HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade Period Opens.....? Who's buying, who's selling?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2013, 04:28 PM
  #376
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...48184061333504

I wonder if this is just speculation or if they've already made up their minds and are targeting Noel.
It is possible since Noel is a local player but he is not the surefire no.1 overall pick at this point. The top4 of Roy, Roy, Noel and Beauvilier is very evenly matched. They may end up getting him 3rd or 4th overall without having to make additional trades.

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:53 PM
  #377
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Wow Tesink got them a top 5 pick...

I geuss this means BBA is gone from the Huberdeau sweepstakes.

Wow, I would not want to play BBA in the playoffs...

I don't think they are done, they had a rough month.


Does SJ have anything left to move ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:56 PM
  #378
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Tesink deal is a good one, but SJ probably could've got more... It will be a top 5, so they have a good shot at getting Noel.

The other SJ move is a good one too. Confusing for Bathurst. Aidan Kelly is not that good, a 4th liner... To trade a 17yo (even if he's not playing) for a guy who will be around on your 4th line for half a year is confusing... Doucet could be in SJ for three years, so we'll see how it plays out.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:09 PM
  #379
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Your right, maybe there's more at the draft ?

There's supposed to be more deals... Lets see what happens.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:48 PM
  #380
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Your right, maybe there's more at the draft ?

There's supposed to be more deals... Lets see what happens.
I could see something going SJ's way conditional if Tesink plays in the Q next season..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:09 PM
  #381
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Tesink deal is a good one, but SJ probably could've got more... It will be a top 5, so they have a good shot at getting Noel.

The other SJ move is a good one too. Confusing for Bathurst. Aidan Kelly is not that good, a 4th liner... To trade a 17yo (even if he's not playing) for a guy who will be around on your 4th line for half a year is confusing... Doucet could be in SJ for three years, so we'll see how it plays out.
Doucet was the 8th D behind
the regulars in Bathurst and the Titan have quite a few lined up for next season like MacNeil,Gauthier,etc....
He will have a better chance of getting ice time in SJ than Bathurst.

To trade him against a 3rd-4th liner 19 YO with size and who has Mem Cup experience is not a bad deal for the Titan whichever way you want to swing it....

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:46 PM
  #382
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,930
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I could see something going SJ's way conditional if Tesink plays in the Q next season..
The deal is final. No compensation.

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:48 PM
  #383
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
The deal is final. No compensation.
There is no pick going back for the 1st RDer that does not mean there would be no compensation if Tesink returned as an overage player

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 07:02 PM
  #384
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
I didn't think Tesink would fetch a top 5 pick, I was thinking 1st, player, prospect.

All in all I'm a little dissapointed. But if we get Noel... He and Highmore can lead the offence.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:08 AM
  #385
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
Really thought Tesink would end up in Halifax.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:22 AM
  #386
forecheck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI Rocket Fan View Post
I heard a rumor at the rink last night that Serge Savard really likes Ross Johnston and there might be a trade coming that looks like this


To PEI-Ross Johnston and Cole Holowenko
To Moncton-Maxime Lagace and a draft pick
If Serge like him so much why didnt he draft him ?? Kid was a 6th round pick in the Q draft and was playing midget right in his own backyard..I think that outlines the ongoing problems with your franchise.

forecheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 04:32 AM
  #387
Dasachtach
Bluenoser
 
Dasachtach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
Wrong thread.

Dasachtach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:36 AM
  #388
Bjindaho
Registered User
 
Bjindaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Doucet was the 8th D behind
the regulars in Bathurst and the Titan have quite a few lined up for next season like MacNeil,Gauthier,etc....
He will have a better chance of getting ice time in SJ than Bathurst.

To trade him against a 3rd-4th liner 19 YO with size and who has Mem Cup experience is not a bad deal for the Titan whichever way you want to swing it....
He's 8th at 17. He will get better and will move up the depth chart (hopefully). Aidan Kelly was our 12th best forward most nights. And he's 19. You would have been better off asking Gallant to play that role for now.

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 06:59 AM
  #389
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
He's 8th at 17. He will get better and will move up the depth chart (hopefully). Aidan Kelly was our 12th best forward most nights. And he's 19. You would have been better off asking Gallant to play that role for now.
Couldnt agree more. And CHSB stating that getting a player with Mem cup experience is always a good deal....maybe if Kelly would have played, but, if i remember correctly he was even a healthy scratch in some games. This trade makes no sense for Bathurst. Even worse if they expect to bring him back as a 20 next year.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:08 AM
  #390
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
I probably sould have expressed myself better...

Kelly will add size and puck control improvement down deep and along the boards and in the defensive zone to our 3rd-4th lines.

