HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Afino's 2012-2013 Lockout-Ending OT Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
  #351
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 19,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
I parent with hatred and contempt.

Clock is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:09 AM
  #352
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
http://butmyopinionisright.tumblr.co...ig-bang-theory

I find it kind of funny when people do such a deep analysis of a damn comedy. As a semi-geek/nerd, I truly have trouble understanding why others get offended by the show and think it's putting them down.

vcv is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:21 AM
  #353
Penalty Killa
Registered User
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
http://butmyopinionisright.tumblr.co...ig-bang-theory

I find it kind of funny when people do such a deep analysis of a damn comedy. As a semi-geek/nerd, I truly have trouble understanding why others get offended by the show and think it's putting them down.
I started to read it, but then I was like "whoatoomanywords."

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:49 AM
  #354
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 37,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
You mean I wasn't supposed to scream in her face and call her a worthless excuse for a kid?
It's a sign that she needs a sibling...born in 2013...at either Children's or Suburban...

As for Big Bang Theory...I watched the first couple episodes and it just didn't work for me...I figured being a semi-nerd myself I'd like it, but it felt too forced and stuff. People tell me it gets better and the first few episodes are rough, but I didn't feel like investing more time to find out.

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:55 AM
  #355
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
It's a sign that she needs a sibling...born in 2013...at either Children's or Suburban...

As for Big Bang Theory...I watched the first couple episodes and it just didn't work for me...I figured being a semi-nerd myself I'd like it, but it felt too forced and stuff. People tell me it gets better and the first few episodes are rough, but I didn't feel like investing more time to find out.
Yeah you can't go in expecting too much. The most you'll get out of it are a few laughs.

vcv is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:57 AM
  #356
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 12,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
http://butmyopinionisright.tumblr.co...ig-bang-theory

I find it kind of funny when people do such a deep analysis of a damn comedy. As a semi-geek/nerd, I truly have trouble understanding why others get offended by the show and think it's putting them down.
Why so much analysis? The problem with The Big Bang Theory is that it's just not funny, that's all.

Myllz is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:28 AM
  #357
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Why so much analysis? The problem with The Big Bang Theory is that it's just not funny, that's all.
I don't know and I find it funny sometimes, sometimes not at all.

vcv is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:29 AM
  #358
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,918
vCash: 500
First day I've been able to get out of bed all week. This cold/flu is the pits. I've already lost over 5 pounds.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:37 AM
  #359
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
Belated Happy New Years Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday.

Congrats to Ace and Pix.

My 2 week hiatus from work and life in general is over, and now I need a vacation to recover from my time off

Big news for me was that my GF moved in and I now have a garage full of boxes and furniture.

Crazy Tasty is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 10:58 AM
  #360
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 37,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
Belated Happy New Years Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday.

Congrats to Ace and Pix.

My 2 week hiatus from work and life in general is over, and now I need a vacation to recover from my time off

Big news for me was that my GF moved in and I now have a garage full of boxes and furniture.
And if we don't see you for 363 days, Happy New Year to you too

Looks like things getting serious in your relationship, wishing you all the luck in the world. The kids excited about the move-in?

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 11:00 AM
  #361
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
I don't know and I find it funny sometimes, sometimes not at all.
What I don't understand is how like 50 million people supposedly watch it every week.

Afino is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
  #362
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
Belated Happy New Years Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday.

Congrats to Ace and Pix.

My 2 week hiatus from work and life in general is over, and now I need a vacation to recover from my time off

Big news for me was that my GF moved in and I now have a garage full of boxes and furniture.
Wow, Crazy, a garage full of boxes and furniture - that is freaking awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
What I don't understand is how like 50 million people supposedly watch Big Bang Theory every week.
Female reason: Making fun of geeky guys is good comedy.
Male reason: Kaley Cuoco is a hottie.

