HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Starting Jan 13, after players vote.

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 08:58 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500

Old
01-02-2013, 08:58 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

I will admit those were interesting trade proposals, however I can't see any of them happening. The only one that would make sense was Grabovski & Kulemin for Luongo & Higgins, however it would take a lot more then that for it to happen.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:59 PM
TmlHockeyFan

That is just terrible. Terrible. terrible, terrible. How does that make out team better? It looks even worse.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:59 PM
SarcazemKadri

There are not enough negative adjectives to describe that article and the trade proposals within. I see the trade proposals are ridiculous warning, but c'mon.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Well, at least the Leafs would undoubtedly draft MacKinnon after making these deals.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:03 PM
PasDaSquini

I am not even sure this would work in NHL 13. God dam.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Well, at least the Leafs would undoubtedly draft MacKinnon after making these deals.
With the 1st they traded to Montreal?

Great, lets give Montreal MacKinnon lol

Old
01-02-2013, 09:06 PM
TmlHockeyFan

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that the writer of this article is NOT our GM. Makes me appreciate Burke more.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

Oh good god, I didn't even notice that. Way too much stuff going on in this dog's breakfast.

Me thinks someone wanted some site traffic.

He should be receiving a job offer from Eklund in the next five minutes.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

You guys are all kinds of awesome. Not much of a sense of humour though...

Horcoff is no 1C. Pretty sure that was made clear. Galy is. Not this year, though. So, Horcoff is the placeholder.

I feel like I'm stating the obvious here, but every syllable i that piece was intentionally over the top. As you were, haters...

Old
01-02-2013, 09:10 PM
WeWantACup
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
that is to funny and awesome

Old
01-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

You don't need to send us your video games trade proposals.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
That is just terrible. Terrible. terrible, terrible. How does that make out team better? It looks even worse.

Galy, Nail, Rielly, Hamilton and Luongo makes our team better. But seriously, if the obvious ridiculousness of the entire piece was lost on you, I don't know what else to say. in reality, all I'm interested in is hearing from Leaf fans as to how Burke addresses some soon-to-be serious issues that could negatively impact the complexion of the club in the next year or so. As the conclusion stated, the Leafs have have a better chance of making the playoffs this year than any of what was written to transpire. I'd be content with picking up an overpriced castoff top 6 pivot and a goalie. What's your solution, gents?

Old
01-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Brody

vCash: 560
Can't believe I read that, absolutely horrible, what a joke.

Here's a little comedy snippet from it.

Quote:
Here’s the list of players I am looking to either re-sign, or flip for other assets:

1. Bozak
2. Reimer
3. Lupul
4. Kadri
5. MacArthur
6. Kessel
7. Kulemin
8. Grabovski
9. Gardiner
Then he goes on to trade all of them

Old
01-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
wait, is that Ryan Kesler??? ****, I shoulda traded for him, too...

Old
01-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
Galy, Nail, Rielly, Hamilton and Luongo makes our team better. But seriously, if the obvious ridiculousness of the entire piece was lost on you, I don't know what else to say. in reality, all I'm interested in is hearing from Leaf fans as to how Burke addresses some soon-to-be serious issues that could negatively impact the complexion of the club in the next year or so. As the conclusion stated, the Leafs have have a better chance of making the playoffs this year than any of what was written to transpire. I'd be content with picking up an overpriced castoff top 6 pivot and a goalie. What's your solution, gents?
Leafs have a better chance to make the playoffs with Horcoff as their #1 C and Frattin as their go-to Sniper?

Please dkm.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Leafs have a better chance to make the playoffs with Horcoff as their #1 C and Frattin as their go-to Sniper?

Please dkm.

Really, guys??? are we all this obtuse???

Again, not one syllable was meant to be taken seriously. Thought that was made clear, then re-iterated. If you missed it the first couple times, let's all say it together: "INTENTIONALLY RIDICULOUS". Anybody still unsure about the intent?

If youre criticizing, feel free, but just acknowledge that youre criticizing self-proclaimed, over the top, RIDICULOUSNESS that was meant solely to overstate the obvious, and prime the pump to hear from Leaf fans about how to address the issues that Burke will need to be proactive about.

Where do you stand on Lupul? does Kessel leave Toronto hanging when his deal comes to an end? Does the acquisition of Rielly make Gardiner expendable?

