Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL, NWHL, and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

FHL Cape Cod Bluefins relocate to Central New York

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Kanka

vCash: 500
After reading all the posts on the FHL, I think we can all surmise that this league is nothing more than a glorified beer league.

Terrible management and abysmal ownership is just the beginning of the train wreck that is the FHL.

The league will continue to crutch along providing some idiot is willing to shell out money. I have no idea why anyone would want to invest in this league besides using the league to cover up some criminal activity. Maybe the FHL is a great way to money launder?

Old
01-04-2013, 01:09 PM
AceFace905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanka View Post
After reading all the posts on the FHL, I think we can all surmise that this league is nothing more than a glorified beer league.

Terrible management and abysmal ownership is just the beginning of the train wreck that is the FHL.

The league will continue to crutch along providing some idiot is willing to shell out money. I have no idea why anyone would want to invest in this league besides using the league to cover up some criminal activity. Maybe the FHL is a great way to money launder?
Given that a third of the league(at least) is bankrolled by Barry Soskin, you might be on to something...

Old
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Wease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanka View Post
This I completely agree with, knowing at least one of the players...

Old
01-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Kanka

I haven't seen this posted, but saw this news article, just had to share it.
http://www.newstimes.com/sports/arti...ns-4117313.php

Quote:
Whalers rout wounded Bluefins
The nameless, generic-looking hockey sweaters were emblazoned diagonally, from shoulder to hip, with the word "Blues" -- an appropriate and familiar tune for the Federal Hockey League.
Another FHL franchise, the Cape Cod Bluefins, found itself overextended financially this week, forcing a mid-season suspension of its operations. And just as was the fate of the Vermont Wild last year, the remnants of the Cape Cod franchise will continue to play in official -- and expectedly ugly -- games, like the one it lost 13-3 to the Danbury Whalers in front of a crowd of about 500 at the Danbury Arena Thursday night.
Surprising low attendance for Danbury, especially when the boxscore on Pointsteak lists the attendance at 1,389.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Wease

New York loses 12-3 and 12-1 to Dayton this weekend, further evidence that the New York team is full of beer leaguers and not professionals...

Old
01-10-2013, 07:13 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wease View Post
New York loses 12-3 and 12-1 to Dayton this weekend, further evidence that the New York team is full of beer leaguers and not professionals...
Especially since Dayton is a first year team. Where were those games played?

Old
01-11-2013, 02:34 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Folks, if there's a new topic on the FHL, open a new thread. No need to keep "all" the posts in a single thread.

Closed Thread