HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2013 Line Combos

Old
01-02-2013, 05:55 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Well originally I was joking by mentioning Campoli, but really...he would be a servicable 6/7 imo.

He could provide insurance if Weir isnt ready for the bigs, he could play pk2, pp2, and hes probably better than Lundin (though I dont know much about Mike) or he could at least rotate in and out with Lundin. Hell, I know he supposebly played bad for Montreal, but I always thought he was a scapegoat when he was here and played better than people remember.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:31 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Methot-Karlsson
Gonchar-Lundin
Phillips-Wiercioch

Can be a very serviceable defenisve corps AS LONG AS Gonchar and Phillips don't play as horrific as they did to start the year last year. If it doesn't though, my God it looks atrocious and we have to pray Anderson bails us out almost every game. Offense looks set, imo.

Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson

is a deep top 6.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:33 PM
source

vCash: 500
1. Trade Alfie to the Wings.
2. Draft Jonathan Drouin.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
1. Trade Alfie to the Wings.
2. Draft Jonathan Drouin.
you come up with the best ideas.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Sens Rule

With Cowen out of the lineup and an AHLer in Wiercoch or Benoit likely to replace his spot... I think Karlsson will see a lot of PK time. I predict a lot more shorthanded chances created for the Sens and a lot more SH goals. Plus an end to the criticism of Karlsson for not playing PK minutes.

Karlsson is so young and is having a monster month in Finland just in time for the NHL season to start soon I hope. I could see a 29 or 30 minute a game Karlsson that plays a big role on the PK as well as the PP. Honestly does anyone every remember Karlsson seeming tired on the ice? He is a mule... he goes and goes even if he is thin and young. I would have no problem with Karlsson playing the full 2 minutes of most PPs and playing a huge role on the PK. How else will Karlsson get better on the PK then playing large minutes on the #1 unit? I think he will learn. To be elite on the PK. What has he not got incredibly better at month over month, year over year? He might not have mastered containing big bodies down low... but he is among the best in the NHL with his stick picking pucks away from guys on the boards or anywhere and also breaking up passes. With our likely 2nd or 3rd best defenceman sidelined for the potential short season (fingers crossed) what better time to just let Karlsson play half the game? What better chance do we have to win and what better way to really let him dominate? I am sure he would LOVE playing 29, 30, 31 minutes a game. All the most important minutes.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:01 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
you come up with the best ideas.
We gotta free up the cap space to get Selanne somehow, right?

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:16 PM
John Holmes
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
Kuba provided a stable, reliable, veteran presence which acted as a safety-net for Karlsson's flashy game.

You gotta really bend logic to propose that a rookie offensive defenseman would be good in that role....
How do people believe this kind of crap?

Kuba, stable and reliable do not belong in the same sentence.

Safety net?

He rode EK's coattails all the way to the nice new contract he has. He will be exposed as the charlatan he is soon enough, and those of you with either extremely poor eyesight, or extremely short memories (or both) will hopefully enjoy a nice cup of S.T.F.U.

John Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:47 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post

Safety net?

He rode EK's coattails all the way to the nice new contract he has. He will be exposed as the charlatan he is soon enough, and those of you with either extremely poor eyesight, or extremely short memories (or both) will hopefully enjoy a nice cup of S.T.F.U.
you must only remember injured/just off injury kuba, because last season, he played well in his own end. if kuba was so bad out there all last season, karlsson would have had to be doing all the offense and the defense, which obviously he didn't do. while kuba wasn't great in the offensive zone like he has been in the past last season, saying he as not stable and reliable in his own end is just hating. other than that, i can put those words in a sentence.

due to john holmes' dog house being broken, kuba had to stay in the reliable stable for the night.

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Tundraman
Survivalist

Silf will probably be the only extra forward starting game 1 whose not on a 1 way deal and on D I agree that it could be Benoit or Wiercioch.

That said whatever lineup we come up with we need to include a couple of changes to cover the unavoidable training camp groin injuries.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
Silf will probably be the only extra forward starting game 1 whose not on a 1 way deal and on D I agree that it could be Benoit or Wiercioch.

That said whatever lineup we come up with we need to include a couple of changes to cover the unavoidable training camp groin injuries.
We got rid of Butler

Old
01-03-2013, 01:57 AM
Novak Djokovic
HOSSA! HOSSA! HOSSA!

