HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

New CBA and the Amnesty buyout and Kings going forward in 13/14

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2012, 05:56 PM
  #1
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
New CBA and the Amnesty buyout and Kings going forward in 13/14

From looking at Capgeek, it doesn't appear the Kings have any amnesty buyout candidates going into 13/14. Also, with losing Penner and gagne, and perhaps Richardson, they appear to be well under the new Cap of 60 M.

There are players to be resigned, however, it would appear they might be in a positoin to replace some forwards and maybe 1 Dman (althought I really like Scuderi and hope they extend him for a couple years like they did for Mitchell).
They do have some good prospects but DL seems to like established talent as well
Do you think they'll sign a FreeAgent? With some teams using the buyout and others way ove the cap (like Vancouver at 68 mill with 10 players who have contracts expiring this year, they will have to move some; Boston is at almost 70, they might have to move somone) that might need to dump salary for a pennies on the dollar trade, do you think DL will go for an established 2nd LW and bring up a prospect for the 3rd? What about the D?

Lupul is one of Mike Richards closest friends, a part of me would love to have him, I loved him as a Flyer , one of the many talented players they let go too early.
Thoughts?

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:20 PM
  #2
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,728
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
From looking at Capgeek, it doesn't appear the Kings have any amnesty buyout candidates going into 13/14. Also, with losing Penner and gagne, and perhaps Richardson, they appear to be well under the new Cap of 60 M.

There are players to be resigned, however, it would appear they might be in a positoin to replace some forwards and maybe 1 Dman (althought I really like Scuderi and hope they extend him for a couple years like they did for Mitchell).
They do have some good prospects but DL seems to like established talent as well
Do you think they'll sign a FreeAgent? With some teams using the buyout and others way ove the cap (like Vancouver at 68 mill with 10 players who have contracts expiring this year, they will have to move some; Boston is at almost 70, they might have to move somone) that might need to dump salary for a pennies on the dollar trade, do you think DL will go for an established 2nd LW and bring up a prospect for the 3rd? What about the D?

Lupul is one of Mike Richards closest friends, a part of me would love to have him, I loved him as a Flyer , one of the many talented players they let go too early.
Thoughts?
I think Lupul would be a good fit here. Moller returning is always another option. Those would be my 2 guesses.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2012, 07:27 PM
  #3
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,808
vCash: 500
I'd like to have Lupul on this team to play with Richards and Carter but I highly doubt the Leafs will let him go to FA after his great season with Kessel.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:38 AM
  #4
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,911
vCash: 500
Assuming we have the cap space to do it, I think DL would go after a player, likely via trade. We don't seem to have a lot of success in the free agency market and I don't see the Cup win changing that as much as some have suggested.

I doubt we'd do a deal with a team like Vancouver though, given they are conference rivals. A Boston or Toronto would make more sense.

I also agree that bringing Moller back for a look would be a good idea. I think most of the forwards we could recall (outside of Loktionov, whose a centre anyways) need another year in Manchester.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:52 AM
  #5
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,063
vCash: 500
there's a new CBA?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:12 AM
  #6
onlyalad
Registered User
 
onlyalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 500
Ok so the Kings wont need to use a buyout but would they? Could they buyout Gange to maybe get someone that may be released by some other team? Or a couple of someones? I have to think the only guys that will be out there will be the overpaid or injured but if a Malkin or Parise is cut or made UFA do the Kings make a play?

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:20 AM
  #7
HTK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Ok so the Kings wont need to use a buyout but would they? Could they buyout Gange to maybe get someone that may be released by some other team? Or a couple of someones? I have to think the only guys that will be out there will be the overpaid or injured but if a Malkin or Parise is cut or made UFA do the Kings make a play?
Why the heck would Parise or Malkin be UFA?????? Pass the Doobie pan the lef hand side.

HTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:23 AM
  #8
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I don't see us adding anyone at least not right away because I don't know who we would subtract. Do we drop or sit Clifford King or Nolan in favor of a player we would add to our team? We have one year left with Gagne and since he has been a wounded warrior I could see us trying to upgrade his spot but that might be a but pre mature now that his tumor has been removed (growth) and he "feels 100% healthy for the first time in years".

I just don't see us adding anyone unless it is from within.

I also think that the PA is going to insist on the cap remaining where it was last year at the very least as part of the new CBA going forward but that is merely speculation.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:30 PM
  #9
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,358
vCash: 500
This extended break could be doing wonders for Gagne's longevity, we certainly should be holding on to him.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
  #10
onlyalad
Registered User
 
onlyalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTK View Post
Why the heck would Parise or Malkin be UFA?????? Pass the Doobie pan the lef hand side.
First : when a team buys someone out they become UFAs.
Second: I was just using them as examples of what it might take for the Kings to buy out a contract to create space
Third: it is pass the duchie on the left hand side

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:00 PM
  #11
HTK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt6V3Ic72nE

This is how I remembered the song.

HTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:06 PM
  #12
onlyalad
Registered User
 
onlyalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTK View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt6V3Ic72nE

This is how I remembered the song.
If you remember it you weren't listening to it in the right frame of mind.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 03:45 PM
  #13
HTK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
If you remember it you weren't listening to it in the right frame of mind.
At least I got the lyrics wrong to prove maybe I was I the right frame of mind.

HTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:26 PM
  #14
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,063
vCash: 500
the original by Mighty Diamonds was "Pass the Kouchie" (basically the same meaning as HTK's version). Musical Youth's version was changed to Dutchie since someone figured a bunch of little kids shouldn't be singing about the joys of ganja

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:59 PM
  #15
onlyalad
Registered User
 
onlyalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
the original by Mighty Diamonds was "Pass the Kouchie" (basically the same meaning as HTK's version). Musical Youth's version was changed to Dutchie since someone figured a bunch of little kids shouldn't be singing about the joys of ganja
You know too much about this band

Ok new twist to this buy out thing.
Could a team ( Kings) trade for a player and buy him out so some other team could in effect get two buy outs. Kings could get picks added to player. The Kings would be paying cash for prospects and picks.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:10 PM
  #16
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
You know too much about this band

Ok new twist to this buy out thing.
Could a team ( Kings) trade for a player and buy him out so some other team could in effect get two buy outs. Kings could get picks added to player. The Kings would be paying cash for prospects and picks.
Since there's no agreement in place, it's impossible to know.

That said, assuming that there is one buy out per team, if there was a team desperate to get rid of two contracts, I could see your scenario taking place. Similar to the Jeremy Roenick trade we did following the last lock out, where we got a 3rd for taking Roenick.

Granted, in your scenario we would have just bought out roenick, sparing the fans a season of eye gouging, so I like what you're suggesting

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.