HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Luongo Talk

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
Keep dreaming; enjoy Luongo for the next decade, with the lowered cap.
I love these comments.

Best team in the NHL since Luongo has been in Vancouver.

Oh no, not another year with 2 elite players at the same position.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
To

Roberto Luongo
Andrew Alberts
Andrew Ebbett

To

Tyler Bozak
Carl Gunnarson
Mike Brown
2nd round pick 2013
rights to Cody Franson
Wow...no thanks. We give up our 1C, 2D and the only guy who can drop the gloves and take additional dumps?

I"m okay trading for Luongo, but not taking on #7 d-men in the process.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:15 PM
WhatASaveDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Wow...no thanks. We give up our 1C, 2D and the only guy who can drop the gloves and take additional dumps?

I"m okay trading for Luongo, but not taking on #7 d-men in the process.
we're gonna have to give to get. Vancouver is pretty much doing us a favor giving us Luongo (shorterm) and its unrealistic for us to give them our core (kessel/lupul/grabo) or our top prospects and first rounds picks.

So with that being said, what do we have to give? The answer is depth for THEM to make a cup run. Kinda like the Dion Phaneuf trade.

Bozak our 1C can play 3rd line for them and play pp and pk, Gunnarson our 2D can play on their 3rd pairing/pk and be a major upgrade for them, and mike brown would give them depth on the 4th line where in my view they need to upgrade for a longer playoff run
(weise - lappierre - kassian ------> Brown - Lappierre - Kassian )

This trade would be closer to fair than these "Komisarek + conolly type deals" i keep seeing

Old
01-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
we're gonna have to give to get. Vancouver is pretty much doing us a favor giving us Luongo (shorterm) and its unrealistic for us to give them our core (kessel/lupul/grabo) or our top prospects and first rounds picks.

So with that being said, what do we have to give? The answer is depth for THEM to make a cup run. Kinda like the Dion Phaneuf trade.

Bozak our 1C can play 3rd line for them and play pp and pk, Gunnarson our 2D can play on their 3rd pairing/pk and be a major upgrade for them, and mike brown would give them depth on the 4th line where in my view they need to upgrade for a longer playoff run
(weise - lappierre - kassian ------> Brown - Lappierre - Kassian )

This trade would be closer to fair than these "Komisarek + conolly type deals" i keep seeing
Take out Gunnarsson on the Leafs side and Ebbett on Vancouver's and I'd pull the trigger.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:

Bozak our 1C can play 3rd line for them and play pp and pk, Gunnarson our 2D can play on their 3rd pairing/pk and be a major upgrade for them, and mike brown would give them depth on the 4th line.

This trade would be closer to fair then these "Komisarek + conolly type deals" i keep seeing
While i commend your effort to make sure Vancouver is all rosie, i'm a little more concerned with who is going to play1C and 2D on my own team.

After your deal we have:

Phaneuf/??
Liles/Gardiner
Alberts/Komi

That is dog ugly....oh, we don't have a 1C either.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Lundface

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
Take out Gunnarsson on the Leafs side and Ebbett on Vancouver's and I'd pull the trigger.
Take out Gunnarsson and Luongo and I'd pull the trigger

Old
01-02-2013, 09:23 PM
JayBeautiful
Nature Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,743,333; BONUSES: $310,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,766,667

Would you look at that. We can work under $65M and still keep Luongo and Schneider. Who'd have thought? Is this ideal? Hard, but certainly feasible. All the more so if the supposedly $67M is agreed upon. Regardless, find me a "king's ransom" post unless you are among the crowd who believes Luongo is with a 2nd and Komisarek. In which case, your opinion is irrelevant.

$60M as a cap and it's a different scenario. That I will concede just for argument sake.

Edit: And before anyone gets cute. Players will not be demanding significant raises in the new CBA world, especially with a sizable reduced cap. You have exceptions like Perry due to status but Higgins does not fall into the "must have" category. If he did leave though, we have Jensen or could look to FA.
Does HF have a "like" button?

Old
01-02-2013, 09:25 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
To

Roberto Luongo
Andrew Alberts
Andrew Ebbett

To

Tyler Bozak
Carl Gunnarson
Mike Brown
2nd round pick 2013
rights to Cody Franson
That's a horrible, horrible trade. BIG no thank you.

