HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

J.C. Lipon 1st round bound?

Old
01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Extensive list of viewings to come to that conclusion.

What I don't get is that 3rd line upside is his max potential. he's a scoring forward in the WHL, I don't see why a tenacious player like him, with enough drive couldn't attain a top 6 spot in the NHL some day.

He's not a lock for it, but we always say development isn't linear, right. There are many players who have been drafted and signed over the years with the same sort of tag you're hanging on Lipon that had 'similar upsides' or worse and became top 6 forwards in the NHL.

I wouldn't touch him in this draft in the top two rounds(has alot to do with this drafts depth), but making those assessments from only watching what you listed is silly IMO.

I thought he would have been taken late last year, and then instead of hate on this site for being passed over, he'd be a 'hyped' late bloomer. It's pretty typical hfboards, really.
He's scoring as a 20 year old in the WHL. It's not really all that impressive.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:38 PM
arsmaster*
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
He's scoring as a 20 year old in the WHL. It's not really all that impressive.
And lots of guys have done this in the past and gone on to a top 6 forward role in the NHL.

It's just a silly basis for an argument, especially when your viewing history of the player is 5-7 select team games and NO CLUB games.

Ps he's 19.

arsmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 01:41 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
And lots of guys have done this in the past and gone on to a top 6 forward role in the NHL.

It's just a silly basis for an argument, especially when your viewing history of the player is 5-7 select team games and NO CLUB games.

Ps he's 19.
I've seen him several times in the WHL, I know what I'm looking at. He could make the NHL in a bottom six role...but feel free to save this post and throw it back in my face if he ever gets beyond that. I think if he can even get into the NHL it will be an accomplishment.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote