vCash: 500
How hard is it to do ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Ok, I have made sure on the Staff Responsibilities Page that my Director of Football does not try and sign players, I prefer to do that myself...I am wondering WHY THE **** is he constantly trying to spend 4-5 million transfer fees on 2* players all the time?!!I always have to withdraw the contract offer as I do not want to waste my precious budget on these scrubs, and like I said I made sure my DoF has no power to sign or use the transfer budget and yet he is constantly making transfer offers.

Is this happening to anyone else?It gets annoying.Luckily I see on my Newsfeed every time he makes an offer to these 2* players and it allows me to withdraw the contract offers but still, I have no idea why he is doing it when I practically took away his ability to do that.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Oenatzu
#DirectorOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenatzu View Post
Is it just me or is the injury rate in the game really high? Lately I've been losing guys to injuries in every match I've had even though the players are fit and as rested as the tight match schedule allows them to be (~95%).
Currently I've got 8 players from my first team squad injured and 3 games (2 league games and a Champions league game) coming up in the next 7 days. How am I supposed to do squad rotation when I've got to use my rotation players as starters

Oenatzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Captain Saku

After winning MLS cup 2 seasons in a row and moved to coach West Brom in the EPL i'm in season 2019-2020 right now and still manager of west bromich. In fact I think i'm stuck there lol. Here how it went for me at WB:

1st season: took the team from last half theough the season to save them from relegation. Finished 17th.

2nd season: finished 7th
3rd season: finished 5th. Made Euro cup.
4th season: finished 4th. Made CL and won Euro cup.
5th season: i'm 6th halfway season. I lost in CL qualification and playing in 2nd round of euro cup.

I'm given around 10 millions euros a year in transfers and 1 million a week in wages which isnt enough to compete with top clubs. At the same time the top clubs wouldnt hire me even if I'm doing really well with a poor team. But with good results and euro cup victory the board gave me 16 millions in transfers for this year which I invested ina young midfielder for 25 millions (10 millions in installments).

I bought a lot of young players but few of them are reaching their full potential. Most of them are turning into good but not great players.

I'm able to beat any club except the big ones, they're driving me crazy, Man utd, man city, arsenal and chelsea i'm never able to beat them, whether at home or away.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

I'm in the summer of 2014 on my Bayern Munich save and just responded to an inquiry from Man Utd for David Alaba.He is valued at $23 million and for ***** and giggles I set his enqiury price at $50 million....and they actually offered it.Now, do I take it?Alaba is one of the best defenders in the game and is a mere 21 years old and one of my defensive anchors.I run a 4-4-2, and some of my other defenders include Javi Martinez,Kurt Zouma,Phil Jones,Jerome Boateng and Holger Badstuber.

Would you take $50 million for David Alaba?If you would, who would you target with the transfer money?

Old
01-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I'm in the summer of 2014 on my Bayern Munich save and just responded to an inquiry from Man Utd for David Alaba.He is valued at $23 million and for ***** and giggles I set his enqiury price at $50 million....and they actually offered it.Now, do I take it?Alaba is one of the best defenders in the game and is a mere 21 years old and one of my defensive anchors.I run a 4-4-2, and some of my other defenders include Javi Martinez,Kurt Zouma,Phil Jones,Jerome Boateng and Holger Badstuber.

Would you take $50 million for David Alaba?If you would, who would you target with the transfer money?
In real life you don't even think about it. In the game, all prices are artificially heavily inflated for a stupid reason. But I would still take it, you could buy a defender with similar attributes for around 30-35 millions.

Old
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:

Sell him and find a young newgen to replace him.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:52 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Depends on if you could use the money or the player. Likely, by that time, he's replaceable as Franck said with a newgen. If not, it's likely as Bayern you've won the league quite a few times and even the CL, so you probably don't need the money.

Personally, I love turning profits, so I sell everyone I can make a profit on, other than my prized homegrown newgen stars, and just bank cash. I just like the look of a couple hundred Mil in my transfer kitty. Also, I hate carrying too many players. It just leads to complaints from the non-starters. For depth I just fill in with vets on bosmans if possible

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Depends on if you could use the money or the player. Likely, by that time, he's replaceable as Franck said with a newgen. If not, it's likely as Bayern you've won the league quite a few times and even the CL, so you probably don't need the money.

Personally, I love turning profits, so I sell everyone I can make a profit on, other than my prized homegrown newgen stars, and just bank cash. I just like the look of a couple hundred Mil in my transfer kitty. Also, I hate carrying too many players. It just leads to complaints from the non-starters. For depth I just fill in with vets on bosmans if possible
Correct, I have won the Bundesliga both seasons but lost in the semis and then quarters of the CL. I was given a $49 million dollar transfer budget which is a little small for my tastes, especially after back to back league wins.

I ended up rejecting the $50 million from Man United and actually sold him to Liverpool for $60 million. I plan on targeting Raphael Varane and Javier Pastore with my transfer budget+ 60 mil I just received for Alaba.$

Old
01-02-2013, 05:14 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Correct, I have won the Bundesliga both seasons but lost in the semis and then quarters of the CL. I was given a $49 million dollar transfer budget which is a little small for my tastes, especially after back to back league wins.

I ended up rejecting the $50 million from Man United and actually sold him to Liverpool for $60 million. I plan on targeting Raphael Varane and Javier Pastore with my transfer budget+ 60 mil I just received for Alaba.$
Nice profit, wow.

I'd suggest unsettling Zouma (it's easy). I did that with AC and got him for 22.7m Euros, which is egregiously low for him because he's pretty legendary this year.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Nice profit, wow.

