HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
One of Helenius or Tokarski will be with the Lightning. Vasilevski comes over and splits with the other.

Korobov/Gudas/Barberio have a shot at making the Lightning. With Ohlund presumably gone (buyout/retirement) there is AT LEAST 1 spot available. So imo one makes it, the others are used as 1st call up options.

8 forwards signed or RFA for next season who are locks (providing none are bought out/traded for cap space). Thompson, Crombeen and maybe Wyman are re-signed. That gives you 10/11 forwards, so 2/3 spaces. Connolly, Brown, Killorn, Conacher, Johnson fight it out.

And you forgot Hutchings.
Hall might return.

and while Hutchings isn't on the chart, he's not that great. Diver too.

Landry is better at defense (and left off as well) than Hutchings is at forward.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:31 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Hall might return.

Landry is better at defense (and left off as well) than Hutchings is at forward.
Hutchings has 9 goals and 11 assists for 20 points in 25 ECHL games for the Florida Everblades. That doesn't really sound that bad.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:32 PM
CC321

Hutchings wasn't included because his contract is up and he hasn't been able to crack the AHL lineup, so not sure if the Bolts are going to resign him.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Hutchings has 9 goals and 11 assists for 20 points in 25 ECHL games for the Florida Everblades. That doesn't really sound that bad.
I get what you're saying, but in the games of his I've seen live, he hasn't come across well.

It's not his production so much as it is his sneaky, cheap attitude.

Of course, I was hugely partisan for the other team.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/Russostrib
Quote:
#gophers C Nick Bjugstad (6 points in Mariucci Classic) #WCHA Offensive Player of Week; G Adam Wilcox (stopped 50/51 shots) Rookie of Week

Old
01-03-2013, 04:40 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Hall might return.

He would make most AHL teams i'd say, so provided his play carrys over the rest of the season (haven't seen him this is pure stat watching) I can see him being re-signed.

I agree Hall could return, but I think that it would be Hall or Wyman, given the play of Conacher, Killorn, Johnson etc etc they deserve a chance to make the team. There is no point in filling up all the spots with role players. I mean what would Hall and Wyman bring that Hall or Wyman plus one of Conacher, Killorn and Johnson couldn't?

Old
01-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
He would make most AHL teams i'd say, so provided his play carrys over the rest of the season (haven't seen him this is pure stat watching) I can see him being re-signed.

I agree Hall could return, but I think that it would be Hall or Wyman, given the play of Conacher, Killorn, Johnson etc etc they deserve a chance to make the team. There is no point in filling up all the spots with role players. I mean what would Hall and Wyman bring that Hall or Wyman plus one of Conacher, Killorn and Johnson couldn't?
You know where this argument is going. Veteran leadership. Intangibles. Experience.

I don't think Hutchings will be re-signed because he doesn't play Lightning hockey. Last time I saw him, on Dec 27th and 28th, I couldn't help but feel that Boucher would HATE the stuff he does.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 01-03-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
bassassin

Quote:
You know where this argument is going. Veteran leadership. Intangibles. Experience.
Yeah. But you know what the comeback is, experience and vet leadership in spades in the top 6, remainder of the bottom 6 and d. Vinny, Marty, Bugsy, Thompson, Salo, Brewer etc etc

I think some young blood would be good for the team, plus you can't tell me Conacher for example doesn't have intangibles, he is just a motor, always buzzing round the ice, with or without the puck.

Quote:
I don't think Hutchings will be re-signed because he doesn't play Lightning hockey. Last time I saw him, on Dec 27th and 28th, I couldn't help but feel that Boucher would HATE the stuff he does.
Thats fair enough then, as I said stats wise was all I could compare to, as while I watch the odd bit of the Crunch, I have never attempted to find a stream or video to watch an ECHL game.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:01 AM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
I was thinking about the AHL lineup for next season. It is overflowing a bit. Decisions, decisions.

