HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 NFL Season Thread - The Baltimore Ravens are Superbowl Champs!

Old
01-02-2013, 02:26 PM
jsho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I can see Indy beating Baltimore, unless Baltimore can come out and destory Luck early and often.

Seattle-Washington is a coin toss for me. Two hottest teams in the NFL going head to head.

I don't see Green Bay losing at home to Minny, could happen but I think they are smart enough to overcome the loss the other day.

Cincy, good road team, hot right now. Good chance for the upset there.
That game is a huge toss up for me. Indy is pretty hot right now and Baltimore has been playing below average the last month. They've lost 4 of their last 5 and the game right before that was the 4th and 29 game against the chargers where they played brutal but won because of that play.

Luck's numbers at home vs the road are also like night and day. Hes struggled a lot with turnovers on the road.

Really tough game to predict. But I'll pull for Indy for a potential Indy vs Denver matchup.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 02:29 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Ray Lewis is retiring after this season.

You will be missed.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 02:47 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Ray Lewis is retiring after this season.

You will be missed.
Not overly shocking, sounded that way after he sustained the injury. One heck of a warrior.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 03:38 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Can't see Washington beating Seattle, but then I thought Washington was at least a year away from seriously competing. Garcon and Morris have been a great complement to RGIII.

Green Bay would normally win this type of game, I just wonder if they have too many injuries, especially defensively.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:21 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
I'm a lot more confident in Washington beating the Seahawks at Fedex than I would be if they were playing in Seattle. The Seahawks haven't been good on the road, and they don't seem to play well on grass either. It should be a good matchup though. Both teams have terrific running games and both have defenses who can stop the run, though Washington's D seems like they've been overacheiving for a while now and I've been afraid the bubble will burst every week. I just hope they can keep it going.

01-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

IF the only thing that is going against Seattle is their "road record", then that's laughable. The Seahawks will win this and I'm pretty confident. RGIII isn't 100% with that knee injury and their defense is pretty putrid enough for Russell Wilson to completely dissect it.

Seahawks 33 Redskins 20

Blue And Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I'm a lot more confident in Washington beating the Seahawks at Fedex than I would be if they were playing in Seattle. The Seahawks haven't been good on the road, and they don't seem to play well on grass either. It should be a good matchup though. Both teams have terrific running games and both have defenses who can stop the run, though Washington's D seems like they've been overacheiving for a while now and I've been afraid the bubble will burst every week. I just hope they can keep it going.
I don't see their D stopping Lynch or Wilson.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:40 PM
joestevens29

Reid to KC, not sure what he'll be able to do there though.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:06 PM
jsho

Quote:
The team did have 7 wins last year and had a pretty big tragedy this year. 2 wins doesn't flatter anyone but I don't think they are that bad.

I think they have some really nice pieces on defense. Offense will be a huge question mark. They need a QB and likely need Bowe to stay or get someone that can be a #1. They have talented RB's but their QBs combined for under 3000 yards this year. And the receivers had terrible years. Bowe = 59 receptions for 801 yards and McCluster = 52 receptions for 452 yards.

Broncos had a cakewalk in that division so really between the Chargers, Raiders or Chiefs I see them on level ground to challenge them depending on their off seasons.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
He's a 'supposed' QB coach who runs an offense that helps QBs.

I think there is a chance they don't take a QB(Geno/Barkley) with their pick now.

I can see them take LT Luke Joeckel with their pick, and picking a QB in the 2nd. Trading for an Alex Smith or something as a stop gap.

01-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Kyle McMahon

KC picked the worst year to pick #1. They desperately need a QB (or even a receiver) in a year where all the top prospects are on defense. In September it looked like Geno Smith and Matt Barkley were both going to be top 3 picks, but the stock of both fell drastically. They seem destined to be the Vince Young and Matt Leinart of this draft class. It would be tough for KC to justify taking Geno at #1 at this point, but it is possible. Barkley is totally off the radar by now.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 11:24 PM
misfit

With Reid at the helm, odds are they were going to take a defensive lineman with their first pick anyway.

That said, I could still see them going with Geno Smith #1.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

I can see KC picking Geno Smith.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:06 PM
jsho

Which teams will need a starting QB this year via the draft, trade or free agency.

Bills
Cardinals
Jacksonville (seems like it will almost be certain they trade for Tebow)

and maybe Oakland and Cleveland. But they wouldn't do it in the first round.

Seems like a QB would be there for them with the #33 pick. And with some of the later round talent at QB last year they would probably wait...if they're smart imo.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:34 PM
misfit

Arizona
Buffalo
KC
New York
Jacksonville
Philly

6 teams by my count that need starters at the QB position. Not all of these teams are going to be looking at QB with their 1st pick, but it's possible that all of Smith, Wilson, and Barkley are gone in the 1st round. It's already a poor QB class as it is. When you're desperate for a QB you need to get the best one you can.

