HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Luongo Talk

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Pepper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
So GMs could not predict that the cap would shrink at July 1st? These professionals that are paid to project/prognosticate could not even guess that the cap may somehow shrink in CBA talks, and that Kuba shouldn't get paid a 4m contract as result? Or, perhaps Tallon isn't a complete fool and he took into account both a cap increase/decrease when offering said contract to Kuba? I'm going with the latter, you can choose to believe the former. I guess I give GMs the benefit of the doubt.
Well, look at the teams right now, some of them are in real cap hell next season. Why did so many GMs fail to see that happening?

Maybe most of them were counting on rollbacks, who knows.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Well, look at the teams right now, some of them are in real cap hell next season. Why did so many GMs fail to see that happening?

Maybe most of them were counting on rollbacks, who knows.

It's when the NBA moved to 50/50, that's when the GMs went on notice. Bettman is tied to the NBA from his prior employment under Stern and through his connection to Proskauer Rose. People were predicting a similar push by the NHL this year... lo and behold, this is what happened. Moving from 57% toward 50% creates that drop in the cap.

That was before FLA signed Kuba to that contract. And there are multiple middle-pair Dmen signed to that 4m+ dollar price point. It's not just Kuba or Ballard. So singling out Ballard alone as undeserving, pre or post new CBA cap, is not balanced. Even when Ballard got that deal under a 56.7m cap...

Old
01-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Pepper

Quote:
It's when the NBA moved to 50/50, that's when the GMs went on notice. Bettman is tied to the NBA from his prior employment under Stern and through his connection to Proskauer Rose. People were predicting a similar push by the NHL this year... lo and behold, this is what happened. Moving from 57% toward 50% creates that drop in the cap.
That makes zero sense. Everybody knew that the PA would be getting much less than the current 57%, everyone knew that the cap would be clearly lower.

Why did those GMs build teams with cap-structures from hell?

Oh and a lot has happened since july 1 when Kuba was signed. I doubt he would get the same contract today. Just IMHO.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
- Is a 6th dman = Based on what metric? Ability, minutes, or contribution? It's not the latter two, so someone is going to have to make a case that he has lost his ability to be the #1 he was on PHX and FLA. I'm all ears/eyes.
Just to comment on the piece I highlighted, Ballard was NEVER a #1 d-man in Florida. When he was traded for, Bouwmeester was still with the team so he was a #2 his first season here. Along with JayBo being there, McCabe was playing very solid as a veteran and would probably have just as much right to claim the #2 spot that yr as Ballard (though Ballard was mostly paired with Bouw). The 2nd yr Ballard was with FL, McCabe was captain and the clear #1 d-man and Ballard was absolutely atrocious. Seidenberg & Leopold were playing better than Ballard that yr and probably were ahead of him so that made Ballard the #4 (until the trade deadline when both those guys got traded). I mean, come on, there was one of the funniest gif images out there of Ballard decapitating his own goalie (Vokoun). I'm not sure what happened exactly that cause such a drop in his play but he was never a #1 for the Panthers but initially seemed like a solid #2. Maybe Bouwmeester made him look better than he was but hard to say. Suffice it to say, most Panther fans were glad to see Ballard go since he was not playing up to his contract after what seemed like a solid 1st season in FL to earn that contract. If you consider Ballard a #4, he's paid ok but I think there are better players for the same money out there.
Quote:
So GMs could not predict that the cap would shrink at July 1st? These professionals that are paid to project/prognosticate could not even guess that the cap may somehow shrink in CBA talks, and that Kuba shouldn't get paid a 4m contract as result? Or, perhaps Tallon isn't a complete fool and he took into account both a cap increase/decrease when offering said contract to Kuba? I'm going with the latter, you can choose to believe the former. I guess I give GMs the benefit of the doubt.
Tallon signed Kuba because he needed someone to replace some of the mins that Garrison logged when he left for Vancouver. So they paid a small premium to do that while giving their younger prospects time to continue to develop. Also I think Tallon realized that with a lockout coming, he wouldnt actually be paying the entire amount of that 1st yr. If you figure that the Panthers are probably only going to pay around $6M of the $8M that he signed for, that makes him a good deal at about $3M per season on average.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
assuming there is a season and amnesty clause giving each team a free buyout where they have to still pay the player what a normal buyout would cost but there's no cap hit for the buy out I came up with this...