Conacher|Johnson|Connolly
Palat|Killorn|Panik
Labrie|Namestnikov|Brown
Gauthier|Devos|Wyman
Richard|Paquette|Kucherov
------|Angelidis|Nielson

Barberio|Gudas
Aulie|Taormina
Oberg|Cote
Korobov|Nightingale
Nesterov|Sergeev

Tokarski
Helenius

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0
I really think we will be in contention next year again, we will get two new great dmen and at least one great scorer in Kucherov. So we would have a top 6 with Palat, Vladdi, Kucherov and at least 3 of the guys fighting for a Tampa spot. And right now I think Richard will push for a top6 role as well.

What do you think will happen with Labrie? With Crombeen in Tampa will he even get a chance. I still don't like the Crombeen trade as I think we could have Labrie for nothing and a few points on the scoresheet less.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:44 AM
CC321

Quote:
I was thinking about the AHL lineup for next season. It is overflowing a bit. Decisions, decisions.

Conacher|Johnson|Connolly
Palat|Killorn|Panik
Labrie|Namestnikov|Brown
Gauthier|Devos|Wyman
Richard|Paquette|Kucherov
------|Angelidis|Nielson

Barberio|Gudas
Aulie|Taormina
Oberg|Cote
Korobov|Nightingale
Nesterov|Sergeev

Tokarski
Helenius

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0
Let's say Johnson, Connolly, Korobov, and Tokarski jump to Tampa next season, and Hutchings, Oberg, and Nightingale are not resigned. Things then would look something like this.

Conacher|Killorn|Panik
Palat|Namestnikov|Brown
Gauthier|Devos|Kucherov
Richard|Paquette|Wyman
Labrie|Angelidis|Nielson

Barberio|Gudas
Aulie|Taormina
Nesterov|Cote
Witkowski|Sergeev

Helenius
Vasilevski

If Nesterov doesn't come over, then resign Oberg or maybe trade for someone like Michael Stone who is stuck in a Dman logjam in Phoenix.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
CC321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
What do you think will happen with Labrie? With Crombeen in Tampa will he even get a chance. I still don't like the Crombeen trade as I think we could have Labrie for nothing and a few points on the scoresheet less.
Crombeen is an UFA after this season, so it's possible that he never even wears a Lightning sweater. The Bolts picked up Crombeen mostly because they wanted to get tougher, but his skill level looks really low on video. I'd rather give his spot to one of the kids. I wonder if Killorn or Labrie would be willing to let someone punch them in the face once a month for a million dollars a year?

Old
01-04-2013, 11:16 AM
CC321

With Lindback being so young, I don't think I would be comfortable having either Tokarski or Helenius backing him up. Neither AHL goalie is excelling this season anyway. Maybe re-signing Garon to a one year deal would be the smart thing to do.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:42 AM
CC321

Ryan Hartman,
http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey...hockey,wp15134

Old
01-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
With Lindback being so young, I don't think I would be comfortable having either Tokarski or Helenius backing him up. Neither AHL goalie is excelling this season anyway. Maybe re-signing Garon to a one year deal would be the smart thing to do.
Yeah, Lindback's age is a factor here. There probably needs to be a stable vet on the roster, and Garon stays in our price range for a backup where everyone else seems pretty uninspiring.

Jason Labarbera and Chris Mason are the closest comparables to Garon this summer. Maybe Jose Theodore too. I'd take Garon of the bunch. Labarbera second.

We could of course bring back Lightning legend Curtis McElhinney.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 01-04-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old
01-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 476
I was under the impression Riku was with Tampa next year because the 2nd year of his contract was one way. Or because of the lockout is that not a factor till 14/15 season now?

Old
01-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
I was under the impression Riku was with Tampa next year because the 2nd year of his contract was one way. Or because of the lockout is that not a factor till 14/15 season now?
I hope that contract status doesn't play such a part in the team's future.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
That just means he'll be making NHL money regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or AHL. I assumed he was offered that contract because the Lightning had hopes he would be ready to be at least an NHL backup (based off his performance in Europe).