I don't see Cleveland taking a QB, but I agree that Oakland is a slight possibility though I see them more likely looking to support Palmer than replace him at this point.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:38 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Yes should be an exciting playoffs there are a lot of good teams
First round of the playoffs is next week I think the following teams all win:
Baltimore beats Indianapolis
Houston beats Cincinnati
Green Bay beats Minnesota
Seattle beats Washington
Yay i went 4 for 4 that was lucky

I'll make me picks for next week later it will be alot tougher though all good teams next week
Feel free to post your own picks for next week we could make a game out of it

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:43 PM
misfit

Well, that was a devastating way for your season to end. Cousins should've gone in for the 2nd half if not the 2nd quarter when it was clear RG3 had re-injured his knee. That collapse on the low snap was tough to watch.

Still proud of the Redskins for what they were able to accomplish this season especially considering they lost their Pro-Bowl pass rusher in Orakpo for the year early in the season. I didn't expect them to win the division or make the playoffs in their first year with Griffin. It's going to be a long off-season, and would've been even longer had the NHL and PA not come to an agreement on a new CBA.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:55 PM
jsho

Quote:
Arizona
Buffalo
KC
New York
Jacksonville
Philly

6 teams by my count that need starters at the QB position. Not all of these teams are going to be looking at QB with their 1st pick, but it's possible that all of Smith, Wilson, and Barkley are gone in the 1st round. It's already a poor QB class as it is. When you're desperate for a QB you need to get the best one you can.

I don't see Cleveland taking a QB, but I agree that Oakland is a slight possibility though I see them more likely looking to support Palmer than replace him at this point.
Well I think Jacksonville trades for Tebow and run with him and Henne. Philly with stick with Foles. And New York seems like they're sticking with Rex Ryan and Sanchez, even though its a terrible move.

But there are QB's that will be with new teams before the draft. Vick and Smith will likely be with new teams and be the starter. And possibly someone takes a chance on Flynn.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:50 PM
SDig14

It's just a poor draft class for offensive players in general.

Probably a good thing for my Falcons, should be able to get the best back in the draft if they wanna go that route.

IMO, there are no QBs, backs, or receivers with top 10 talent, which is very rare.

Unfortunately, with only likely 3 QBs going in the first round, they'll likely get picked up quick by terrible teams, and won't be shocked when Geno Smith goes #1, either to KC or a team needing a QB.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:13 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Well, that was a devastating way for your season to end. Cousins should've gone in for the 2nd half if not the 2nd quarter when it was clear RG3 had re-injured his knee. That collapse on the low snap was tough to watch.

Still proud of the Redskins for what they were able to accomplish this season especially considering they lost their Pro-Bowl pass rusher in Orakpo for the year early in the season. I didn't expect them to win the division or make the playoffs in their first year with Griffin. It's going to be a long off-season, and would've been even longer had the NHL and PA not come to an agreement on a new CBA.
Proud of the team, pissed they played RG3 after the first quarter. Talk about high risk high reward.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Proud of the team, pissed they played RG3 after the first quarter. Talk about high risk high reward.
I don't know if the reward was high to be honest. I know everyone wants to win, but is there not a voice of reason in Washington?

Shanahan better hope Cousins is up for the task, because they lose 4 or 5 to start the year and gonzo. Granted he's making 7mil a year he probably doesn't have to worry that much.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:46 PM
misfit

Quote:
I don't know if the reward was high to be honest. I know everyone wants to win, but is there not a voice of reason in Washington?

Shanahan better hope Cousins is up for the task, because they lose 4 or 5 to start the year and gonzo. Granted he's making 7mil a year he probably doesn't have to worry that much.
My thoughts exactly. Cousins is no RG3, but he's shown he can run the offense. Not only did they keep an inefective Griffin on the field who couldn't run or throw on account of his knee, but they also stopped using Morris who was averaging over 5 yards per carry. It just made no sense. RG3 is a warrior for playing through it, but Shannahan should've taken him out at least after the first half, if not the first quarter.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Kyle McMahon

Shanahan just continuing to show he's an idiot who rode John Elway and Terrell Davis' coattails and parlayed it into 15+ years of future employment. And this is before you even consider the risk of continuing to play an obviously injured Griffin. Poor playcalling and defensive sets had already pissed away the game before Griffin had to be removed. Blowing a 14 point lead at home to a team that hasn't won a road playoff game in 30 years is attrocious. I'm not a Redskins fan, but I'd imagine they're left with a pretty sour taste in their mouths after that collapse, despite a very surprising run to the playoffs.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:25 PM
#ualberta

Round 2 of the playoffs are happening this weekend.
There are some really good matchups, last week i made no mistake in guessing the winners but last week wasn't to challenging this week is damn near impossible but i'll give it a shot
I think…
Denver beats Baltimore
New England beats Houston
Seattle beats Atlanta
Green Bay beats San Francisco

I really believe in the first two guesses i really think the Broncos and Patriots will win; the last two predictions on the other hand i don't feel confident about. I was initially going to go with Atlanta just changed my mind on that one i feel Seattle is a very hot team right now, the packers and 49ers is the biggest toss up imo but i am leaning more towards Green Bay for sure i think Aaron Rogers is the better QB. Obviously anything can happen these are all great matchups should be a fun weekend.

Side note: its really unfortunate RG3 had to have major knee surgery hopefully rehab goes as expected and he makes a good comeback next season.

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 06:30 PM
timekeep

Very surprised with Den-Bal game. Way closer than I thought it would be. But it is good game.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote