Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Shaun
twitter:shaunjamesss

vCash: 500
Providence Bruins ‏@AHLBruins
Forwards Jared Knight and Tyler Randell have been reassigned to the @SCStingrays. Read more here: http://*******/TI3tj7 #Bruins

Old
01-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Bruins1726

Knight was sent down for rehab right?

Old
01-02-2013, 03:54 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins1726 View Post
Makes sense ... he could probably use a few games to get up to speed.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:30 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he hasn't played in a couple months so a few games down south should do him some good for getting back into shape.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:38 PM
RussellmaniaKW

so if teams did get moved/added to some of the cities discussed, what would you guys like to see them called?

I think the Seattle Whalers would be perfect if only to have an excuse to bring back the Whalers' jerseys.

The Quebec team would obviously be the Nordiques.

No idea what a Kansas City team would be.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Was at the B's game couple years back when Savard came back briefly (and Caron was sent upstairs to watch). Bumped into Caron in between periods and he was having an EXTREMELY animated conversation in French with someone who could have been a friend/agent.

Pure speculation on my part, but it looked like the person was trying to calm Caron down? JC looked like his dog had been run over (twice), his GF cheated on him, and someone peed in his Cheerios all in one morning.

I like my players to have some emotion and not be happy about sitting, but did he really think that he should be in the lineup over Savard?

I have heard whispers that he does not have the best attitude, but that could be BS?
Well, it's difficult IMHO to make judgements from that because for all we know maybe he was upset because his dog did get run over and his girlfriend was cheating on him, and it had nothing whatsoever to do with what was happening on the ice.

Did you ever read "Faithful" by Steven O'Nan and Stephen King? There was a passage in that book that O'Nan wrote that's always stayed with me, when he went off on Curtis Leskanic because Leskanic shook his head after somebody hit a massive home run off him, saying something like "Why are you shaking your head, you idiot?" being all furious about it, like Leskanic was mad at the hitter. How did he know what Leskanic was thinking? Perhaps he was shaking his head because he was upset with himself. "I can't believe I threw that pitch!" not "I can't believe he hit that pitch!"

Old
01-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Spooner looked really good tonight in Portland. Check out his goal on theahl.com whenever they add the highlights, pretty nice.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:

From csnne:

So rather than a straight demotion from the AHL club, the trip to South Carolina likely gives Knight a chance to knock off the rust while working himself back into full playing shape. Indications are that Knight could be back with Providence as quickly as next week after getting his feet wet in a few games.

Tyler Randell was also sent to South Carolina.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...13&feedID=5364

Old
01-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro Bandwagoner View Post
Spooner looked really good tonight in Portland. Check out his goal on theahl.com whenever they add the highlights, pretty nice.

Too bad they lost 2-1 after outshooting Portland 49-31.

AHL game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1011009

Old
01-03-2013, 05:58 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
so if teams did get moved/added to some of the cities discussed, what would you guys like to see them called?

I think the Seattle Whalers would be perfect if only to have an excuse to bring back the Whalers' jerseys.

The Quebec team would obviously be the Nordiques.

No idea what a Kansas City team would be.
I wanna say that the whalers name is tied into hartford. Theres the connecticut whale already. The Whalers name goes back to the WHA so I don't know if the NHL got the rights after the whalers moved to carolina. Quebec should always be the nordiques.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:46 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Well, it's difficult IMHO to make judgements from that because for all we know maybe he was upset because his dog did get run over and his girlfriend was cheating on him, and it had nothing whatsoever to do with what was happening on the ice.

Did you ever read "Faithful" by Steven O'Nan and Stephen King? There was a passage in that book that O'Nan wrote that's always stayed with me, when he went off on Curtis Leskanic because Leskanic shook his head after somebody hit a massive home run off him, saying something like "Why are you shaking your head, you idiot?" being all furious about it, like Leskanic was mad at the hitter. How did he know what Leskanic was thinking? Perhaps he was shaking his head because he was upset with himself. "I can't believe I threw that pitch!" not "I can't believe he hit that pitch!"
I get what you are saying, but it doesn't apply here. I was there and he most certainly was not upset at himself

It could have been anything, but combined with the fact that after he was sent down to PRO, Caron did nothing for the better part of a month, guessing he was a little upset at the demotion (which is fine), AND let it affect his play (which is not fine).

To his credit he rebounded nicely later on. Have only seen him once this year, and didn't even realize he was playing until halfway through the game.

Last edited by GloryDaze4877: 01-03-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old
01-03-2013, 08:43 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
From csnne:

So rather than a straight demotion from the AHL club, the trip to South Carolina likely gives Knight a chance to knock off the rust while working himself back into full playing shape. Indications are that Knight could be back with Providence as quickly as next week after getting his feet wet in a few games.

Tyler Randell was also sent to South Carolina.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...13&feedID=5364
Knight I believe is coming right back on Monday after the weekend in South Carolina and Florida.

They want him to get in some games and get a bunch of ice time.

Also, the lockout IF it ever ends (I am now hearing if they can't find something to argue or disagree about to prolong this they will reach out to the fans- FINALLY on a poll on NHL.com for the best idea) that a few guys will be called up next week as Knight and probably Randell return.

Knight has had a rough go with the hamstring but appears to be good to go- and not like his career is over- kid still is not old enough to drink legally in US.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Too bad they lost 2-1 after outshooting Portland 49-31.

AHL game summary: http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1011009
Well I was rooting for the top B's prospects to play well and the Pirates to win...so it kind of worked out nicely for me.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Malt
#wpri12steve

PBruins up 1-0 early in the first against Portland....Bourque with his 6th goal in 6 games.