I get that criticism is a lot more fun and less risky than putting your own thoughts out there, but if anyone has an opinion on how to deal with the Leafs' personnel issues, this here hockey forum might be the place to voice it.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:

Again, not one syllable was meant to be taken seriously. Thought that was made clear, then re-iterated. If you missed it the first couple times, let's all say it together: "INTENTIONALLY RIDICULOUS". Anybody still unsure about the intent?

If youre criticizing, feel free, but just acknowledge that youre criticizing self-proclaimed, over the top, RIDICULOUSNESS that was meant solely to overstate the obvious, and prime the pump to hear from Leaf fans about how to address the issues that Burke will need to be proactive about.

Where do you stand on Lupul? does Kessel leave Toronto hanging when his deal comes to an end? Does the acquisition of Rielly make Gardiner expendable?

I get that criticism is a lot more fun and less risky than putting your own thoughts out there, but if anyone has an opinion on how to deal with the Leafs' personnel issues, this here hockey forum might be the place to voice it.
So this whole article was a joke?

Ha. Ha. So funny. Ha.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:44 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Wow. That was awful.

I get the whole "ridiculous trade proposals that are fun to think about" but it's not fun to think about when the team is actually made to be WORSE than the current form.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Brody

vCash: 560
Quote:

The worst article I have ever read, if its a joke, why waste your time and write something so unamusing, lame, and stupid? Wasted my time, and the authors.

Lupul has been awesome, we want to keep Kessel unless someone blows our socks off and that trade was retarded. No, Rielly does not make Gardiner expendable. Thanks for coming out.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:46 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:

It's edmontons first that gets traded. There was no way Montreal touches that deal anyways.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
So this whole article was a joke?

Ha. Ha. So funny. Ha.
No. And yes.

As I said, I personally DESPISE trade proposals. Almost as much as I despise lockouts, and terms like make-whole, roll-back, and disclaimer-of-interest.

I made mine as far fetched as possible to make whatever follows seem plausible. So far, all we've seen, other than a lot of hits, is criticism of what is obviously and intentionally ridiculous.

I'd love to hear what you, and others think about how Burke addresses what will be a critical time in his tenure with the Leafs.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

I think you're getting ripped because you went about things the wrong way. You're using ridiculous and obsurd trade proposals to attract people to your site, but are asking people for a rational hockey discussion. If you wanted to create a discussion about the Leafs pending free agents, maybe you should have centered the article around this topic. Everyone is focusing on your 20 player trade, and are taking your article as serious as this proposal. Can you really blame them?

Old
01-02-2013, 09:59 PM
K19*

The article sounded alright until I read the first trade proposal which made me lose all respect for the author.

Yakupov > Kessel (upside, more nasty/physical, rookie contract, no impending UFA)
EDM 2013 1st > Gardiner (it's close, but the 13 draft is looking stacked, and while they will improve, I wouldn't be shocked if EDM got another top-5 pick... Gardiner isn't worth that... even if its closer to 10 it's still pretty iffy given the strength of the class... will Gardiner have subsequent concussion issues?)
Lupul > Hemsky and Horcoff (Lupul's an expiring and Hemsky/Horcoff have 1.5/2.5 years left on their deals... Don't know enough about Hartikainen to say, but he certainly doesn't seem like a good enough prospect to take on the salaries of Horcoff/Hemsky, nor is EDM desperate enough to trade their 2013 1st to add incentive for TOR taking this deal)

Just an awful,trade proposal. That's right up there with the garbage that you see on here all the time. The article was pretty disappointing. I was expecting more.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
The worst article I have ever read, if its a joke, why waste your time and write something so unamusing, lame, and stupid? Wasted my time, and the authors.

Lupul has been awesome, we want to keep Kessel unless someone blows our socks off and that trade was retarded. No, Rielly does not make Gardiner expendable. Thanks for coming out.
wait, which one am I, if not the author?

Of course Lupul has been awesome, and he's also in his final year before he becomes UFA, and he hasn't had the greatest history with Carlyle, who also is expected to lean hard on Kessel, also soon to be a UFA (2014) for issues like fitness and 2-way responsible play. How likely is Phil to stick around, in a town where 80 point guys are criticized daily in the press, in light of the fact that he can move on to a contender, make the same dough and get a shot at having his name on the cup?
What if 66% of your top line walks over the next 12-18 months?

What sort of offer "blows your socks off" for Kessel? Why doesn't Rielly make Gardiner expendable? Isn't that the idea behind drafting BPA vs positional need? what do you do with Liles at 4 M a copy, or Phaneuf at 6+? where's the fit for all that offensively-minded D?

Closed Thread