HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Assassin's Creed 3

Old
11-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Eytinge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Just finished it, not sure how I feel. Ending is pretty weird, especially since the Desmond story has been my favourite part of the AC's
Spoil:
Yeah I just finished it and the Desmond ending definitely was weaksauce. But I was expecting the Desmond story to have a weak ending for awhile now, just didn't see how it could end well with all the weird god stuff.

Liked Connor a lot more than I thought I would, and Hathway was a pretty cool villain as well. Just wish they didn't spoil the Hathway "surprise" with a bio early in the game. I groaned when I read it lol.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 02:28 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Oh my god, 100% synch for sabotaging the boats during the battle of bunker hill was absolutely ridiculous. Lots of trial and error to figure it out. Nearly broke my controller a few times.

Got to love that if you use something like a poison dart and restart the memory you start 1 short.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:48 PM
ColonialsHockey10

There was really that much whining about the chasing Hickey?

I just took a couple of trial and error runs trying to cut him off in different alleyways. Finished it 100 sync in no longer then 15 minutes.

Trying to eavesdrop on the mobile conversation right beforehand was significantly more difficult in my opinion.

Raiding the ships during Bunker Hill was also about 20x more frustrating and difficult.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Towers
I got so lucky with chasing Hickey. He ran into a NPC at the very beginning and they shoved him back into me.

Was so goddamned funny.

Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Okay, somebody PLEASE help me (if you can). I am on sequence 12 where you board the ship and perform two eavesdrops. I've cleared all of the guards on the boat but the second eavesdrop (the captain, at the back of the boat) simply won't initiate. I'm standing inside the designated circle and obviously, to get this far, I've performed dozens of eavesdrops throughout the game, so I know HOW to do it, but something isn't clicking and the eavesdrop won't work. I've tried changing my position, hanging above the window, standing just outside it, climbing the building, leaving the circle and returning, etc. I believe it's an error in the game, but if anyone has had this problem, please let me know how you solved it. I'm going mad here.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:03 PM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Okay, somebody PLEASE help me (if you can). I am on sequence 12 where you board the ship and perform two eavesdrops. I've cleared all of the guards on the boat but the second eavesdrop (the captain, at the back of the boat) simply won't initiate. I'm standing inside the designated circle and obviously, to get this far, I've performed dozens of eavesdrops throughout the game, so I know HOW to do it, but something isn't clicking and the eavesdrop won't work. I've tried changing my position, hanging above the window, standing just outside it, climbing the building, leaving the circle and returning, etc. I believe it's an error in the game, but if anyone has had this problem, please let me know how you solved it. I'm going mad here.
Yeah that has to be an error in the game. I don't think it matters where you are in the circle as long as you're in it. So I think its something wrong in the game. Maybe try restarting the mission?

kingsboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:22 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsboy11 View Post
Yeah that has to be an error in the game. I don't think it matters where you are in the circle as long as you're in it. So I think its something wrong in the game. Maybe try restarting the mission?
I've tried that. I've been stuck at this point for a few days. When I turn the game on, it begins from the latest checkpoint, which is right after completing the first of the two eavesdrops. I've tried restarting the mission entirely as well, from the point when Connor tries to confront Lee at the very beginning of the sequence. No luck. Furious.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:12 AM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

Quote:
I've tried that. I've been stuck at this point for a few days. When I turn the game on, it begins from the latest checkpoint, which is right after completing the first of the two eavesdrops. I've tried restarting the mission entirely as well, from the point when Connor tries to confront Lee at the very beginning of the sequence. No luck. Furious.
Dang that sucks then. I don't know what to tell you.

kingsboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Sorry if this is off topic, but I dont wanna google search and spoil anything, but I met some dudes around a campfire in the Frontier (I'm on sequence 11), who asked me to track down and kill a Sasquatch for them. Ten days later, still nothing. Is this a wild goose chase or am I missing something on Big Foot?