Toronto only has mike komisarek who is a buyout candidate who's contract doesn't end the upcoming offseason but they need him as they don't have a replacement ready. Seeing how they want to shed salary if they get Lou it makes no sense to send one of those contracts out when they already have the cap space right now to fit Lou on their team without moving anyone else off the roster

So I came to this 3 way idea where luongo goes home and Florida gets to shed salary while Toronto gets an upgrade

To Florida:
Roberto luongo
Carter Ashton

To Toronto:
Jose Theodore
Andrew Alberts
To Vancouver:
Scottie upshall/Ed jovanovski
Shawn matthias
Keaton ellerby
Florida 1st round pick

Theodore is not going to re-sign with luongo in Florida and looking at their prospect pool they seem bare at left wing so they get Ashton in return for him. They also can re-sign whichever player they send over to the canucks to a cheap 1M contract. They deal from their strengths prospect/center/defense and add to their weakness left wing

Leafs get a former all star and vezina caliber goalie on a dirt cheap contract who is still a very capable starter today. Add some depth to their defense as well with a capable #6-7.

Canucks add a young big defender and a young big center who could fill in on the 3rd line. Also add what should be a late 1st in a deep draft. They amnesty whichever contract is worse to Florida and that player re-signs in Florida for cheap adding value back for them
UMMM....Hell no. We are not taking Van's salary dump in a deal were we get the lesser player.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Fogelhund

If we are to base a deal on where the CBA is currently, $60 million Cap coming for 13/14, with one buyout, I can see Vancouver using the buyout for Ballard.

From there perhaps either Kadri or Bozak + Franson, which gives Vancouver a few low cost contracts and serviceable players.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
That makes zero sense. Everybody knew that the PA would be getting much less than the current 57%, everyone knew that the cap would be clearly lower.

Oh and a lot has happened since july 1 when Kuba was signed. I doubt he would get the same contract today. Just IMHO.

I still disagree with your opinion. Especially given the fact that Ballard got 4.2m under a 56.7m dollar cap. You are ignoring the cost of doing business in this league, even under a much tighter cap. Kuba is just another example.

Oh and no one _knew_ the NHL would succeed in clawing back the PA's share to 50%. We didn't find that until much later into the lockout. No one knew that from the outset. But what people did suspect was that the NHL would try to get 50/50 by following the model in the NBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Just to comment on the piece I highlighted, Ballard was NEVER a #1 d-man in Florida. When he was traded for, Bouwmeester was still with the team so he was a #2 his first season here. Along with JayBo being there, McCabe was playing very solid as a veteran and would probably have just as much right to claim the #2 spot that yr as Ballard (though Ballard was mostly paired with Bouw). The 2nd yr Ballard was with FL, McCabe was captain and the clear #1 d-man and Ballard was absolutely atrocious. Seidenberg & Leopold were playing better than Ballard that yr and probably were ahead of him so that made Ballard the #4 (until the trade deadline when both those guys got traded). I mean, come on, there was one of the funniest gif images out there of Ballard decapitating his own goalie (Vokoun). I'm not sure what happened exactly that cause such a drop in his play but he was never a #1 for the Panthers but initially seemed like a solid #2. Maybe Bouwmeester made him look better than he was but hard to say. Suffice it to say, most Panther fans were glad to see Ballard go since he was not playing up to his contract after what seemed like a solid 1st season in FL to earn that contract. If you consider Ballard a #4, he's paid ok but I think there are better players for the same money out there.

Sorry, that should read 1st pairing, not #1.

And yes, I consider Ballard a #4 Dman (#5 in VAN with who is playing behind), so to me his contract isn't out of line. Saying that, I can definitely see why people disagree considering where he is playing on the VAN depth chart.

Quote:
Tallon signed Kuba because he needed someone to replace some of the mins that Garrison logged when he left for Vancouver. So they paid a small premium to do that while giving their younger prospects time to continue to develop. Also I think Tallon realized that with a lockout coming, he wouldnt actually be paying the entire amount of that 1st yr. If you figure that the Panthers are probably only going to pay around $6M of the $8M that he signed for, that makes him a good deal at about $3M per season on average.

