HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 12.0 - The "Un-Stickied" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2013, 04:27 PM
  #326
RoadTotheCup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
MLS is not a big fail, Its a young league who is growing up. Sure it is not on the same level as the best leagues in the world but its normal.

It would be like comparing a hockey rookie in the junior league to a talented well established NHL player, sure the guy is not there yet but give him time.

North America is a huge market in development.

RoadTotheCup is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 04:36 PM
  #327
RoadTotheCup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
NDS was on CTV now he said with the team now with addition of 1 player he feels we can start the season and have good expectations about the season. He doesnt expect us to sign any DP before june depending on the team's position.
We have a good team but need more than that. Let's try to be contender and not just have good expectations.

We need 2 legit guys on the wings. If Pisanu comes its good as long there is plans to bring another good player as reinforcement in June. But would be nice to have one before this since waiting a half season can cost us precious pts to get into the playoff. Would help having some depth to be able to compete on 2 front and win the Canadian cup too.

RoadTotheCup is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 05:12 PM
  #328
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 9,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTotheCup View Post
We have a good team but need more than that. Let's try to be contender and not just have good expectations.

We need 2 legit guys on the wings. If Pisanu comes its good as long there is plans to bring another good player as reinforcement in June. But would be nice to have one before this since waiting a half season can cost us precious pts to get into the playoff. Would help having some depth to be able to compete on 2 front and win the Canadian cup too.
From what I understand we're probably going to start the season with the current team + Pisanu. Not sure if Atnaud stays or not, he is probably not tradable at this point. This would be a disappointment because we need another legit playmaker or box-to-box midfielder. Maybe they think they can get ghose guys from the draft.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 09:58 PM
  #329
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
From what I understand we're probably going to start the season with the current team + Pisanu. Not sure if Atnaud stays or not, he is probably not tradable at this point. This would be a disappointment because we need another legit playmaker or box-to-box midfielder. Maybe they think they can get ghose guys from the draft.
I guess they also think guys like Felipe, Wenger, Mallace, Brovsky, Valentin and Iapichino will give us more than what they gave us last year. They're all a year older and they should all contribute more, especially Mallace, I think. Felipe will probably be more consistent and I expect Brovsky to continue his growth. As far as Valentin and Iapichino goes, they should be very valuable back ups.

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now  
Old
01-02-2013, 10:34 PM
  #330
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,064
vCash: 500
Pretty sad that IMFC has Alexandro freackin Nesta in the line-up and are not going all in to win this. After next season he and Di Vaio are gone, we have the money and the connections, so why not atleast try to sign somebody. Last year we made an offer to Seedorf that a team with much less funds in Brazil,of all places, outbid us. Imagine what would the team had looked loke having Milan's #10 in the line-up...

Maxpac is offline  
Old
01-02-2013, 10:49 PM
  #331
pine
irregistered user
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,459
vCash: 50
NDS is a chump.

pine is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
  #332
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,079
vCash: 500
Good news!

Nick Sabetti ‏@Nick_Sabetti

Bologna FC confirms that a deal has been reached, and Andrea Pisanu is coming to the Montreal Impact. Should be in town next week. #IMFC


Last edited by QuebecPride: 01-03-2013 at 02:10 PM.
QuebecPride is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:06 PM
  #333
pine
irregistered user
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,459
vCash: 50
1 yr loan

pine is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:34 PM
  #334
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 9,829
vCash: 500
Great. We'll see where he's going to play. He played on the right wing during the tryout but his natural position is behind the striker (felipe's position).

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
  #335
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,079
vCash: 500
I'm far from a Soccer expert, but some on Twitter are worried about the overall quality of Pisanu. I mean, he can't be worse than Arnaud can he?

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 03:06 PM
  #336
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,984
vCash: 500
It's always a concern for anyone to play here because of the difference in style of play and turf. He looked good in his trial and that's what matters for now.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 03:08 PM
  #337
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Is he good?

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 03:11 PM
  #338
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Great. We'll see where he's going to play. He played on the right wing during the tryout but his natural position is behind the striker (felipe's position).
Hopefully they play him on the right wing. Felipe was a perfect CAM for us last year, no need to mess with that. Pisanu looked good on the wing during his trial, he should be our starting right winger.

Di Vaio
Mapp/Nyassi (gotta upgrade that position) - Felipe - Pisanu
Bernier - Warner/Mallace
Brovsky - Ferrari/Rivas - Nesta/Rivas - Camara
Perkins

Not so bad

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
  #339
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 9,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Hopefully they play him on the right wing. Felipe was a perfect CAM for us last year, no need to mess with that. Pisanu looked good on the wing during his trial, he should be our starting right winger.

Di Vaio
Mapp/Nyassi (gotta upgrade that position) - Felipe - Pisanu
Bernier - Warner/Mallace
Brovsky - Ferrari/Rivas - Nesta/Rivas - Camara
Perkins

Not so bad
Mapp/Nyassi on the left is good to start the season with at least.

On the LB position, with a new european coach I think Iapichino will be mostly used there. I think we have a weakness in this position, we can certainly do better.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 04:14 PM
  #340
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Whats good about pisanu is that he only is 30... compared to di vaio, nesta and corradi.. hopefully di vaio and nesta arent due to a major downgrade.

Montreal Impact FC is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 05:21 PM
  #341
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Is he good?
Mediocre by Serie A standards, was very promising in his youth and has aged badly since his Parma days. Never lived up to the potential he showed debuting in Serie A at 16. Still a creative player who works best behind the forwards or on the wings, would be nice to have someone who can take the playmaking load off Felipe.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 05:23 PM
  #342
pine
irregistered user
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,459
vCash: 50
A journalist from Bologna wants to bet me 10 euros that Pisanu will get injured within his first 3 #MLS games. He seems convinced #IMFC

http://twitter.com/Nick_Sabetti/stat...68676740112384

pine is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 06:21 PM
  #343
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Mediocre by Serie A standards, was very promising in his youth and has aged badly since his Parma days. Never lived up to the potential he showed debuting in Serie A at 16. Still a creative player who works best behind the forwards or on the wings, would be nice to have someone who can take the playmaking load off Felipe.
Well as long as he's better than Arnaud it's fine. I just watched some of his highlights on youtube, can't say I'm excited, but I hope he'll be able to create opportunities for Wenger and Di Vaio.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 06:50 PM
  #344
Geester76
Registered User
 
Geester76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
If the guy is able to center and able to work set pieces I think he is a good acquisition. Impact's players last year sucked a lot in those situation especially on corners. I believe it was in many games the difference between wins and loses.Other teams were able to get back in the games from corners and sets pieces after good start from the Impact and manage to win late in games.

Geester76 is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 07:19 PM
  #345
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geester76 View Post
If the guy is able to center and able to work set pieces I think he is a good acquisition. Impact's players last year sucked a lot in those situation especially on corners. I believe it was in many games the difference between wins and loses.Other teams were able to get back in the games from corners and sets pieces after good start from the Impact and manage to win late in games.
A coach that knows how to teach set pieces should be a big improvement in that regard. Nesta got pissed at Marsch for this very reason if I remember correctly.

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 08:04 PM
  #346
Geester76
Registered User
 
Geester76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
A coach that knows how to teach set pieces should be a big improvement in that regard. Nesta got pissed at Marsch for this very reason if I remember correctly.
If Nesta said that I understand why Marsch was in quicksands. By the way do you think the Swiss canditates as coach are a viable option. I mean they likely speak French and Italian and English and German and even Romanche . They know for sure how to set pieces and know how to make tactical change in a game.

Geester76 is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 11:23 PM
  #347
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Nesta got pissed at Marsch for this very reason if I remember correctly.
He did?

Maxpac is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 11:39 PM
  #348
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
He did?
That was the rumour, if I remember correctly. There were rumours that Nesta took it upon himself to direct the set pieces during the games. Maybe I'm mixing up stuff, but that's what I remember. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 12:35 AM
  #349
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
That was the rumour, if I remember correctly. There were rumours that Nesta took it upon himself to direct the set pieces during the games. Maybe I'm mixing up stuff, but that's what I remember. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
That's something I actually remember seeing. Nesta acted like a coach on set pieces, but I thought that Marsch wanted him to do that.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 02:17 AM
  #350
The Russian General
#CanadaAndRefsTeam
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 10,757
vCash: 500
As long as we have NDS in there, we're doomed. Get that ********** out of there.

The Russian General is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.