Oh, man. Our defense is brutal.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I wouldn't mind the Sens being really bad this year. It's a short season so it won't hurt as much, and this draft is amazing.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 05:14 AM
EpicNeilTime

To be honest I wouldn't even mind trading Alfie. I would rather see him win a cup in his lifetime then not. He deserves it. Realistically we won't be very good this year, and we might get a good return. I could see a top 5 pick within our reach.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Indy on the Road
Still near and dear

To be honest, you are all out to lunch.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:29 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
To be honest, you are all out to lunch.
This. Alfredsson will be back next year alongside Edler and another huge trade for a piece on O. We will win the cup.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:18 AM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:

Safety net?

Kuba was absolutely terrific in 2011-12. Like scary good. Like I was questioning whether or not it was actually him out there.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:21 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Kuba was absolutely terrific in 2011-12. Like scary good. Like I was questioning whether or not it was actually him out there.
You know, I understand the point you're trying to make (Kuba had a very fine season), and mostly agree, but using hyperbolic statements like this doesn't help your argument.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:41 AM
OgieO

Now that Silfverberg looks like he's ready to be a good top 6 winger, I wouldn't mind trying something radical like this up front:

Silfverberg-Spezza-Hoffman
Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Michalek
Condra-Smith-Neil
O'Brien

Huge IF, but IF that top line meshes we'd have a great group of forwards and lots of scoring depth. It depends on Spezza's ability to carry younger players (did it well with Greening and Butler in 2011) and Silf's ability to play in the NHL from the get-go.

I'd try it in preseason and see if there's any chemestry there.

OgieO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:43 AM
topshelfie

Karlsson wasn't that great last year, Kuba made him the defenceman he is today.

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:52 AM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
You know, I understand the point you're trying to make (Kuba had a very fine season), and mostly agree, but using hyperbolic statements like this doesn't help your argument.
?

why does it matter?

Old
01-03-2013, 09:20 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
?

why does it matter?
Because if you exaggerate every post, you lose credibility. No one takes the guy who exaggerates everything seriously. And, for one who overuses exaggeration and hyperbole, they tend to invoke a "boy who cried wolf" reaction in their audience. The more you exaggerate, as it becomes known, the more people will either disbelieve your statement or even outright oppose it, when it might not normally warrant such a reaction.

I'm just lookin' out for you.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:41 AM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Because if you exaggerate every post, you lose credibility. No one takes the guy who exaggerates everything seriously. And, for one who overuses exaggeration and hyperbole, they tend to invoke a "boy who cried wolf" reaction in their audience. The more you exaggerate, as it becomes known, the more people will either disbelieve your statement or even outright oppose it, when it might not normally warrant such a reaction.

I'm just lookin' out for you.
lol ok.

But I didn't mean he was scary on the ice, I meant he scared me. Yes I scare easily I am a coward

Old
01-03-2013, 09:47 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
lol ok.

But I didn't mean he was scary on the ice, I meant he scared me. Yes I scare easily I am a coward
He's right, you know.

It's like you're trying your best to convince us that what you're saying is the absolute truth, but we all watched the guy, we know. You just sound like the guy who caught a fish that was this_______________________________________ big.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
He's right, you know.

It's like you're trying your best to convince us that what you're saying is the absolute truth, but we all watched the guy, we know. You just sound like the guy who caught a fish that was this_______________________________________ big.
This post is more impressive if I look at it through my tv than my netbook.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Proust

Quote:

Safety net?

Did you hit the snooze button and sleep through the entire 2011/2012 season? That's the only way your post can be explained.

You appear to be suggesting that any defenseman in the NHL could be paired with Karlsson, and both players will achieve great things. Karlsson obviously helped Kuba a ton, but their relationship was symbiotic. Outside of an atrocious 2010/2011, where he was injured and appeared out-of-shape, Kuba was a good defenseman for the team.

Regardless, we are in trouble with that defense. Imagine Karlsson got injured for a few games? LOL

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Prajna

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
Now that Silfverberg looks like he's ready to be a good top 6 winger, I wouldn't mind trying something radical like this up front:

Silfverberg-Spezza-Hoffman
Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Michalek
Condra-Smith-Neil
O'Brien

Huge IF, but IF that top line meshes we'd have a great group of forwards and lots of scoring depth. It depends on Spezza's ability to carry younger players (did it well with Greening and Butler in 2011) and Silf's ability to play in the NHL from the get-go.

I'd try it in preseason and see if there's any chemestry there.

One of those players does not belong in that lineup! Can anyone tell who it is?
I am getting tired of seeing people put Hoffman on this team. IMO he is not an NHL player, def not top 6! Average AHL player, and a shrimp. Maybe 4th liner, but I would prefer someone with size...Grant or DZ.

Sorry for sticking my nose in as I usually just read and stay quiet....but this burns me!

Prajna is offline   Reply With Quote