HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2013, 05:56 PM
  #276
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 1709
Check out the Lowry highlights from last night!

http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/1357147130

Scores a beauty on a takeaway, crushes a guy in the corner on a different play, and dishes a very sweet set-up on another goal.

Beastly.

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 06:02 PM
  #277
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,719
vCash: 2252
What a beauty Lowry is.

Edit: In the highlights, Lowry got a breakaway simply because I think the player thought Lowry was going to crush him. Made a move, screwed up and let Lowry go in alone.

He also loves going five-hole on breakaways and penalty shouts.


Last edited by Sweech: 01-02-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Sweech is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 07:18 PM
  #278
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Check out the Lowry highlights from last night!

http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/1357147130

Scores a beauty on a takeaway, crushes a guy in the corner on a different play, and dishes a very sweet set-up on another goal.

Beastly.
He seems to be getting better and better as the season goes on. If he keeps it up he may be pressing for NHL ice sooner rather than later.

In the meantime IceCaps fans are gonna love this kid. He and Telegin could make for some excitement.

truck is online now  
Old
01-02-2013, 07:48 PM
  #279
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,905
vCash: 500
What do guys think of a Telegin/Scheifele/Burmi - 3rd line next year? A young kid line of sorts, with Telegin and Scheifele rekindling their Colts days, and Burmi playing with two offensive guys with size, skill and pretty good speed.

A bit concerned that Poni and Antro are FA's at the end of the year, which means no guarantee they will be back, same with Burmi for that matter (RFA). May need a sheltered 3rd line of young players.

Bob E is online now  
Old
01-02-2013, 08:27 PM
  #280
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,719
vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
What do guys think of a Telegin/Scheifele/Burmi - 3rd line next year? A young kid line of sorts, with Telegin and Scheifele rekindling their Colts days, and Burmi playing with two offensive guys with size, skill and pretty good speed.

A bit concerned that Poni and Antro are FA's at the end of the year, which means no guarantee they will be back, same with Burmi for that matter (RFA). May need a sheltered 3rd line of young players.
I think Telegin needs another year in the minors to work on his overall game.

Tools are there, he just needs some time to refine things.

Sweech is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 09:06 PM
  #281
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
What do guys think of a Telegin/Scheifele/Burmi - 3rd line next year? A young kid line of sorts, with Telegin and Scheifele rekindling their Colts days, and Burmi playing with two offensive guys with size, skill and pretty good speed.

A bit concerned that Poni and Antro are FA's at the end of the year, which means no guarantee they will be back, same with Burmi for that matter (RFA). May need a sheltered 3rd line of young players.
Hopefully Scheifele or Burmi will be a capable 2nd line player by then. Burmi was close last year.

truck is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 06:28 PM
  #282
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Hopefully Scheifele or Burmi will be a capable 2nd line player by then. Burmi was close last year.
I was thinking...

Kane/Jokinen/Wellwood (or another FA)
Ladd/Little/Wheeler
Telegin/Scheifele/Burmi
Cormier/Slater/Mach (Thorbs)

A phase in year for Scheif and Telegin. Though, i agree Sweech, Telegin seems to need a bit more seasoning. That's where re-signing Antro or Poni might come in handy.

Scheif could maybe move into the #2C spot, sliding Little over to wing, but he may need a bit more time - i suggest, learning at the NHL level - before moving into a top 6 role.

Bob E is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 08:18 PM
  #283
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,775
vCash: 1709
Adam Lowry named WHL Player of the Month...
http://whl.ca/article/lowry-named-hu...r-of-the-month

The kid is a beast.


Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:35 PM
  #284
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Adam Lowry named WHL Player of the Month...
http://whl.ca/article/lowry-named-hu...r-of-the-month

The kid is a beast.

Nice!

truck is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:08 PM
  #285
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Adam Lowry named WHL Player of the Month...
http://whl.ca/article/lowry-named-hu...r-of-the-month

The kid is a beast.

