HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Will the "Zucc" be back? (3/25: Agrees to terms)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
You're not sure what a legit NHLer will bring but you have no doubt about a guy who spent more time in the AHL than the NHL?
I think Miller will turn into a better player than Pyatt. For now sure Pyatt is more of a sure thing and Miller maybe a yr or two yrs away

Old
01-03-2013, 07:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think Miller will turn into a better player than Pyatt. For now sure Pyatt is more of a sure thing and Miller maybe a yr or two yrs away
What does any of that have to do with Zucarello?

01-03-2013, 07:34 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Pyatt has been an NHL regular all his career and Zuccarello has been a fringe NHLer when given the shot? Pyatt, by Zuccarello's age had played a few full seasons in the NHL. I'm not interested in Zuccarello in the slightest. Our top six is set and he is not a bottom six player, simple as that. Miller will, in my opinion, turn out better than Pyatt or Zucc, and luckily for us, IS the kind of guy who can play in the bottom six but, if he turns out well enough, can fill-in in the top-six and be effect in the case of injury. Zuccarello could fill in for injuries in the top-six well enough, but he would provide nothing as a regular in the bottom-six and, because it's he wouldn't be suited to that role, Torts would probably bounce him back to the AHL and it would be the same story all over for him. He's not a fit here.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Mr Atoz
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
What does any of that have to do with Zucarello?

About as much as Zucarello has to do with the Rangers.

Old
01-04-2013, 04:01 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

If his salary wasn't so high, he'd Get more call up's..

I doubt he'll be back with the Rangers, he might Get invited to the summer camp so he'll be wise in showing up there motivated.

His size, salary and injury history held him back, his skills and vision of the game is more than enough to secure a spot on a NHL roster, just don't think NYR is the place for him.

NYI on the other hand, he could fit in there..

Old
01-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Seriously?

It has much more to do with him not being a complete NHL player.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:21 AM
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!

How much longer are we going to have to hear about this guy?

What is the obsession?

Nobody said a word when we lost Parenteau, and Zucc couldn't hold PA's jock.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
At this point its worth bringing him up just to see people ***** about it.
Its absolutely hysterical

Old
01-04-2013, 09:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
How much longer are we going to have to hear about this guy?

What is the obsession?

Nobody said a word when we lost Parenteau, and Zucc couldn't hold PA's jock.
It's Pats Prucharello syndrome. The idea of the player is better than the player actually is.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:01 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
If the team viewed him as a legitimate scoring option for our top six, in the past or in the future, they'd have no problem whatsoever finding a spot for him. The problem is that the organization doesn't seem to feel that he's a capable regular at this point. And yes, his salary is too much for a spare forward.

If the team viewed him as a regular, his salary would make him a relative bargain.

Quote:
It's Pats Prucharello syndrome. The idea of the player is better than the player actually is.
Yup. And at least with Prucha, he had a terrific rookie season, so you could sort of understand why people remained high on him for so long. Zuccarello? He has shown flashes, but never any consistency. He's the classic small, skilled guy that's better suited for European hockey.

It's just pain.
Old
01-04-2013, 10:44 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Perhaps he should grow a set and man the **** up.
thank you. there was always an undertone of sentiment that this guy was hard-done and a diamond in the rough. but i don't buy it. he played over 50 games with the rangers. were he that good, he would have stuck. instead he and his fans whined and the rangers sent him on his way. nothing really against the guy but he got a much better shot than many who don't complain and don't have the benefit of a fan club. i'm sure there's a place for him in hockey and i imagine he could even get a shot at good minutes with a second division team a la parenteau. but the idea that he was mistreated irritates me and pisses on a lot of better players who got a lot less and took it much better.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:31 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
thank you. there was always an undertone of sentiment that this guy was hard-done and a diamond in the rough. but i don't buy it. he played over 50 games with the rangers. were he that good, he would have stuck. instead he and his fans whined and the rangers sent him on his way. nothing really against the guy but he got a much better shot than many who don't complain and don't have the benefit of a fan club. i'm sure there's a place for him in hockey and i imagine he could even get a shot at good minutes with a second division team a la parenteau. but the idea that he was mistreated irritates me and pisses on a lot of better players who got a lot less and took it much better.
Just to clarify this point--Zuccarello signed in the KHL, but the Rangers did qualify him and retain his rights. So while they didn't necessarily desire his services, they didn't want to kick him to the curb for nothing. There's still some level of interest there.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
NYR Viper