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 11:52 AM
  #363
minuteater
does not cohmpeet
 
minuteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Why so much analysis? The problem with The Big Bang Theory is that it's just not funny, that's all.
This is how I feel. I like self deprecation and am somewhat of a nerd but I agree with Grigs, the humor is too forced.

minuteater is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 01:09 PM
  #364
cybresabre
Registred usre
 
cybreSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wNY
Posts: 6,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by minuteater View Post
This is how I feel. I like self deprecation and am somewhat of a nerd but I agree with Grigs, the humor is too forced.
There's just something disingenuous about laugh tracks.

I am not a fan of the show, but it's a lot less mind numbing than most crap on tv. I'd rather watch Big Bang Theory than a show about some English-subtitled redneck rambling on about catching alligators or a show about some shrill broad at a shipping auction screaming about yet another secret stash of money hidden behind a painting. I'd rather watch a blank screen than any of those options, though.

cybresabre is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 01:10 PM
  #365
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
And if we don't see you for 363 days, Happy New Year to you too

Looks like things getting serious in your relationship, wishing you all the luck in the world. The kids excited about the move-in?
Thanks, it's been really great so far. Kiddo's are on board, they really like her and have spent a good amount of time around her to be excited about it.

Crazy Tasty is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 01:13 PM
  #366
Duddy
Everyday is
 
Duddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
There's just something disingenuous about laugh tracks.

I am not a fan of the show, but it's a lot less mind numbing than most crap on tv. I'd rather watch Big Bang Theory than a show about some English-subtitled redneck rambling on about catching alligators or a show about some shrill broad at a shipping auction screaming about yet another secret stash of money hidden behind a painting. I'd rather watch a blank screen than any of those options, though.

Stop lying, you turn to your computer and watch porn.

Duddy is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
  #367
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
There's just something disingenuous about laugh tracks.

I am not a fan of the show, but it's a lot less mind numbing than most crap on tv. I'd rather watch Big Bang Theory than a show about some English-subtitled redneck rambling on about catching alligators or a show about some shrill broad at a shipping auction screaming about yet another secret stash of money hidden behind a painting. I'd rather watch a blank screen than any of those options, though.
BBT doesn't use a laugh track.

vcv is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 01:42 PM
  #368
cybresabre
Registred usre
 
cybreSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wNY
Posts: 6,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
BBT doesn't use a laugh track.
Live studio audience laughter, maybe? I'd like to spend a day in the shoes of a sitcom's live studio audience member, their comedic bars are so low that they've got to be the happiest people in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
Stop lying, you turn to your computer and watch porn.
The tv screen would make a lot more sense, though! It's in the same room and much more reasonably sized. We're not like you sex-crazed Euros anyway, we get our thrills from violence.

cybresabre is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:51 PM
  #369
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,521
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
peter gabriellllll
OG will be by and tell you how awesome he is


__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 03:36 PM
  #370
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,857
vCash: 500
I would like to make a confession that I have been indulging in the guilty pleasure of listening to the Zac Brown band. That is all...carry on smartly

Old Navy Goat is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
  #371
Duddy
Everyday is
 
Duddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
Live studio audience laughter, maybe? I'd like to spend a day in the shoes of a sitcom's live studio audience member, their comedic bars are so low that they've got to be the happiest people in the country.


The tv screen would make a lot more sense, though! It's in the same room and much more reasonably sized. We're not like you sex-crazed Euros anyway, we get our thrills from violence.
Violent Anime tentacle Midget porn?

You're one sick Mofo.

now back to more PG OT.

Duddy is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 04:01 PM
  #372
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 12,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I would like to make a confession that I have been indulging in the guilty pleasure of listening to the Zac Brown band. That is all...carry on smartly

Myllz is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
  #373
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Eh, ONG kind of owns the deed to the Man Club. He can probably just reissue one for himself.

BuiltTagonTough is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 04:41 PM
  #374
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,379
vCash: 500
Depew next. Hopefully we don't get over the 35 minute late mark... I swear, the crews out of NYP and Albany are always late.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
  #375
Myllz
Pavelski Lite
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 12,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Eh, ONG kind of owns the deed to the Man Club. He can probably just reissue one for himself.
Yeah, I was thinking about that.

Myllz is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.