Heard that on the radio today!!! I know the stats on 3rd rounders making it but some do.....Patrick Sharp was drafted in the 3rd round by Philly and he seems to be doing ok.

ps241 is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 11:16 PM
  #286
allan5oh
#moneypushups
 
allan5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 50
Does anyone else think Scheifele should stay in juniors this year? He still has problems with faceoffs, and will take much less of them if he moves up to the NHL, and he needs to shake that bad habit of not paying attention after the play is over.

allan5oh is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 12:30 AM
  #287
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Does anyone else think Scheifele should stay in juniors this year? He still has problems with faceoffs, and will take much less of them if he moves up to the NHL, and he needs to shake that bad habit of not paying attention after the play is over.
I think training camp and what he does with his opportunities should be the be all and end all of where he "should" be. Hell if Lucas Sutter got to go to camp and was the 13th best forward over that stretch then he should start the season with the team, simple as that.

What he does in camp will determine where he should be, in my opinion No matter what.

Grind is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 12:39 AM
  #288
Gm0ney
Registered User
 
Gm0ney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
I think training camp and what he does with his opportunities should be the be all and end all of where he "should" be. Hell if Lucas Sutter got to go to camp and was the 13th best forward over that stretch then he should start the season with the team, simple as that.

What he does in camp will determine where he should be, in my opinion No matter what.
Can he be sent back after 10 games like last year? Because if Scheifele's the 13th forward, he's not going to be seeing a lot of ice. I don't even really agree with keeping him up to play a bottom 6 role at all. Not saying he's top-6-or-bust, but the team should be grooming him for top-6...not saddling him with 5 minutes of ice a night with Thorburn and Machacek on his wing.

Gm0ney is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 01:48 AM
  #289
scelaton
Registered User
 
scelaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Can he be sent back after 10 games like last year? Because if Scheifele's the 13th forward, he's not going to be seeing a lot of ice. I don't even really agree with keeping him up to play a bottom 6 role at all. Not saying he's top-6-or-bust, but the team should be grooming him for top-6...not saddling him with 5 minutes of ice a night with Thorburn and Machacek on his wing.
I tend to agree and am not convinced playing up in this shortened season will be in his or the Jets best interests. Seeing him in the WJC has not altered my opinion that Scheif, despite his considerable talent, still needs more work on his balance and strength. He wasn't just diving at the WJC, he was getting knocked around.
If there is a season, training camp will be abbreviated and Scheif will have a huge training advantage that will persist even through a <10 game tryout...so that won't tell a true tale.
I am still partial to him finishing in Barrie, where he'll be playing in all facets of the game, and hopefully challenge for a championship.

scelaton is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 01:54 AM
  #290
allan5oh
#moneypushups
 
allan5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
hopefully challenge for a championship.
London Knights say hi.

allan5oh is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 10:23 AM
  #291
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
Can he be sent back after 10 games like last year? Because if Scheifele's the 13th forward, he's not going to be seeing a lot of ice. I don't even really agree with keeping him up to play a bottom 6 role at all. Not saying he's top-6-or-bust, but the team should be grooming him for top-6...not saddling him with 5 minutes of ice a night with Thorburn and Machacek on his wing.
perhaps i was a little too vehement with that. I believe if Schief shows he can play top 9(not 13, i was jumping the gun to make a point with sutter) in camp (regardless of how short it is), he will and should be kept up. Especially given how noel uses his minutes, if Schief can earn himself a spot on the sheltered ozone line then he most definitely should be up.

mostly my point was i really do not want to see undue weight being put on what he's done/shown this season if he comes in and has a good camp, and is our 8th best forward (or better). If you earn your spot in camp, you earn your spot, regardless of your track record prior.

though i can see the concern with the shortened camp/etc i think he should be fine. Another thing tokeep in mind, is that i think schiefele's balance issues (though issues- do not get me wrong) are amplified by being one of "the" guys on the team (thus far more heavily targeted). If he's playing on the second -third line with better players then himself, he's not going to get the focus he has and i don't think his balance will be as much of a hindrance as it may seem.

mostly though, i just meant that training camp should be what determines whether he starts up or down, not his performance this season. His performance this year will determine whether they invite him to camp (he's on the list, doesn't mean he must go, just that he can) what he does in camp will determine if he gets his 10 games, and that of course will determine if he stays up. i should have just said that at the top of the post...