01-02-2013, 09:27 PM
WhatASaveDave

Quote:
While i commend your effort to make sure Vancouver is all rosie, i'm a little more concerned with who is going to play1C and 2D on my own team.

After your deal we have:

Phaneuf/??
Liles/Gardiner
Alberts/Komi

That is dog ugly....oh, we don't have a 1C either.
We'll give Conolly another shot at 1C. It's unfair to judge a player fresh off a new contract and a new team based on 1 poor season, i think he'll be okay if we have a Elite goalie in net. (Conolly was really good at the start of the season when our goalies played really well)

and for defense, Phaneuf will go back to playing the Left side and we'll be betting on komisarek getting his game back (new coach, new system) and he showed that he can play really well playing with Elite defenseman ala markov in montreal.

In theory Phaneuf - Komisarek should be good. Two big dman who can hit.

going with burkes new theory of Top 8 bottom 4/top 4 bottom 2

Lupul - Conolly - Kessel
Riemsdyk - Grabovski - MacArthur
Kulemin - Kadri - Frattin
Mcclement - Steckel - Orr

Phaneuf - Komisarek
Gardiner - Kostka
Liles - Holzer

Luongo
Reimer

extras; Lombardi, Komarov, Alberts

if Conolly struggles to be our 1C, we could go out and try to find a solution in the trade market

Old
01-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
Take out luongo on the canucks side and bozak and the 2nd on the leafs side and I'd pull the trigger too!

Even the original package I'd say no to. Mike brown has been here twice before and he fights better than Weise but that's it. 13th foward here and we give up our 13th foward.

Bozak is a 3rd line centre here and he isn't an elite one.

Gunnarson is redundant so long as we have Ballard. Fransons rights are worth next to nothing.

So while it may seem to Toronto fans that they give up a bunch to the canucks it's a 13th foward, upgrade the 7-8 dmen, 2nd round pick, and a 3rd line centre for our 13th foward #7 dman and 1B elite goalie

Old
01-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
We'll give Conolly another shot at 1C. It's unfair to judge a player fresh off a new contract and a new team based on 1 poor season, i think he'll be okay if we have a Elite goalie in net. (Conolly was really good at the start of the season when our goalies played really well)

and for defense, Phaneuf will go back to playing the Left side and we'll be betting on komisarek getting his game back (new coach, new system) and he showed that he can play really well playing with Elite defenseman ala markov in montreal.

Lupul - Conolly - Kessel

Phaneuf - Komisarek
Gardiner - Kostka
Liles - Holzer

Luongo
Reimer

if Conolly struggles to be our 1C, we could go out and try to find a solution in the trade market
So...Komi goes from being benched to #2, Kostka is our 3/4 guy (no NHL experience) and Holzer is a permenant starter (very little NHL experience).

Then there is the fact that Connolly was not good...period. And that's when he's not hurt...which he will be.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:34 PM
WhatASaveDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Take out luongo on the canucks side and bozak and the 2nd on the leafs side and I'd pull the trigger too!

Even the original package I'd say no to. Mike brown has been here twice before and he fights better than Weise but that's it. 13th foward here and we give up our 13th foward.

Bozak is a 3rd line centre here and he isn't an elite one.

Gunnarson is redundant so long as we have Ballard. Fransons rights are worth next to nothing.

So while it may seem to Toronto fans that they give up a bunch to the canucks it's a 13th foward, upgrade the 7-8 dmen, 2nd round pick, and a 3rd line centre for our 13th foward #7 dman and 1B elite goalie
oh wait, this trade idea is based on if their is a compliance buyout and you guys buy out Ballard

Old
01-02-2013, 09:36 PM
WhatASaveDave

Quote:
So...Komi goes from being benched to #2, Kostka is our 3/4 guy (no NHL experience) and Holzer is a permenant starter (very little NHL experience).

Then there is the fact that Connolly was not good...period. And that's when he's not hurt...which he will be.
if luongo is in net, guarantee all our guys will play much much better. Burke also thinks Holzer is nhl ready and in his interview with sportsnet, he says Kostka deserves a shot and his hockey iq is off the charts. He also has chemistry with Gardiner.