Tallon paid Kuba 4m on a multi-year contract because that's what the market demanded. He targeted a player, found out what it would take to get him, and took the plunge. That's really all that needs to be said.

It's just funny that the case of a signed mid-pairing dman for 4m is seen as an outlier, when there are many such cases: Hainsey got 4.5m. Meszaros is at 4.25m. Kuba got 4m. Regehr is at 4m. Gleason got 4m. Gilbert is at 4m. Kaberle is at 4.25m. Volchenkov, Zidlicky and Michalek are all at 4m+ etc... This is not an outlier for a 2nd pairing Dman.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
UMMM....Hell no. We are not taking Van's salary dump in a deal were we get the lesser player.
He was a throw in. Original it was just going to be Theodore but then I saw u guys had holzer as ur 7th with franson unsigned. Thought it would be bad for development as he would be in the press box. Alberts is a pretty good #7 but over paid. Well actually at a 70M cap and as a #7 he isn't. Plus his contract ends this season so the leafs have the cap space for him for the one season

Either way if be fine with just taking him out. I don't mind keeping him here as our #7 as we too have the cap space for him for this season

Old
01-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Ched Brosky

With talks of the nhlpa lowering their stance from 67M closer to the 60M the NHL wants it is likely the cap will be inbetween the 2 numbers at around 63-64M IMO which makes it even easier for the canucks to hold on to luongo if we can't get full value for him this season

Old
01-02-2013, 04:38 PM
blankall

Quote:
With talks of the nhlpa lowering their stance from 67M closer to the 60M the NHL wants it is likely the cap will be inbetween the 2 numbers at around 63-64M IMO which makes it even easier for the canucks to hold on to luongo if we can't get full value for him this season
In wht way? Your current cap hit is 67 milliion, and you need to give Edler a raise next off season.

Next year, you have 55.4 million locked up and only 7 forwards and 4 defencemen signed. That means you would have about 8 million to sign 5 forwards and 3 defencemen, and that's if Edler walks. If you re-sign Edler at 5 milion, that leaves 7 forwards and 3 defencemen with 3 million.

In other words, you need to move a goalie or be prepared to ice a lesser team. If the cap goes down to 63 million it won't be enough to move Luongo (which would free up only another 4.4 million at most). You'll also need to move Ballard or let Edler walk.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:47 PM
RandV
It's a wolf

vCash: 50
Quote:

I think one would have assumed a year ago that the logical way to pull back salaries would be to freeze the salary cap or at the very least only having minor reductions each year and allow the annual league growth to inflate the owners percentage to the required point before you unfreeze the cap and let it grow again.

Now what went wrong is that with the damage this lockout has caused no one's quite as confident in same continued league growth over the short term. So it remains to be seen if the NHL will actually want to or be able to go through with a $60M cap for the 2013-14 season, but I don't think you can really blame the GM's here.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:03 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
In wht way? Your current cap hit is 67 milliion, and you need to give Edler a raise next off season.

Next year, you have 55.4 million locked up and only 7 forwards and 4 defencemen signed. That means you would have about 8 million to sign 5 forwards and 3 defencemen, and that's if Edler walks. If you re-sign Edler at 5 milion, that leaves 7 forwards and 3 defencemen with 3 million.

In other words, you need to move a goalie or be prepared to ice a lesser team. If the cap goes down to 63 million it won't be enough to move Luongo (which would free up only another 4.4 million at most). You'll also need to move Ballard or let Edler walk.
Please stop using facts and math when responding to Silverback91.

Nothing will change his belief that there are a host of teams lined up to compete to pay a king's ransom for a benched, 33 year old goalie with a contract set to pay him $6.7 million per season through 2017-18 (when Lou turns 40), $3.3 million in 2018-19, and $1 million per season through 2021-22. Better yet, he believes that Gillis can hold onto Lou because Lou's cap figure for the next decade is but a modest $5.3 million per season. He sees no reason even to consider using an amensty buy-out for either Lou or Ballard (btw) when the new CBA takes effect.

