HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 12.0 - The "Un-Stickied" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 04:27 PM
RoadTotheCup

vCash: 500
MLS is not a big fail, Its a young league who is growing up. Sure it is not on the same level as the best leagues in the world but its normal.

It would be like comparing a hockey rookie in the junior league to a talented well established NHL player, sure the guy is not there yet but give him time.

North America is a huge market in development.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:36 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
NDS was on CTV now he said with the team now with addition of 1 player he feels we can start the season and have good expectations about the season. He doesnt expect us to sign any DP before june depending on the team's position.
We have a good team but need more than that. Let's try to be contender and not just have good expectations.

We need 2 legit guys on the wings. If Pisanu comes its good as long there is plans to bring another good player as reinforcement in June. But would be nice to have one before this since waiting a half season can cost us precious pts to get into the playoff. Would help having some depth to be able to compete on 2 front and win the Canadian cup too.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTotheCup View Post
We have a good team but need more than that. Let's try to be contender and not just have good expectations.

We need 2 legit guys on the wings. If Pisanu comes its good as long there is plans to bring another good player as reinforcement in June. But would be nice to have one before this since waiting a half season can cost us precious pts to get into the playoff. Would help having some depth to be able to compete on 2 front and win the Canadian cup too.
From what I understand we're probably going to start the season with the current team + Pisanu. Not sure if Atnaud stays or not, he is probably not tradable at this point. This would be a disappointment because we need another legit playmaker or box-to-box midfielder. Maybe they think they can get ghose guys from the draft.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:58 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1375
Quote:
From what I understand we're probably going to start the season with the current team + Pisanu. Not sure if Atnaud stays or not, he is probably not tradable at this point. This would be a disappointment because we need another legit playmaker or box-to-box midfielder. Maybe they think they can get ghose guys from the draft.
I guess they also think guys like Felipe, Wenger, Mallace, Brovsky, Valentin and Iapichino will give us more than what they gave us last year. They're all a year older and they should all contribute more, especially Mallace, I think. Felipe will probably be more consistent and I expect Brovsky to continue his growth. As far as Valentin and Iapichino goes, they should be very valuable back ups.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Maxpac

Pretty sad that IMFC has Alexandro freackin Nesta in the line-up and are not going all in to win this. After next season he and Di Vaio are gone, we have the money and the connections, so why not atleast try to sign somebody. Last year we made an offer to Seedorf that a team with much less funds in Brazil,of all places, outbid us. Imagine what would the team had looked loke having Milan's #10 in the line-up...

Old
01-02-2013, 10:49 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
NDS is a chump.

Old
01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Good news!

Nick Sabetti ‏@Nick_Sabetti

Bologna FC confirms that a deal has been reached, and Andrea Pisanu is coming to the Montreal Impact. Should be in town next week. #IMFC

Last edited by QuebecPride: 01-03-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old
01-03-2013, 02:06 PM
pine
irregistered user

1 yr loan

Old
01-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Captain Saku

Great. We'll see where he's going to play. He played on the right wing during the tryout but his natural position is behind the striker (felipe's position).

Old
01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

I'm far from a Soccer expert, but some on Twitter are worried about the overall quality of Pisanu. I mean, he can't be worse than Arnaud can he?

Old
01-03-2013, 03:06 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

It's always a concern for anyone to play here because of the difference in style of play and turf. He looked good in his trial and that's what matters for now.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Is he good?

Old
01-03-2013, 03:11 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Great. We'll see where he's going to play. He played on the right wing during the tryout but his natural position is behind the striker (felipe's position).
Hopefully they play him on the right wing. Felipe was a perfect CAM for us last year, no need to mess with that. Pisanu looked good on the wing during his trial, he should be our starting right winger.

Di Vaio
Mapp/Nyassi (gotta upgrade that position) - Felipe - Pisanu
Bernier - Warner/Mallace
Brovsky - Ferrari/Rivas - Nesta/Rivas - Camara
Perkins

Not so bad

Old
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Hopefully they play him on the right wing. Felipe was a perfect CAM for us last year, no need to mess with that. Pisanu looked good on the wing during his trial, he should be our starting right winger.

Di Vaio
Mapp/Nyassi (gotta upgrade that position) - Felipe - Pisanu
Bernier - Warner/Mallace
Brovsky - Ferrari/Rivas - Nesta/Rivas - Camara
Perkins

Not so bad
Mapp/Nyassi on the left is good to start the season with at least.

On the LB position, with a new european coach I think Iapichino will be mostly used there. I think we have a weakness in this position, we can certainly do better.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Whats good about pisanu is that he only is 30... compared to di vaio, nesta and corradi.. hopefully di vaio and nesta arent due to a major downgrade.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Is he good?
Mediocre by Serie A standards, was very promising in his youth and has aged badly since his Parma days. Never lived up to the potential he showed debuting in Serie A at 16. Still a creative player who works best behind the forwards or on the wings, would be nice to have someone who can take the playmaking load off Felipe.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:23 PM
pine
irregistered user

A journalist from Bologna wants to bet me 10 euros that Pisanu will get injured within his first 3 #MLS games. He seems convinced #IMFC

http://twitter.com/Nick_Sabetti/stat...68676740112384

Old
01-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Mediocre by Serie A standards, was very promising in his youth and has aged badly since his Parma days. Never lived up to the potential he showed debuting in Serie A at 16. Still a creative player who works best behind the forwards or on the wings, would be nice to have someone who can take the playmaking load off Felipe.
Well as long as he's better than Arnaud it's fine. I just watched some of his highlights on youtube, can't say I'm excited, but I hope he'll be able to create opportunities for Wenger and Di Vaio.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Geester76

If the guy is able to center and able to work set pieces I think he is a good acquisition. Impact's players last year sucked a lot in those situation especially on corners. I believe it was in many games the difference between wins and loses.Other teams were able to get back in the games from corners and sets pieces after good start from the Impact and manage to win late in games.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:19 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geester76 View Post
If the guy is able to center and able to work set pieces I think he is a good acquisition. Impact's players last year sucked a lot in those situation especially on corners. I believe it was in many games the difference between wins and loses.Other teams were able to get back in the games from corners and sets pieces after good start from the Impact and manage to win late in games.
A coach that knows how to teach set pieces should be a big improvement in that regard. Nesta got pissed at Marsch for this very reason if I remember correctly.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Geester76

Quote:
A coach that knows how to teach set pieces should be a big improvement in that regard. Nesta got pissed at Marsch for this very reason if I remember correctly.
If Nesta said that I understand why Marsch was in quicksands. By the way do you think the Swiss canditates as coach are a viable option. I mean they likely speak French and Italian and English and German and even Romanche . They know for sure how to set pieces and know how to make tactical change in a game.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Nesta got pissed at Marsch for this very reason if I remember correctly.
He did?

Old
01-03-2013, 11:39 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
He did?
That was the rumour, if I remember correctly. There were rumours that Nesta took it upon himself to direct the set pieces during the games. Maybe I'm mixing up stuff, but that's what I remember. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
That was the rumour, if I remember correctly. There were rumours that Nesta took it upon himself to direct the set pieces during the games. Maybe I'm mixing up stuff, but that's what I remember. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
That's something I actually remember seeing. Nesta acted like a coach on set pieces, but I thought that Marsch wanted him to do that.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:17 AM
The Russian General
#CanadaAndRefsTeam

As long as we have NDS in there, we're doomed. Get that ********** out of there.

Closed Thread