I'd suggest unsettling Zouma (it's easy). I did that with AC and got him for 22.7m Euros, which is egregiously low for him because he's pretty legendary this year.
Already have Zouma he was my first major transfer I went for after selling Toni Kroos. Zouma is a rock on my team, my 2nd best player after Neymar on my club.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:14 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
I just lost a 19 year old MF that has 4* ability and 5* potential on a free transfer to Koln at the end of the year since we couldn't get anything done until January. He chose Koln's offer over mine. I want to cry

He's from Denmark and I'm the HC of Denmark's international team. Yea, I'm not going to choose him for my squad in the future

JWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:12 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Just got to 2024 CL Final on my FM10 save as Kaiserslautern (after years of choking in early rounds). Got a dream final v Bayern. Had the most ridiculous, toughest run in the CL this year.

Group:
Kaiserslautern -> 2 Bundesliga titles in a row + DFB Pokal winner [me]
Chelsea -> Prem + FA Cup runners up
Anderlecht -> 4 Juplier League titles in a row
Austria Wien -> A-Bundesliga champs

Knockout rounds:
Valencia [agg 3-3 (a)] -> 2 La Liga titles in a row
Inter [agg 3-3 (a)] -> 2 Serie A titles in a row (4 of last 5), TIM Cup winners
Marseille [agg 4-2] -> 12 Ligue 1 titles in a row, Coupe de France winners, Coupe de la Ligue runners up
Bayern (Final) -> Bundesliga runners up twice in a row, DFB Pokal finalists

Was a welcome change to drawing Man City in the group stage followed by Barca in the first knockout round mind you

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:24 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Already have Zouma he was my first major transfer I went for after selling Toni Kroos. Zouma is a rock on my team, my 2nd best player after Neymar on my club.
Yeah he's a beast. I missed out on Neymar because ManU bought him for 74m
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I just lost a 19 year old MF that has 4* ability and 5* potential on a free transfer to Koln at the end of the year since we couldn't get anything done until January. He chose Koln's offer over mine. I want to cry

He's from Denmark and I'm the HC of Denmark's international team. Yea, I'm not going to choose him for my squad in the future
No backup save to revert to? That sucks

Old
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Just got to 2024 CL Final on my FM10 save as Kaiserslautern (after years of choking in early rounds). Got a dream final v Bayern. Had the most ridiculous, toughest run in the CL this year.

Group:
Kaiserslautern -> 2 Bundesliga titles in a row + DFB Pokal winner [me]
Chelsea -> Prem + FA Cup runners up
Anderlecht -> 4 Juplier League titles in a row
Austria Wien -> A-Bundesliga champs

Knockout rounds:
Inter [agg 3-3 (a)] -> 2 Serie A titles in a row (4 of last 5), TIM Cup winners
Marseille [agg 4-2] -> 12 Ligue 1 titles in a row, Coupe de France winners, Coupe de la Ligue runners up
Bayern (Final) -> Bundesliga runners up twice in a row, DFB Pokal finalists

Was a welcome change to drawing Man City in the group stage followed by Barca in the first knockout round mind you
I ALWAYS draw Barca and Man City in the Round of 16, then Quarters.

This past CL final was me (AC) v Bayern in our home of San Siro and beat them 2-1. Awesome way to win it.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

I'm absolutely hating that my Juventus save was struck with a repeating crash at 1 July 2013.

Was really looking forward to seeing my new summer signings play as well as the further development of Pogba and Adryan. Now I'll have to wait for the next patch before I can continue.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post

And they call themselves realistic...

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
I'm absolutely hating that my Juventus save was struck with a repeating crash at 1 July 2013.

Was really looking forward to seeing my new summer signings play as well as the further development of Pogba and Adryan. Now I'll have to wait for the next patch before I can continue.
In my save I signed Pogba and saw his potential drop to 2 1/2 stars, even after me giving him ample playing time as soon as I signed him.Nothing worse then having your stud prospects just totally nosedive into a decline.

Also is anyone able to get a national team job soon after starting your save?I won the Bundesliga both of my seasons along with 4 total cup wins and when I applied for Mexico and Italy, the headlines were "____Laughs off interest from [your name here]".I easily won my league both times, didn't think it would be laughable for me to apply for a national team job.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:24 AM
The Face Pincher*

lol, I'm still playing FM10

currently in the 2036 season

The Face Pincher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:21 AM
metric

I've never played FM but FM13 is on sale on Steam so I'm going to jump into it.

So is it just what the title says, manage all aspects of a club?

metric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:13 AM
XO

FM 13 together with 09 = worst of them all. All these bugs, crashes and **** is destroying my love for this franchise. Simulating in FIFA career mode is more realistic.

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
awesomo
HARD!

I bought it cuz it was half price

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Captain Saku

My players never seem to develop to their full potential. I have 2 scouts with 20 on player's ability and 20 on player's potential and I always make sure before I sign young players that their potential is at least rated at 4* and current ability at 2* but their development always seem to stall at between 2.5* and 3.5*.

If you manage a top team and want to buy a 4.5 or 5* it's merely impossible in this game. You gotta pay at least 50 to 60 millions.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:54 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
My players never seem to develop to their full potential. I have 2 scouts with 20 on player's ability and 20 on player's potential and I always make sure before I sign young players that their potential is at least rated at 4* and current ability at 2* but their development always seem to stall at between 2.5* and 3.5*.

If you manage a top team and want to buy a 4.5 or 5* it's merely impossible in this game. You gotta pay at least 50 to 60 millions.
How's your training facility and youth facility?

JWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post

Download genie scout