HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Tikai Riga, tika Dinamo!

All Slovan fans are with you today. You were chanting the above in our arena after you defeated us there in September, so please do the same to Severstal today!

Old
12-27-2012, 11:08 AM
BalticWarrior

A win for us against cherepovets 4:2

Old
12-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Faterson

It's long been my wish for 4 non-Russian teams to advance to the play-offs in the West along with the 4 Russian super-clubs, but it's going to be tough, because Severstal really are strong despite today's result, and there's also Dinamo Minsk, which means there are 5 non-Russian teams in the West, so at least one of them is going to miss the play-offs...

Old
12-27-2012, 11:44 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
by the way Darzinsh, Redlihs, and Sprukts are playing, they all have a potential to be joining DR again, lol

Old
12-28-2012, 01:59 AM
BalticWarrior

Really like how Dzerins is playing,hes really progressed nicely,i guess i can stop hating him now

Old
01-03-2013, 12:39 PM
BalticWarrior

3:2 win for us against Minsk

Old
01-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Faterson

Congratulations! Slovan should really send you some flowers because you keep helping them against their direct competitors.

The interesting thing is that Dinamo Riga and Slovan play their final season game against each other. I hope it's not going to be the crucial game for Slovan, but that by that time the play-off teams will already have been decided. During games in Slovan arena, the trip to Riga was advertised for €190, but that's too much for me to invest in a single hockey game.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Congratulations! Slovan should really send you some flowers because you keep helping them against their direct competitors.

The interesting thing is that Dinamo Riga and Slovan play their final season game against each other. I hope it's not going to be the crucial game for Slovan, but that by that time the play-off teams will already have been decided. During games in Slovan arena, the trip to Riga was advertised for €190, but that's too much for me to invest in a single hockey game.
Well it doesnt matter for us because its more likely that the hell freezes over than that we will make the playoffs.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Faterson

Yes, seems very unlikely, but 10 points to catch up with is not impossible. NHL teams have managed to do that, although they only get 2 points per win. You've just won a "6-point game" tonight, and Dinamo Riga has proven they can beat the best KHL teams on a good night... so I wouldn't give up at this point just yet.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:02 PM
SoundAndFury

This team just hasn't got quality players to pull off such a run, no need to get excited.

Playoff race is between Minsk, Torpedo, Donbass and Slovan this season

Old
01-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Playoff race is between Minsk, Torpedo, Donbass and Slovan this season
Not Lev and Severstal, too? Or do you consider them a "clinch" for the play-offs? I'd say that's a bit premature, especially in the case of Lev. If Chára leaves...

I wouldn't rule out Atlant, either. They played very well here in Bratislava, despite losing. So I currently see 7 or perhaps even 8 teams competing for those 4 play-off spots.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:22 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Not Lev and Severstal, too? Or do you consider them a "clinch" for the play-offs? I'd say that's a bit premature, especially in the case of Lev. If Chára leaves...

I wouldn't rule out Atlant, either. They played very well here in Bratislava, despite losing. So I currently see 7 or perhaps even 8 teams competing for those 4 play-off spots.
Severstal and Lev are locks. Severstal's current position Lev's roster are just too good for them to miss the playoffs. Lev has incredibly deep roster, even loosing Chara wouldn't be something they couldn't handle. And I don't see how it's premature, it's KHL, not some miracle league, you pretty much can simply count how many points which team will have.

And maybe Atlant played very good in Bratislava but they've lost to Avto at home 6-2 as well. And frankly, once again, they just don't have enough quality. Torpedo has 5 points on them and line-up full of KHL stars.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Rumcajs

Hey guys! Could you give me a report on how Daugavins is doing with your club?

Im one of the few who still want the guy on our team (Ottawa Senators) and i want to see how Mr.Rooster is doing

Old
01-09-2013, 10:22 AM
BalticWarrior

Roberts Bukarts sent down to Liepajas Metalurgs.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:41 PM
BalticWarrior

Rihards Bukarts has had 4 goals in the last 2 games for HK riga,were not making PO`s anyway i think we should call him up.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:07 PM
SoundAndFury

He would be useless in the KHL as of yet, just let the kid develop his game.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:01 PM
v-man

So with the recent player dumps (Carle to Switzerland, Nizivijs to Lev - for zero compensation no less), I guess it's safe to say the front office has given up on this season and just wants to reduce its payroll while giving the kids some experience for next year.

BTW, my buddy is singing the national anthem at Friday's Dinamo game (we used to do them at OHL games back here in Toronto), so if anyone can toss me a link for that one on game day, it would be much appreciated

Old
01-18-2013, 02:09 AM
v-man

Just read that they did in fact get decent compensation for Carle, so it's not all bad I guess.

Old
01-18-2013, 02:31 AM
Faterson

Have Dinamo Riga fans abandoned their team by now? Only 5,000 people to watch the home game against SKA... that's disappointing.

