HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 07:16 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf27 View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!! From what you hear? That is a big big crock of crap. If Smith was unhappy with Altshuller I don't think he plays him almost every game and oh ya he is near the top of the league in his first real number 1 season. The only reason he would even want Pavelka is for a backup if Altshuller goes down. Nice try though.
I think your "!" button got stuck.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:25 PM
H44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
I think your "!" button got stuck.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:01 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I think they would trade Altshuller. and keep Dekort and Kuchmey,giving them an 18 year old and 19 year old in Kuchmey,instead of 2-19 year olds with Altshuller
Legend dropping some knowledge. That would surprise me if that happened only because they want to go for a Memorial Cup next year unless plans have changed recently?

Old
01-03-2013, 09:30 PM
hockeylegend11

Thought I mentioned it in the summer before the spits knew that Pavelka was returning,that the word was the spits were prepared to start the season with DeKort and Kuchmey,with Dekort being groomed for the run year, much like Anderson was for Missy a couple of years ago in their run
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Legend dropping some knowledge. That would surprise me if that happened only because they want to go for a Memorial Cup next year unless plans have changed recently?

Old
01-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Libbs

Well I think we have our answer as to the direction the team is going:

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/01...orial-cup-bid/

Old
01-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Ottomatic

This current team isn't good enough to host a Memorial Cup. Period. Now I know bad teams have hosted before and Branch shafted us before because he (all but) promised the hosting gig to two teams at the same time and sided with the money BUT I don't want to host and get blown off the ice.

The rumors of Khokhlachev and Pavelka being offered around makes more sense in that they are our two pieces of any value that wouldn't be back next year. Pav almost stayed home this year, and will probably look for a pro gig back home - and even if he was looking to come back for an OA season the OA/Import combo makes it unlikely we'd have a spot for him.

I don't think Posa will be dealt, mostly because I don't think he has value more than a 4th round pick and given our lack of 19/20 yr old vets we'd need to keep our Captain around given the piddling return value.

Also I don't think the league will want to "reward" a franchise they just slapped a big penalty on for breaking league rules or want it rehashed over and over again both in stories should Windsor be awarded the host gig and then for the week everybody is here. Nor do I think Branch wants to show his face in Windsor and get booed out of the arena on national television and look like a jackass.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 01-03-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old
01-04-2013, 12:29 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Well I think we have our answer as to the direction the team is going:

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/01...orial-cup-bid/
This really isn't a surprise, no way they would swallow there pride and rebuild... I think they want Koko back mostly to trade him, along with Pav...I can now see Vail and Sieloff stayin 100%.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:13 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
This current team isn't good enough to host a Memorial Cup. Period. Now I know bad teams have hosted before and Branch shafted us before because he (all but) promised the hosting gig to two teams at the same time and sided with the money BUT I don't want to host and get blown off the ice.

The rumors of Khokhlachev and Pavelka being offered around makes more sense in that they are our two pieces of any value that wouldn't be back next year. Pav almost stayed home this year, and will probably look for a pro gig back home - and even if he was looking to come back for an OA season the OA/Import combo makes it unlikely we'd have a spot for him.

I don't think Posa will be dealt, mostly because I don't think he has value more than a 4th round pick and given our lack of 19/20 yr old vets we'd need to keep our Captain around given the piddling return value.

Also I don't think the league will want to "reward" a franchise they just slapped a big penalty on for breaking league rules or want it rehashed over and over again both in stories should Windsor be awarded the host gig and then for the week everybody is here. Nor do I think Branch wants to show his face in Windsor and get booed out of the arena on national television and look like a jackass.
If the Spits do put in a bid for the Memorial Cup they have a hell of a lot of nerve. Unless 'Wee Davie' promised them the Cup for not suing the league and spilling the beans on the other cheaters in public I can't see them getting it.
This has been a .500 team from the get go this year and unless WR can hit a couple of home runs by the 10th or 17th depending, the team will be very lucky to make the playoffs.[and go 0 for 2 and out].
If the fan base (STH) doesn't fall off 20% I'll be very surprised. People can put up with losing if they see a light at the end of the tunnel or they see the team putting in a good effort, neither of which has happened this year.
I guess we'll find out in a few days the real direction the team will be taking by the action or lack of action by management.
I agree the top chips in play have to be Koko and Pavelka. No one has made any moves of significance yet, but you know the *itty is going to hit the fanny by Monday. The two major underachieving 1st rounders are in all likelihood attached at the hip to a trade(s) that can't be made until the U-17 & WJHC finish. At least one would hope so...... But wouldn't it be nice if one of our U.S. draft flyers decided to jump ship in mid steam and head our way as have a couple of the other teams draft picks have done in the last week or so........

Old
01-04-2013, 08:32 AM
izzys

i heard a lil rumour last night form a guy who u can say is 50/50

3 teams have called about marchese and clarke

plus he has already told me that bateman ,maletta, posa ,pav,ebert r alll on the block so we already know that

any true to this legend ?
he also said once they know about the nhl the next day a true that would make me happy is coming

Old
01-04-2013, 09:26 AM
RayzorIsDull

Not surprised to see the organization wanting to go through with this. I wonder how many people buy the line of "we want to bring this to the community." It's more about the owners having another notch in their belt. It's nice to have but it's a tourney that lasts 9 days and once you have it you won't have it again for a very long time. I don't think Guelph still talks about how great it was to host the Memorial Cup.

