HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dan Boyle to Ottawa

Old
01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
A bunch of crap for their top defenseman? Sign me up.
Really??

Greening was noticed last year around the league, there was lots of praise about him.
He will have a good career in the league.

Stone ripped up the WHL, and was Canada's best player last years WJC.

And both these players are big tough guys. I wouldn't trade these guys for any player on the Sharks.

Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:57 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital O TEETEE 613 View Post
Really??

Greening was noticed last year around the league, there was lots of praise about him.

And both these players are big tough guys. I wouldn't trade these guys for any player on the Sharks.
Except for Pickles or Wolverine of course

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Boyle for Stone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
In what world is Puempel a blue-chip prospect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
I'd be very interested in something around Turris and Boyle. Boyle is surely better, but only has a few years left. Not sure how your centre depth is though, not an OTT fan. Perhaps even it out with a cap dump from one side or the other, ex. Handzus from San Jose to alleviate some pain from losing a centre.

EDIT: In case you get upset, he's currently our #1 d-man (Burns is taking over though) on a very good defense. He's still arguably one of the top offensive d-men in the league. There was talk of Gaborik for Boyle, which fell through when Gabby had surgery. That is relatively fair value, and I'd have Turris about that value too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Wolverine = Couture?

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:52 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Really??

There are like seven guys on the Sharks worth more than Greening and Stone...

Stone is a decent prospect, but we all know what a small sample size can do for people's opinion on prospects.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 04:03 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Stone is a decent prospect, but we all know what a small sample size can do for people's opinion on prospects.
Did you know he played his very 1st NHL game in the playoffs on the 1st line with Spezza, and made a beauty pass for his 1st point, nice 1 game sample indeed . The Sens fans are probably the only team that regard him highly (right behind Zibanejad/Silfverberg) so he doesn't have much value in trades.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:57 PM
glenbuis

Quote:
Man i love that picture of mandy or whoever she is. Any other angles. Id give up a first overall for her. Screw the cup.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:03 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Quote:
I wouldn't trade these guys for any player on the Sharks.
Forgive me (and likely everyone else) if I don't trust your evaluations after reading that statement.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
First, you don't get infinite amnesty buyouts. This week I read that there might be two. That is the first time I have heard that each team would get more than one.

Clowe and Murray are gone for sure. I will be generous and assume that there really are 2 buyouts, not just one. If we buy out both niemi and Stuart that saves some money, but they have to be replaced. Below is what the roster looks like if you buy those two players out. I also bumped up the salaries of those who need to be resigned (using easy numbers to speed up the math).

FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
????????? ($????) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m)
T.J. Galiardi ($1.550m) / Tommy Wingels ($0.775m) / Adam Burish ($1.850m)
Andrew Desjardins ($0.640m) / James Sheppard ($1.250m) / John McCarthy ($0.613m)
13th Fwd ($.750m)
DEFENSEMEN
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Jason Demers ($1.750m) / Dan Boyle ($6.667m)
Sena Acolatse ($0.900m) / Justin Braun ($1.250m)
7th Dman ($.750)
GOALTENDERS
Thomas Greiss ($2.588m)
Harri Sateri ($0.875m)
------
SALARY CAP: $60,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,841,667; BONUSES: $357,500
CAP SPACE (19-man roster): $2,758,333

It is generally a good idea to keep at least 600,000 in cap space (if not more) for injury replacements and trades during the season. This leaves you with $2mil to find a second line LW. I don't see one in the system that will be ready by next year. Who do you think will fill that hole?
You're being more than generous with more than a few guys considering where they will likely be at the end of this potential season. Greiss isn't going to make 2.5 mil after he plays a shortened season as a backup to Niemi. Sheppard isn't making that either. With your extras, that's 1.2 mil left and with realistic estimates for those two being around 1 mil each, you're left with 3.2 mil left to get that forward if they felt that Hertl wasn't ready by then. More than doable.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 12:45 AM
CBJenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You're being more than generous with more than a few guys considering where they will likely be at the end of this potential season. Greiss isn't going to make 2.5 mil after he plays a shortened season as a backup to Niemi. Sheppard isn't making that either. With your extras, that's 1.2 mil left and with realistic estimates for those two being around 1 mil each, you're left with 3.2 mil left to get that forward if they felt that Hertl wasn't ready by then. More than doable.
I think, assuming a lowered cap and shortened/non-existent season, that Demers doesn't quite get that much more either. Likely something around 1.5 cap hit. Not huge, but it still means 3.4M.

EDIT: Also, Galiardi probably doesn't get that much either.

CBJenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:17 AM
Sureves

Quote:
Really??

That's insane.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:35 AM
OMadahey

That is pretty crazy. But I still wouldn't trade stone or greening for Boyle. He's to old not worth it for the short amount of time we'd have him. Maybe I'd do lundin and a 3rd. But that's about it

OMadahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Samsquanch
Creep

Quote:
Really??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
That's insane.
Agreed. But its true that Greening isnt getting enough love in here, his value definitely sky rocketed last season. He still needs one more year before he could be the centerpiece in a deal like this, but regardless every single GM in the league would take him on their team.

He's an incredibly smart and hardworking guy who has a ripped 6'3 215lbs frame, and can skate like the wind. He'll either continue growing into a top 6 defensively responsible power forward, or stay an elite 3rd liner. He wont regress, Im positive he'll have a successful career in the NHL, he's smart enough to find a niche.

He's also showing that he knows a thing or two about putting the puck in the net over in the Danish league (I know its nothing to brag about).

17GP 13G 12A 25P

Point is that his value isnt high enough to trade at this point, because he has the makings of one of those guys that end up far exceeding expectations.

Samsquanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 02:42 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Wolverine = Couture?
Logan

Also, Couture looks like a young Hugh Jackman

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJenga View Post
I think, assuming a lowered cap and shortened/non-existent season, that Demers doesn't quite get that much more either. Likely something around 1.5 cap hit. Not huge, but it still means 3.4M.

EDIT: Also, Galiardi probably doesn't get that much either.
And now that there is a CBA, we can see where this is at. 60 mil cap is too low. Two buyouts. There is no doubt that they can keep Boyle at this stage if they want. If a team wants him, they will have to give up value and not believe they will get him as a cap dump.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Logan

Also, Couture looks like a young Hugh Jackman
go find a girl and ask her if logan looks like hugh jackman.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
go find a girl and ask her if logan looks like hugh jackman.

He looks more like Donkey from Shrek.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Mattb124

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMadahey View Post
That is pretty crazy. But I still wouldn't trade stone or greening for Boyle. He's to old not worth it for the short amount of time we'd have him. Maybe I'd do lundin and a 3rd. But that's about it
The guy who was 7th in TOI and 8th in points in '11-'12 among NHL d-men is too old? I can see someone arguing he isn't a good fit because of duplicative skills with the young Swede or due to cap management, but saying he is too old just shows a general lack of understanding. Unless a team is in full rebuild mode (i.e. not in contention), you trade a 3rd liner or decent prospect for a #1-#2/elite PPQD every day of the week.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:51 PM
eazye

I think Ottawa should be more interested in Toni Lydman in Anaheim than Boyle. He's on the last year of his deal @ 3 million and with Anaheim needing to sign Getzlaf and Perry, might be able to get him for a draft pick?

eazye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post
He's on the last year of his deal @ 3 million and with Anaheim needing to sign Getzlaf and Perry, might be able to get him for a draft pick?
Something here doesn't add up.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:17 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
@ Sens Rule: I think the point is that Ottawa has less of a need for Boyle than other teams. I expect someone else will be willing to pay a lot more.
The sens desperately need not 1 but 2 nhl defensemen and one top 3 guy. Boyle would be an outsanding pick up for this team. That being said i doubt that San Jose trades him but if he is on the block they better be in the mix.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:20 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb124 View Post
The guy who was 7th in TOI and 8th in points in '11-'12 among NHL d-men is too old? I can see someone arguing he isn't a good fit because of duplicative skills with the young Swede or due to cap management, but saying he is too old just shows a general lack of understanding. Unless a team is in full rebuild mode (i.e. not in contention), you trade a 3rd liner or decent prospect for a #1-#2/elite PPQD every day of the week.
Its simply the case of homerism if that was an option the sens would do it in a heartbeat.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:29 AM
BK201

In this draft year is good, rather give the b sens players a shot and if we fail o well maybe we can hit a good pick.

Our offense will be good and our prospect pool is great I already expect a trade if we come out of the gate flat on defense, but this isn't it.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:19 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post

He looks more like Donkey from Shrek.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:26 AM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Its simply the case of homerism if that was an option the sens would do it in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't do trade Greening and/or Stone for Boyle.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 03:30 AM
Orr123

Quote:
Really??

That is a little crazy.

I would trade those two for SOME of the players on the Sharks.

That said, I really really love Greening. I think he is a quality player, and great to have around. Definitely not elite, but he is effective nevertheless. Plus, he is quite good defensively. Stone I feel will be a similar type of player. That said, I do have some feeling that Stone is slightly overrated. Regardless he was a TOTAL steal at 7th round. But not convinced he will be more than a great 3rd liner.

Orr123 is offline   Reply With Quote