I was surprised there wasn't a team that would give the Rangers a late pick for his services. I agree with the people saying he could do well in the NHL. Just never happened with the Rangeras.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:00 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I don't think he'll ever do much in the NHL or be a real full-fledged regular, but I'm sure a team without offensive depth or lots of cap/budget available (space in their top-six which they need to fill while paying a minimal price) could give him a better shot. Fact is, we have no space in our top six and I wouldn't want him in my bottom six.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I was surprised there wasn't a team that would give the Rangers a late pick for his services. I agree with the people saying he could do well in the NHL. Just never happened with the Rangeras.
Or maybe the Ranger organization thinks he is worth more than a late round pick.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
If he was getting you a 1st or 2nd round pick, then great. He won't get that... He said he was going to the KHL... is it worth a 5th - 7th round pick to lose his rights? Probably not... Whose more likely to be a potentially be an asset... Zuch or a 6th round pick? - and I don't even like his game...

Old
01-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Kershaw

Zuccarello isn't in the NHL because he takes too many penalties.

Old
01-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Zuccarello isn't in the NHL because he takes too many penalties.
Ummm.... no. That's the least of his problems.

He's not gifted/developed enough for a top 6 role... His game doesn't add much to a bottom 6 position. There's your nut shell.

Old
01-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

His style fits the European game to tee; If he wants a consistent and fruitful full career its probably best for him to play in the KHL or SEL.

He isn't big or fast. He does well with time and space in the offensive zone picking out players. That is hard to get in the NHL unless you're on the power play.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
His style fits the European game to tee; If he wants a consistent and fruitful full career its probably best for him to play in the KHL or SEL.

He isn't big or fast. He does well with time and space in the offensive zone picking out players. That is hard to get in the NHL unless you're on the power play.
i dont understand why he was not resigned. maybe he knew that he would be sent to the AHL.. if he thinks he is too good for the AHL then the Rangers dont need those type of selfish attitudes. let him and Valentenko be best friends.. i would not want any player on my team that leaves an organization because they dont wanna go to the minors...

Old
01-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
I do recall an infamous Crosby or Prucha thread...

Old
01-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

No point playing in the American second tier for peanuts unless you think you have a chance to make it big time.

Playing in a better league for more money like the KHL is the way to go for a guy in that situation.

AHL is for development. It sure as hell isn't in the running as a competitor league for KHL or SEL

Old
01-04-2013, 05:28 PM
mooskating
flex

i think the start of the year he should've been left up over avery or christensen, given a few weeks to work out the kinks-- his mistakes while existent were not huge and be brought a lot on their end of the ice. he proved himself at the end of the year imo. he would not be a terrible addition if gabby has to be moved (though we'd likely get a good move in the process). I think the management made a stupid mistake last season not calling zucc up earlier. our powerplay was what, 1-22 and we all knew he could've improved that.

i have no doubt he will end up somewhere in the league barring injuries. if gabbs goes i could see zucc here, but otherwise i don't see him risking joining a team where he'll just be delegated to the minors. he has the skill to play in this league, we just don't have the need for him offensively-- if we didn't bring him up last season when our powerplay was 1 for 22 he clearly didn't catch their eyes.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:57 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I do recall an infamous Crosby or Prucha thread...
Yeeeeees.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I thought Tom Renney ruined Prucha?

Closed Thread