HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Stats and Discussion: 2012-13

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 11:34 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
umm so you are impressed with his 2 points and a -9 in 5GP ?
He did ok considering he was the only NHL drafted player on his team but he is long ways away from making Yakupov expendable.
Wait what?!

I have no vision or idea to trade Yakupov. You must have me confused with someone else

And, as stated before, if he was generational, I still don't think he'd have stopped the German demise this tournament.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
rockinghockey

I feel after our 1st over all picks that we do not have much in the way of fwd prospects.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Spawn

Reider is having a terrible season this year compared to last. I wonder what happened. Although I guess it isn't just him on that team. Murphy and Faksa are both under PPG guys this year when they were above it last year.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Kayen
Yakityyakyakyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Reider is having a terrible season this year compared to last. I wonder what happened. Although I guess it isn't just him on that team. Murphy and Faksa are both under PPG guys this year when they were above it last year.
I blame Steve Spott.... look at what he did at the WJC. But his team must be absolutely gutted right now for the WJC, with that many guys gone the past few weeks, coach included.
Also didn't he have a nagging injury ?

Old
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
I blame Steve Spott.... look at what he did at the WJC. But his team must be absolutely gutted right now for the WJC, with that many guys gone the past few weeks, coach included.
Also didn't he have a nagging injury ?
Yeah, he has a nasty case of Ryan Murphy (plus a fracture in his foot, but that just happened in December).

Old
01-03-2013, 10:30 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I feel after our 1st over all picks that we do not have much in the way of fwd prospects.
Agreed. We spent so long taking dmen, that our cupboard is full of basically nothing but. Time to load up on forwards again

Old
01-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
With respect to Rieder, I think you have to be a little careful in saying that he is having a terrible season. His point totals are way down but he is still playing very well. His two way game is excellent. He has been terrific on the pk. And he still generates a lot of chances despite playing with a dog's breakfast of centers.

Last year he played with Michael Catenacci. He is a fiesty little guy and a terrific playmaker. Rieder is a very good finisher. They worked wonderfully together. They were both excellent forecheckers, causing alot of turnovers in the opposition end, and were both great on the transition game, attacking with speed and creativity. Murphy was also at the top of his game, and he fit very well with these two. These three were dangerous whenever they were on the ice pp, pk, es it did not matter.

Faksa is a completely different type of player than Catenacci. He is much more physical and more of a goal scorer, but he is not a great playmaker. He game is also much more static than Cattenacci, something that suits Matt Puempel quite well. He and Rieder do not mix nearly as well as Rieder did with Catnenacci. As I said, Faksa does seem to click with Puempel who has been the only Ranger who has consistently put the puck in the net.

The Rangers have simply not been able to score this year. So to try and kick start the offense Spott broke up the top line and has had Rieder playing with Ben Thomson (as he did last year) and mostly Mattia Marcantuoni. But Marcantuoni has been injured off and on so it has been a revolving door down the middle on that line. Even when he has been healthy, Marcantuoni has been hit and miss offensively and has strugglled defensively as well.

Rieder is a very smart and talented player. Unlike most here I don't think he has to be in the top six to be an effective player at the next level.

BTW: Rieder had 3 goals and 5 points playing for a German team that scored 9 goals in the whole tournament.

Last edited by Fourier: 01-04-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old
01-04-2013, 10:01 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
With respect to Rieder, I think you have to be a little careful in saying that he is having a terrible season. His point totals are way down but he is still playing very well. His two way game is excellent. He has been terrific on the pk. And he still generates a lot of chances despite playing with a dog's breakfast of centers.

Last year he played with Michael Catenacci. He is a fiesty little guy and a terrific playmaker. Rieder is a very good finisher. They worked wonderfully together. They were both excellent forecheckers, causing alot of turnovers in the opposition end, and were both great on the transition game, attacking with speed and creativity. Murphy was also at the top of his game, and he fit very well with these two. These three were dangerous whenever they were on the ice pp, pk, es it did not matter.

Faksa is a completely different type of player than Catenacci. He is much more physical and more of a goal scorer, but he is not a great playmaker. He game is also much more static than Cattenacci, something that suits Matt Puempel quite well. He and Rieder do not mix nearly as well as Rieder did with Catnenacci. As I said, Faksa does seem to click with Puempel who has been the only Ranger who has consistently put the puck in the net.

The Rangers have simply not been able to score this year. So to try and kick start the offense Spott broke up the top line and has had Rieder playing with Ben Thomson (as he did last year) and mostly Mattia Marcantuoni. But Marcantuoni has been injured off and on so it has been a revolving door down the middle on that line. Even when he has been healthy, Marcantuoni has been hit and miss offensively and has strugglled defensively as well.

Rieder is a very smart and talented player. Unlike most here I don't think he has to be in the top six to be an effective player at the next level.

BTW: Rieder had 3 goals and 5 points playing for a Greman team that scored 9 goals in the whole tournament.
Low amount of goals? Or 56% of all of Germany's offence? You be the judge...

