HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBA Thread, Daniel Bryan Edition: The lockout is (tentatively) over!

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 12:57 AM
WickedWrister

vCash: 500
What the **** is taking so long?

Old
01-03-2013, 01:33 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Here's a sloth.

Because shut up, that's why.
What a boss.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:32 AM
AZPenguins

Old
01-03-2013, 08:06 AM
regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
Here's a sloth.

Because shut up, that's why.
This is exactly how I imagine the negotiations sound.

Fehr to Bettman," your a stupid face."
Bettman to Fehr," your mamas so fat..."

Also because of you guys I finally wiki'd Red Pandas to find out that thier either real or the biggest media hoax since we went to the moon. However the wiki page is rather incomplete as it doesnt have anything on why thier so clumsy or how I can order them online to keep as pets.

Last edited by regard: 01-03-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old
01-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
This is exactly how I imagine the negotiations sound.

Fehr to Bettman," your a stupid face."
Bettman to Fehr," your mamas so fat..."
You have too much imagination; Bettman knows nothing of these so-called "yo mama" jokes. I envision it goes something like this:

Bettman: "if you'll turn to page 267 you'll see in section 4, subparagraph B that in the instance of Shannahan being removed from his post, Kerry Fraser is automatically removed from the pool of potential replacements, and that because of this, FA re-signings cannot extend past 7 years."

Fehr: "this is not Nam, Gary... there are rules. Do you want this league to burn, Gary? Do you? Because I'll burn it, Gary. I'll burn it to the ****ING GROUND, unless we get 8 years! Baseball was nothing Gary... I was just getting warmed up. Do you want me to put Bud on the line? I have Bud on speed-dial my friend, and he'll tell you... 8 years. I'll be the first union negotiator in history to dissolve an entire sports league... go ahead, try me. 8 Years."

Old
01-03-2013, 11:11 AM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

I'm pretty much an atheist at this point, but I hope to god a new CBA is signed ASAP.

Not so much because I miss hockey, but because I've spent the last three hours working on a jaw-droppingly awesome "lockout's over" Pens-themed graphic/avatar that is going to make everyone in here drool like they're wheelchair-bound vegetables.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post
I'm pretty much an atheist at this point, but I hope to god a new CBA is signed ASAP.

Not so much because I miss hockey, but because I've spent the last three hours working on a jaw-droppingly awesome "lockout's over" Pens-themed graphic/avatar that is going to make everyone in here drool like they're wheelchair-bound vegetables.

That's really not okay though

Old
01-03-2013, 11:35 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Can someone explain to me why players want buy-out clauses? That just seems weird to me. I get that owners would want it instead of hiding salary, but I just don't get why players would want it.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Sivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Can someone explain to me why players want buy-out clauses? That just seems weird to me. I get that owners would want it instead of hiding salary, but I just don't get why players would want it.
Get paid an extra salary. Still get full contract if bought out and then can sign with another team and get paid again. The buyout just wipes out the caphit, but the guy still gets paid.

Wow at the news that each team gets two buy-outs, will make things very interesting.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeigler View Post

Haha, can't wait, but....

We have this guy in our way.

Damn... Fehry Pink Bunny.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:11 PM
regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
You have too much imagination; Bettman knows nothing of these so-called "yo mama" jokes. I envision it goes something like this:

Bettman: "if you'll turn to page 267 you'll see in section 4, subparagraph B that in the instance of Shannahan being removed from his post, Kerry Fraser is automatically removed from the pool of potential replacements, and that because of this, FA re-signings cannot extend past 7 years."

Fehr: "this is not Nam, Gary... there are rules. Do you want this league to burn, Gary? Do you? Because I'll burn it, Gary. I'll burn it to the ****ING GROUND, unless we get 8 years! Baseball was nothing Gary... I was just getting warmed up. Do you want me to put Bud on the line? I have Bud on speed-dial my friend, and he'll tell you... 8 years. I'll be the first union negotiator in history to dissolve an entire sports league... go ahead, try me. 8 Years."
Your giving them too much credit. I imagine rasberries being blown, name calling and when no ones looking the occassional wet willy.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Gallatin
A Banksy of Goonism

Quote:

I almost passed out laughing when I read this CV.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:40 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
Get paid an extra salary. Still get full contract if bought out and then can sign with another team and get paid again. The buyout just wipes out the caphit, but the guy still gets paid.

Wow at the news that each team gets two buy-outs, will make things very interesting.
And we will probably end up using neither of our buy outs.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
And we will probably end up using neither of our buy outs.
After the last lockout we just bought out minor leaguers who were out of the organization's plans...I imagine the same would happen this time.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
01-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
I almost passed out laughing when I read this CV.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but the NHL has agreed to a 2nd Player Buyout option for next year's drop to their desired $60M cap. It is this second player addition that has some type of effect on player share / pensions / something-or-other that is one of the issues to be resolved. Call in the bean counters!

Anyway a second buy-out would be a pretty big deal as it would give Shero more options as to how he drops down to the cap level, should he sign a big FA that will put us in a tight spot if we want to re-sign him for the next few years.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Gallatin
A Banksy of Goonism

Quote:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it but the NHL has agreed to a 2nd Player Buyout option for next year's drop to their desired $60M cap. It is this second player addition that has some type of effect on player share / pensions / something-or-other that is one of the issues to be resolved. Call in the bean counters!

Anyway a second buy-out would be a pretty big deal as it would give Shero more options as to how he drops down to the cap level, should he sign a big FA that will put us in a tight spot if we want to re-sign him for the next few years.
We don't need a 2nd buyout, probably don't need one period if Martin returns to consistent form. In fact, the 2nd buyout only makes sense if the PA can get it outside the cap, which ain't happening....

Old
01-03-2013, 04:59 PM
vikingGoalie

sounds like they are stuck on the 60M vs 65M cap for next season thing, that and 1year on the contract limit, 6 vs 7 years.

Will we lose a season over that? here's hoping that they don't dig their heels in and die on this hill... I'd think the owners would go with 6 years and 65M for next year since 99% of all contracts are 5 years or less the players should be fine with 6 years and if the CBA is 10 years what's one year of 5M per club in the grand scheme of things.

they keep saying Jan 11 as the absolute deadline but it has to be sooner then that you'd think. as Jan 11 is thrown out because that gives a week of camp before the season, but factor in how long it takes to get all the overseas players back state side, that has to be another couple of days there. So really we are less then a week before the season is cancelled or not.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
We don't need a 2nd buyout, probably don't need one period if Martin returns to consistent form. In fact, the 2nd buyout only makes sense if the PA can get it outside the cap, which ain't happening....
Malkin, Letang, Sutter, and others would say otherwise. With the youngsters getting closer and closer to being ready should speak loud and clear. If you can't trade'em buy'em out.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:23 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

The PA is starting to piss me off. Why waste time reauthorizing disclaimer now when they are trying to iron this out before the season is scrapped? A week from now they will have all of the time in the world to reauthorize and file. And this vote doesn't increase pressure one bit, as the NHL already expects them to file.

If they are having the players vote on anything, it should be the league's latest offer.

Quote:
Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate

Also this detail was underreported, but contract limits: NHL wants 6 yrs, 8 yrs if you are re-signing. NHLPA moved to 7 yrs, 7 if re-signing
I think 6 and 8 is more than fair.

Give them 63m on the cap and lets get this thing going.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Malkin, Letang, Sutter, and others would say otherwise. With the youngsters getting closer and closer to being ready should speak loud and clear. If you can't trade'em buy'em out.
Well Martin will only have 2 more years on his contract after this season (and one more year when Malkin/Letang extensions kick in). So you can keep Martin if need be through next year and then trade him when necessary (unless he totally sucks this season and is untradeable). The point is there are options and buying out Martin is not a necessity.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:45 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

So, now we are up to 2 buyouts and 30% salary variance.

I don't think I'm a fan of this.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:35 PM
vikingGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTANDSCORE View Post
So, now we are up to 2 buyouts and 30% salary variance.

I don't think I'm a fan of this.
How does the variance work? If it was the highest and lowest for life of contract had to be within that it wouldnt be that bad. I.e. 6 year max 10m min 7m. Now if every year can vary off the other that would be retarded.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

I believe it is year to year.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingGoalie View Post
How does the variance work? If it was the highest and lowest for life of contract had to be within that it wouldnt be that bad. I.e. 6 year max 10m min 7m. Now if every year can vary off the other that would be retarded.
Globe Hockey ‏@globehockey
Why the NHL’s push for a variance limit matters http://t.co/qr3X3yEf #hockey

Old
01-03-2013, 08:18 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

Good link.

There has to be conditions on this 30% otherwise contracts could look like this

10m
7m
4m
1m