I think if we get Luongo and we play the marlies core up on the Leafs, we'll make the playoffs

Old
01-02-2013, 09:36 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
if luongo is in net, guarantee all our guys will play much much better. Burke also thinks Holzer is nhl ready and in his interview with sportsnet, he says Kostka deserves a shot and his hockey iq is off the charts
Agreed, although it will take more than your proposal to get Luongo. Gunnarsson isn't a fit here as we are already overloaded with LH defensemen.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
WhatASaveDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Agreed, although it will take more than your proposal to get Luongo. Gunnarsson isn't a fit here as we are already overloaded with LH defensemen.
what if you guys buy out ballard if there is a compliance buyout in the new nhl cba?

Old
01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
if luongo is in net, guarantee all our guys will play much much better. Burke also thinks Holzer is nhl ready and in his interview with sportsnet, he says Kostka deserves a shot and his hockey iq is off the charts. He also has chemistry with Gardiner.

I think if we get Luongo and we play the marlies core up on the Leafs, we'll make the playoffs
Kostka may deserve a shot, he might not make it...same for Holzer. And Komi on our top pairing....i mean...really??

Old
01-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
what if you guys buy out ballard if there is a compliance buyout in the new nhl cba?
Buyout wouldn't happen until the off-season.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
01-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:

Lupul - Conolly - Kessel

Phaneuf - Komisarek
Gardiner - Kostka
Liles - Holzer

Luongo
Reimer

Oh, dear lord no. Don't do it. Don't do it.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Gunnarson would play over Ballard, Every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Your depth is what killed you in the SCF, when you guys had Hodgson who was a scoring 3rd line center on your team before the TD swap, you were pretty damn good. Bozak is decent offensively, and defensively. A Higgins-Bozak-Hansen/Raymond/Kassain line would be good out there, and can get some offense going. And, you guys got ragdolled against teams like Boston, it's good to have a heavyweight on your team, and one that's decent on the PK. Take out Gunnar and your 2 extras.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Then Gunnarsson would be an excellent replacement. It would give the Canucks 4 extremely steady, reliable defensemen in Hamhuis, Garrison, Gunnarsson and Tanev.

To Tor- Luongo, Raymond
To Van- Gunnarsson, Kulemin, Finn

Old
01-02-2013, 09:51 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
It's a waste to trade Luongo for a bottom pairing defenseman (for our team) and a bunch of crap. Let's start talking about guys like Lupul (assuming we can talk to him first regarding an extension) and a 1st round pick, or Gardiner or Reilly.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
oh wait, this trade idea is based on if their is a compliance buyout and you guys buy out Ballard
Thing is that is terrible asset management. If there is a season this year the cap space we save from it is used on nothing whatsoever so it would be better to wait til the offseason when his cap space is needed to use the amnesty clause on him

Old
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Gunnarson would play over Ballard, Every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Your depth is what killed you in the SCF, when you guys had Hodgson who was a scoring 3rd line center on your team before the TD swap, you were pretty damn good. Bozak is decent offensively, and defensively. A Higgins-Bozak-Hansen/Raymond/Kassain line would be good out there, and can get some offense going. And, you guys got ragdolled against teams like Boston, it's good to have a heavyweight on your team, and one that's decent on the PK. Take out Gunnar and your 2 extras.
Bozak isn't that great offensively. His point total relative to his linemates was surprisingly low. He's also bad defensively (not decent, he's bad). I want nothing to do with Bozak on this team.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Then Gunnarsson would be an excellent replacement. It would give the Canucks 4 extremely steady, reliable defensemen in Hamhuis, Garrison, Gunnarsson and Tanev.

To Tor- Luongo, Raymond
To Van- Gunnarsson, Kulemin, Finn

1. We have a Raymond and his name is MacArthur and if you have not realized we are looking to trade him.

2. Toronto can't move guy like Gunnarsson as our D is not as good as it is made to believe.

3. Kulemin value is so low right now moving him makes no sense for us and it is because of this most Van fans will say "He is a 7 goal scorer."

Old
01-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
1. We have a Raymond and his name is MacArthur and if you have not realized we are looking to trade him.

2. Toronto can't move guy like Gunnarsson as our D is not as good as it is made to believe.

3. Kulemin value is so low right now moving him makes no sense for us and it is because of this most Van fans will say "He is a 7 goal scorer."
Then offer up a blue-chip prospect, 1st rd pick or impact player...

None of these things are ever on the table. If your top 10 organizational assets are off the table you need to move some quality depth.

Closed Thread