HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 - 2013 lines

Old
01-02-2013, 01:38 PM
pattyb91
Twitter: @pattyb94

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Must be depressing for Frans Nielsen that after 6 years for NYI, only 50% of the fans know his name.
Not one person spelled Frans Nielsen's name wrong. You are getting confused because people also mentioned Brock Nelson.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:39 PM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
IF Cizkas outplay Reasoner, will Reasoner be released?

I would go like this

moulson - tavares - boyes
bailey - nielsen - okposo
nino - ullstrom/Nelson - grabner
martin - Cizkas/reasoner - joensuu/UFA
boulton
i'm sorry Nelson has no business being on this roster yet...that discussion should be had for next season

NYI78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
i'm sorry Nelson has no business being on this roster yet...that discussion should be had for next season
Agreed, especially since he's going to be out for at least 2-3 weeks with a broken jaw. Also, he'll most likely come back from thinner than he was because he won't be able to eat solid foods for awhile, and it's not like he had an NHL build to begin with.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:47 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Based on their play at the AHL level THIS season, I think Nelson should get the call ahead of Cizikas as far as the top-9 is concerned. The guy has been nothing short of awesome in Bridgeport this season. Cizikas has been OK, but I'd rather see him bounce Reasoner out of the lineup and stick on the 4th, or just keep him getting top minutes down in BP.

I'd go with this:

Moulson - Tavares - Boyes
Bailey - Nelson - Okposo
Ullstrom - Nielsen - Grabner
Martin - Reasoner/Cizikas - Boulton

Streit - Hamonic
Visnovsky - MacDonald
Donovan - Carkner

Nabokov
Poulin

I'd like to see Nino remain in BP for a little longer and potentially get a chance to replace Boyes if he flops on that top line. That said, if he has a big camp(not sure how long a camp would be) I would consider using him in that 3rd line spot, maybe dropping Ullstrom the 4th and scratching Boulton.

Either way, it's an interesting lineup. Expectations should be relatively low, but the potential for success is there depending on how some of the young guys develop/how Streit, Vis and Nabby perform/whether or not JT is ready to take his game to that 100pt player tier. Either way, I can't wait.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:52 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
Agreed, especially since he's going to be out for at least 2-3 weeks with a broken jaw. Also, he'll most likely come back from thinner than he was because he won't be able to eat solid foods for awhile, and it's not like he had an NHL build to begin with.
Unfortunately, if Nelson is not ready to go by the start of the season, that only increases the likelihood of Strome making this team. I just don't see this team giving Cizikas a top-9 center spot. He could probably compete for one, with the likes of Strome and/or Nelson, but I highly doubt he would win that battle. Anything could happen though, I suppose.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
KrisBeKreame

Cizikas on the fourth line si an absolut waste of his talent and potential. Leave Reasoner there if Cizikas does not make the top 9.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:56 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Unfortunately, if Nelson is not ready to go by the start of the season, that only increases the likelihood of Strome making this team. I just don't see this team giving Cizikas a top-9 center spot. He could probably compete for one, with the likes of Strome and/or Nelson, but I highly doubt he would win that battle. Anything could happen though, I suppose.
As it posted earlier, Both Strome and Reinhart are ineligable to play in the NHL this season.

I think we will see something like

Moulson - Tavares - Okposo
Bailey - Nielsen - Boyes
Grabner - Cizikas - Ullstrom
Martin - Resoner - Joensuu

Streit - Viznovsky
MacDonald- Hamonic
Donovon - Carkner

Old
01-02-2013, 02:13 PM
InformTheMasses

Agreed, I had almost identical lines posted early in the thread. Basically same personnel.

About the eligible call-up list, I really hope for Stromes sake that Ritchie does not get called up and stays with Strome and Niagra and makes a run at the Memorial Cup. I think Ritchie has been HUGE for Strome's development.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 02:23 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
As it posted earlier, Both Strome and Reinhart are ineligable to play in the NHL this season.