Grind is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 08:47 PM
  #292
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
The boys on the Rona round table had a really good interview with Adam Lowry today. They were congratulating him on his WHL player of the month and the kid impressive in the interview. When discussing his personal goals he said "he wanted to keep working on his two way game, improving his skating continues to be a daily focus, and he wanted to be better than a PPG player this season. he also said due to an injury he and his other line mate got a new young draft eligible player on their line who has very good skills and since then they have really been on a streak. I guess Adam moved to centre when this shuffle was made and he said that there line now is more aggressive 5 v 5 and they are really playing confident. Adam said his strength is still down low on the cycle, being physical, banging, and creating chances. When the interviewer starting asking questions about Edmonton, Calgary, and PA (the three top teams in the east) he had a pretty good breakdown of their strengths.

I didn't do the interview justice but I was struck by how well spoken and articulate Lowry was. he seems really mature and smart.

ps241 is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 08:52 PM
  #293
Jet
Moderator
Stand by your man
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,404
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
The boys on the Rona round table had a really good interview with Adam Lowry today. They were congratulating him on his WHL player of the month and the kid impressive in the interview. When discussing his personal goals he said "he wanted to keep working on his two way game, improving his skating continues to be a daily focus, and he wanted to be better than a PPG player this season. he also said due to an injury he and his other line mate got a new young draft eligible player on their line who has very good skills and since then they have really been on a streak. I guess Adam moved to centre when this shuffle was made and he said that there line now is more aggressive 5 v 5 and they are really playing confident. Adam said his strength is still down low on the cycle, being physical, banging, and creating chances. When the interviewer starting asking questions about Edmonton, Calgary, and PA (the three top teams in the east) he had a pretty good breakdown of their strengths.

I didn't do the interview justice but I was struck by how well spoken and articulate Lowry was. he seems really mature and smart.
Oooooooooooh!! PS241 and Low-ry, sittin in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g! First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes PS Jr. in a bay bee carriage!

Sorry, I must be drunk. Either that or the lockout has finally driven me insane.

I'll just infract myself and go to bed.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 09:04 PM
  #294
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Ok Jet I just about spat out my drink I was laughing so hard there.

ps241 is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 09:18 PM
  #295
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,579
vCash: 500
... oh Jet...
hahaha

garret9 is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 09:19 PM
  #296
Jet
Moderator
Stand by your man
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,404
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Ok Jet I just about spat out my drink I was laughing so hard there.
I do apologize I was kinda laughing because your last line sounded like you were a teenage girl in high school with a crush

OMG Adam is so smart and well spoken and mature and cute! He also has his licence and his parents let him borrow the car and he has a job mowing lawns!!

Jet is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 09:21 PM
  #297
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I do apologize I was kinda laughing because your last line sounded like you were a teenage girl in high school with a crush

OMG Adam is so smart and well spoken and mature and cute! He also has his licence and his parents let him borrow the car and he has a job mowing lawns!!
He's taking me for a ride in that car and taking me to... (sorry I left the peg before I was old enough to have a licence... insert Winnipeg's token make out spot)

garret9 is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 09:58 PM
  #298
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I do apologize I was kinda laughing because your last line sounded like you were a teenage girl in high school with a crush

OMG Adam is so smart and well spoken and mature and cute! He also has his licence and his parents let him borrow the car and he has a job mowing lawns!!
Actually Jet it sounds like I am trying to line him up with my teenage daughter

ps241 is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 10:34 PM
  #299
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,270
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
He's taking me for a ride in that car and taking me to... (sorry I left the peg before I was old enough to have a licence... insert Winnipeg's token make out spot)
The Forks works as well as anything, really. I don't think Winnipeg has any sort of Lookout Point, unless you're on the lookout for thugs in the North End.

DespoticNewt is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 10:56 PM
  #300
buggs
get off my lawn
 
buggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: flatlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,130
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
The Forks works as well as anything, really. I don't think Winnipeg has any sort of Lookout Point, unless you're on the lookout for thugs in the North End.
Floodway for those of us in the south end. Submarine races. Please don't ask me to explain.

buggs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.