Right now though, neither AHL goalie looks all that impressive (from what I've seen).

Old
01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
That just means he'll be making NHL money regardless of whether he plays in the NHL or AHL. I assumed he was offered that contract because the Lightning had hopes he would be ready to be at least an NHL backup (based off his performance in Europe).

Right now though, neither AHL goalie looks all that impressive (from what I've seen).
Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification.
And yeah both guys have not been very good so far. Hope one of them steps up in the 2nd half of the season.

Tonight and Tomorrows game should be interesting for the Crunch, playing in Norfolk and all.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:13 PM
BoltSTH

Vasilevskiy is the goalie of the future, but he is probably 3 years away minimum; by then we should know a lot more of which of Lindback/Riku/Tic/Janus should be the backup.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Vasilevskiy is the goalie of the future, but he is probably 3 years away minimum; by then we should know a lot more of which of Lindback/Riku/Tic/Janus should be the backup.
Not I wouldnt welcome this "problem" but what if Lindback turns out to be as advertised and Vasi keeps developing into what they want? I guess thats what they are hoping.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Allaboard

You have to find out if your young guys can play, and there is quite a few in Syracuse with more coming. That said here is my starting lineup for the 2013 Bolts.

Purcel/Stamkos/St.Louis
Malone/Lecavalier/Conacher
Pouliot/T.Johnson/Connolly
Pyatt/Thomson/Crombeen

Hall/Tyrell

Carle/Hedman
Brewer/Salo
lee/Aulie

Mikkelson/Bergeron

Lindback/Garon

Wish there was room for Barbiero or Gudas but an extra year in the AHL won't hurt defensemen take longer to develop. Panik and Killorn would be the next up along with Palat and JT Brown. Vladdy needs to fill out and get a full year in the AHL. We need to get these kids in the lineup to see if they are able to make the jump.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:16 PM
CC321

Tanner Richard #9 vs Elias Lindholm,

Old
01-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Indian

Janus continues to perform really well with Slovan in the KHL. He is curently 5th in saves percentage with 93.4% and 2.04 GAA in 35 games (that's the second most games played for a goalteder).

Old
01-04-2013, 05:46 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

http://boltprospects.com/content/no-...ences-conacher
Quote:
Cory Conacher tries to not think about what could have been.

With the National Hockey League and the players’ association still working to resolve the lockout, the 5-8, 179-pound winger, who was expected to be a candidate for the Calder Trophy, knows that nothing is guaranteed.

"Even if the NHL figures it out and I get a chance to play in Tampa, I can't expect to be the best player and get all the points," Conacher said. "I have to do the little things that will help Tampa Bay win, and that's what is most important."
Quote:
After a successful rookie season, Conacher has put up 12 goals and 15 assists in 32 games this year. It's not quite the pace he set last year, but the points that matter to Conacher are the two in the standings.

"That happens, guys get in slumps," he said. "Luckily for me, I've been in a slump here and there, but our team has been winning."

Conacher has continued to work on those little things that will get him to the next level, whether it's blocking shots, finishing checks, or occasionally dropping the gloves.

The multiple marks on his nose are evidence of the last item on that list. Conacher finished off a Gordie Howe hat trick Dec. 29 against St. John's.

"The second fight didn't go as smoothly as the first one," Conacher said while smiling.

Despite being caught with a hit up high late in his shift, Conacher engaged the IceCaps player.

"Last year, I'd get hit like that and wouldn't do anything," he said. "This year, I have that element in my game where if something dirty happens, I'm not scared to drop the gloves anymore."

Even with all the success and his game rounding out, Conacher still doesn't look back on what could have been – whether he had been drafted, signed by a different team or if he was in the NHL now.

"Everything happens for a reason," he said.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:42 PM
newham89

http://atdhenet.tv/52505/watch-syrac...rfolk-admirals

Closed Thread