I'm having faith in Rieder. MBS must have had one good pick, right?

Old
01-04-2013, 02:52 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 50
Quote:

BTW: Rieder had 3 goals and 5 points playing for a German team that scored 9 goals in the whole tournament.
Thanks for the analysis, Fourier. I was hoping you'd chime in, knowing that you watch a lot of this player. Your description of his play with Catenacci really makes me think he'd play well with Arcobello in the A next year. Is Arco a decent comparable to Catenacci? I watch all the Barons games, and "a fiesty little guy and a terrific playmaker" sounds about right to me.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Bure80

Quote:
Btw: He had great chemesty with Leon Draisaitl, who is Draft eligible 2014.
But i know the Oilers dont need C.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:46 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure80 View Post
Nu uh!

Seriously, the German Gretzky looks great. Can't wait to see how he plays in a couple years.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Thanks for the analysis, Fourier. I was hoping you'd chime in, knowing that you watch a lot of this player. Your description of his play with Catenacci really makes me think he'd play well with Arcobello in the A next year. Is Arco a decent comparable to Catenacci? I watch all the Barons games, and "a fiesty little guy and a terrific playmaker" sounds about right to me.
Hard to say since I did not see Arcobello when he was younger, but I do think Rieder will fit in well with him stylistically. Rieder will be a rookie next year so it is hard to say if they would play together.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:30 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
I'm not worried about Reider. The kid is just 19 and was chosen 114th overall. Whatever the Oilers get from him is gravy. Even if he never becomes an NHL regular... that's pretty much expected of 4th round picks anyway.

Kitchener is a much less offensive team this year than last. Last season they scored 3.72 goals per game and Rieder scored 1.42 pts per game... this year Kitchener is scoring 2.68 goals per game and Rieder is scoring .85 pts per game. Kitchener scoring has dropped 28% and his scoring has dropped 40%.

It would be nice if he was scoring at last year's rate or even higher but obviously that's not always possible as development isn't always a linear process.

I can still see his upside as a good 2 way top 9 winger regardless of his short term stats in Kitchener this year or what he's done at the WJC.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Usual_Suspect

Points for all 4 NCAA players who had games tonight

K Jones 1a
LaLeggia 1a
McCaron 1g
Simpson 2a

Old
01-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Bure80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I can still see his upside as a good 2 way top 9 winger regardless of his short term stats in Kitchener this year or what he's done at the WJC.
Just saying he had two goal more then Yakupov.Imagine he would play for a better team...
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...rieder-germany

Last edited by Bure80: 01-05-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old
01-09-2013, 06:28 AM
Bure80

Rieder 1G 1A yesterday.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:42 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Rieder 1G 1A yesterday.
Looks like it is just an assit right now.

I only saw about 5 minutes of the game, but it looks like Rieder is playing with Joshua Leivo who the Rangers just got in a deal with Sudbury. He is a Leaf prospect that is putting up pretty good numbers this year and a kid who scored over 30 goals in his draft year.

I think many around here thought the Rangers would be sellers at teh deadline but they went the other way. They also added Frankie Corrado so it seems clear that they are going to be going for it.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:

Just looked up this kid on hockey db...

2010-11 Mannheimer ERC U16 Schüler-BL
29GP 97G 95A 192PTS | Playoffs 5GP 16G 15A 31pts

a goalie less league??

Old
01-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

They call him The German Gretzky

Old
01-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Just looked up this kid on hockey db...

2010-11 Mannheimer ERC U16 Schüler-BL
29GP 97G 95A 192PTS | Playoffs 5GP 16G 15A 31pts

a goalie less league??
I have not seen him play for PA but he looks like he is having a decent season.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:53 AM
40oz

Quote:
I have not seen him play for PA but he looks like he is having a decent season.
More than decent considering he's not draft eligible til 2014

Old
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
More than decent considering he's not draft eligible til 2014
Yah, I was being conservative. He is also playing behind some vets.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Bure80

Quote:
Looks like it is just an assit right now.
I'm sure Rieder had 1 goal.I saw the video, it was clear to see Rieder scored.
For the Rangers announcer it was Rieder's goal too.

Spoke with someone who saw Draisaitl much.He said his points are not as great as his game.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:41 PM
40oz

Quote:

Spoke with someone who saw Draisaitl much.He said his points are not as great as his game.
Yah I think with players that young it's important to look for skills rather than production, because like Fourier said he's playing behind some vets which will almost always be in the case. Here's a good article from RenegadeStylings on Draisaitl. It's from in Sepetember though after a he saw him play a couple times. Would be interesting to get a more up to date report.
http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/20...draisaitl.html

Old
01-10-2013, 02:36 AM
Maverick41

Quote:

I also thought Rieder had gotten that one goal off the rebound but apparently it wasn't Rieder but Marcantuoni who got his stick to puck first. At least that seems to be the way the officials saw it.

Closed Thread