HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part X: Is There Any Hope? Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I haven't seen anyone who has.

If Gaborik does need to moved, it will be a blow. But if he's traded for a cheap 2nd/3rd line tweener then the team will be in roughly the same spot as last season only with Nash instead of Gaborik (expect all the youngins will be 2 years older and wiser). And that team lost the President's trophy on the last day of the season and was six wins away from winning the Stanley Cup.
You are replacing a 76 pt player with a 59 pt one and expect the same results???

Old
01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
My own belief is that Slats is under the impression that Nash can replace Gaborik's 40 goals while being more of a "Torts guy" on the ice. Nash can kill penalties and brings a physical game that Gaborik could never hope to match. He fits the mold of this team better than Gabby does. Get one season of both, then ship off Gabby for a high-end prospect, picks and/or a 2nd line RW.

I don't love the idea, but that's my take.
Exactly how I view the situation. Like it or hate it I think the writings been on the wall for a while.

01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
3 bottom 6 guys, not 4-5. And I believe it's more likely than getting rid of MDZ or Gaborik.
To be honest, I'd rather trade Gaborik than jump through such hoops just to field a 20 man roster with no extra pieces. Sure, I hate it, but at least that jettison's your offensive dynamo but keeps a foundation intact.

Your roster, while it works mathematically, would be rotting this team from the bottom up.

Old
haveandare

Quote:

If Gaborik does need to moved, it will be a blow. But if he's traded for a cheap 2nd/3rd line tweener then the team will be in roughly the same spot as last season only with Nash instead of Gaborik (expect all the youngins will be 2 years older and wiser). And that team lost the President's trophy on the last day of the season and was six wins away from winning the Stanley Cup.
True. Being in the same situation as last season isn't a terrible fate, but it does pretty much negate the Nash trade in terms of being the move that really provided what almost everyone knew this team needed and put them "over the top." Also, we know how Gaborik can perform in this city and with this team while we're only pretty sure how Nash will do.

Old
truebluegoalie

Quote:

It is also something of a new reality IF (and that is a big if) the cap was 60 million as proposed. You can't expect to have gaborik, nash, richards, lundqvist, etc. all on the roster with such a low cap. Just because people are willing to deal with that doesn't make them ignorant, or happy about it. But if that is the new landscape then it is what it is and you deal with it.

btw, 1k posts, looks like this won't be the last lockout thread, hopefully the next one will be.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
You are replacing a 76 pt player with a 59 pt one and expect the same results???

Old
01-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
You should go watch baseball if this is how you value players.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
True. Being in the same situation as last season isn't a terrible fate, but it does pretty much negate the Nash trade in terms of being the move that really provided what almost everyone knew this team needed and put them "over the top." Also, we know how Gaborik can perform in this city and with this team while we're only pretty sure how Nash will do.
Well it would give one season of Nash and Gaborik. Hopefully that would be enough.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:59 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Agreed but I mean the plan was always to take two runs with both. Now we're down to one (if we're lucky) thanks to Howson and the lockout uncertainty.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Over 1k. Please use the new thread.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1314801

I copied over the last 20 posts are so since the conversation has been churning.

Closed Thread