We have a lot of guys with skills for these lines like Lafontaine/Zboril/Pelletier and some with good defensive game like Stevens, but the Titan were lacking size since Davis' departuer and Banville's trade.
Adding Walsh and Kelly to Salvail will help greatly in that department.
if Walsh and Kelly make up some of your 3rd line, you should be selling and not buying. Kelly was a 12th forward on a rebuilding st-john team. He has not been able to get out of the 4th line for 3yrs now. This will not help Bathurst win games....which at last look in the standings, is what they need to do soon if they want to still call themselves contenders

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:31 AM
  #391
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
if Walsh and Kelly make up some of your 3rd line, you should be selling and not buying. Kelly was a 12th forward on a rebuilding st-john team. He has not been able to get out of the 4th line for 3yrs now. This will not help Bathurst win games....which at last look in the standings, is what they need to do soon if they want to still call themselves contenders
Right now Zdrahal is injured, so we might see Kelly on the 3rd line for a little while if Salvail does not do the job.
But I fully expect Stevens and Lafontaine on the 3rd line...

I don't know though if they will try Pelletier on the 2nd line while Zdrahal is out.

For me Walsh is the mystery as he had 1 goal and 1 assist in his first game.
Any way, I really think the Titan improved their D but the offense is a question mark in the case of Walsh and Kelly....Pelletier will be a nice addition.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:35 AM
  #392
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
He's 8th at 17. He will get better and will move up the depth chart (hopefully). Aidan Kelly was our 12th best forward most nights. And he's 19. You would have been better off asking Gallant to play that role for now.
Don't think for one minute that I did not want Gallant back at Christmas....I did.

But....LGM wants to go up in the standings a few ranks to be able to go past the 1st round...
Kelly is experienced.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:36 AM
  #393
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Couldnt agree more. And CHSB stating that getting a player with Mem cup experience is always a good deal....maybe if Kelly would have played, but, if i remember correctly he was even a healthy scratch in some games. This trade makes no sense for Bathurst. Even worse if they expect to bring him back as a 20 next year.
Kelly will be here for this year only.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
  #394
Bjindaho
Registered User
 
Bjindaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Don't think for one minute that I did not want Gallant back at Christmas....I did.

But....LGM wants to go up in the standings a few ranks to be able to go past the 1st round...
Kelly is experienced.
He should have offered a low pick for Kelly then moved someone like Houle to clear up icetime for Doucet.

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:34 AM
  #395
chsb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
He should have offered a low pick for Kelly then moved someone like Houle to clear up icetime for Doucet.
And... I don't expect Houle to be back next year either....

What I believe is that the Titan have plans already lined up for another D.

I hear a lot of good things about Alex MacNeil the Titan got from Sherbrooke:

http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/show/id/10217

Doucet is a nice and serious kid who will learn under Kelly no doubt and he was not getting the needed ice time in Bathurst.

I expect the following next season:

Girard(20)
Godin(20)
Robert(19)
Gosselin(18)
Gingras(18)
MacNeil(18)
Gauthier(18)

Plus next picks....

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 12:56 PM
  #396
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Matt Murphy asked for a trade.....

Eagles traded Guevremont to Chicoutime for a 3rd.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:27 PM
  #397
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Matt Murphy asked for a trade.....

Eagles traded Guevremont to Chicoutime for a 3rd.
It really sucks watching the Eagles management, fans, and players go through this... The organization is in shambles since Pascal left...

I have many relatives in CB, and the Eagles are like a second team to me... It's a shame they have the amount of players asking to leave as they do... Something, or someone needs to happen, or make a big statement. Trade Carrier, get alot of assets to build on your 95-97s and be patient... It's hard, but they need a true rebuild.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:30 PM
  #398
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Kelly will be here for this year only.
That's what I don't like about it. Kelly isn't a 20yo except on Shawi or Sherbrooke, and he doesn't have trade value... So while the Titan don't lose this deal, it's not really necessary IMO... Especially when you have guys that you want in the line-up(if there's injuries)...

Not sure what their status is, but what about Blanchard and Gallant?

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
  #399
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
I hear a lot of good things about Alex MacNeil the Titan got from Sherbrooke:

http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/show/id/10217

I expect the following next season:

Girard(20)
Godin(20)
Robert(19)
Gosselin(18)
Gingras(18)
MacNeil(18)
Gauthier(18)

Plus next picks....
MacNeil is a very big, mobile defenseman for Midget, but I think it can translate to junior... He's about 5'11 205 pounds roughly with good offensive instincts... He's been out most of the year this season however, but should fight for a roster spot with Bathurst next summer.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:38 PM
  #400
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
Really thought Tesink would end up in Halifax.
Yes, but it's hard for Cam to upgrade on Ryan or Ciampini right now... Those players were the only options he could upgrade, but at the cost of a top 5 pick, it looks like it would've cost Halifax our 2014 1st + more....

You have to give to get, but at that, no thanks.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.