HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 09:09 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

vCash: 500
Ah yes, el declaracion de las graderias. The most trusted source in sports journalism.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Job is Whisenhunt's if he wants it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisTrap...23602921005056
and who is this guy?

Old
01-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Job is Whisenhunt's if he wants it:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisTrap...23602921005056
He "writes" for Bleacher Report and is from Buffalo. I doubt he has any inside source just speculating due to Wiz possibly getting a 2nd interview. That being said I am ****ing done with this team if this turns out true. We interview 2 people so far (one black for the rooney rule) and we are already giving Wiz the job? And Brandon said with a straight face the search would leave no stone unturned? We have to be the worst ****ing disgrace of a franchise. I pray to god when the team gets sold that it is to someone who A. Will keep team in Buffalo and B. Absolutely clean house and fire every one of these vile snakes. Get Russ Brandon, Jeff Littman, Overdorf and everyone else who has been holding this team back the hell out of here. Ralph sell the team please.

Russ Brandon; from selling tickets to Marlins games in Florida to running an NFL franchise ... And you wonder why we haven't made the playoffs this millennium and that barely anyone wants to come here.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:19 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham

Still hearing Ken Whisenhunt the favorite in Bills search, but interviews can change everything. Ask Mike Tomlin.
https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/stat...77416566538240

Graham probably just hedging his bets with the interview line...but it certainly looks like they like Whisenhunt a lot. Please, please, please Lovie Smith change their minds...

Old
01-03-2013, 09:42 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
and who is this guy?
No idea, was on the Bills board...but why the hell does it say Friday, Jan 4th? Wheres his locale?

Old
01-03-2013, 09:44 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
He "writes" for Bleacher Report and is from Buffalo. I doubt he has any inside source just speculating due to Wiz possibly getting a 2nd interview. That being said I am ****ing done with this team if this turns out true. We interview 2 people so far (one black for the rooney rule) and we are already giving Wiz the job? And Brandon said with a straight face the search would leave no stone unturned? We have to be the worst ****ing disgrace of a franchise. I pray to god when the team gets sold that it is to someone who A. Will keep team in Buffalo and B. Absolutely clean house and fire every one of these vile snakes. Get Russ Brandon, Jeff Littman, Overdorf and everyone else who has been holding this team back the hell out of here. Ralph sell the team please.

Russ Brandon; from selling tickets to Marlins games in Florida to running an NFL franchise ... And you wonder why we haven't made the playoffs this millennium and that barely anyone wants to come here.
You forced a point out of me to be raised. Why did Ralph not sell the team? Why did he only remove himself from operations?

Old
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Takeo

Not exactly a shock that Whisenhunt would be the top candidate with only 2 of at least 5 interviews completed. The way this stuff is massaged to feign a breaking report is too funny.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
You forced a point out of me to be raised. Why did Ralph not sell the team? Why did he only remove himself from operations?
Ralph has repeatedly refused to sell the team while he is alive. Why? No idea, considering his family already said they have no interest in keeping the team after he passes. You would think Ralph would do what is best long term for the team but it isn't the case.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Chip and Orgeon wins the Fiesta Bowl. Let the interviews begin!

Old
01-03-2013, 11:30 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Ralph has repeatedly refused to sell the team while he is alive. Why? No idea, considering his family already said they have no interest in keeping the team after he passes. You would think Ralph would do what is best long term for the team but it isn't the case.
IIRC, it's because his family will pay fewer taxes if they sell it after he passes, could be wrong though.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:01 AM
buffalowing88

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
IIRC, it's because his family will pay fewer taxes if they sell it after he passes, could be wrong though.
I have heard that too. Makes sense. That being said, if we settle on Whisenhunt we are just asking for a sub .500 record. Lovie, Horton, Kelly, hell even the guy from Syracuse would be more refreshing than taking a coach who rode on Warner's coattails for two years. Horton is really starting to turn me into a fan with his quotes and further research into his history. That is a man you build your coaching regime around.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:42 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
I have heard that too. Makes sense. That being said, if we settle on Whisenhunt we are just asking for a sub .500 record. Lovie, Horton, Kelly, hell even the guy from Syracuse would be more refreshing than taking a coach who rode on Warner's coattails for two years. Horton is really starting to turn me into a fan with his quotes and further research into his history. That is a man you build your coaching regime around.
Yeah, but it won't happnn.

