HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 11:14 PM
korpedo

vCash: 500
Longest month of my life

Old
01-04-2013, 10:19 AM
pfp

Isn't it likely that if the union files the disclaimer that next season could be in jeopardy? If that's the case I could understand waiting to see if this happens.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:28 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfp View Post
Isn't it likely that if the union files the disclaimer that next season could be in jeopardy? If that's the case I could understand waiting to see if this happens.
not a legal expert but I don't like the NHLPA's chances if this actually goes to a judge.

That being said it's the timeline that would create that gives us the issue. Sounds like judge would fast track his decision to help in this somewhat but yeah the days are getting shorter for them to get this resolved.

I don't believe the NHL fears the legal case to be honest. It's political suicide for the PA to pull this move. It will be hard for their friends in the media to spin this positively.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:48 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
not a legal expert but I don't like the NHLPA's chances if this actually goes to a judge.

That being said it's the timeline that would create that gives us the issue. Sounds like judge would fast track his decision to help in this somewhat but yeah the days are getting shorter for them to get this resolved.

I don't believe the NHL fears the legal case to be honest. It's political suicide for the PA to pull this move. It will be hard for their friends in the media to spin this positively.
Based on the NFL ruling last year it would be difficult IMO for a judge to fast track an anti-trust case or grant an injunction barring the lockout.

Old
01-04-2013, 04:37 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Based on the NFL ruling last year it would be difficult IMO for a judge to fast track an anti-trust case or grant an injunction barring the lockout.
John Shannon had a few tweets about the NHL lucking out with who was appointed and their willingness to rule quickly or something to that affect.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:12 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
John Shannon had a few tweets about the NHL lucking out with who was appointed and their willingness to rule quickly or something to that affect.
I think a lot of the NHL's preemptive case is just selecting the court in the event the PA starts pursuing a legal strategy. Brown vs NFL has already established that there must be a period of time between collective bargaining breakdown and when the union would have the right to pursue legal remedies for conduct permitted by collective bargaining, i.e. the lockout. Of course the court didn't define how long that period of time is.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:20 PM
_Del_

It'll get stuck with the NLRB even if they persue the DOI. The NLRB is going to have to make a decision, and they aren't going to want to. They were still deliberating six or seven or however many months after the NFLPA tried the DOI. The board will continue to put pressure on both sides the whole time to avoid making a ruling.
That's part of the reason the judge punted on the anti-trust issues and the lockout. It was still legally collective bargaining until the NLRB decides whether or not the negotiations were "in good faith" and whether the DOI was part of that process. Which is why the league filed the complaint with the NLRB about bad faith negotiating and the DOI talk the same day they lined up their judge for an eventual lockout ruling. The players might win antitrust cases eventually, but we're looking at least two years down the road from now. I don't think they have any intention of not signing a CBA between now and then. Which is why I also think the DOI is a farce. They chose the DOI precisely because they can quickly reform the union; they can't do that with a decertification.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:01 AM
CC96
Serious Offender

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...nt-source-says

Lockouts Over Jamison!!!! Time To Pony Up!!!!!

Old
01-06-2013, 08:33 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...nt-source-says

Lockouts Over Jamison!!!! Time To Pony Up!!!!!
Saw this on BoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
jessespector 4:55am via HootSuite EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING! RT @JSportsnet: Good news from Phoenix...the Jamison Group is on verge of announcing purchase of Coyotes from NHL.

So, could it be that the USA wins the WJC, lockout ends and the Sale is completed all at practically the same time? It's like hockey heaven.

/positive thoughts
now back to your regularly scheduled 2 weeks.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:42 AM
DesertDawg

IMO, Jamison has all the backers lined up, but all it takes is 1 to say wait until the CBA is in place. I just don't believe it's a coincidence. But then again, I don't care as long as the sale goes through...

Old
01-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
I figured if we could get the season going that this news would come fast...less messy that way

Old
01-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Mossy

So I haven't payed any attention to the Coyotes ownership messing during the off season or lockout. So could someone please give me a brief cliff notes of what's happened?

Old
01-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Fingers crossed!

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 01-06-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
"@CarrieWatters: It is good for Jamison as he looks to close his purchase of the #Coyotes. He said he plans to meet w/ Bettman & Daly late this week or next"
Well perhaps I am a little too early.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Just in time for another 2 weeks joke.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

In the mean time....

Saw a few posts saying some Red Wings players are coming to work out at the Ice Den within the next few days.

Maybe we can get Doaner to really bulldoze Jimmie Howard this time???

Old
01-06-2013, 08:58 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
My hero, feel free to diss the haters in here all you can. I am thinking about closing this thread and sticking a welcome Jamison thread. If GWI slithers out again, that will be kept in other areas. Good times indeed!

Could Wed's BOG meeting be the end?
Glad to have you as our admin! Somebody who really sticks up for us!

Old
01-06-2013, 11:54 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/01/0...13&feedID=3702. . Jamison: "Hopefully we can get it done in the next 2 or 3 weeks." *Sigh* I just want it to be over already.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:32 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Preds fan stopping in to pass on good karma in getting over the final hurdle to your new ownership...

it took an agonizingly long time for the final paperwork to get done when we went through this...

good luck!

Old
01-07-2013, 03:12 AM
ssmatik

Quote:
http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/01/0...13&feedID=3702. . Jamison: "Hopefully we can get it done in the next 2 or 3 weeks." *Sigh* I just want it to be over already.
I just can't help but believe that this is a whole lot of double-speak. The article includes actual quotes that instill zero confidence in me. I hope and pray that I'm wrong but I see too many things in this article to not be worried.

They need to talk about how a sale would occur? Are you kidding me?

I'm sorry to sound like a BOH poster but I'm starting to wonder if the lockout was always an easy out for him.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in front of the council "asking" for more time because the lockout messed up his plan. Council obviously says no and we have stern face Jamison outside the council chambers telling us all how he thinks this is a great hockey market but the council isn't willing to see it that way. But he has to respect their decision.

Cue Mr. Jones dancing a jig behind him.

Starting to feel like we've all been a part of our own little episode of Jungle Gold.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
MP

Eh. Bureaucracies, as a rule, never do anything quickly. Doubly so when they have to multitask. Probably shouldn't expect much until after the CBA is formalized and the season starts.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post

I'm sorry to sound like a BOH poster but
You're not sounding like a "BOH poster". What you are doing is something I rarely see in the ownership threads both at the main board and in the Coyotes Board, being objective! This whole cluster**** has has show to us time and time again that talk is cheap and actions speak louder words.

One way or another, we will know what is going down.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
CC96
Serious Offender

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...financing.html

So Sunnucks is reporting that all of a sudden Jamison doesn't have the money to purchase the Coyotes even though both Jamison and Bettman said the money was in escrow months ago. Anyone think that there is any truth to what Sunnucks is saying? or is he just reporting nonsense that he probably reads on the BOH boards.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...financing.html

So Sunnucks is reporting that all of a sudden Jamison doesn't have the money to purchase the Coyotes even though both Jamison and Bettman said the money was in escrow months ago. Anyone think that there is any truth to what Sunnucks is saying? or is he just reporting nonsense that he probably reads on the BOH boards.
Sunnucks has major creditibility issues but I wouldn't take anyone elses word in this cluster**** mess easy either.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:37 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'm not going to start sweating until January 15th.