HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

What's the worst Chara has gotten in a fight?

Old
01-02-2013, 06:09 PM
stevecanuck16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gifted88 View Post
Chara's balance is terrible, he falls over before anything significant can be done. Wish he would have fought someone like Stu Grimson. That'd be a hell of a fight.
So when he's playing defense against the best forwards in the league, Chara has excellent balance and rarely falls...

...and when the gloves hit the ice, mysteriously he loses all sense of balance? Sorry, don't buy it.

stevecanuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darglor View Post
Fight was mostly a tie, but he was lucky Neil didn't keep going here... I like how it looks like he's begging for mercy.

The worst part about that is Chara is the first guy to hit someone when they are down or in a vulnerable position.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:58 PM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darglor View Post
Fight was mostly a tie, but he was lucky Neil didn't keep going here... I like how it looks like he's begging for mercy.

Thats the 1st Neil-Lucic fight cause there's not a pale of blood on the ice and his cheekbone is sliced to the bone,Neil lost this one too

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Cool Beans Man

Might as well post this.

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 12:26 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
You can tell Chara doesn't really like fighting either, the only reason people consider him a fighter is because he's big.
You have to get Chara really pissed for him to really want to fight, and that's about the only time you'll see an "angry Chara smash" scene. Otherwise I tend to believe it's more for show, and since he isn't going bananas on the opponent his poor balance takes over.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:26 PM
blamebettman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans Man View Post

Might as well post this.
this is the issue I have with him. This is fighting...not your stupid retarding high school mat grappling. Don't just grab a guy when he's not prepared and spin him around.

Man up, drop your gloves...let your opponent drop his...and PUNCH.

blamebettman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:05 PM
CDJ*

Haters gonna hate, Chara gonna dominate

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Big Phil

Well if we can find footage of Probert losing the odd fight we can find footage of Chara doing so as well. He loses to Peter Worrell. Big deal. Worrell was 6'6". Or if he is not fully beating Laraque or Brashear then I don't consider that bad either. If you are going to have a draw with someone it'd better be guys like this. The tipping point for me that made me think of Chara as a dominant fighter was the McCabe rag doll incident. That's just pure strength and throwing your opponent around like a toy. Hal Gill is 6'7" and I can't tell you the amount of times he was on the Leafs or any other team that he'd drop the gloves and get pummelled by a guy 8 inches shorter than him. It was utterly embarassing to watch.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:31 PM
bud12

^^^

Any heavy would have ragdolled McCabe like Chara did. Chara is strong but thats about it. He can't fight.

bud12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Big Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
^^^

Any heavy would have ragdolled McCabe like Chara did. Chara is strong but thats about it. He can't fight.
I'm not sure about that. McCabe didn't exactly fall off the hair salon wagon. He was tough in his own right, and at about 6'1" or 6'2" wasn't tiny by any means either. Anyway that was sort of my "wow" moment with Chara. You watch the clip and it wasn't as if McCabe cut him under the chin or anything, it was just that Chara was irritated and annoyed with him and had enough. Sort of scared you that he could tick like that.

I liken a guy like Chara to Lennox Lewis. Lewis was 6'5" and had a long reach. He was bigger than most anyone he fought and that was part and parcel to how he won fights. Being strong and having a great reach is part of what I consider a great fighter in the NHL.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Yes imagine Mike Tyson being 6'5''.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:22 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
I'm not sure about that. McCabe didn't exactly fall off the hair salon wagon. He was tough in his own right, and at about 6'1" or 6'2" wasn't tiny by any means either. Anyway that was sort of my "wow" moment with Chara. You watch the clip and it wasn't as if McCabe cut him under the chin or anything, it was just that Chara was irritated and annoyed with him and had enough. Sort of scared you that he could tick like that.

I liken a guy like Chara to Lennox Lewis. Lewis was 6'5" and had a long reach. He was bigger than most anyone he fought and that was part and parcel to how he won fights. Being strong and having a great reach is part of what I consider a great fighter in the NHL.

yes, thats part of it but its the only things Chara have. The guy is big but seriously, he can't fight to save is life. If you think Chara is a good fighter, you are either a Chara fan or a bruin homer.....

Old
01-06-2013, 12:25 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
yes, thats part of it but its the only things Chara have. The guy is big but seriously, he can't fight to save is life. If you think Chara is a good fighter, you are either a Chara fan or a bruin homer.....
He just swings his arm during fights and hopes that the punch lands.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Rysto

Chara broke his hand against somebody's face in 2006*. Does that count?

* Ok, that was never actually confirmed, but he was useless with the puck after that fight.

Rysto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:07 PM
evilstanley

artyukin got him i think?

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Big Phil

Quote:
Well I'm neither, really. Not a Bruin fan and I enjoy Chara as much as the next fan. As a Leaf fan, let me tell you a monstrous guy who couldn't fight to save his life - Hal Gill.

It was embarassing to see him drop the gloves even with players who were a fraction of is size. Look at Chara just tattoo the guy endlessly. Say what you want about Gill who was 6'7", but THAT is a bad fighter. Chara isn't. If you want to say there are better "pound for pound" fighters then that's a different story. Gill is an example that you can be big and still be a "deer in the headlights" in a fight.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Homegrown Kings
that other 70s line

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
Just like every player on the canucks??
You realize you're talking to an Oilers fan right? Not sure where the Canucks come into play here...

He's not really wrong with what he said. When Chara faces a heavyweight he often does take them down to the ice. I don't see why there's anything wrong with that statement, it makes more sense for Chara to tackle a guy and end the fight than risk getting hurt or losing a fight.

Emphasis on the "often" part, because there are definitely exceptions when he's fighting somebody else who has size on him (see Chara vs Koci). He's definitely not a bad fighter like some of you guys are saying. He might not have the best technique, but I can't imagine it's easy to stay balanced during a hockey fight when you're close to 7' tall.

I would have loved to see him fight Boogaard (RIP), or maybe somebody like Smacintyre. Even John Scott would do. Chara is one of the best D in the league though. Doesn't make sense to take himself off the ice for 5 minutes just to scrap a plug like Scott.

Homegrown Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Leetch66

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u4FA1Xm-ks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZrdJpW3fbI

Last edited by Homeland Security: 01-06-2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Embed YT
Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM
bud12

to Big Phil

your video only show that Gill suck more at fighting then Chara ( Ripper dominated Gill last year and is only 5'11). but in reality, the 2 suck at it.when the guy will stop the takedown and the wresling stuff, maybe I will consider him a average heavyweight. But right now, he look more like a big guy that don't know what to do with the gloves off.

Last edited by bud12: 01-06-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old
01-07-2013, 08:23 PM
MonsterSurge

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:51 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Of Every Anton View Post
Chara is one of the best D in the league though. Doesn't make sense to take himself off the ice for 5 minutes just to scrap a plug like Scott.
I think it's more being afraid of an injury.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
I think it's more being afraid of an injury.
Either way, if Chara was on my team I wouldn't want him fighting, period.
Dude's way to valuable to not have on the ice for as long as possible.

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:07 AM
bud12

^^^^

seriously, this is a b.s argument. The guy don't play 60 min a game.What's the difference between him in the penality box or him on is bench? If I have a 7 foot tall men on my team, I want to see him crush the opponent and put fear in their mind and kick the ass of anyone that put a cheap shot on my players.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
whats is a "dwag?"
Swag, but spelt wrong...

I mean, look at how close S and D are!

But honestly, with Chara's background, I'm not surprised he "falls" all the time if I'm honest!

Might as well throw people around (ala McCabe) or to the floor...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:54 PM
TheStranger

Dan Hinote...

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote