HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): ESPN: Eagles Land Kelly (Jan. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
That's the stupidest rule i've ever heard in my life. I'm all for equality, but that's a little over the top.
It was good rule at time

NFL needed to stop the good ole boy network from ignoring minority coaches who couldn't even get a sniff of HC job

I think it has served its purpose and can go away at this time though

Old
01-03-2013, 07:42 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Sounds like reid is going to Kansas City
So the biggest pass-happy HC in the league going to coach the best RB duo in the league. That'll go over well.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
So the biggest pass-happy HC in the league going to coach the best RB duo in the league. That'll go over well.
This would all but confirm to me that KC would go QB in Round 1 and let Reid coach the kid up. Charles actually fits an AR offense well given his abilities in the passing game out of the backfield.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:54 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
This would all but confirm to me that KC would go QB in Round 1 and let Reid coach the kid up. Charles actually fits an AR offense well given his abilities in the passing game out of the backfield.
I'd be interested to see who they take 1 overall if Reid takes the job. I'd be very concerned we lose out on Joeckel at that point. If Reid doesn't take a QB, that tells me a lot about Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. One thing I will NEVER bash Reid on is his ability to pick a QB.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:10 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I'd be interested to see who they take 1 overall if Reid takes the job. I'd be very concerned we lose out on Joeckel at that point. If Reid doesn't take a QB, that tells me a lot about Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. One thing I will NEVER bash Reid on is his ability to pick a QB.
Do you actually see Geno Smith[as a fan], worthy of being selected number 1?

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
01-03-2013, 09:41 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I don't.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:46 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Not in the slightest. But I think the top 5-10 picks are gonna be a crapshoot, and players may be drafted because of need rather than BPA.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:52 AM
PHILOUDELPHIA

I watched the Fiesta bowl, chip Kelly runs a great offense, but there are times that I don't like how he runs it.

there were a lot of times during the game where he should have ran it a lot more, but he really should be taking 40 seconds off especially when you are up 15.

K-state had a lot of opportunites but klien has no arm.

Just saying that if Kelly is eagles coach and he brings the same offense, he will want to kill as much clock as possible with a double digit pt lead.

I just don't know if we have the youth and speed to run his offense.

but if we get it in the offeseason if he is our coach, then it can be effective, puts a lot of pressure on D

Old
01-04-2013, 01:57 AM
PALE PWNR

I would shoot myself if we get another pass happy coach who refuses to run the ball, in situations it is necessary.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Broad Street Elite

I was skeptial of Chip Kelly until I heard that Bill Belichik reached out to him this past offseason for offensive consultation. When the Patriots think that they can upgrade their offense with your input, that's saying something.

I'm not saying that Chip Kelly is definitely the best option, but he certainly has a lot to like about him. Frankly, I would love to pair Kelly with a Defensive Coordinator like Lovie Smith if Smith misses out on a HC job.

Even Lovie as a head coach with a dynamic offensive coordinator would work for me.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Hollywood Couturier

One point safety awarded last night. Never seen that before.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILOUDELPHIA View Post
I watched the Fiesta bowl, chip Kelly runs a great offense, but there are times that I don't like how he runs it.

there were a lot of times during the game where he should have ran it a lot more, but he really should be taking 40 seconds off especially when you are up 15.

K-state had a lot of opportunites but klien has no arm.

Just saying that if Kelly is eagles coach and he brings the same offense, he will want to kill as much clock as possible with a double digit pt lead.

I just don't know if we have the youth and speed to run his offense.

but if we get it in the offeseason if he is our coach, then it can be effective, puts a lot of pressure on D
And your own D.

He'll need to adjust his tempo somewhat, and slow things down in certain situations otherwise he'll kill his defense. I'm sure people will love the 22 second 3 and outs though lol.

I'd still prefer to get someone forward thinking like him rather than an older proven guy whose been out of the league the past couple years. Still need a legit D coordinator though. It be nice if Spagnuolo came back with Johnson's defense.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

I dont see Foles running that offense. No thanks on Kelly, I want a real NFL style offense.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:37 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
I dont see Foles running that offense. No thanks on Kelly, I want a real NFL style offense.
More NFL teams are incorporating that style into their systems. I think he'd have to change his system somewhat to fit the pro game though. He'd have to adapt it, and I don't think they'd be very good their first year under him. They probably won't be good next year regardless though.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Out of the 12 playoff teams, how many run something similar to Kelly's offense? I know of one.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:47 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Out of the 12 playoff teams, how many run something similar to Kelly's offense? I know of one.

2 of the 3 that run that offense are in the playoffs. They're about to play each other too.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:26 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Im a fan of Mike McCoy. Obviously all I got to go by are reports on him, but the way he handled some ****** quarterbacks like Delhomme and Tebow and had Peyton have his best season as a quarterback goes to show the guy knows how to manage the offense. Obviously he needs more than just that but I have a good feeling about McCoy. Kelly, I'm iffy on.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Patriots, Broncos and Ravens all run a TON of no huddle, high tempo offense.

Here's an article from earlier this year on the no huddle offense percentage league-wide.... it's the direction of the league...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...litz-2088.html

Old
01-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Jray42

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Im a fan of Mike McCoy. Obviously all I got to go by are reports on him, but the way he handled some ****** quarterbacks like Delhomme and Tebow and had Peyton have his best season as a quarterback goes to show the guy knows how to manage the offense. Obviously he needs more than just that but I have a good feeling about McCoy. Kelly, I'm iffy on.
My feelings exactly.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Give me a defensive coach who can also evaluate talent well on that side of the ball. the eagles have been atrocious at drafting defensive players.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Devastate

USA today is reporting that Kelly is going to Cleveland.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
One point safety awarded last night. Never seen that before.
I saw it once, I think it was Miami vs. Florida State 6 or 7 years ago

Edit: It was Texas/A&M, here's the Deadspin link:

http://deadspin.com/5973048/only-two...lled-them-both

Brad Nessler called both of them

Last edited by GKJ: 01-04-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old
01-04-2013, 08:54 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
USA today is reporting that Kelly is going to Cleveland.
Good

Old
01-04-2013, 11:53 PM
daynus

chip kelly to cleveland

yah been hearing a lot of that. i would say mccoy would be a better fit in philly. dont worry philly, reid is no dummy. kc will go bpa. and that guy is star loutei from utah. reid loves dts, and the big boy and dorsey and another big boy like star, is the type of player reid loves. remember games like baltimore, kc gave up 12 pts. kcs d is a pretty good unit. as per qb, 13 is a bad bad year for franchise qb. the only guy if he declares is murray from georiga. if murray does not commit that leaves the kid from syracuse, matt barkley, i would not touch him with a 10 ft pole, geno smith, those guys are all 2nd rounders. and with most teams set at qb, with the exception of oakland, kc, maybe cleveland , arizona and i would throw dallas in the mix, their is not much demand for qb. another option is the redskins nab a 2nd rounder for their back up. 14 is a much much better class for qbs, bridgewater, murray, now their is some talent. dont sweat it fellas, joekel from a+m will fall into the eagles lap at 4. he will need some reps, but he will be a gooder.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:48 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus View Post
yah been hearing a lot of that. i would say mccoy would be a better fit in philly. dont worry philly, reid is no dummy. kc will go bpa. and that guy is star loutei from utah. reid loves dts, and the big boy and dorsey and another big boy like star, is the type of player reid loves. remember games like baltimore, kc gave up 12 pts. kcs d is a pretty good unit. as per qb, 13 is a bad bad year for franchise qb. the only guy if he declares is murray from georiga. if murray does not commit that leaves the kid from syracuse, matt barkley, i would not touch him with a 10 ft pole, geno smith, those guys are all 2nd rounders. and with most teams set at qb, with the exception of oakland, kc, maybe cleveland , arizona and i would throw dallas in the mix, their is not much demand for qb. another option is the redskins nab a 2nd rounder for their back up. 14 is a much much better class for qbs, bridgewater, murray, now their is some talent. dont sweat it fellas, joekel from a+m will fall into the eagles lap at 4. he will need some reps, but he will be a gooder.
Star would be a dumb pick for KC. He's a two down player and if Andy's still as stubborn as usual, which I have no reason to believe otherwise, he prefers smaller, quicker lineman. That and they already have a NT in Dontari Poe. Dorsey's a FA too.

They do have some pretty nice pieces in place already. They sorely lack that franchise QB and unfortunately for them, that QB isn't in this draft- at least not without substantial development.

Closed Thread