HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Desharnais

Old
01-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
How about Desharnais for Kulemin + M. Finn

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 07:26 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphizzleruzbizzle View Post
how does Desharnais and a first for Ryan O'reilly sound?
Our first isn't going anywhere this year.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generally View Post
he sure led montreal to an incredible season, one for the books, i'll give you pavel bure

Lets face it, he is a nice player who got a chance on a below average team. I'm sure he will have another good season with a similar roster.

No playoff team with serious intentions is interested in David Desharnais though.

Frolov 6'3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:06 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Not bad actually.

If Kulemin can get back to 30 goals playing either Plekanec or Gally, its worth it.

I really lked Finn last year. i think its fair.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:40 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post

Lets face it, he is a nice player who got a chance on a below average team. I'm sure he will have another good season with a similar roster.

No playoff team with serious intentions is interested in David Desharnais though.
I laugh at comments like this.

You don't think the Hawks would love him on the 2nd line inbetween Sharpe and Hossa...

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:45 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Like others have said, it would be great to see him repeat what he did last year. And to be honest, if he does, he'll be a 70-80 point guy not 60. Last year, around January, is when he was put on a line with Patches and Cole, and the line took off. I remember seeing a stat of the Habs boards, that he was at more than a 1 point pre game since that time.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I laugh at comments like this.

You don't think the Hawks would love him on the 2nd line inbetween Sharpe and Hossa...
Than you are easily entertained. Yes correct. I think Hawks fans would not love to see him on the toplines.

Last edited by Frolov 6'3: 01-04-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old
01-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

Of course not. I mean, why would any team want a heart and soul player who has made the NHL despite everything being against him and then goes out and gets 60 points in his first full season? No contending team would want a 60 point center.

Wow, finally winning a Stanley Cup has made some LA fans ignorant of other team's players' values, I guess. We won't even point out that Desharnais' 60 points would have been second only to Kopitar on LA. Why let facts step in the way of baseless insults...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Of course not. I mean, why would any team want a heart and soul player who has made the NHL despite everything being against him and then goes out and gets 60 points in his first full season? No contending team would want a 60 point center.

Wow, finally winning a Stanley Cup has made some LA fans ignorant of other team's players' values, I guess. We won't even point out that Desharnais' 60 points would have been second only to Kopitar on LA. Why let facts step in the way of baseless insults...
That's nice. Now a Kings fan (no some Kings fans....because obviously I speak on behalf of everyone...) is arrogant because he thinks a player of a totally different team is just not so very good. What is happening to our world.

No let's make it even worse....it's insulting. Did you really say that ?

Last edited by Frolov 6'3: 01-04-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old
01-04-2013, 08:57 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Than you are easily entertained. Yes correct. I think Hawks fans would break out in tears to see him on the toplines.
The guy was 20th in league in scoring for centres. I can understand if someone said he isn't a number 1 centre on a cup contending team, but he would be a 2nd line centre on some playoff teams from last year.

You said no serious playoff team would be interested in him, and I just said the Hawks, now I can't speak for their fan base, but if they got DD to fill in their 2nd line centre, I bet you they would feel a lot better about their team than it is now.

Last edited by habs03: 01-04-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old
01-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
That's nice. Now a Kings fan is arrogant because he thinks a player of a totally different team is just not so very so good.

What is happening to our world. No let's make it even worse, I'm insulting. Did you really say that ?
No, a Kings fan is arrogant and being insulting when he claims that a 60 point center on a "below average team" would not be of interest to a playoff contending team. Especially when that fan provides no explanation for such an obviously...limited...point of view when considering the player he so blithely trashed would be the second highest point producing player on the Kings.

Maybe the next time you want to let people know a player is "just not so very so good" you might want to try and qualify that statement a little in order to prevent misunderstandings. Why is Desharnais "not so very so good"? Why would every team with serious playoff intentions be unwilling to have him on their teams? Try explaining such a...statement, it will be interesting to see...

By the way, I said "ignorant", not "arrogant".

Old
01-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
No, a Kings fan is arrogant and being insulting when he claims that a 60 point center on a "below average team" would not be of interest to a playoff contending team. Especially when that fan provides no explanation for such an obviously...limited...point of view when considering the player he so blithely trashed would be the second highest point producing player on the Kings.

Maybe the next time you want to let people know a player is "just not so very so good" you might want to try and qualify that statement a little in order to prevent misunderstandings. Why is Desharnais "not so very so good"? Why would every team with serious playoff intentions be unwilling to have him on their teams? Try explaining such a...statement, it will be interesting to see...

By the way, I said "ignorant", not "arrogant".
Just because the Kings have sucked for decades doesnt mean I cant share my opinion. I've seen Derek Armstrong on the topline for years. Another heart & soul player and also a 60 point producer if he didnt get injured for 20-25 games every season. He played there because there was nobody else and something similar happened to Desharnais last year. There are more examples. Solid player, (below) average roster which results in a lot of icetime and no real goalscoring ability.

Stuff like "he would be the 2nd highest producer on the Kings last year" means nothing to me. I can only say, good to hear. I rather have Mike Richards or other 2nd line centers. I dont feel the need to explain that for obvious reasons.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Just because the Kings have sucked for decades doesnt mean I cant share my opinion. I've seen Derek Armstrong on the topline for years. Another heart & soul player and also a 60 point producer if he didnt get injured for 20-25 games every season. He played there because there was nobody else and something similar happened to Desharnais last year. There are more examples. Solid player, (below) average roster which results in a lot of icetime and no real goalscoring ability.

Stuff like "he would be the 2nd highest producer on the Kings last year" means nothing to me. I can only say, good to hear. I rather have Mike Richards or other 2nd line centers. I dont feel the need to explain that for obvious reasons.
The funny thing is if DD played on most teams in the NHL most of the top wingers would want to play on his line because they want to score points and because they are confident they can bury the opportunities that the other guys on DD's line aren't putting in. Because when you play with DD you are going to get sweet, sweet chances to score.

I think that was at the heart of Cammalleri's big pout and eventual trade last year. He asked to be put on DD's line and when he wasn't the big pout was on.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:

And you know this how exactly? I can't believe people. Desharnais could be the exact same player but if he was 6'2'', everyone would be salivating at the thought of having him. Size has to be the most overrated factor in the NHL. Yes, it's good to have it but plenty players have been successful without it. That reminds me of the 90's and their retarded ''you can't teach size'' mentality. They drafted so many busts because of that.

Desharnais just came off a 60pts campaign. You're be retarded if you don't want him on your team. Cup run or no cup run.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I'm kind of expecting Desharnais to be something like a Ray Whitney or Cory Stillman-ish player down the road. Some playoff teams may find themselves in a situation to want that player, many won't, but he'll get his chances for a playoff run or two. While still probably moving around a fair bit. The bottom line is that Desharnais has great hockey sense, he keeps adapting to his new challenges, and as long as he does stay reasonably healthy, I think he'll parlay that into some point-per-game seasons and some occasional contributions to contenders. But at the same time, his size always means he's not your first choice, so when he hits the UFA markets, his best offers are going to come from lesser teams trying to hit the productivity moneyball home runs, Whitney going to Florida, Columbus, Carolina, Phoenix examples, that sort of thing. You don't get too worked up trying to retain him, but you appreciate what he brings while he's there. Maybe he finds a permanent home, and at least coming up with the Habs there is likely an attraction in the home-town sense to try to keep him around moreso than would have happened if he came up in a different system, but even then, I'd more expect the productive journeyman route for him. He's good, so there should always be teams that will want him. But he's small, so teams will also want somebody bigger/better too.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

First, I never said the Kings sucked.

Derek Armstrong? Really? You try to compare Desharnais with a plug like Derek Armstrong? He never produced more than 44 points in an NHL season, and the only time he came close to playing an entire season he only produced 35 points. Did you not see the part where Desharnais actually produced 60 points in his first full NHL season? Did you actually ever watch DD play? He knows his role, plays hard, and is an excellent playmaking center. Pacioretty has claimed that DD is the best center he has ever played with. Even though DD is small, he still manages to get out there, play full seasons at all levels throughout his career, and produce significant point totals in every league he has ever played in...which now includes the NHL!

Is DD as good as Mike Richards? No. Not yet. Can he be as good? Based on his track record, I wouldn't bet against him.

Derek ****ing Armstrong....

Last edited by spiny norman: 01-04-2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: please use the filter
Old
01-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Than you are easily entertained. Yes correct. I think Hawks fans would not love to see him on the toplines.
and if it was danny briere or marty st-louis ?

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Chacal667

nobody know desharnais, its useless to make a thread about him cuz u will never find a trade that give equivalent talent/utility, at least give him 1 more season.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
do you really want to see Desharnais have success with the Leafs ?

Old
01-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
and if it was danny briere or marty st-louis ?
Definitely but I fail to see your point. Could you explain it to me.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Definitely but I fail to see your point. Could you explain it to me.
I thought u was bashing on DD cuz of his size. It is how it look like

Old
01-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
I thought u was bashing on DD cuz of his size. It is how it look like
Bashing ? Some of you are just incredible.

I can't recall I've typed the word "size" just once. His size is definitely not a big +, that's for sure, yes. Is this allowed, can I say this ?

Some posts ago somebody said he wouldnt be surprised when our David would turn out to be a Mike Richards kind of player. Now its St.Louis. Of course let's all forget that its a rarity to see a player like Martin St.Louis. That's not relevant at all. He's small and so is Desharnais.

Richards and St.Louis...all in one. Stunning.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:49 PM
drums4dmf

I'm a fan of Desharnais and if the Kings didn't have Richards he'd be a great fit IMO. A playmaking center to slot between Carter and Pens/King would work. There are playoff teams that can use this kid. The Kings made the playoffs the two years prior to last w/ Stoll as the 2nd line C. They could have used a Desharnais type of player then (happy for getting Richards though).

IF Mon is willing to move him I can possibly see teams that are trying to make their runs now that need a top 6 C (FLA, ANA, PHO). At least that's my two cents...

drums4dmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
do you really want to see Desharnais have success with the Leafs ?
We're getting a fair return, players we can use and Toronto is losing just as much as we are. I'm confident if we make the Habs the best they can be there is no need to worry about the Leafs.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
The guy was 20th in league in scoring for centres. I can understand if someone said he isn't a number 1 centre on a cup contending team, but he would be a 2nd line centre on some playoff teams from last year.

You said no serious playoff team would be interested in him, and I just said the Hawks, now I can't speak for their fan base, but if they got DD to fill in their 2nd line centre, I bet you they would feel a lot better about their team than it is now.
I can guarantee you the Hawks fans wouldn't be too pleased to have a 2nd line center who scored 60 points in a division close to AHL level.
Especially for the return you are asking for.
Is Jonathan Cheechoo ringing a bell here ?

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote