HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Kingston was our farm team location...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2013, 06:40 PM
  #1
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,443
vCash: 265
If Kingston was our farm team location...

If Kingston was the location for our farm team, I would keep the name "Frontenacs" the same. I did up these jerseys. I am not graphic designer like Jerkstore, I just use MS paint.

What are your thoughts?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:49 PM
  #2
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"
 
SensPromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 50
lol, I would have supported this while I still went to Queen's. Now I'm conflicted

SensPromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:56 PM
  #3
Greeningfan14
Registered User
 
Greeningfan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
I would def support it. Also nice jerseys

Greeningfan14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:10 PM
  #4
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,199
vCash: 500
My original question was going to be whether or not Kingston residents would be able to stomach AHL ticket prices...

... then I saw that game-day Fronts tickets cost $22.

Is that normal OHL ticket prices, or am I crazy in thinking that's high?

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:14 PM
  #5
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,443
vCash: 265
The tickets are $14 for students. they add stupid fee's, convenience fee whether you pick up the tickets at the box office or order them online. What other way is there?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 08:18 PM
  #6
lafite
 
lafite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,210
vCash: 500
Kingston would be a perfect location for the Sens farm team. Rivalry with Toronto and Hamilton, close to home, perfect. It would be cool though, if Pittsburgh had a team there, because they would be the Kingston Pens.

lafite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
  #7
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,724
vCash: 2391
Compared to Kingston, Bingo's only an extra 2 hours drive to Toronto, or an extra 3 hours to Ottawa.

I'm perfectly fine keeping our farm team in Bingo.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 08:56 PM
  #8
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev
 
SixthSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,145
vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
My original question was going to be whether or not Kingston residents would be able to stomach AHL ticket prices...

... then I saw that game-day Fronts tickets cost $22.

Is that normal OHL ticket prices, or am I crazy in thinking that's high?
I think it's too high personally. A local radio station occasionally gives away 98 pairs of free tickets just by visiting them at some random location so maybe next time they do that I'll pick some up. I wouldn't pay $22 for Fronts tickets though.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 08:58 PM
  #9
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,443
vCash: 265
There are always deals. If you bought $40 worth of stuff down town and brought the receipt you got two free tickets.
That included the gas station across the street.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
  #10
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
From an OHL perspective, that's slightly higher than Sudbury Wolves tickets.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:10 PM
  #11
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,199
vCash: 500
I mean, B-Sens games are $19, but Frontenacs tickets are $3 more?

How does that make sense?? It costs considerably more to run an AHL franchise than it does an OHL one.

I must be missing something.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:12 PM
  #12
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I mean, B-Sens games are $19, but Frontenacs tickets are $3 more?

How does that make sense?? It costs considerably more to run an AHL franchise than it does an OHL one.

I must be missing something.
Thoughts that a Canadian market garners a higher demand for hockey?

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:13 PM
  #13
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,443
vCash: 265
Brand new arena maybe?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:14 PM
  #14
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Brand new arena maybe?
Possible. They just did get a new one in the past 5 years...

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:27 PM
  #15
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I mean, B-Sens games are $19, but Frontenacs tickets are $3 more?

How does that make sense?? It costs considerably more to run an AHL franchise than it does an OHL one.

I must be missing something.
Because we have 40 years of AHL hockey here and play in a profitable Arena..to keep costs for fans equals affordable rates which meets affordable expenses..

Good luck on your future endeavors OP, let the City of Binghamton and it's fan base bashing begin

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:36 PM
  #16
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Good luck on your future endeavors OP, let the City of Binghamton and it's fan base bashing begin
I think you're taking this thread a little too personally/seriously.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
  #17
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I think you're taking this thread a little too personally/seriously.
Ya, been a real long day and I'm just ripe for a debate, off the net I go..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
  #18
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,443
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I think you're taking this thread a little too personally/seriously.
This.

It will never happen. Just a discussion.

Besides even if the Sens left Binghamton, you would have a new AHL affiliate in no time.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:09 PM
  #19
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"
 
SensPromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 50
Just to clarify, my conflict comes from not wanting to lose guys like Ski and Main from our Hf team

SensPromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:13 PM
  #20
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW
 
Neil Patrick Harris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,355
vCash: 500
I disagree solely for the fact I don't want our minor league team having better jerseys than us.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:23 PM
  #21
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
Get well soon, GMBM.
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 611
Screw jerseys. I don't want them to move because Binghamton has been fantastic for us. Organizational stability is important. No vanity projects.

__________________
hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:29 PM
  #22
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensPromo View Post
Just to clarify, my conflict comes from not wanting to lose guys like Ski and Main from our Hf team
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Screw jerseys. I don't want them to move because Binghamton has been fantastic for us. Organizational stability is important. No vanity projects.
Great views, means alot..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 12:10 AM
  #23
the chef
Just you know why...
 
the chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Binghamton is a lot better than some of the previous destinations for the baby sens such as PEI (played before the Confederation Bridge was completed).

the chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 12:55 AM
  #24
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,356
vCash: 50
Bingo has been great I still remember how much fun I had going to a game.

Keep it there, it works.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:36 AM
  #25
OgieO
Registered User
 
OgieO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,114
vCash: 500
I like Bingo - great location and I think we're developing a nice relationship there. But if Main keeps ruining the shootout results, I may have a different opinion.

Can we trade Main to Wilkes Barre Scranton for roll of stick tape or something?

Kidding.

Totally not kidding


OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.