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Sorry if this is off topic, but I dont wanna google search and spoil anything, but I met some dudes around a campfire in the Frontier (I'm on sequence 11), who asked me to track down and kill a Sasquatch for them. Ten days later, still nothing. Is this a wild goose chase or am I missing something on Big Foot?
It isn't a wild goose chase. I don't remember it well as I haven't played the game in months since I finished my 100% completion, but, without spoiling anything, I will say that the quest does lead somewhere, and you're looking for a cave. I want to say it was in the northwestern part of the map, near water or a lake, but that is a random guess off the top of my head.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:45 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It isn't a wild goose chase. I don't remember it well as I haven't played the game in months since I finished my 100% completion, but, without spoiling anything, I will say that the quest does lead somewhere, and you're looking for a cave. I want to say it was in the northwestern part of the map, near water or a lake, but that is a random guess off the top of my head.
The game came out 40 days ago...? Just saying.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
The game came out 40 days ago...? Just saying.
A month then Since I did 100% completion within 10 days of getting it. Been really busy through this semester with a ridiculously hard course load. I don't even know what year it is anymore...

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:01 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
A month then Since I did 100% completion within 10 days of getting it. Been really busy through this semester with a ridiculously hard course load. I don't even know what year it is anymore...
I hear you. Definitely don't miss those days.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Just started the game now, anyone else feel stupid climbing the wall at the opera house in front of a gigantic crowd? I thought these games were supposed to be about stealth and strategy, I find it hard to believe no one would notice an idiot climbing the wall right beside them.

I feel like the AC games are drawing more towards action instead of strategy.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:24 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

They were always more action than strategy. The only thing nudging the game towards a stealthy approach are the parameters to get 100% sync.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 05:46 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Are the four extra missions on the PS3 version worth it? I've heard the game has some bugs, is the 360 version less buggy?

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 11:40 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Still can't get past this. 12 days now. Posted it on the ubisoft forums and never received any responses. Infuriating. Literally can't have the satisfaction of finishing the little bit of game that remains because of a stupid glitch.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Anyone know of a good site that has intelligent discussion or theories about the AC series? I went to the official Ubisoft AC forum and that was well, not very good...

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:51 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 90
Got a question, if you unlock Achilles outfit, do you have to keep unlocking it for every time you play the game?

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Just started the game now, anyone else feel stupid climbing the wall at the opera house in front of a gigantic crowd? I thought these games were supposed to be about stealth and strategy, I find it hard to believe no one would notice an idiot climbing the wall right beside them.

I feel like the AC games are drawing more towards action instead of strategy.
AC3 is full of stupid to be honest.

AC2 was a fantastic game, with just the right mix of historical and out-of-Animus stuff, in a fantastic setting with memorable characters who were properly introduced to the player.
You felt a connection to Ezio and completely understood his actions and what drove him.
The mini-games were short (riddles) and not twitch-based, and the side content was enough to keep you occupied.

AC3?
I'm on Sequence 10 now, and while the game is visually stunning and the physics are amazing (running in knee-deep snow?? freaking awesome), the game itself has been a huge letdown for me.

- Connor is a ****** and I don't even understand why he would do certain things half the time (best thing is neither do the writers... at one point G. Washington asks him why does he want to help him - I couldn't tell either at that point - and Connor's reply is "Does it matter?)
- the setting is simply not as interesting or intriguing as the Borgia Italy (especially Tuscany in AC2, less so Rome in Brotherhood)
- stealth gaming has been reduced to scraps ... it's nowhere near as effective as in AC2, and more often than not you end up just plowing through a sea of Englishmen
- story is just... bland, boring, completely uninteresting... which might have to do with:
- characters not being properly developed... In AC2 you hated Cesare and Rodrigo, while here these historical figures just seemed to be thrown in for the sake of players going "OOooo Paul Revere"...
Has ****** all to do with properly developing the plot, but in the end, all these people are completely forgettable.
- the mini-games?
Who the hell thought it would be fun to put in twitch based crap like fighting wild animals?
Or the boats? What the hell is that? I didn't want to play Pirates of the Carribean...
Checkers, Mill, etc. Crafting and components?

Anyway, as someone who loved AC2 and played it 3 or 4 times...