Portland quickly ties it on the PP after some sloppy PK by the Bs.

Portland gets another one on a PP...Bruins NEED TO STAY OUT OF THE BOX.

Glad to see Sauve back, he needs to pot one though.

Exelby vs. Brown...not much of a fight. Exely doesn't throw those lefts like used to, for sure. Roughing penalties only.

Louis vs. Robins after Robins decks a player in the Portland zone...Louis is a big boy but Robins holds his own. But Providence goes back on the PK after Robins is accessed a charging minor.

Providence ties it up as the teams were in 4 on 4 mode....Bartkowski buries one.

2-2 after the first. Entertaining first, but Providence needs to tighten up play in their own zone.

Still tied 2-2 early in the second.

Portland about to go on their 5th PP of the night...PBees are pushing their luck here.

Krug vs. Shinnimin....battle of the little guys....after a long square off, Krug lands a couple rights and Shinnimin's jersey comes up. Krug gets an extra 2 for roughing.

I don't know who's doing the camera tonight att he Dunk, but it took him a full 15 seconds to locate the Krug fight....Christ.

2-2 after 2.

My internet connection crapped out before the third period, but rumor is that Whitfield scored the game winner late in the third, PBees win 3-2.

Just saw the final few minutes of the game...I can't believe the ref fell for a ridiculous and obvious dive by Bolduc that allowed the Pirates to have a 6 on 4 advantage for the final half-minute or so...diving, by ALL players has got to stop.

Last edited by Malt: 01-05-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old
01-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Fire Julien

Caron has not returned for the second period. Looks like he was holding his left forearm racing to gate. Didn't look good.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:15 PM
bruinsden
PRO/BOS Bruins!!!

Looked like Caron took a hard slash in the 2nd. Didn't see him the rest of the game.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:30 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Per Mark Divver tweet a half hour ago- Caron out 3 weeks per Cassidy with upper body injury.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:19 PM
gorskic

Send a message via AIM to gorskic Send a message via Yahoo to gorskic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I wanna say that the whalers name is tied into hartford. Theres the connecticut whale already. The Whalers name goes back to the WHA so I don't know if the NHL got the rights after the whalers moved to carolina. Quebec should always be the nordiques.
Until a couple years ago, the Whalers name and marks were the property of the State of Connecticut, which retained that property when it sold the franchise to the devil Karmanos.

The state failed to keep up the trademark registration, so they reverted to the NHL per the franchise sale agreement. Hence the avalanche of faux vintage Whalers crap every frat boy wannabe and self-proclaimed "old-skül hockey fan" in this state have been wearing.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Caron has not returned for the second period. Looks like he was holding his left forearm racing to gate. Didn't look good.
This would be the first bit of hustle he's had all season unless he's only resting during the Portland games.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:13 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Knight scoreless last night with the Stingrays ...

Bust

Old
01-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Corp

Anybody have a replay of the Robbins charge? I was at the game but on the other end of the ice. It looked like he absolutely ran over the guy, but I'd like to get another look at it to see how bad it was.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:48 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corp View Post
Anybody have a replay of the Robbins charge? I was at the game but on the other end of the ice. It looked like he absolutely ran over the guy, but I'd like to get another look at it to see how bad it was.

From what I gathered I think he went after the guy who had caused Carons injury. He challenged the guy (Loius??) right before it and got a decline, so he then took a huge charge at him but didn't really get all of him. I think the guy he charged was the one who got right up and fought him.

Nvm most of what I said originally was wrong, he went after Brodeur and Loius stepped in for him. Its in the highlight video on ahl.com

Last edited by roflstomper: 01-05-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 07:49 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
PBruins up 1-0 early in the first against Portland....Bourque with his 6th goal in 6 games.

Portland quickly ties it on the PP after some sloppy PK by the Bs.

Portland gets another one on a PP...Bruins NEED TO STAY OUT OF THE BOX.

Glad to see Sauve back, he needs to pot one though.

Exelby vs. Brown...not much of a fight. Exely doesn't throw those lefts like used to, for sure. Roughing penalties only.

Louis vs. Robins after Robins decks a player in the Portland zone...Louis is a big boy but Robins holds his own. But Providence goes back on the PK after Robins is accessed a charging minor.

Providence ties it up as the teams were in 4 on 4 mode....Bartkowski buries one.

2-2 after the first. Entertaining first, but Providence needs to tighten up play in their own zone.

Still tied 2-2 early in the second.

Portland about to go on their 5th PP of the night...PBees are pushing their luck here.

Krug vs. Shinnimin....battle of the little guys....after a long square off, Krug lands a couple rights and Shinnimin's jersey comes up. Krug gets an extra 2 for roughing.

I don't know who's doing the camera tonight att he Dunk, but it took him a full 15 seconds to locate the Krug fight....Christ.

2-2 after 2.

My internet connection crapped out before the third period, but rumor is that Whitfield scored the game winner late in the third, PBees win 3-2.

Just saw the final few minutes of the game...I can't believe the ref fell for a ridiculous and obvious dive by Bolduc that allowed the Pirates to have a 6 on 4 advantage for the final half-minute or so...diving, by ALL players has got to stop.
Must be the same person in charge of the PB`s official website, it`s so busy it`s confusing

Old
01-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Who do the P bruins have to give up for a week to the Bruins?, Beyond.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Who do the P bruins have to give up for a week to the Bruins?, Beyond.
With Caron out, I think any of Bourque, Spooner, MacDermid, Sauve, and even Tardif are in play up front.

On D, I'd expect Krug to get the call with Trotman and Miller being long shots ...

However it shakes out, one thing will be certain ... Providence is going to get a little bit lighter.

Closed Thread