I think we will see something like

Moulson - Tavares - Okposo
Bailey - Nielsen - Boyes
Grabner - Cizikas - Ullstrom
Martin - Resoner - Joensuu

Streit - Viznovsky
MacDonald- Hamonic
Donovon - Carkner
You sure about that? I don't know the rules but I did see a tweet about a week ago(I think it was Hradek?) saying he wouldn't be surprised if Strome makes the Isles to start this shortened season with the way he's been playing in the OHL/WJC. I'll try to repost the tweet if I can find it.

EDIT: Just found it. It was BDGallof. Not sure how credible, but here was the tweet: 28 Dec "If a season happens, despite #isles viewed Strome as needing a yr last summer, at mid-yr, will now have to strongly reassess internally." Someone actually replied asking about the clause that forces CHL players to end their year playing in the CHL, but he responded with "start of NHL season is the start of NHL season"

Last edited by blinkman360: 01-02-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old
01-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Veteran journeyman

What I think they'll be:

Moulson-Tavares-Boyes
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Bailey-Reasoner-Joensuu
Martin-Cizikas-Boulton

Streit-Vis
Hamonic-AMac
Donovan-Carkner

What I'd rather to see (provided there are no trades):

Moulson-Tavares-Okposo
Grabner-Nielsen-Bailey
Joensuu-Reasoner-Boyes (the "prove something if you want to play more" line)
Martin-Cizikas-Ullstrom
Boulton

Streit-Hamonic
Vis-Carkner
Donovan-AMac

I'm not crazy about Carkner on the second pairing, but I also don't like the idea of pairing him with a rookie in Donovan who is going to need a steady, reliable presence to ease him into the NHL.

On forward, no one on the third line there has done anything of late to warrant top-six minutes. Tavares deserves and has earned the right to play with linemates who will at least put forth a solid effort. Let Boyes show that he's ready to do that before gifting him first line minutes, because he certainly did everything he could to avoid the tough areas last season.

I like my fourth line best. I think it's a good mix of defense, size, toughness and tenacity, with the ability to contribute a few goals to boot...exactly what a fourth line should be rather than a collection of leftovers.

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 03:05 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
You sure about that? I don't know the rules but I did see a tweet about a week ago(I think it was Hradek?) saying he wouldn't be surprised if Strome makes the Isles to start this shortened season with the way he's been playing in the OHL/WJC. I'll try to repost the tweet if I can find it.

EDIT: Just found it. It was BDGallof. Not sure how credible, but here was the tweet: 28 Dec "If a season happens, despite #isles viewed Strome as needing a yr last summer, at mid-yr, will now have to strongly reassess internally." Someone actually replied asking about the clause that forces CHL players to end their year playing in the CHL, but he responded with "start of NHL season is the start of NHL season"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
Ryan Strome is not eligible to play for the Islanders this season when the lockout ends. There is a list of eligible players playing Juniors that can be called up to the NHL when the lockout ends. The Islanders did not put Strome on that list.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=9539

To me the fact that niether is on the list means niether is eligable. I am curious though if the TSN list is offical?

Old
01-02-2013, 03:28 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
To me the fact that niether is on the list means niether is eligable. I am curious though if the TSN list is offical?
Interesting. Very strange that the Isles wouldn't list Strome, considering this doesn't guarantee a spot on the team or even a spot in camp. It actually seems a bit stupid to not list him, even if they don't plan on him being a part of the team this year.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
thedonger

Quote:
iirc, tsn's list omitted the isles and it was reported back in October(?) that Strome and Reinhart were both on the recall list. too lazy to look for the posts though.
to be honest, i'm hoping the current tsn list is accurate though. it would tell me that maybe management is finally starting to learn it's lesson.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Beastrt

I pretty sure that is a mistake by tsn Strome and Reinhart are on the list, i recall Mckenzie tweeting that. Shocker that the islanders are forgotten again.

