HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Lockout Discussion XL: Tonight is the night... When two become one.

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 09:39 PM
binop7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
this is par for the course for a guy like dreger. he will throw out every possibly scenario everytime because he knows if the throws enough **** at the wall, something will eventually stick.
I remember last year two or three days before trade deadline. Dreger said basically word for word the Leafs could make a trade or they may not make a trade.

Old
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
The season is not over but a deal will not get done tonight in my opinion.

If both sides are "frustrated" clearly there is an issue here. The best thing is reporting nothing at all, rather than leaks like this.
''Soon'' does not mean tonight.
Anyone thinking they'll blow up the season where they are in the process right now is out of their ******* mind.

Old
stug*

If the season is canceled, then i think we are gonna lose alot of fellow users.
Mainly to this.

Old
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

They don't have the luxury to keep going back and forth with negotiating. It is WAY past that point.

WTF is the NHL trying to accomplish by holding out and digging in and refusing the players requests on pension? Just give it to them already and be done with it. I am sure this is something small that they can get back in return. This is so god damn absurd, I am going to get a headache reading through all the BS to come.

THIS SUCKS!

Old
01-02-2013, 09:40 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Lebrun thinks season's over if they file the DOI? And Dreger actually had a vibe a deal could get done today? There's a switch. Lebrun has been pretty adamant there will be a season throughout the whole thing. Whereas Dreger, and Mckenzie were saying back in September they think season will be lost.
People tend to go from high to low.

It's no coincidence LeBrun started to believe there would be a season and is going against that now. No coincidence the people who thought "no way" are holding out hope NOW for a deal.

I wouldn't look too into that haha.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Make no mistake. If union plays disclaimer card, it isn't a smooth sail. Given the small window left, a few days will be wasted not talking, leaving everything to last moment.

So, union filing is definitely a negative step.

Old
mrquincy27

Just a random question but which reporter/insider do you guys feel has been the most negative/pessimistic thought this whole thing?

Old
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

TSN.ca is now saying that there will be media statements from both sides that they will show following the meetings.

So the media has been tipped off that there will be statements from BOTH sides? Yeah, if they know in advance there is no way it would be to announce a deal. Same old crap. Same thing as last night pretty much.

They'll do it all again tmrw, and Friday.....and Saturday.....or it will all blow up...

Old
01-02-2013, 09:42 PM
rdawg1234

meeting still going guys, lets keep it together.

I personally dont expect a disclaimer, they'll hopefully meet in the middle on pensions soon.

Old
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
They don't have the luxury to keep going back and forth with negotiating. It is WAY past that point.

WTF is the NHL trying to accomplish by holding out and digging in and refusing the players requests on pension? Just give it to them already and be done with it. I am sure this is something small that they can get back in return. This is so god damn absurd, I am going to get a headache reading through all the BS to come.

THIS SUCKS!

Pensions are a huge deal: players have short careers and they represent a ton of money for the owners. It's no wonder a disagreement over how the pension plan is funded is a significant hurdle...

Old
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrquincy27 View Post
Just a random question but which reporter/insider do you guys feel has been the most negative/pessimistic thought this whole thing?
Most positive: Lebrun
Doug McLean

Most negative: Dregger+McKenzie

Neutral: Lavoie

Old
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrquincy27 View Post
LeBrun, not because of his opinion, but because of every information he leaks is bad.

Strictly opinion it is Dreger.

Old
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopistar View Post
Also, IF they don't file tonight, doesn't mean they can't take another vote tomorrow and File on Thursday or Friday. DOI doesn't HAVE to happen tonight.
Why would they take a vote? It's not needed to file the DOI.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:43 PM
NinthSpoke06

vCash: 50
No surprise the players dug in last minute....nothing is ever enough for Fehr.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:44 PM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Because the whole ****ing thing is a sham. Thus they have to tell the public they are voting to let their leaders LEAVE them but they still "support" said leaders

Old
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
So is the NHL season going to be cancelled tonight,or will this crap continue until January 11th,when finally the NHL season gets cancelled?
I personally think this crap will continue until January 11th, and the lockout will end. We will likely all be on here at this time 10:44 PM eastern on January 11th waiting to see what happens. That's what I think.

Old
The Torts Identity

Quote:

THIS SUCKS!
And how many trees have to die for either side to write up a proposal they actually believe can lead to an agreement!

Just more casualties in this incredibly annoying standoff

Old
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Technically, no. But the executive committee only has permission from the players to file one before midnight tonight. It's a self-imposed deadline.

Old
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Pensions are a huge deal: players have short careers and they represent a ton of money for the owners. It's no wonder a disagreement over how the pension plan is funded is a significant hurdle...

I completely understand everything to do with pensions, but in no stratosphere would it EVER be acceptable for a season to be lost over pension issues. Not after how much bigger things have been settled. Owners would throw a fit.

Old
Orca Smash

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika
I don't know how anyone knows what would happen if PA disclaims. We're all guessing.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:45 PM
sharks9

Darren Dutchyshen ‏@dutchysc
The NHL and NHLPA will get a deal done. They are both bleeding money and the fights over.

https://twitter.com/dutchysc/status/286678883988799488

Positivity!

Old
sheed36

I haven't noticed anything from Bob McKenzie today talking about the CBA talks. As he even commented on the happenings today or is he strictly sticking to only WJC talk?

Old
Stats01

Quote:
TSN.ca is now saying that there will be media statements from both sides that they will show following the meetings.

So the media has been tipped off that there will be statements from BOTH sides? Yeah, if they know in advance there is no way it would be to announce a deal. Same old crap. Same thing as last night pretty much.

They'll do it all again tmrw, and Friday.....and Saturday.....or it will all blow up...
It's yet another day where this was all planned from the beginning they set up the press conference they gave some bait to the media and threw it to us, we of course grabbed on to it. I really hope people start to tune out Dreger and all these other guys because really they don't know anything other than the crap they are being fed from either side. This has been one big embarrassing joke. This reminds me of the baseball strike back in 1994. Baseball lost a lot of fans, I hope the league suffers for this. You can't continually play your fan base like idiots.

Old
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Pensions shouldnt be a huge deal for people making millions of dollars in their careers.

Considering you have to play X amount of games (years) to qualify for a pension, and the minimum salary is what $500K, there is no reason they should even need pensions set up for them. Let alone have it be costed to the employer.

It takes normal people 20+ years to receive pensions in a lot of jobs. Its just another luxury the players are money grabbing about.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:46 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Torts Identity View Post
And how many trees have to die for either side to write up a proposal they actually believe can lead to an agreement!

Just more casualties in this incredibly annoying standoff
Wow, that's actually a good point. All these proposals have taken up thousands of pieces of paper.

Take ONE proposal, and work off it. Just mindboggling.

Closed Thread