Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012 Patriots/NFL Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Hnidy Hnight

vCash: 500
RG3 is the real MVP, but won't get consideration being a rookie. Took a 5-11 team to win the toughest division in football, had only a left tackle for pro bowl caliber supporting cast, and 102 passer rating.

Old
12-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
RG3 is the real MVP, but won't get consideration being a rookie. Took a 5-11 team to win the toughest division in football, had only a left tackle for pro bowl caliber supporting cast, and 102 passer rating.
For me, the MVP is AP. RG3 had a great year too but also had Morris with an awesome year to help him offensively.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

If Cincy beats the Texans I bet they beat Denver, they are on a roll and have a pretty good team, I like the AFC wild card teams this year.

We should be able to run all over indy, witch is perfect for the hurry to the line and run offence we use.

GB is hungry now but AP will run them down it comes down to Ponder I think they pull it out, Washington will sneak past seattle in a instant classic OT game.

Second round Minny will pound ATL, who once again will come up short in the play-offs I think they need to play WC weekend to be able to get the monkey off thier back. Washington will lose to SanFran.

Cincy beats denver, we beat cincy who will have had a long emotional run, we get up early and break thier will.
Minny gets to the super bowl, we hold AP to 135 pick Ponder once, win 23-20, on a Gostowski 45 yarder to end regulation.

If GB wins round one they lose to Washington in the Championship.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Power rankings I don;t think Denver is anywere near as good as thier record, still not sure how low to put them. its between 6-10
A lot based on how they are playing now and how much of a playoff team they are, AFC is so weak.
1. Patriots
2. Greenbay
3. Washington
4. Seattle
5. Minny
6. Atlanta
7. SanFran
8. Cincy
9. Denver
10. Indy
11. Texans
12. Ravens

Old
12-31-2012, 12:54 PM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Nobody has any idea how good Denver might be because they have played one of the all-time garbage schedules.

KC (2-14), Oakland (4-12), SD (7-9 and dysfunctional) twice; Carolina, NO, TB (all under .500 and 2 of them at home), Baltimore when they were at their lowest point during the 3 game losing streak.

But they will probably steamroll everyone on the way to a Super Bowl title, just like how all the other Peyton Manning teams have done in the past coming off a bye (except of course for 1999, 2005, 2007, and 2010)

Old
12-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Hnidy Hnight

I understand the skepticism on Denver, but I think they present a problem in a couple ways. Tangible reasons.

1. Manning can expose the secondary as well as anyone in the NFL. They can spread things out and pound on your weakness.

2. The home field. The noise is a challenge as it is, but the altitude is going to make the
hurry up offense suffer some. Brady will do his thing, but the quick snap running game will much harder to execute.

Not sure who id pick yet. It first needs to happen, and I'd need to see who's healthy.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:48 PM
EverettMike

Denver's homefield advantage is a real thing against us because of the altitude.

Going to be a lot harder to run our super-uptempo offense in the thin air.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Maybe the best hurry up offense ever, the early 90's K-gun Buffalo Bills, struggled in their at Denver games. Was it Elway? Was it the altitude? Was it both?

Old
12-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

It's the altitude, and it's a ******** home field advantage.

Regardless something a out Denver just doesn't strike fear in me. Houston is down trending but I still wouldn't have wanted to play them in Houston, same goes for Baltimore to an extent.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Alicat
Charge!

It will be the Patriots vs. either Green Bay or Atlanta in the Superbowl with the Pats winning in a close one.

I am Boston Strong

Old
12-31-2012, 03:45 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Denver's homefield advantage is a real thing against us because of the altitude.

Going to be a lot harder to run our super-uptempo offense in the thin air.
playing Manning is like playing Montreal in Montreal during the playoffs. Guaranteed one major questionable pass interference call.

there is only one team imo that can bet NE and that is Denver in Denver. The Pats can handle all the NFC teams from what I've seen and that includes SF. GB defense is a train wreck and their OL is average on a good day- Rodgers and the WR are great, but the rest is meh.

I'm putting the cart before the horse, but I'm going to be soooooo pissed if Denver takes out NE. Atleast it is not that loud there like the old stadium. Still will be tough IF these two meet up.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Mr Cartmenez

Well, don't think Denver is the runaway favorite. You can't judge a teams chances solely based on their reg. season record. You gotta take out the wins against the lowly teams and look at the W-L record against +.500/playoff-teams.
But it's not like our record is flawless in that regard (3-3?). Should have won in Seattle, but we played like crap in Baltimore. At home vsNiners wasn't much better.

To be honest, Pats-Texans and Broncos-Colts would be 2 great match-ups, but in the end, it will probably come down to us and Denver.
The NFC is wide open if you ask me. I perceive the Falcons as phoney until they prove otherwise. Green Bay and SanFran are dangerous, but even teams like Washington and Seattle (even though they are much tougher at home) could get on a roll.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
If Cincy beats the Texans I bet they beat Denver, they are on a roll and have a pretty good team, I like the AFC wild card teams this year.

We should be able to run all over indy, witch is perfect for the hurry to the line and run offence we use.

GB is hungry now but AP will run them down it comes down to Ponder I think they pull it out, Washington will sneak past seattle in a instant classic OT game.

Second round Minny will pound ATL, who once again will come up short in the play-offs I think they need to play WC weekend to be able to get the monkey off thier back. Washington will lose to SanFran.

Cincy beats denver, we beat cincy who will have had a long emotional run, we get up early and break thier will.
Minny gets to the super bowl, we hold AP to 135 pick Ponder once, win 23-20, on a Gostowski 45 yarder to end regulation.

half right. Cincy will beat Texans but will lose in Denver because at that point Marvin lewis will have already accomplished his goal of winning a playoff game. Plus he will be going up against a rested Manning up in that thin air. That has the potential to be a blowout.

Everything is breaking for Denver this year on the road to the SB. we'll lose in Denver because we always lose in Denver.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Hnidy Hnight

There's no pending injury information (Ninkovich) that would lead me to pick against New England next round. Going in I will pick them against any of the three, and only one opponent concerns me at all.

Colts- would be the most ideal matchup of all three. They can't defend the run, they force very few turnovers, and they can't match a shootout with the Patriots. I'd predict another blowout.

Texans- I've concluded, just can't match up right now. The secondary isn't as good as people thought, JJ Watt can be slowed down by BB, and they just can't slow down the offense enough. Schaub can't be count on in a big game based on last two weeks, and I think they're just soft overall. Weak stuff down the stretch.

Ravens- concern me some. You can say alot of the same things about them as the Texans as far as pass defense and QB play. But here's concerns that would scare me

1. History- Going back to 2007 every meeting has come down to the final play except 2009 Wild Card game. Odds are it's a nail biter in the 4th. They will not be scared or intimidated, definately the most confident of any of three possible teams comming in

2. QB pressure- They can get it frontline inside (Ngata) or outside (Suggs). Can't gameplan one player like Watt.

3. Ray's - Ray Rice is the most explosive, fastest player on either team. Any handoff can go for 6 points.
Inspirational stuff aside, cause I don't completely buy it beyond first play or two, but what Ray Lewis does is similar to Talib's impact on Pats secondary. It gives guys more comfortable, difinitive roles on that defense. Guys are no longer out of place in his absense.

Last edited by Hnidy Hnight: 12-31-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old
01-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Alicat
Charge!

San Francisco signed Billy Cundiff today and Ray Lewis announced his retirement (at the end of the season).

Old
01-02-2013, 01:30 PM
CDJ

Honestly, the only team that scares me in the AFC is the Bengals and we don't have to play them. That defense is aggressive and would present us with some issues.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
San Francisco signed Billy Cundiff today and Ray Lewis announced his retirement (at the end of the season).
Is Ackers really that bad I mean everytime I look up he misses a kick but Cundiff really.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Is Ackers really that bad I mean everytime I look up he misses a kick but Cundiff really.
He's got better numbers but not by much. Kind of a dbag move to make at this point in the season.

i will say that it makes me appreciate Gostkowski and his 6 misses even more.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
He's got better numbers but not by much. Kind of a dbag move to make at this point in the season.

i will say that it makes me appreciate Gostkowski and his 6 misses even more.
How is trying to improve the team a dbag move? Akers has done nothing to warrant having any faith in him at all. Especially on long kicks. Cundiff has his issues, but Akers has been downright horrible. If the Patriots were in that position I'd look to upgrade any way I could too.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Manning is 1-3 after a playoff bye. And people think he's the best QB ever? Give me a flipping break.

I love how all these analysts are forgetting the fact that yeah he's 6-4 at home in the playoffs, all of which were Ina a climate controlled dome. I heard someone mention on 98.5 the other day that he's 3-6 in cold weather games in the playoffs. Have fun playing in Denver then in mid-January

Old
01-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
How is trying to improve the team a dbag move? Akers has done nothing to warrant having any faith in him at all. Especially on long kicks. Cundiff has his issues, but Akers has been downright horrible. If the Patriots were in that position I'd look to upgrade any way I could too.
They've known about Akers' issues for awhile now so I don't understand why they waited so long to make a move. Waiting for the bye week in the playoffs is a bit off.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:38 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
half right. Cincy will beat Texans but will lose in Denver because at that point Marvin lewis will have already accomplished his goal of winning a playoff game. Plus he will be going up against a rested Manning up in that thin air. That has the potential to be a blowout.

Everything is breaking for Denver this year on the road to the SB. we'll lose in Denver because we always lose in Denver.
except for when we destroy them in Denver, like we did last season....

Old
01-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinswincup View Post
except for when we destroy them in Denver, like we did last season....
hehe, good one. even a broken clock is correct twice a day, especially when it plays Tebow.

I'll put that one in the "L" column until they prove me wrong and actually win it.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Quote:

As a native Minnesotan who still follows the Vikings, it blows my mind to see how people outside the Viking fan base see this year's team with fairly high regard. Thus is the power of Adrian Peterson.

Christian Ponder is so, so bad, and outside of a decent TE, he has nothing to throw to in terms of wideouts (for info, AP isn't a pass catching RB and doesn't often play on 3rd down). I'm thrilled as heck they made the offs, because no one who followed that team through 3-13 last year (including 0-fer in the NFCN) saw them doing much this year.

Not coincidentally, this is reason #1 why AP is MVP.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:16 PM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
hehe, good one. even a broken clock is correct twice a day, especially when it plays Tebow.

I'll put that one in the "L" column until they prove me wrong and actually win it.
How many points did we put up on that defense? ....and earlier this season? Denver should be afraid to play us.

Closed Thread