AC2 felt like a proper game with artistic integrity, thought out and planned as a stealth based action-adventure game with decent combat system.

AC3 feels just the opposite. No stealth, clunky combat with a bazillion things thrown in to make the game bigger - but all these things feel unnecessary and obsolete (crafting, table games, naval combat, etc.).

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
LOL same **** happened to me man, finished it in prolly 5 days span, 44 hours in total

However there were so many things that bugged me, this game was freaking full of glitches and bs it was insane.

Also I don't know about you guys I want to story theorize a bit about the possibility of what happens next, this video is actually pretty interesting. Take a watch:

WARNING SPOILERS IN THIS VID:

01-03-2013, 08:59 AM
hoss75

Does it get better? Played the Haytham part, that was weak. Lot's of story, little to actually do. Now I'm some idiotic kid catching rabbits.... I'm half tempted to return the game.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
Does it get better? Played the Haytham part, that was weak. Lot's of story, little to actually do. Now I'm some idiotic kid catching rabbits.... I'm half tempted to return the game.
Lol that is the exact same point where it almost lost me as well. Just keep going it gets much better. I actually am really enjoying this game! Just power through for the next little while and it gets better.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 10:04 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
AC3 is full of stupid to be honest.

AC2 was a fantastic game, with just the right mix of historical and out-of-Animus stuff, in a fantastic setting with memorable characters who were properly introduced to the player.
You felt a connection to Ezio and completely understood his actions and what drove him.
The mini-games were short (riddles) and not twitch-based, and the side content was enough to keep you occupied.

AC3?
I'm on Sequence 10 now, and while the game is visually stunning and the physics are amazing (running in knee-deep snow?? freaking awesome), the game itself has been a huge letdown for me.

- Connor is a ****** and I don't even understand why he would do certain things half the time (best thing is neither do the writers... at one point G. Washington asks him why does he want to help him - I couldn't tell either at that point - and Connor's reply is "Does it matter?)
- the setting is simply not as interesting or intriguing as the Borgia Italy (especially Tuscany in AC2, less so Rome in Brotherhood)
- stealth gaming has been reduced to scraps ... it's nowhere near as effective as in AC2, and more often than not you end up just plowing through a sea of Englishmen
- story is just... bland, boring, completely uninteresting... which might have to do with:
- characters not being properly developed... In AC2 you hated Cesare and Rodrigo, while here these historical figures just seemed to be thrown in for the sake of players going "OOooo Paul Revere"...
Has ****** all to do with properly developing the plot, but in the end, all these people are completely forgettable.
- the mini-games?
Who the hell thought it would be fun to put in twitch based crap like fighting wild animals?
Or the boats? What the hell is that? I didn't want to play Pirates of the Carribean...
Checkers, Mill, etc. Crafting and components?

Anyway, as someone who loved AC2 and played it 3 or 4 times...

AC2 felt like a proper game with artistic integrity, thought out and planned as a stealth based action-adventure game with decent combat system.

AC3 feels just the opposite. No stealth, clunky combat with a bazillion things thrown in to make the game bigger - but all these things feel unnecessary and obsolete (crafting, table games, naval combat, etc.).
No, you're totally right.

Spoil:
playing as the ****ing villain for 5 hours reallllly prevents you from growing an attachment

Most of these are just flat out terrible criticisms. The Revolutionary War may not be as interesting to you, but it is to many others. I too prefer Italy, but that doesn't change the fact that this game's setting and world were fantastic.

AC games have always been a little light on the advertised stealth, but it is completely available if you try to do it, along with getting 100 sync. Many of the 100 sync requirements are based completely around stealth.

The naval combat was arguably the best part of the entire game. It was designed fantastically and was a very temporary break from the game if you wanted it to be (Church aside). You didn't have to do the naval side missions.

Yes, Connor was a weak character, and things like reaction fighting (wolves) were unnecessary, but most of your criticisms are very weak.

Last edited by ColonialsHockey10: 01-03-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old
01-03-2013, 11:47 AM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 90
lol AC3 doesn't have alot of glitches, i only encountered 3

hunting in this game was fun,

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote