HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 U.S.A. (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 06:53 PM
doakacola*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Im hoping Seiloff destroys RNH
Don 't hold your breath, Seiloff wont see the ice against him. It will be Jones or Trouba out there against him.

Old
01-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
Don 't hold your breath, Seiloff wont see the ice against him. It will be Jones or Trouba out there against him.
Trouba and Sieloff are perfect together

Old
01-02-2013, 07:01 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Trouba and Sieloff are perfect together
Seiloff will be moved back to the #7 d position with the suspension up.

I focused on him today and I noticed him pursuing the puck near the end boards when his partner
who may have been Trouba was engaged on the wall with the puck carrier on two separate occasions leaving a forward to guard the front of the net. Stuff like that scares the beejesus out of coaches.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:06 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:

I focused on him today and I noticed him pursuing the puck near the end boards when his partner
who may have been Trouba was engaged on the wall with the puck carrier on two separate occasions leaving a forward to guard the front of the net. Stuff like that scares the beejesus out of coaches.
I would be shocked if they split these two up as they have really played well together and balanced out the other pairings. Ghost wont slide back into that slot imo, I think he might drop down a pairing as Sieloff and Trouba have been playing as partners for some 7 years...why even split that up as long as Sieloff looks like he can keep up which he has done nicely these past few games. he isnt perfect and does try and rush they play abit too much for his skillset, but his physical play and crease battles will beneeded against Canada tomorrow.

him and Trouba will be set some fear into any player that wants to cross ice in thir zone or dump it in...

Old
01-02-2013, 07:16 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

Sieloff's hockey IQ and decision-making are absolutely horrid. He's physical, has decent puck skills and can skate very well, but those are scary deficiencies out of a defensive defenseman.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:23 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Sieloff's hockey IQ and decision-making are absolutely horrid. He's physical, has decent puck skills and can skate very well, but those are scary deficiencies out of a defensive defenseman.
You summarized his game quite well. I assume you must have seen his "wandering " at least one
of the two times. I couldn't 't believe what he was doing.

He does in fact skate well but man if your 20 feet away from the net standing next to your d partner
on his side you better hope the other teams player doesn't get a good look.

Last edited by doakacola*: 01-03-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old
01-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

vCash: 50
Quote:
You summarized his game quite well. I assume you must have seen his "wandering " at least one

He does in fact skate well but man if your 20 feet away from the net standing next to your d partner
I did cringe when I saw that play you said above, on the PK

But to me that's agressive PK more than anything

Old
01-02-2013, 07:33 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
every player is entitled to a few cringe moments. hell Seth Jones has made me cringe honestly 6-7 times this tourney with terrible bonehead coverage, passes, etc... yet noone is saying to drop his ass down the pairings.

Seiloff has played well with getting thrusted into more playing time unexpectedly..I doubt they drop him down away from Trouba, but I am fine either as Ghost is a very solid two way player as well.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:38 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

I remember those plays, and he's been doing it all tournament. I also watched him rip a shot and miss the net by feet only to wrap around the boards and nearly cause an odd man rush. He also goes for the big hit and leaves himself out of position quite often.

He can definitely be useful but he needs to reign it in. He reminds me a ton of Steve Eminger. With the right coaching, or Tortorella in "Spazzy Steve"'s case, he is pretty valuable and plays within his means.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:40 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
every player is entitled to a few cringe moments. hell Seth Jones has made me cringe honestly 6-7 times this tourney with terrible bonehead coverage, passes, etc... yet noone is saying to drop his ass down the pairings.

Seiloff has played well with getting thrusted into more playing time unexpectedly..I doubt they drop him down away from Trouba, but I am fine either as Ghost is a very solid two way player as well.
I agree that Jones has had his moments of WTF. However we both know Jones can consistently do positive things Seiloff only does in his dreams.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:46 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post

And I haven't been shy to call out Jones. But he is much more effective offensively, defensively and transition-wise then Sieloff, who is considered a defensive defenseman.

I'm also not talking completely about his tournament, more so evaluating him as a player.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:05 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
And I haven't been shy to call out Jones. But he is much more effective offensively, defensively and transition-wise then Sieloff, who is considered a defensive defenseman.

I'm also not talking completely about his tournament, more so evaluating him as a player.
agreed.

I also agree on your Sieloff comment when he pinches.. I was in shock to see him pinch all the way in and just go completely out of position for his skillset. if he sticks to his bread and butter he should do just fine..but if he goes all mental and thinks he is Phil Housley Jr..he will find his ass on the bench,

Old
01-03-2013, 01:41 AM
magic school bus

This team is really peaking at the right time - partly because of the great puck luck lately but it's a great sign to see Gaudreau, Jones, Miller, etc out making the plays we all know they can. The PK And Gibson are still red hot. Eventhough we have to face Canada, I couldn't be more confident in this group than I am right now.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:51 AM
William H Bonney

Per Rob Simpson (@simmerpuck), expect Ghost as the #7 d-man and Lucia the 13th forward.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Per Rob Simpson (@simmerpuck), expect Ghost as the #7 d-man and Lucia the 13th forward.
It's weird, I thought Lucia played really well in that first preliminary game, and was one of the better forwards on the team, active both offensively and on the PK. But then he just disappeared. I didn't know anything about him before the tournament started, though, so I don't know what role he was supposed to be playing on the team.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:22 AM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Im hoping Seiloff destroys RNH

Team Canada would love it if Seiloff was on the ice at the same time as RNH.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:59 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
It's weird, I thought Lucia played really well in that first preliminary game, and was one of the better forwards on the team, active both offensively and on the PK. But then he just disappeared. I didn't know anything about him before the tournament started, though, so I don't know what role he was supposed to be playing on the team.
He's a scorer. I also thought he's played well but the management clearly disagrees.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Teekko

How has Vesey looked since being moved up?

Old
01-03-2013, 04:39 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

McCabe has made me look like an idiot in this tournament. Love to see it.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:41 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by teko74 View Post
How has Vesey looked since being moved up?
Outstanding

Old
01-03-2013, 04:53 AM
William H Bonney

I think it may be safer to post in here than the GDT.

The third goal of this game is almost as important as the 1st. US has blown a lot of leads to Canada in this tournament. Must come out with the same intensity and focus as the first.

01-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Xokkeu

I won't feel safe until the final whistle blows. Canada hasn't shown that they have what it takes to comeback so far, but too much talent to be complacent.

Also we continue to have some catastrophic breakdowns and Gibson can only make so many amazing saves.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:32 AM
William H Bonney

Would have been nice to build the lead up even more but credit to Binnington as he came in cold and made some big saves.

Team still can't let up. Canada has too much firepower and one goal could really jump start them. I want more goals.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:35 AM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Would have been nice to build the lead up even more but credit to Binnington as he came in cold and made some big saves.

Team still can't let up. Canada has too much firepower and one goal could really jump start them. I want more goals.
couldnt agree more. when it was 3-0 my stomach got queasy when RNH came over the blue line with the puck. just cant take them lightly in a game like this

Old
01-03-2013, 05:37 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

They just have to keep playing the way they are now. No falling back into a defensive shell in the third trying to protect the lead as that might give the Canadians the space they need to gain momentum. No crazy risks or anything but just keep the pressure on in all zones.

Closed Thread