It's not like we are talking about an average hockey team right now, we are clearly talking about a below average team that is threatening to miss the playoffs. Currently stand 9th and 1 point behind Saginaw but Erie is lurking only 5 points behind Windsor and 6 behind Saginaw. At least Erie has a player like McDavid for at least 2 more years after this. Right now Windsor just wants to sneak into the playoffs to at least show they are on the right track nevermind being a legit contender for anything next year.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
i heard a lil rumour last night form a guy who u can say is 50/50

3 teams have called about marchese and clarke

plus he has already told me that bateman ,maletta, posa ,pav,ebert r alll on the block so we already know that

any true to this legend ?
he also said once they know about the nhl the next day a true that would make me happy is coming
What trade could the Spits make that would be dependent on the NHL coming back (assume that, because they're not going to lose a season)? It would mean a team that is sure to lose players would be going in sell mode - and the only team that fits that bill is the Niagara team losing Dougie Hamilton and Ryan Strome.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:46 AM
izzys

Quote:
What trade could the Spits make that would be dependent on the NHL coming back (assume that, because they're not going to lose a season)? It would mean a team that is sure to lose players would be going in sell mode - and the only team that fits that bill is the Niagara team losing Dougie Hamilton and Ryan Strome.
im not sure he wouldnt tell me anymore ...

but like i said hes a 50/50 guy thats why i was asking other, hes not my normal guy i get my info from

Old
01-04-2013, 09:49 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
I like izzy but I have difficulty at times deciphering what he's saying.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:55 AM
izzys

i saying this guy that told me this is a 50/50 guy

if hee tells u 100 things u can only believe 50 things he tells u

so thats why i put it out there this morning if anyone has heard about this

Old
01-04-2013, 10:06 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
i saying this guy that told me this is a 50/50 guy

if hee tells u 100 things u can only believe 50 things he tells u

so thats why i put it out there this morning if anyone has heard about this
That's fine I understand that and thanks for the tidbits. I am just hoping for a lot of activity at the deadline. I don't like trades being made for the sake of making a trade but in this case they really need a shake up.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:37 AM
mstrninja

Maletta traded to Niagra for Picks. More to follow. Info came from Spits facebook page.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:45 AM
RayzorIsDull

Not shedding any tears, high pick he didn't produce and you have to move on. Going back home might be good for him but if the Dogs trade Strome and Ritchie I can't see Maletta thriving in NF.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrninja View Post
Maletta traded to Niagra for Picks. More to follow. Info came from Spits facebook page.
I wonder what the conditions on the picks are.

http://www.niagaraicedogs.net/articl...dsor-for-picks

Old
01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Not shedding any tears, high pick he didn't produce and you have to move on. Going back home might be good for him but if the Dogs trade Strome and Ritchie I can't see Maletta thriving in NF.
There is no team in Niagara Falls.

I'm curious on the condition of that 2nd round pick. (It would have to be London's, as that is all we have). My guess is that this is a gamble taken by the Dogs for the team that they are trying to rebuild for the opening of their new rink in 2014. Maletta will 19, and if nothing else, will be a big body that this team lacked in their last run.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Libbs

Who has our current draft board? How many 2014 2nd rounders do we have now?

They should come in handy for a run or a full rebuild next year (if we aren't awarded the Memorial Cup tournament).

Old
01-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Ottomatic

Niagara takes on the Gold Education package?

London's second rounder is basically a third rounder - and we traded Webermin for a 3rd and 4th with Saginaw taking on his education package so I have to believe we're off the hook with the education package.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:59 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Niagara takes on the Gold Education package?

London's second rounder is basically a third rounder - and we traded Webermin for a 3rd and 4th with Saginaw taking on his education package so I have to believe we're off the hook with the education package.
I think NF has room for one as well so hopefully they do take the gold education package. I hope another team can take Ebert's as well.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
I think NF has room for one as well so hopefully they do take the gold education package. I hope another team can take Ebert's as well.
We have two openings now and no first rounder - so it's not like we need to move them. I think it's a case of thinking we might actually have to pay out on them - to US colleges and costing $100,000+.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Who has our current draft board? How many 2014 2nd rounders do we have now?

They should come in handy for a run or a full rebuild next year (if we aren't awarded the Memorial Cup tournament).
I count 4 but that can change. At the very least maybe you can move one of those picks to get a 2013 2nd rounder. Unfortunately I think these picks are being stockpiled to move for players for a big 2014 Memorial Cup.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Libbs

Quote:
I count 4 but that can change. At the very least maybe you can move one of those picks to get a 2013 2nd rounder. Unfortunately I think these picks are being stockpiled to move for players for a big 2014 Memorial Cup.
I guess we shall see what shapes up the next week and what other deals are coming...

If all those players are on the block, I don't see how they think they will be competitive next year. We aren;t getting any impact players for those guys.

Closed Thread