HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Dougie Hamilton vs. Jacob Trouba

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?
Hamilton 100 37.04%
Trouba 153 56.67%
Not sure 17 6.30%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2013, 12:08 PM
  #51
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,475
vCash: 500
Hamilton. You can't teach size.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
  #52
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
What'd I do?
Compared Trouba to Bobby Orr.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:20 PM
  #53
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march
 
PensBandwagonerNo272's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,889
vCash: 450
Hamilton pretty easily. And that's not taking anything from Trouba.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:21 PM
  #54
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,640
vCash: 500
Hamilton, and by a pretty big margin too....

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:25 PM
  #55
MISC*
Negged.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
Trouba.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:44 PM
  #56
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Another great game by Trouba. IMO, he has been an MVP for the US squad.

He could also very well come out as the top d-man drafted from 2012 draft, the kid is scary good!!!

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:53 PM
  #57
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
This poll results are comical, not because of the players but because this would be a landslide 10 days ago.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:02 PM
  #58
sabresfan129103
Registered User
 
sabresfan129103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,838
vCash: 500
Holy crap Trouba is winning this.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:38 PM
  #59
jameswrjobe53
Registered User
 
jameswrjobe53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williamsburg VA
Country: Wake Island
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 492
Jacob Trouba

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:41 PM
  #60
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,749
vCash: 500
Hamilton hands-down. But he's still overrated.


TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:10 PM
  #61
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 4,837
vCash: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
This poll results are comical, not because of the players but because this would be a landslide 10 days ago.
That's because 95% of posters had never seen Trouba play 10 days ago.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:30 PM
  #62
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,231
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Hamilton. You can't teach size.
Yeah, because Trouba is 5'8"

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:14 PM
  #63
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,703
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Hamilton.

The poll will likely be extremely one-sided but it's closer than most would expect.
Isn't Trouba ahead?

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
  #64
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,703
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Hamilton. You can't teach size.
Soooo by that logic, Joe Thornton, a very good player, is better than Gretzky, who lacks the size that Joe has. Skill and hardwork is far more important than size. Not questioning Hamilton on either, this is simply to prove a point.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:22 PM
  #65
seafoam
Registered User
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 35,262
vCash: 50
I'd rather wait until we see them both in the AHL/NHL.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 08:50 PM
  #66
nafsregnar27
Registered User
 
nafsregnar27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central California
Country: United States
Posts: 478
vCash: 50
Trouba for me. I love this kid, Jets got a good one.

nafsregnar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:37 PM
  #67
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
That's because 95% of posters had never seen Trouba play 10 days ago.
Thats wierd because everyone around here would still of had an opinion on Trouba. You mean posters make opinions on players they have never seen before?

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:26 PM
  #68
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,874
vCash: 500
So if Dougie scores a goal in today's game the poll will slide back in his favor? I see how this works

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 12:55 AM
  #69
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 50
Jets fan and blogger here.

I'd take Hamilton over Trouba... BUT I want to say this:

This isn't just small sample size. I've been watching the Jets' prospects a lot and this is Trouba. Over at Michigan it's popular to say JMFT (3 guess what MF stands for).
16GP 5G 6A 11PTS 50PIM
It's tough getting that many points as a freshman in NCAA with spending that much time in the box (on a somewhat disappointing team but hopefully Merrill will be back and be his D partner soon again).

Trouba has closed the gap between them, and - who knows - he may even surpass Hamilton. But, he's not there, yet.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:55 AM
  #70
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Soooo by that logic, Joe Thornton, a very good player, is better than Gretzky, who lacks the size that Joe has. Skill and hardwork is far more important than size. Not questioning Hamilton on either, this is simply to prove a point.

You are on a different logic pattern than he is. I agree with him. When comparing two players similar in skill, of course you want the size. However in your example, Gretzky >>> Thornton, and thus your point has not been proven.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 12:21 PM
  #71
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,104
vCash: 50
Trouba now, Trouba a month ago

__________________
Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 12:37 PM
  #72
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,334
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
You are on a different logic pattern than he is. I agree with him. When comparing two players similar in skill, of course you want the size. However in your example, Gretzky >>> Thornton, and thus your point has not been proven.
We're talking about a size difference of 2" on players who probably aren't fully grown...

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:58 PM
  #73
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
That's because 95% of posters had never seen Trouba play 10 days ago.
And because Hamilton has been fairly awful for Canada at this tournament

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:03 PM
  #74
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Middle of nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 500
Trouba always, Hamilton will probably be even worse with utilizing his "size" than Hal Gill. Funny how in two WJC's against the best of players in his age range Hamilton's been useless, man are Boston fans overrating him.

kovatroll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
  #75
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On
 
TheRollingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookeyMonster View Post
Trouba always, Hamilton will probably be even worse with utilizing his "size" than Hal Gill. Funny how in two WJC's against the best of players in his age range Hamilton's been useless, man are Boston fans overrating him.
I was willing to look past last year, but this year...

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.