Old
01-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post

Nothing will change his belief that there are a host of teams lined up to compete to pay a king's ransom for a benched, 33 year old goalie with a contract set to pay him $6.7 million per season through 2017-18 (when Lou turns 40), $3.3 million in 2018-19, and $1 million per season through 2021-22. Better yet, he believes that Gillis can hold onto Lou because Lou's cap figure for the next decade is but a modest $5.3 million per season. He sees no reason even to consider using an amensty buy-out for either Lou or Ballard (btw) when the new CBA takes effect.
Yes because I have not shown how the canucks can fit a 20 man roster under 60M with luongo I think I could easily make a 23 man roster with an extra 3 to 4M

I also said worst case scenario canucks amnesty Ballard if they can't even get a 7th. I would like to know why we can't get even a 7th for him when islanders fans have been fine with a 3rd or 4th for him. Why is it because u say we can't get even a 4th for Ballard makes it true when the market and other teams fans have shown otherwise?

Also please don't put words in my mouth. I do believe they won't have to use the amnesty on either player but I never said it for sure wont happen although I will say that for luongo now. However I have said worst case scenario they have to amnesty Ballard

There is no point in dealing with sufferingcatsfan because he cherry picks certain things a person says and uses it out of context. He also ignores proven facts. I have proved 2 times now I can make at least a 20 man roster at 60M using cap geek so why is it soo impossible for the canucks gm who's actual job is to figure this out not do it?

3 extra players cost 2M tops and with a 63-64M cap guess what the roster I made that u choose to ignore because it proves u wrong is now a 23 man roster with 1-2M cap space with luongo and schneider

Also lol at calling luongo a benched backup he's i guess that makes ur goalies echl caliber since he is better than any goalie ur team has. I guess boston should have packaged a 1st with Thomas to get rid of his horrible 5M benched backup contract on a lower cap than 64M a few years ago? I mean he's was what 35 back then signed til 39ish? Oh wait their gm new he wasn't a "benched backup making 5M" and was actually worth a ton still since he ended up holding on to him and the guy ended up winning the vezina in his 1st season as a benched backup LOL

Old
01-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Shawnathon

Quote:

Does HF have a "like" button?

Old
01-02-2013, 07:41 PM
blankall

Quote:
Yes because I have not shown how the canucks can fit a 20 man roster under 60M with luongo I think I could easily make a 23 man roster with an extra 3 to 4M

I also said worst case scenario canucks amnesty Ballard if they can't even get a 7th. I would like to know why we can't get even a 7th for him when islanders fans have been fine with a 3rd or 4th for him. Why is it because u say we can't get even a 4th for Ballard makes it true when the market and other teams fans have shown otherwise?

Also please don't put words in my mouth. I do believe they won't have to use the amnesty on either player but I never said it for sure wont happen although I will say that for luongo now. However I have said worst case scenario they have to amnesty Ballard

There is no point in dealing with sufferingcatsfan because he cherry picks certain things a person says and uses it out of context. He also ignores proven facts. I have proved 2 times now I can make at least a 20 man roster at 60M using cap geek so why is it soo impossible for the canucks gm who's actual job is to figure this out not do it?

3 extra players cost 2M tops and with a 63-64M cap guess what the roster I made that u choose to ignore because it proves u wrong is now a 23 man roster with 1-2M cap space with luongo and schneider

Also lol at calling luongo a benched backup he's i guess that makes ur goalies echl caliber since he is better than any goalie ur team has. I guess boston should have packaged a 1st with Thomas to get rid of his horrible 5M benched backup contract on a lower cap than 64M a few years ago? I mean he's was what 35 back then signed til 39ish? Oh wait their gm new he wasn't a "benched backup making 5M" and was actually worth a ton still since he ended up holding on to him and the guy ended up winning the vezina in his 1st season as a benched backup LOL
Here was the roster you provided:

D.sedin h.sedin Kassian
Booth kesler burrows
Jensen schroeder Hansen
Volpatti Lapierre Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa
Garrison edler
____ tanev

Luongo
Schneider

Ballard is gone. You're going to ice 2 league minimum defenders somehow.

Your math is also way off on this one:

Cap geek has you with the 4 defencemen and 7 forwards at 55.4 million. Tanev will cost you 990k minimum. 1 mil for Lap. 700k for Wiese. 660k for Volpatti. Jensen is 894k. 1 mil for Schroeder.

That brings you to about 60 million right there.....and you forgot to add in Edler's cap hit, which will be a minimum 5 mil....oh and your lineup still needs a 13th forward and 2 more defencemen.

So like I said before, you will need to move Luongo and Ballard to re-sign Edler. Even then, things will be tight, and you will have no room to make improvements.

And no you did not post a viable lineup.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 5158
Quote:

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,743,333; BONUSES: $310,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,766,667

Would you look at that. We can work under $65M and still keep Luongo and Schneider. Who'd have thought? Is this ideal? Hard, but certainly feasible. All the more so if the supposedly $67M is agreed upon. Regardless, find me a "king's ransom" post unless you are among the crowd who believes Luongo is with a 2nd and Komisarek. In which case, your opinion is irrelevant.

$60M as a cap and it's a different scenario. That I will concede just for argument sake.

Edit: And before anyone gets cute. Players will not be demanding significant raises in the new CBA world, especially with a sizable reduced cap. You have exceptions like Perry due to status but Higgins does not fall into the "must have" category. If he did leave though, we have Jensen or could look to FA.

Last edited by Bourne Endeavor: 01-02-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old
01-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Here was the roster you provided:

D.sedin h.sedin Kassian
Booth kesler burrows
Jensen schroeder Hansen
Volpatti Lapierre Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa
Garrison edler
____ tanev

Luongo
Schneider

Ballard is gone. You're going to ice 2 league minimum defenders somehow.

Your math is also way off on this one:

Cap geek has you with the 4 defencemen and 7 forwards at 55.4 million. Tanev will cost you 990k minimum. 1 mil for Lap. 700k for Wiese. 660k for Volpatti. Jensen is 894k. 1 mil for Schroeder.

That brings you to about 60 million right there.....and you forgot to add in Edler's cap hit, which will be a minimum 5 mil....oh and your lineup still needs a 13th forward and 2 more defencemen.

So like I said before, you will need to move Luongo and Ballard to re-sign Edler. Even then, things will be tight, and you will have no room to make improvements.

And no you did not post a viable lineup.
Look above this post. obviously my math was right seeing how I said we could have a 2M 3rd pairing guy and Higgins at 2M if we move luongo and the guy above has Higgins and pays some players more than I did and fits it under 64M.

But for ur sake ill do it again because obviously other canucks fans and I are terrible at math and don't know anything even if its about our own team!

D.Sedin (6.1) H.Sedin (6.1) Burrows (4.5)
Booth (4.25) Kesler (5) Kassian (.870)
Jensen (.894) Schroeder (.750) Hansen. (1.35)
Volpatti (.600) Lappierre (1.25) Weise (.600)
Pinizzatto (.600)

Garrison (4.6) Edler (5)
Hamhuis (4.5) Bieksa (4.6)
UFA (2M) Tanev (1)
Joslin (.600) UFA (.600)

Luongo (5.333)
Schneider (4)

23 man roster
Cap total: 63.297
Max cap total: 63.500

I chose 63.5M as it is smack dab in the middle of 60 and 67. And would u look at that I fit a 23 man roster into that 63.5M I said I could easily do while keeping luongo and Schneider

But no my math is wrong!!!! Canuck fans are idiots there's no way we can do it no way! This can't be possible! These numbers are all lies! Damn u canucks damn u to hell for not believing us hf posters and amnesty clausing luongo so we can get an elite goalie for free and at a cheap cap hit! Now where do we get our goalie?!? Why can't u just listen to us we know what we're talking about instead of going off on ur own and figuring out we are completely off base!

Last edited by Ched Brosky: 01-02-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old
01-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

I chose 63.5M as it is smack dab in the middle of 60 and 67. And would u look at that I fit a 23 man roster into that 63.5M I said I could easily do while keeping luongo and Schneider
But your forward lineup is dreadful. Half the forwards making close to league minimum...

