HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 04:07 PM
bud12

vCash: 500

maybe Mcguire can give some advices to Bordeleau for a change of scenery

Old
12-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Score 6 goals one game, get shutout the next two.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:55 PM
That

Patrick Holland played his best game in a while. Timed his rushes well and made some great moves. He went to the net hard. One particular sequence had him go end-to-end and then attempt a wrap around. He wound up taking a few whacks at the goalie.

He still has to watch the turnovers though, he does too much at times.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:07 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post

maybe Mcguire can give some advices to Bordeleau for a change of scenery
I've got some advice for him don't get "Hagar the Horrible" mad next time they play Hamilton. Doesn't he realize that he's on TV and it's taped so people can watch it over and laugh again and again.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:01 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Patrick Holland played his best game in a while. Timed his rushes well and made some great moves. He went to the net hard. One particular sequence had him go end-to-end and then attempt a wrap around. He wound up taking a few whacks at the goalie.

He still has to watch the turnovers though, he does too much at times.
How's he looked QB'ing the PP? That was one of the things I really liked about him in Junior. And I don't really see Subban or Beaulieu as PP QBs, so would be an added bonus if he were to be able to play that role in the NHL, even if he was a 3rd liner otherwise...

Old
01-01-2013, 11:18 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Hello everyone

I'm going to a Bulldogs game (I think on the 15th) and i have a couple questions. I have only seen parts of games this year, and although I'm well aware of some of the "bigger names", I would greatly appreciate some info on some of the lesser known guys before I go see them play as well as who has been hot/cold lately. I read through this thread, but it's pretty short (I'll prob look for the last one). Any information pertaining to lines and d pairs would be wonderful if anyone is willing. Maybe I'll get to see tinordi get into a fight with one of the hometown guys

Anyways, thanks in advance and a happy new year!

Old
01-01-2013, 11:43 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Hello everyone

I'm going to a Bulldogs game (I think on the 15th) and i have a couple questions. I have only seen parts of games this year, and although I'm well aware of some of the "bigger names", I would greatly appreciate some info on some of the lesser known guys before I go see them play as well as who has been hot/cold lately. I read through this thread, but it's pretty short (I'll prob look for the last one). Any information pertaining to lines and d pairs would be wonderful if anyone is willing. Maybe I'll get to see tinordi get into a fight with one of the hometown guys

Lines change almost every game. I think you could expect that from a development team yes. Aside from that, cross your fingers that Kracken Avtsin is in the lineup, that Leblanc gets used at center with decent ice time, Holland gets used in a position where he can progress and that Sortini hurt his butt out of the lineup.

Crossing fingers seem to have worked for Beaulieu, so you never know

Old
01-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
Quote:
Hello everyone

Stortini sucks.

Old
01-01-2013, 12:19 PM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2772 View Post
Stortini sucks.
that's about what i expected for Stortini
so pumped to see Beaulieu in action! Also will look out for Kracken Avtsin.

Old
01-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
that's about what i expected for Stortini
so pumped to see Beaulieu in action! Also will look out for Kracken Avtsin.
Number 17 Brendan Gallagher too.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:06 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
How's he looked QB'ing the PP? That was one of the things I really liked about him in Junior. And I don't really see Subban or Beaulieu as PP QBs, so would be an added bonus if he were to be able to play that role in the NHL, even if he was a 3rd liner otherwise...
Pretty good actually. He's been playing with Beaulieu. I'm not sure if they are the best combination, as they both prefer to pass the puck, but they've make some good plays together. Holland has made some turnovers from the point, I can't remember any lately though. He's steadily improved that aspect of his game throughout the season.

He's surprisingly good at holding the blue line. Pretty good hand-eye coordination, he knocks down loose pucks easily.

I really like how Holland is becoming more willing to shoot. He's gaining more confidence in his. While it's not very powerful, it's pretty accurate, so it's nice how he has that option now.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:36 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Pretty good actually. He's been playing with Beaulieu. I'm not sure if they are the best combination, as they both prefer to pass the puck, but they've make some good plays together. Holland has made some turnovers from the point, I can't remember any lately though. He's steadily improved that aspect of his game throughout the season.

