I miss Chavo's "Kerwin White" gimmick. It was fun as all heck
Best heel of the last 10-ish years? Muhammed Hassan. Not even close.
I don't get the Damian Sandow hype. He's enteraining, but Santino is enteraining....I wouldn't put him any higher than the midcard or a tag specialist.
I actually thought David Aquette as WCW champion wasn't a terrible idea. I like unpredictability....give me a bizarre confusing swirve over a typical "John Cena fights off 7 guys with one hand tied behind his back while saluting the American flag and curing cancer with his tears" that we see every week on WWE
Dolph Ziggler is terrible on the mic, his overselling of moves and flicking grease from his air is all he's got. The only thing he shows off, is that he's found a way to be more boring than Kevin Nash. Another "talent" forced on us much like Miz, Sheamus and Del Rio.
Cena & Ryback buring Ziggler & The Shield would be absolutely golden. All those collective tears of the IWC would make up for the last 6-7 years of horse **** programming.
Size matters (see Ryback). That's what's holding Ziggler back, that's what has and will hold Ambrose back, that's what will limit Daniel Bryan, and so on and so forth. Much of this new generation is just too vanilla. You wanna be a big star in this business, get huge.
Didn't think this was a minority opinion, but if so, Taker is awesome. One of the best of all-time, and the greatest character of all-time. That entrance is epic. And the streak should never end.
Scott Hall (while very popular) was still very underrated. One of the all-time greats IMO.
The NWO invasion angle was the greatest year or so of wrestling, ever.
CM Punk's overrated. A clear notch below Hogan, Flair, HHH, Rock, Austin, Taker, etc.
Believable characters and interesting storylines are far more important to me than ring work.
Originally Posted by Morozov
Flair is still more entertaining than pretty much anyone in pro wrestling and as such belongs on TV if he wants to continue to do so.
Originally Posted by Canadienjet
Ric Flair even at his age=more charamastic then 90% of the WWE roster.
Couldn't agree more. Loved his brief appearance a few weeks back. Who knows, maybe I'm too old for this stuff now so all I'll really like are the guys who were big back when I watched it more, but he has a presence/charisma that these new guys just don't have (to me at least).
Originally Posted by SheamusFan
- Dean Ambrose isn't the greatest thing in the history of forever. He's great, don't get me wrong, but when people start revering everything he does, it's annoying.
Agreed. And to me he's not even great. Despite what many here would like to think, look matters, a lot. He's just not big/fit enough. You combine him and Reigns and you have a superstar. Reigns has the look which is well over half the battle, so I could see him reaching that status, but Ambrose will have a tougher road. Rollins does absolutely nothing for me. Mid-carder in my book.
- Triple H has a good eye for talent and when Vince McMahon retires, the WWE will get better. I also like his stance on not allowing guys from FCW/NXT be brought up until the creative team has real storylines mapped out for them and a good gimmick.
- I like The Miz as a face (he is awesome as a heel too but I enjoy cheering for him)
- AJ Lee is not that hot. Eve >>>>>>> AJ
Agreed on all points.
Plus agreed with some Cesaro is too bland and the evil foreigner only works, if there country they are from is actually an enemy of the states or near by such as Mexico or Canada. See Muhammad Hassan or Bret Hart's heel run that's how you do it.
Hollywood hogan is the best by far.
Miz should get a WWE/WHC title run soon as a face.
Loved Bret Hart's heel run in 1997.Rather him as a heel than a face.
1) Dolph Ziggler is "great" compared to the current roster, but can't hold a candle to Jericho as a talker in his prime, and will never reach the level of a Mr. Perfect or Million Dollar Man as a heel worker.
2) Kane as a character is much better than Taker.
3) Shawn Michaels is not the greatest performer of all time.
4) Kurt Angle, during his prime run in WWE, was the absolute total package as a wrestler and on the mike.