As a Canuck fan, I would be severely disappointed with this roster.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
But your forward lineup is dreadful. Half the forwards making close to league minimum...

Our 4th line is basically the same as what it would be this year. Only differences made are Jensen took Raymond's spot on the 3rd line, Schroeder took malhotra's job on the 3rd line and Kassian took Higgins job on the 2nd line while saving about 4M in cap space by letting them walk compared to their cap hits today

I'll take Jensen over Raymond anyday, Schroeder over malhotra because malhotra isn't the same player anymore. Higgins I want to keep but he becomes a cap casualty and if Kassian develops a bit it won't be too big of a loss

Jensen has looked solid in the sel this year and I imagine he will be more than ready for the NHL next season seeing how he almost made the team last season. Kassian has great hands and playmaking ability he'd be a great fit with the sedins or kesler plus they can teach him work ethic. I forgot who it was but I remember some players were in aww with how hard the sedins work to improve each and every year even though they already are stars. I imagine this could rub off on Kassian. Schroeder in my opinion is ready for the NHL. Guy is a solid 2 way player and thinks the game at a high level.

Teams need elcs that pay dividends to win. Boston had seguin la had king Nolan Martinez etc. sure it would be nice to have more established players but sacrifices have to be made.

Besides this lineup is temporary. Allows us to get good value for Lou in picks and prospects and then package those for a deadline trade for a superstar who we could re-sign since we will have freed up 5M without factoring in a cap raise. Usually a superstar at the deadline costs a 1st, one or 2 mid level prospects and top nine or #4 dmen.

Hossa returned a 1st, Armstrong, Esposito, and some other junk I don't even remember
Kovalchuk returned a 1st Cormier Oduya and bergfors

Canucks can easily match something like that after they get good value for luo

Last edited by Ched Brosky: 01-02-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old
01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post

That's what I was thinking. Glad I wasn't alone.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:51 PM
WhatASaveDave

To

Roberto Luongo
Andrew Alberts
Andrew Ebbett

To

Tyler Bozak
Carl Gunnarson
Mike Brown
2nd round pick 2013
rights to Cody Franson

based on if their is a compliance buyout and if Vancouver buys out Ballard

Last edited by WhatASaveDave: 01-02-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old
01-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
That's what I was thinking. Glad I wasn't alone.
Would u rather have malhotra how he is now or Schroeder? Jensen or Raymond? Only downgrade is Higgins to Kassian and if u guys are that picky just sign a 1M reclamation project like Anshan carter and raffi Torres except on d (there will be many available with the cap drop) and use that mil add it to jensen's cap hit and give Higgins his 1.9M and move Jensen to the ahl.

Higgins takes kassians spot Kassian takes jensen's spot.

The roster is just to show we could fit both goalies under a 63.5M cap or higher.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:00 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
To

Roberto Luongo
Andrew Alberts
Andrew Ebbett

To

Tyler Bozak
Carl Gunnarson
Mike Brown
2nd round pick 2013
rights to Cody Franson
The Leafs are not taking additional cap dumps with Luongo. Especially not without sending cap dumps back.

Keep dreaming; enjoy Luongo for the next decade, with the lowered cap.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:01 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Would u rather have malhotra how he is now or Schroeder? Jensen or Raymond? Only downgrade is Higgins to Kassian and if u guys are that picky just sign a 1M reclamation project like Anshan carter and raffi Torres except on d (there will be many available with the cap drop) and use that mil add it to jensen's cap hit and give Higgins his 1.9M and move Jensen to the ahl.

Higgins takes kassians spot Kassian takes jensen's spot.

The roster is just to show we could fit both goalies under a 63.5M cap or higher.
Seems like a lot of finger crossing.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
WhatASaveDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
The Leafs are not taking additional cap dumps with Luongo. Especially not without sending cap dumps back.

Keep dreaming; enjoy Luongo for the next decade, with the lowered cap.
i'm a leafs fan? i just think it would be more fair if we did a gunnarson for alberts swap if they give us Luongo. Both their salaries are relatively close to one another and gunnarson is clearly an upgrade over alberts so it makes sense for them because they are trying to make a cup run

Closed Thread