Shoulda just kept Chan...

Old
01-04-2013, 05:34 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
The tax ramifications aren't as severe if the spouse ends up with the team. So, Mary Wilson will basically be the Lady Jane Grey of the Buffalo Bills until the team is sold to a new owner.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
People love talking about Whisenhunt's 45-51 record. Anyone know what Belichick's career record was after 96 regular season games?

41-55. Then Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady happened. Then, all of a sudden, Belichick became a coaching genius. As the old saying goes, "It's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's." Put in other words, it's the players, stupid! And until the Bills get the players, all this huffing and puffing about who's going to try to shine that turd of a roster doesn't mean all that much.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:28 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
People love talking about Whisenhunt's 45-51 record. Anyone know what Belichick's career record was after 96 regular season games?

41-55. Then Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady happened. Then, all of a sudden, Belichick became a coaching genius. As the old saying goes, "It's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmy's and the Joe's." Put in other words, it's the players, stupid! And until the Bills get the players, all this huffing and puffing about who's going to try to shine that turd of a roster doesn't mean all that much.
So if that coach doesn't matter, why don't the Bills just keep Chan Gailey?

I'm not going to argue a great QB can fix all woes, but a great coach can do the same. There's no point in accepting a mediocre coach just because you'll somehow magically find Tom Brady reincarnated and win multiple superbowls with a penguin as your teams head coach.

Also, whenever people bring up Belichick, I remind them he went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassell, and Cassell through for over 4,000 yards with the Patriots. Now he's with KC and he's a bum.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
So if that coach doesn't matter, why don't the Bills just keep Chan Gailey?
I'm not speaking in absolutes, so don't try to pin me to them. I think personnel is much, much, much more important than coaching. I certainly think there are good coaches and bad coaches. I think you can win with bad coaching/game-management (See Reid, Andy), especially if you have great personnel or a good/great QB (of which Buffalo has neither). I don't think you can win with poor personnel, regardless of the coach.

Buffalo had a bad coach and, overall, subpar personnel. My point to Bills fans is that you can bring back Lombardi or Bill Walsh and it won't matter if the players aren't of better quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
I'm not going to argue a great QB can fix all woes, but a great coach can do the same. There's no point in accepting a mediocre coach just because you'll somehow magically find Tom Brady reincarnated and win multiple superbowls with a penguin as your teams head coach.
Who said Whisenhunt is a mediocre coach? You? Would you have said Belichick is a mediocre coach after his 36-44 record in Cleveland? If this anti-Whis campaign in Buffalo is any indication, most probably would have. Would you have passed on John Fox because he went 2-14 in his final season in Carolina, and 73-71 overall? Would you have chalked up Tom Coughlin to an uninspiring choice after six seasons because he was merely 49-47 in Jacksonville?

Coaches careers aren't set in stone after six seasons. All I hear from my WNY friends are silly-ass arguments like "He lost to Gailey"--yeah, and Whis beat Belichick if we want to rely on one-game samples--or "Enough with the Pittsburgh connections"--people wouldn't hire Tomlin or Cowher if they became available tomorrow? I don't visit Bills' boards much, but I still haven't heard many good reasons why hiring Whis would be a bad idea. Is he a poor in-game coach? Do his teams quit on him? Are his tendencies terrible? I want to hear more of that, and less of the bumper-sticker analysis like "He lost to Chan."

Quote:
Also, whenever people bring up Belichick, I remind them he went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassell, and Cassell through for over 4,000 yards with the Patriots. Now he's with KC and he's a bum.
Which he never would've had the opportunity to do if you were running things, because you wouldn't have hired him after Cleveland. Also, Minnesota won 10 games with Ponder, but I bet they won't sustain that; Cassell meanwhile was playing with a roster that went 18-1 the year prior.

Closed Thread