He's surprisingly good at holding the blue line. Pretty good hand-eye coordination, he knocks down loose pucks easily.

I really like how Holland is becoming more willing to shoot. He's gaining more confidence in his. While it's not very powerful, it's pretty accurate, so it's nice how he has that option now.
Great to hear. I think one of them (Holland and Beaulieu) ends up next to Subban on the first PP eventually. Have only watched a couple Bulldogs games, but in junior I thought Holland was better at QBing a PP personally.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:41 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Number 17 Brendan Gallagher too.
Thanks!

Will be looking for him and Holland as well

Old
01-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Maxpac

Do Beaulieu and Holland play in a way to set-up the one-timer or is Beaulieu playing left D on the pp? I really we get to see Markov with that kid in the future, could be something special with Beaulieu having 100x the skating of Souray, Streit, Schneider or Bergeron.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Dharvey33

They suck. Beaulieu is a turnover machine he will need to correct that pretty soon if he wants to play in the nhl.

Gallagher is good but cannot manage a single line on his own he needs a good playmaker to help him.Dumont is a good surprise i'm hoping he can be a 3rd line center one day.

Man a future 1st line of Gallagher Gally and Paciorretty would look good perfect combination of grit scoring and passing ability.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Holland was an effective PP weapon in juniors because of his shot, while it won't wow anyone he's good at hitting the net with it.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
S Bah

The Bulldogs can sure use a win in the worst way but like all the other teams every player has upped their efforts in hopes of landing a job in the NHL,if they sign an agreement that's looking promising.Go Bulldoggies Go!

Old
01-02-2013, 04:48 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Do Beaulieu and Holland play in a way to set-up the one-timer or is Beaulieu playing left D on the pp? I really we get to see Markov with that kid in the future, could be something special with Beaulieu having 100x the skating of Souray, Streit, Schneider or Bergeron.
He doesn't have nearly as good a shot as any of those guys though. Streit is a pretty good skater too. I wouldn't call Beaulieu's skating 100x better than his, especially going backwards.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:01 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
He doesn't have nearly as good a shot as any of those guys though. Streit is a pretty good skater too. I wouldn't call Beaulieu's skating 100x better than his, especially going backwards.
Beaulieu's skating was critiqued when the Habs drafted him and his defence was directly affected by his inability to skate well backwards and his shot while hard is far from accurate.On many occasions with Hamilton we have seen him shoot from the low circle and miss the net completely unlike the abilities of Streit,Schneider,Souray and even Bergeron at times.Beaulieu will be a quality NHL defenceman as long as he's not rushed and is afforded the proper tutelage he's receiving in Hamilton.

Old
01-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Already down 2-0.

Lefebvre has to be on the hotseat at this point. This team is a disaster.

Old
01-02-2013, 06:37 PM
That

Stream: AtdheNet.TV

Dogs down 2-0, first almost over. All of the defenceman have been downright terrible today. Especially Beaulieu, he's having trouble staying on his feet and chasing the puck often going out of position.

Avtsin continues to play on penalty kill, he's been surprisingly good on it.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:00 PM
ChoseLa

The feed is pretty good.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Why why why is Chaput on the point instead of Beaulieu on a 5 on 3.

Predictably, the PP goes by the wayside. Has this team scored on a 5 on 3 this year? Even Derek Wills sounds completely exasperated.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Why why why is Chaput on the point instead of Beaulieu on a 5 on 3.

Predictably, the PP goes by the wayside. Has this team scored on a 5 on 3 this year? Even Derek Wills sounds completely exasperated.
Beaulieu is too risky on the point. Chaput looks better on the pt. They're not executing any play on the PP. Just trying to keep it alive instead of running a PP.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Beaulieu is too risky on the point. Chaput looks better on the pt. They're not executing any play on the PP. Just trying to keep it alive instead of running a PP.
It's a developmental league. No reason for a guy on AHL contract to be out there on a 5 on 3 instead of one of our top prospects.

5-0 now.

Closed Thread