Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 03:48 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
Do we need a center? Who would he take over for?

Domi - Griffith - Broadhurst
Anderson - Tierney - Welychka
Rupert - Horvat - Rupert
4th line is a rotation of 42 forwards.

I don'd see Trocheck moving any of those centers... Tierney is so bad at faceoffs, I'd like to see him move to wing. But it wont happen.
Tierney was called our best face off man in the press..by the coaching staff not long ago.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:52 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Tierney was called our best face off man in the press..by the coaching staff not long ago.
He's awful, he won maybe one faceoff against Sarnia. He's always so slow to it and often looks like he doesnt even try. So frustrating. But since he's a d first center, people expect him to be good on the dot. Our top faceoff guy is Horvat. I'm not a bias Horvat guy either. Just my view.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:57 AM
GangGreen

Not sure why you think a team that is right in the hunt for top spot in the East is going to trade one of their top players. (Ritchie)
The play of Welychka and the Horvat-Rupert line has me thinking an upgrade probably isn't necessary. At one point I wanted Trocheck to center the Ruperts, Horvat back with Tierney and Anderson and the top line intact. Now I think Trocheck isnt worth giving up Welychka, Jammes and picks.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:08 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Not sure why you think a team that is right in the hunt for top spot in the East is going to trade one of their top players. (Ritchie)
The play of Welychka and the Horvat-Rupert line has me thinking an upgrade probably isn't necessary. At one point I wanted Trocheck to center the Ruperts, Horvat back with Tierney and Anderson and the top line intact. Now I think Trocheck isnt worth giving up Welychka, Jammes and picks.
I wouldn't trade Welychka for Trocheck straight up.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:11 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
One injury to Griffith and we have no pure sniper. Injuries are the ONLY reason I want the Knights to add one proven forward at least.

Niagra is selling, dont get it confused. They need to replenish and will be sitting pretty when they sell. Only reason it's quiet there is because of the NHL lockout.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:43 AM
ohlnhockeynut

this is the trade rumors board not the london knights discussion board, take it to your group unless you have some trade rumors

Old
01-03-2013, 09:59 AM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlnhockeynut View Post
this is the trade rumors board not the london knights discussion board, take it to your group unless you have some trade rumors
I second that one!

Old
01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Fact is..there are no rumours out there. Nobody is gonna do anything until this NHL thing gets sorted out. If they settle...it blows up the OHL trade deadline and players go for peanuts. If they cancel the whole season you could see a bidding war to end all bidding wars.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:23 AM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Fact is..there are no rumours out there. Nobody is gonna do anything until this NHL thing gets sorted out. If they settle...it blows up the OHL trade deadline and players go for peanuts. If they cancel the whole season you could see a bidding war to end all bidding wars.
There is certainly been talk around the league, but I agree, the waters are calm at the moment, until things change with the nhl, trades will be slow, here in bulls land look for george to change the idenity of the team, their is something wrong with the intensity of this group. Too many pluggers! IMO sandlak is one that will be moved!

Old
01-03-2013, 10:29 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
There is certainly been talk around the league, but I agree, the waters are calm at the moment, until things change with the nhl, trades will be slow, here in bulls land look for george to change the idenity of the team, their is something wrong with the intensity of this group. Too many pluggers! IMO sandlak is one that will be moved!
Do you see the Bulls as sellers? They sit 2nd in the East..I would think they'd be adding...no?

Old
01-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Tonester01

Quote:
Do you see the Bulls as sellers? They sit 2nd in the East..I would think they'd be adding...no?
Bulls will be adding, at least 1 forward and maybe 2. Hopefully Berisha or Petti aren't traded. I agree Sandlack may go and maybe Hooey and of course draft picks.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:57 AM
izzys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
would u move

Niki Petti
Sergey Kuptsov
Brady Austin
and picks

for

adam bateman
jordan maletta
koko ( if comes back )

Old
01-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
I dont even know where to begin with this comment. Yes I do, look at the top 20 scorers in the league, who do you see and who isnt there. Now imagine Griffith gets hurt. Trochek for Wely is a no brainer, it makes you bette this year. And if your argument is based on Wely for next year, just think back to the year London didnt make a big splash with Kane and Gagne cuz they were saving it for next year. Next year brings no promises. When you have a team like this, all in I say

Old
01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Don't worry about it, you wouldn't get him for that.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
I dont even know where to begin with this comment. Yes I do, look at the top 20 scorers in the league, who do you see and who isnt there. Now imagine Griffith gets hurt. Trochek for Wely is a no brainer, it makes you bette this year. And if your argument is based on Wely for next year, just think back to the year London didnt make a big splash with Kane and Gagne cuz they were saving it for next year. Next year brings no promises. When you have a team like this, all in I say
My comment was meant as sarcasm. Trocheck will not help the Knights as much as some people think he will. That's why I wouldn't trade anything to get him. Go get Theoret..exact same type player and likely cheaper.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonester01 View Post
Bulls will be adding, at least 1 forward and maybe 2. Hopefully Berisha or Petti aren't traded. I agree Sandlack may go and maybe Hooey and of course draft picks.
What do you think you would get back for Sandlak? He's a 3rd line plugger.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
My comment was meant as sarcasm. Trocheck will not help the Knights as much as some people think he will. That's why I wouldn't trade anything to get him. Go get Theoret..exact same type player and likely cheaper.
Theoret and Trocheck are not the same player, not even close. Trocheck is a star player and is the man in Saginaw, Theoret is a decent player who gets his points because he plays with the man in Niagara.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:36 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
If I understand your question, you are asking what I think the price of the aforementioned players would be? I think there are two categories: rentals, and those who may return.
Rentals, I think costs you a body (Wely), a 96 (Jammes) and picks (2nd, 3rd).
For those coming back, it's probably two bodies (Wely, Raine), a 96 (Jammes) and picks (2 2nds, 3rd and maybe another).
This is really just a guesstimate and I only added the names in there to provide relevancy to the Knights.

For me, I want the depth for this year so I acquire a Trochek (see rental price) and therefore get to keep Raine for the run. Raine might be an OA next year, and when you loose Trochek hopefully a guy like McCarron steps in. You also save on a pick or two that allows you to then stock up to acquire another rental next year, and his name would be Monahan (see pricing index for that).
Thanks, I can see your reasoning here but Id pay the extra body(Raine) and the extra 2nd+maybe another mid pick) according to your scenario and grab the kid from Ott. Just me thou and the longer I think about the less likely I think we get him.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:41 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Thanks, I can see your reasoning here but Id pay the extra body(Raine) and the extra 2nd+maybe another mid pick) according to your scenario and grab the kid from Ott. Just me thou and the longer I think about the less likely I think we get him.
There ya go. Get the guy you want now..and have him for 2 seasons. The pieces are there for 2 strong seasons...don't throw them away just because you think you can get better...pull the trigger and get better.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:41 AM
aresknights

Looking like we may have to wait until Monday (or later) to see whos doing what based on WJC and NHL issues
KoKo(?) and a host of Spits, Trochek and more from Sag, Ott players, Niagara players, Soo, Petes, Ktown(?) Missy(?)
Lots of names being rumored as possibly moving. Gotta be a bit unsettling to those kids and the ones rumored to be moving from teams "going for it"

So much uncertainty.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:42 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Theoret and Trocheck are not the same player, not even close. Trocheck is a star player and is the man in Saginaw, Theoret is a decent player who gets his points because he plays with the man in Niagara.
Trocheck is not worth what Saginaw will be asking. Period. Would I take him? sure I would...do I want him? no I don't..cause I know what Saginaw will want in return. The player London needs to go after plays in the East..and his name is Sean Monahan.

If Theoret gets points with the man in Niagara...he'd do fine with the men in London.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 01-03-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old
01-03-2013, 11:45 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Trocheck is not worth what Saginaw will be asking. Period. Would I take him? sure I would...do I want him? no I don't..cause I know what Saginaw will want in return. The player London needs to go after plays in the East..and his name is Sean Monahan.
Monahan would cost a lot more than Trocheck.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Monahan would cost a lot more than Trocheck.
And I'd be willing to pay that price.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
And I'd be willing to pay that price.
Why would you give up a ransom for a player that might not help you that much? You would have to give up starting players and picks. Don't think Ottawa is taking your spare parts. Why risk the chemistry?

Old
01-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Acad

Quote:

Closed Thread