Slovan fans managed to sell out an airplane (about 165 people) to fly to Riga for the final regular season game on 17th February 2013. The trip costs €190 per person. I hope there will be some Dinamo spectators left at that game. They seemed very enthusiastic about supporting their team back in September when Dinamo defeated Slovan in Bratislava. I wonder if that final game in Riga will have any meaning for the standings at all (from Slovan's point of view), or if everything will have been decided by then, and the game will be meaningless.

Old
01-18-2013, 03:48 AM
ebis

Quote:
Have Dinamo Riga fans abandoned their team by now? Only 5,000 people to watch the home game against SKA... that's disappointing.

Slovan fans managed to sell out an airplane (about 165 people) to fly to Riga for the final regular season game on 17th February 2013. The trip costs €190 per person. I hope there will be some Dinamo spectators left at that game. They seemed very enthusiastic about supporting their team back in September when Dinamo defeated Slovan in Bratislava. I wonder if that final game in Riga will have any meaning for the standings at all (from Slovan's point of view), or if everything will have been decided by then, and the game will be meaningless.
The plane is already sold out? Any chance they might send more planes? I was seriously considering it, 190€ is a really good price for such a trip.

Old
01-18-2013, 04:06 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
The plane is already sold out?
Yes, for quite some time now:

http://tour.vernislovanu.sk/riga1302.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Any chance they might send more planes?
I don't think it's likely at this point. Especially because, like I wrote, it's uncertain whether the game in Riga will be important for Slovan in any way.

Now, if Slovan gets to the play-offs, which seems likely at this point, I can see them sending more than "only" 1 plane to Moscow, St. Petersburg or Yaroslavl, if there is enough interest.

Several more tours are offered, such as a combined trip for the two games in Donetsk and Riga for €300:

http://tour.vernislovanu.sk
http://tour.vernislovanu.sk/trip1301.php

... but I'm not sure if this trip will actually be happening. Spending €300 for 3 days is a lot of money, and so is €190 for one game on a one-day trip. Especially if those games perhaps don't matter.

Now, a play-off game, that's different.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:02 AM
Latgale_fan

I sure do hope that after one of the better wins of this season vs CSKA people will show up to the last game. I don't expect a sellout anymore but 7000 would be nice too with Slovan fans also being there. We had a very bad season and not only because of the results, there were also talks about players, that they did not care anymore and it certainly looked so on the ice a few times The fans are still there but what we see now, those bit below 5000 fans are probably really THE fans as it's hard to imagine a worse season than this one... But hopefully for the last game of the year people will come and next season all starts anew and people will return. I'll certainly be there

Old
02-16-2013, 05:12 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
I sure do hope that after one of the better wins of this season vs CSKA people will show up to the last game. I don't expect a sellout anymore but 7000 would be nice too with Slovan fans also being there. We had a very bad season and not only because of the results, there were also talks about players, that they did not care anymore and it certainly looked so on the ice a few times The fans are still there but what we see now, those bit below 5000 fans are probably really THE fans as it's hard to imagine a worse season than this one... But hopefully for the last game of the year people will come and next season all starts anew and people will return. I'll certainly be there
I really have no hopes for next season. Unless we get Mikelis,Darzins,Sprukts back and keep Giroux and Sczechura AND get a solid goaltender not that seith that Telquist has been.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:14 AM
BalticWarrior

Although there were talks that Dinamo Riga might get a bit bigger budger next season,but it will still probably be one of the smallest in the league.
Why can`t we get a rich owner whos willing to spend huge amount of money on our club?

Old
02-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Although there were talks that Dinamo Riga might get a bit bigger budger next season,but it will still probably be one of the smallest in the league.
Why can`t we get a rich owner whos willing to spend huge amount of money on our club?
We don't need that big budget because it will only lead to overpaying local players to keep them in the club and overpaying foreigners who will contribute nothing. The same problems that other KHL teams face all the time. Lithuanian national basketball team didn't become great because Zalgiris had money- they never had money, instead they had to develop talents and sell their players to bigger clubs to get money and raise these players' level.

Sure making play-offs will not become easier with KHL expansion and budgets becoming better but it's not because of money we played as bad as we did this year and not even because of players leaving. Everything was simply done wrong before the season (Galviņs as captain, Rautakallio's stubborness, failed foreigner choice, add to that lockout which elevated some teams to compltely different level and created blowouts for us). Severstal has a bigger budget but not much but they are nr. 5 in West currently, Slovan is nr.6... We could as well be in nr.6 if we had done everything right. Or even if we did not make play-offs, we could have played with heart all the time and fight till the end for them, like Donbass now....

Sure we're not Gagarin Cup contender but it's the stupidity of club owners that harm the club at the moment. It's the same thing why we have bad roads in Latvia and municipality big wigs in jeeps. They ''save'' on things that are esential (roads) and spend on things that are not essential (their jeeps)...... The same with Dinamo Rīga I believe...

Closed Thread