HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Is Cole Bardreau draft eligible?

Old
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Is Cole Bardreau draft eligible?

I would guess that if he is then someone would take a shot on him.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
I can see someone taking a late round flyer on the guy. Most likely he'll catch on somewhere as an undrafted UFA in a couple seasons when he's done at Cornell.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
I would guess that if he is then someone would take a shot on him.
He is, but his stats in NCAA are pretty weak and he's already 19. I could see a team who drafts overage guys in rounds 5-7 take a flyer on him.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
He is, but his stats in NCAA are pretty weak and he's already 19. I could see a team who drafts overage guys in rounds 5-7 take a flyer on him.
You obviously haven't watched Bardreau at Cornell.

First, Cornell is not a high scoring team like say Boston College or Minnesota. They're a defense-first team, always have been.

Second, if you look at the role that Bardreau plays with Team USA, it's somewhat similar to the role that he plays in at Cornell. BTW, if you're expecting Bardreau to rip up the scoresheet the way Johnny Gaudreau does/can, you're going to be disappointed. He can and has scored goals - usually of the ugly variety, but he's not a high scoring forward and hasn't been since he's been at Cornell.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
You obviously haven't watched Bardreau at Cornell.

First, Cornell is not a high scoring team like say Boston College or Minnesota. They're a defense-first team, always have been.

Second, if you look at the role that Bardreau plays with Team USA, it's somewhat similar to the role that he plays in at Cornell. BTW, if you're expecting Bardreau to rip up the scoresheet the way Johnny Gaudreau does/can, you're going to be disappointed. He can and has scored goals - usually of the ugly variety, but he's not a high scoring forward and hasn't been since he's been at Cornell.
Nope I haven't, but I am definitely not expecting Bardreau to rip it up. He'd have to have higher stats there to go in the first couple of rounds though, because he's more of a defensive player. That's not a bad thing though.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Nope I haven't, but I am definitely not expecting Bardreau to rip it up. He'd have to have higher stats there to go in the first couple of rounds though, because he's more of a defensive player. That's not a bad thing though.
The draft is always so unpredictable as I'm sure you know. Depending on which team(s) really like and want Bardreau, he could potentially go higher than most people expect. That was the case with Shayne Gostisbehere last year. Many draft watchers figured that he wouldn't go before the 5th round, if at all. But the Flyers (and from what I heard several other NHL teams) were very high on Gostisbehere, so much so that they didn't want to risk not getting him, so they took him in the 3rd round while he was still available.

Now, I'm not saying that this will be the case with Bardreau, but anything's possible.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote