HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Illmatic Stoic

vCash: 500
At what point in the season will it be too late to fire Arniel if he the Wolves are in playoff position?

Old
01-04-2013, 07:11 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
The poster that complained that kassian didn't try to get involved (hell, he even did try to pull bollig off) also said that there's no reason he shouldn't make a big hit every single shift, so consider the source...
Just to clarify that was not me who said that... Not sure who this is referring to. And yup he did try to peel him off, thats the most I would have wanted him to do.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
At what point in the season will it be too late to fire Arniel if he the Wolves are in playoff position?
Well, Terry Murray was fired around mid-december for the Kings last season. Look how that ended. Ron Wilson was fired in march after the wheels had fallen off the Leafs wagon. So if the Wolves are gonna do something, they should do it now.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Well, Terry Murray was fired around mid-december for the Kings last season. Look how that ended. Ron Wilson was fired in march after the wheels had fallen off the Leafs wagon. So if the Wolves are gonna do something, they should do it now.
Maybe they're waiting to see if the season is cancelled so they can install AV as coach?

Old
01-04-2013, 12:59 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Pssssst, Pittsburgh Penguins.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
Pssssst, Pittsburgh Penguins.
Haha. Schroeder and Ebbett are no Crosby and Malkin. But yeah, forgot about that obvious example.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:59 PM
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann

vCash: 576
Is there any reason why Arniel dont use more prospect? come on.....and use Cannata instead of Clime!

When is Lack coming back

Old
01-05-2013, 12:57 PM
arsmaster

Kassian and Archibald back in tonight?

Old
01-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Buffalo In A Carwash

Oh man, Kassian with back troubles, something about a chiropractor.

But both Archie and Kassian are back in the lineup.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:15 PM
arsmaster

Why are Wolves games hardly ever available to stream?

Anyone find one, my go to two sites aren't coming through.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Pseudonymous

kassian scores

just me or he get the first of the game quite often?

Old
01-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Orca Smash

Ugh no feed I see.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:52 PM
jammyrft

Can't find a feed either. My usual firstrowsports.eu isn't showing it

Old
01-05-2013, 08:06 PM
orcatown

Climie having a lousy game

Old
01-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Orca Smash

Did he get scored on?

Old
01-05-2013, 08:28 PM
orcatown

Yes three times and two of them were brutal

Old
01-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Illmatic Stoic

3-1 after two periods. Can we get someone to provide updates throughout the third?

Old
01-05-2013, 08:53 PM
orcatown

Wolves are giving it a good go but just can't score. Haydar has hit a couple of crossbars

Seems like they alternating Archibald and Sweatt with Schroeder and Kassian. Basically going with three line. given the injury situation. Archibald had a couple of very good physical shifts were he really man handled Smith.

Schroeder is having a good effort and moving the puck very well. If he is with some of the Grand Rapids talent he would be really producing IMO

Rodin got hit by a shot and might be out.

Like Connauton in this game. Pressing the play and not being so passive.

See they are interviewing Baumgartner. One thing that really grates on me is why the Canucks don't look to look to having an experienced skills coach as the main assistant. You look at Grand Rapids and you can see how the younger players are so fundamentally good. Lots of little things about keeping puck-check triangle. Seems to me their young players are getting really well brought along by their system.

Baumgartner maybe a good coach in time but he's a rookie. Also his connection to the team is the main reason he got hired. I think I would be looking for proven assistant who has a good record as a teacher of fundamentals. Player development to me is the key not breaking in rookie coaches. Know I will get static here and maybe others are working on this area.

Even from the interview it seems he is more of less in a learning mode himself.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Illmatic Stoic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Wolves are giving it a good go but just can't score. Haydar has hit a couple of crossbars

Seems like they alternating Archibald and Sweatt with Schroeder and Kassian. Basically going with three line. given the injury situation. Archibald had a couple of very good physical shifts were he really man handled Smith.

Schroeder is having a good effort and moving the puck very well. If he is with some of the Grand Rapids talent he would be really producing IMO

See they are interviewing Baumgartner. One thing that really grates on me is why the Canucks don't look to look to having an experienced skills coach as the main assistant. You look at Grand Rapids and you can see how the younger players are so fundamentally good. Lots of little things about keeping puck-check triangle. Seems to me their young players are getting really well brought along by their system.

Baumgartner maybe a good coach in time but he's a rookie. Also his connection to the team is the main reason he got hired. I think I would be looking for proven assistant who has a good record as a teacher of fundamentals. Player development to me is the key not breaking in rookie coaches. Know I will get static here and maybe others are working on this area.

Yea, I never understood that hiring either. Our prospects desperately need a good coach teaching them the fundamentals of the pro game, especially since Arniel sucks.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM
orcatown

wolves controlling play but Kassisn misses open net

Old
01-05-2013, 08:59 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post

The Griffins had the same problem last year with their old coach. Thankfully Blashill, the Wings' assistant coach last year, was "promoted" to HC of the Griffins this year. Since Blashill worked with Babcock he's been really teaching the kids what they need to do to become succesful on the Wings, which wasn't the case last year. It's amazing how much the experience of a coach can help in the minors.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:06 PM
orcatown

Geeeez Sweatt misses half net from 5 feet in front . Just horrible miss. Think it was Schreoder who made excellent pass from the corner.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:08 PM
orcatown

Sterling draws a penalty

Old
01-05-2013, 09:10 PM
orcatown

Ebbett buries a rocket

Old
01-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Tiranis

Schroeder needs to be more selfish. He's better when he is. That dangle a few minutes back was great but then he chose to pass it and that didn't work. Should've just shot it.

That said, it's good that he's making stuff happen even if his linemates can't score. Makes me feel that he can contribute in the NHL with better linemates.

Closed Thread