a row, Renfrew has dropped it's last two and face a tough Clarence Creek team tonight. Renfrew had Perth beat the other night but goaltending was the difference...again. Perth got when they needed it and Renfrew didn't. Getting consistent goaltending has been a big problem for Renfrew all year.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Ottawa Guy

Casselman Gets Stronger

The South Grenville Rangers trade Sam McLaughlin to the Cassleman Vikings for future considerations.

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 06:46 PM
BadgerKnight

Upcoming Showcase

This coming Saturday, January 5, the Gan Islanders are hosting the Rideau & St. Lawrence Division with the exception of Winchester @ the Gananoque Recreation Centre. Five games are being played starting at 9:30 a.m.

A key game should be Gan hosting Casselman. As noted above, the Vikings might have added another piece of the puzzle to repeat as league champions with the addition of McLaughlin.. The Islanders are led by Wyatt Cota who is 2nd amongst the overall point leaders.

BadgerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Oldschool

Quote:
After winning three in a row, Renfrew has dropped it's last two and face a tough Clarence Creek team tonight. Renfrew had Perth beat the other night but goaltending was the difference...again. Perth got when they needed it and Renfrew didn't. Getting consistent goaltending has been a big problem for Renfrew all year.
Went to the Renfrew game tonight. The last thing they should be worried about is their goalie!
Huge discipline issues on that squad to say the least!

Oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 07:11 AM
KL14

Renfrew loses again

Discipline was a big problem last. I have never seen a 9 (nine) minute penalty handed out when the other team did not receive even a minor (nor should they have in this situation). There was at least three other Renfrew penalties that were taken 150 feet from the puck. Renfrew tried to make a game of out but fell short other than that it was a classless performance. This is third time as well that Renfrew had a big crowd turn out for a game and then played poorly. Fan support is going to drop off unless Renfrew puts some wins on the board and Almonte is lurking close behind for that fourth playoff spot.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:57 AM
Ottawa Guy

Athens Makes a Move to Improve

The Athens Aeros acquire the playing rights of Jeremy Nichols from the Stittsville Royals for future considerations as agreed upon. Nichols's rights return to Stittsville at end of season.

Ottawa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Jeff077

It is very disappointing to see the Metro/Valley conference now having their own website under Pointstreak rather than under the EOJHL website. I am not sure if stats, standings, etc., will continue to be updated on the EOJHL site but it does not look like it at this point.
If a change was going to be made it should have been done during the off season and not 2/3rds of the way through it. It makes the EOJHL look very bush league at this point, but that does not seem to be an issue with Metro/Valley as they only seem to care about their own goals and agenda’s at this point, and not what is best for the entire league.
It looks like this is just the next step in Metro/Valley’s goal of getting this long standing league split up into either 2 separate leagues or condensed it into 1 “Super League” that would reduce the number of teams, which has been in discussion for some time, with the majority of RSL teams left out in the cold.
While I would agree that there are internal issues and long standing issues between the 2 conferences that need to be fixed in the EOJHL, I for one think how this is all being handled is completely wrong

Jeff077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:43 AM
hurricane11

thank Ron McCrusty for that. He thinks the EOJHL is the CCHL no way a super league works in Junior B i can't believe they have separate websites for both leagues. What is going to happen is eventually the costs are going to get to high that the league will lose some of its longstanding franchises.

So it is safe to say that Rutley will not be getting traded to a Rideau Division team if Westport has a say, i guess its possible they allow a move to Brockville but even they are no pushover and with him living in Kingston i can't see him going to another St Lawerence team

Old
01-02-2013, 10:49 AM
KL14

So that's what happened

I was wondering why the information on the usual EOJHL web site appeared to be missing the month of January.

Hard to believe that a separate website would be needed for Metro/Valley.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Canadian91

Quote:
It is very disappointing to see the Metro/Valley conference now having their own website under Pointstreak rather than under the EOJHL website. I am not sure if stats, standings, etc., will continue to be updated on the EOJHL site but it does not look like it at this point.
If a change was going to be made it should have been done during the off season and not 2/3rds of the way through it. It makes the EOJHL look very bush league at this point, but that does not seem to be an issue with Metro/Valley as they only seem to care about their own goals and agenda’s at this point, and not what is best for the entire league.
It looks like this is just the next step in Metro/Valley’s goal of getting this long standing league split up into either 2 separate leagues or condensed it into 1 “Super League” that would reduce the number of teams, which has been in discussion for some time, with the majority of RSL teams left out in the cold.
While I would agree that there are internal issues and long standing issues between the 2 conferences that need to be fixed in the EOJHL, I for one think how this is all being handled is completely wrong
I'm still getting Metro/Valley stats on the league website....

Canadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:29 AM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
I'm still getting Metro/Valley stats on the league website....
Future games are removed...new site is not accurate yet either as games are missing

Old
01-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Jeff077

Quote:
I was wondering why the information on the usual EOJHL web site appeared to be missing the month of January.

Hard to believe that a separate website would be needed for Metro/Valley.
It is not needed, but this is the 1st step in their separation process.
As mentioned in other posts the new site is not up to date the old site does not have most of the future games. It is making the league look bush league at a timne when they should be promoting it.
However this is what a number of teams in are really pushing for in the Metro/Valley at the expense of the entire EOJHL.
The RSL was not notified about the new website deal with Pointstreak until after a deal had been struck by the Metro/Valley with Pointstreak.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
hurricane11

If its true that decision was made before Rideau- Stl knew about the change shouldn't Dwaine Barkley step in. Pointstreak is better site but doesn't make sense for a half a league to change mid season.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
If its true that decision was made before Rideau- Stl knew about the change shouldn't Dwaine Barkley step in. Pointstreak is better site but doesn't make sense for a half a league to change mid season.
At this stage Dwaine has been over stepped and has NO say at all with regards to the Metro/Valley, even as the comissioner.

I agree fullly with the website comment. The cost to use Pointstreak is alot more per team though.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
At this stage Dwaine has been over stepped and has NO say at all with regards to the Metro/Valley, even as the comissioner.

I agree fullly with the website comment. The cost to use Pointstreak is alot more per team though.
I was told by a team GM back in the fall that they were switching to Pointstreak. And as someone who has worked the clock and entered live scores using both websites, Pointstreak is MUCH better.

ottawafan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
I was told by a team GM back in the fall that they were switching to Pointstreak. And as someone who has worked the clock and entered live scores using both websites, Pointstreak is MUCH better.
I am not saying it is not a better website. I think it is as well.

However the RSL was not informed of this until December and now you have 1/2 the teams on one site and the other 1/2 on the original site, not to mention the fact that it is not up to date stats or roster wise on Pointstreak as of 11 AM this morning.

Should have been done after this season was finsihed and started fresh. Makes the league as a whole look bad, but that is not a concern to the Metro/Valley due to their agenda.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Oldschool

They can put the stats anywhere they want. The fact is outside of a few parents nobody cares about jrB stats.

Oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Hockeyfan6713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
They can put the stats anywhere they want. The fact is outside of a few parents nobody cares about jrB stats.
typical irrelevant and immature comment.

The hundreds of players in the league care about them. Like you said the parents care, then theres the friends, scouts (because college scouts and NCAA div.3 care) and others. A good example of the amount of people who check the websites are the polls, there are always a hundreds of participants...

Hockeyfan6713 is offline   Reply With Quote