They are on this list
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-lockout-ends/

Beastrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:09 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
iirc, tsn's list omitted the isles and it was reported back in October(?) that Strome and Reinhart were both on the recall list. too lazy to look for the posts though.
to be honest, i'm hoping the current tsn list is accurate though. it would tell me that maybe management is finally starting to learn it's lesson.
Not sure I get that. Considering a lot of the names on that list(Ceci, Corrado, Hamilton, Harrington, Huberdeau, Laughton, Maatta, Noesen, Pouliot, Rattie, Wilson) are prospects of 2011-12 playoff teams. Teams much harder for prospects to crack than the Islanders. Not sure it should be much of a surprise that Strome and Reinhart are on that list.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:15 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Must be depressing for Frans Nielsen that after 6 years for NYI, only 50% of the fans know his name.
C'mon now, we have Nielsen, Nelson, and Nilsson in the organization.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Tavaresfan91

i would not have a problem with nino up here again because he has looked pretty solid in the port. With that being said dont bring him up and play him with Reasoner and Boulton. Id like to see him with Moulson and JT i think he would put up numbers.

Tavaresfan91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:51 PM
iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
i would not have a problem with nino up here again because he has looked pretty solid in the port. With that being said dont bring him up and play him with Reasoner and Boulton. Id like to see him with Moulson and JT i think he would put up numbers.
If he is not ready then he might bring that line down. We can`t afford that in a
shortened season.

iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:47 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

I don't want to see Strome, Nelson, or Niederreiter. Don't blow the development of them now. Let the Reasoners and Boultons play, "be really bad" as Chuckles says and get another top 5 pick. It'll be easier to take the losses with a shortened season since we'll all just be happy to see hockey anyway.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 08:31 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
I don't want to see Strome, Nelson, or Niederreiter. Don't blow the development of them now. Let the Reasoners and Boultons play, "be really bad" as Chuckles says and get another top 5 pick. It'll be easier to take the losses with a shortened season since we'll all just be happy to see hockey anyway.
This.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 08:38 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
This.
Terrible. Although, if you wanted to throw away a season wouldn't it make more sense to have the Strome's and Nino's get some top-6 NHL experience?

Either way, this team doesn't need anymore top-5 picks. This team needs some proven veteran talent. IMO, we are a big trade/signing away from being relevant. With the CBA approaching, we could potentially see that trade happening sooner than expected if certain teams end up needing to cut payroll to get within the cap restrictions. Infuse the youth(Strome/Nino/Griff) around an already solid core, and this team could actually start winning some games(and maybe a playoff round or two).

I know it's been a while, but winning really does feel good.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:00 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Agreed, I had almost identical lines posted early in the thread. Basically same personnel.

About the eligible call-up list, I really hope for Stromes sake that Ritchie does not get called up and stays with Strome and Niagra and makes a run at the Memorial Cup. I think Ritchie has been HUGE for Strome's development.
i'd rather have strome's season end as soon as possible and get him into to bridgeport for a dozen games

Old
01-03-2013, 08:03 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Terrible. Although, if you wanted to throw away a season wouldn't it make more sense to have the Strome's and Nino's get some top-6 NHL experience?

Either way, this team doesn't need anymore top-5 picks. This team needs some proven veteran talent. IMO, we are a big trade/signing away from being relevant. With the CBA approaching, we could potentially see that trade happening sooner than expected if certain teams end up needing to cut payroll to get within the cap restrictions. Infuse the youth(Strome/Nino/Griff) around an already solid core, and this team could actually start winning some games(and maybe a playoff round or two).

I know it's been a while, but winning really does feel good.
you can never have too many top 5 picks..especially in this draft..i actually don't want a season..there.. i said it..no season would get us a top 3 pick most likely..if we play we won't be that bad..this draft has VERY special talent

Old
01-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Tavaresfan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
you can never have too many top 5 picks..especially in this draft..i actually don't want a season..there.. i said it..no season would get us a top 3 pick most likely..if we play we won't be that bad..this draft has VERY special talent
How do you figure that? We only have a 5% chance at the #1 pick while several other teams have better chances then we do? I hope I'm wrong but I think if there's a season we have a good shot at a lottery pick, much better than it we had no season.

Tavaresfan91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:42 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
How do you figure that? We only have a 5% chance at the #1 pick while several other teams have better chances then we do? I hope I'm wrong but I think if there's a season we have a good shot at a lottery pick, much better than it we had no season.
i beleive they had weighted rules in place last time this happened.. i found this online
so in hindsight your probably right

The league settled on a weighted lottery that was determined this way: The franchises that had missed the playoffs in the three previous seasons -- and had not landed the No. 1 overall choice in the previous four drafts -- had the best chance (6.3 percent