HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXXI: A woman needs love

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Dayvon, I remember you posting how you argued with your family about having a girlfriend at a young age. How it wasn't for you because you're not ready for a relationship yet. I'm exactly like you. And i assume there's a lot of guys and girls llike us; people focusing on other aspects of life besides a committed relationship.

I don't think it's fair to judge someone fulfilling a desire. Some women need freedom just like you and I. They don't want any strings or commitment. But they still want to be pleasured.

There's nothing wrong with that. A lot of men and women aren't ready to settle down during their early 20s. So judging a women for what she has done while single and mingling seems hypocritical, imo. Because i do the same thing while I'm single. But I'm also able to get out of that game when i meet a girl worth it.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Puckgenius*

vCash: 500
Very cute girl tonight at the store, but she was young, very young, like Id say 17. Is that too young for a almost 32 year old guy to ask out?

Old
01-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Very cute girl tonight at the store, but she was young, very young, like Id say 17. Is that too young for a almost 32 year old guy to ask out?
Yes.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:13 AM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
Dayvon, I remember you posting how you argued with your family about having a girlfriend at a young age. How it wasn't for you because you're not ready for a relationship yet. I'm exactly like you. And i assume there's a lot of guys and girls llike us; people focusing on other aspects of life besides a committed relationship.

I don't think it's fair to judge someone fulfilling a desire. Some women need freedom just like you and I. They don't want any strings or commitment. But they still want to be pleasured.

There's nothing wrong with that. A lot of men and women aren't ready to settle down during their early 20s. So judging a women for what she has done while single and mingling seems hypocritical, imo. Because i do the same thing while I'm single. But I'm also able to get out of that game when i meet a girl worth it.
I agree, but like I said, it comes down to taste. Some people won't date some people of a certain race, some people won't date people with a certain sexual past, some people won't date people with certain lifestyles...it is all a matter of preference and it isn't always "fair". I hang with plenty of girls who have slept with a tonne of guys, and I've hung out with very tame girls. It doesn't affect how I treat them or hang out with them, but if I was interested in the dating game, that is something I would take into consideration.

Also I should probably throw it out there that my attitude isn't very promiscuous, and I think that is one of the most important aspects if you're judging someone's past. This past year I can actually only think of two occasions where I actively went out and was trying to wheel girls. I mean, I will always try and put myself in the best scenarios when it comes to girls I know or I'm in class with, but I can rarely if ever be bothered to put effort into chasing girls. Not to come off as a showboat or whatever, but the vast majority of my hook-ups on any level have been initiated by girls, so it isn't like I'm out there trying to be a hound dog which is what a lot of "slutty" guys and girls are trying to do exactly.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:51 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

vCash: 50
Quote:
Undoubtedly.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:00 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
Again, if I didn't think it was ok or if I didn't want to I wouldn't do what I do. Different strokes for different folks. And even if I think it is fine for girls to let that flag fly freely it doesn't mean that if I was hypothetically open to relationships that I'm forced to be ok with that kind of history with a girl. In fact, it doesn't even matter why I'm not ok with that. I or anyone else can be as hypocritical as they want considering this is a scenario where your hypocrisy hurts no one.
Yeah, hypocritically ****-shaming girls totally hurts no one.

Seriously?

Old
01-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

So I think my crush at work is NOT into me. She still flirts with me, and we talk a lot, but I just have the feeling she isn't into me like I am with her.... Should I still bother asking her out? Or should I wait a little bit, try to get closer to her, and see what happens?

Old
01-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Cheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
So I think my crush at work is NOT into me. She still flirts with me, and we talk a lot, but I just have the feeling she isn't into me like I am with her.... Should I still bother asking her out? Or should I wait a little bit, try to get closer to her, and see what happens?

bro, just ask her out. jesus.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:36 AM
snowden
Man is matter

Quote:
LMAO of course it is, you creep. Dude, just go on POF or Okcupid and stop being so lame. And don't be weirdo. Jeebus

Old
01-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
she wants the d.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Augscura

The girls in my town are mostly unbearable, completely uninteresting with a lack of hobbies. Most of the good ones are already taken, or lesbian. Appearance isn't a huge issue for me (as long as they aren't a train wreck or overweight), I want a woman with personality, and a sense of humor etc. Also a non smoker and someone that lives a fairly healthy lifestyle. Extremely uncommon here. \_(ツ)_/

Old
01-03-2013, 02:15 AM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Yeah, hypocritically ****-shaming girls totally hurts no one.

Seriously?
Seriously?

When did I say I **** shamed them? Not wanting to date them means I'm going to shame them and belittle them? Figure it out.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:09 AM
seemsayin

Women piss me off

Old
01-03-2013, 05:58 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
I agree, but like I said, it comes down to taste. Some people won't date some people of a certain race, some people won't date people with a certain sexual past, some people won't date people with certain lifestyles...it is all a matter of preference and it isn't always "fair". I hang with plenty of girls who have slept with a tonne of guys, and I've hung out with very tame girls. It doesn't affect how I treat them or hang out with them, but if I was interested in the dating game, that is something I would take into consideration.

Also I should probably throw it out there that my attitude isn't very promiscuous, and I think that is one of the most important aspects if you're judging someone's past. This past year I can actually only think of two occasions where I actively went out and was trying to wheel girls. I mean, I will always try and put myself in the best scenarios when it comes to girls I know or I'm in class with, but I can rarely if ever be bothered to put effort into chasing girls. Not to come off as a showboat or whatever, but the vast majority of my hook-ups on any level have been initiated by girls, so it isn't like I'm out there trying to be a hound dog which is what a lot of "slutty" guys and girls are trying to do exactly.
And I imagine the vast majority of these "slutty" girls' hookups come in similar fashion. They put themselves in favourable scenarios around guys and let the guys do the initiating. That doesn't separate you from the girls you call 'slutty', it reinforces your place on their level. Therefore taking this position that you aren't very promiscuous like the "slutty" girls appears illogical to me.

Making judgements about a woman's present promiscuity based on her past promiscuity is the lazy man's way out. It's as ineffective as trying to gauge a person's maturity level based solely on their age. Any inferences you think you're making by judging a woman's number can be made more effectively by getting to know her personality and social tendencies.

I have no problem with other guys not wanting to date girls with high numbers, just like I have no problem with girls who don't want to date guys with high numbers, however I don't subscribe to that position. I like to think I give any girl I'm attracted to a fair chance, regardless of their past tendencies.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:58 AM
awfulwaffle

Going to the Fiesta Bowl tonight, hope to meet some hottie from out of town.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Quote:
32 / 2 is 16

16 + 7 is 23

So yes

Old
01-03-2013, 07:04 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Lady's don't like overly cheap guys....

Old
01-03-2013, 07:12 AM
DyerMaker66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
32 / 2 is 16

16 + 7 is 23

So yes
You shouldn't follow arbitrary rules.

16's legal in my country(), son: Do it up!

Old
01-03-2013, 08:20 AM
f1nn

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
1- friendzone doesnt exist
2- dont go ice skating unless theres going to be a group going from work..the group thing might be a better atmosphere, let her gently see your 'outside of work' personality.

good luck
THIS times a million

Old
01-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Alex The Loyal
Grimace Returns

Nonsense, the Friend Zone is real. I know it far too well

Old
01-03-2013, 11:37 AM
f1nn

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex The Loyal View Post
Nonsense, the Friend Zone is real. I know it far too well
I disagree.. It's a girl's way of letting you down gently because they just do not want anything more with you.. It's happened to me and I'm sure everyone else but calling it being "friend zoned" is bs.. but if it makes you feel better about it then that's totally fine, I just hate hearing the term used when in reality the person should realize "hmm this girl has nothing against me she just doesn't want me for whatever reason" .. I've had girls that I would consider a best friend and I've tapped it.. if you both are attracted to each other why not?

PS my post really wasn't meant to offend anyone sorry if it came off that way

Old
01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Going to the Fiesta Bowl tonight, hope to meet some hottie from out of town.
With UO playing, there's a good chance of that.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:49 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
With UO playing, there's a good chance of that.
Sad part is I'm rooting for Kansas State. But I'm an ASU fan, I would be ashamed of myself if I rooted for Oregon.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:50 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
I have this image of you being incredibly socially awkward.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
awfulwaffle

Something tells me puckgenius is trolling.

Closed Thread