HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Nicklas Jensen (2011, 29th overall, Vancouver)

Old
01-04-2013, 12:11 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

vCash: 500
Too bad their isn't a better league than the NHL for Jensen. He is far to good for the NHL.

Over under 1 year in NA (if he goes to the AHL first) before he decides to desert and go back overseas?

I'm just bitter. Sorry. I see a bit of Kulemin in him; same size, skillset and desire.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Warren Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Too bad their isn't a better league than the NHL for Jensen. He is far to good for the NHL.

Over under 1 year in NA (if he goes to the AHL first) before he decides to desert and go back overseas?

I'm just bitter. Sorry. I see a bit of Kulemin in him; same size, skillset and desire.
As far as I know it was the Canucks idea for him to play in Sweden this season.

Warren Piece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piece View Post
As far as I know it was the Canucks idea for him to play in Sweden this season.
What i heard was that he was either playing Pro, Or going back home. (overseas)

Seems to be doing alright over there though. Just from what i've heard, he thinks he is gods gift (but that might not be a bad thing)

Old
01-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Only 40 Pts? C'mon the guy has high end skill, with the size, skating ability and work ethic to go along with it.

He has higher potential than that, If he makes the NHL I would say 30g 25a.

25g 20a minimum, and as a max if he catches fire I could see 30-40+ goals and 60-70+ points, thats an abosolute ceiling though.
Above (scroll up) I said 25 - 25... I don't think you have a 30 goal scorer, but definitely a good forward prospect... 20g in the NHL is nothing to laugh at... Solid pick.

Obviously, I could be wrong. Just doubt his production elevates more in the NHL than the OHL.

Last edited by Money Baer: 01-04-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Smallz

Quote:

Seems to be doing alright over there though. Just from what i've heard, he thinks he is gods gift (but that might not be a bad thing)
You can't see where Jensen is coming from?

Do you think Oshawa is the most desirable place for a young European hockey player especially when they are not producing up to their standards on said team?

If you like we can arrange for you to work in a small town in Denmark and see how you find it

Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:38 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
You can't see where Jensen is coming from?

Do you think Oshawa is the most desirable place for a young European hockey player especially when they are not producing up to their standards on said team?

If you like we can arrange for you to work in a small town in Denmark and see how you find it
If i made commitment to go there i would. If it meant grooming me to become a more complete person, on my way to the big city. The Gens were a decent team last year, and are quite the team this year.

But if he wanted to go home and play in a better league, than so be it. Just hope he doesn't translate his selfishness further on in his career. Cheers.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Warren Piece

Quote:
If i made commitment to go there i would. If it meant grooming me to become a more complete person, on my way to the big city. The Gens were a decent team last year, and are quite the team this year.

But if he wanted to go home and play in a better league, than so be it. Just hope he doesn't translate his selfishness further on in his career. Cheers.
You know Jensen is Danish and not Swedish, right? In fact his home town is a thousand kilometers from where he is playing in Sweden.

Anyway I found the article I was thinking of (translated by Google).

Quote:
Therefore, Vancouver now decided that it will send Nicklas Jensen to a club in the Swedish Elitserien, if he does not come to the NHL team from the start of the season.

- It is Vancouver, which has suggested that I take a season in the Swedish Elitserien, if I do not come to the NHL team, and it will be perfectly fine for me.
http://tv2sport.dk/nhl-talent-paa-vej-mod-sverige

Warren Piece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:02 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piece View Post
You know Jensen is Danish and not Swedish, right? In fact his home town is a thousand kilometers from where he is playing in Sweden.

Anyway I found the article I was thinking of (translated by Google).

http://tv2sport.dk/nhl-talent-paa-vej-mod-sverige
I knew he was Danish. Didnt know the exact distance from his hometown to swede team. Just figured it was quite a bit closer than Oshawa to Denmark. Regardless, the article clears it up. Thanks for finding that.

I just know someone on the bench in Oshawa that said he was a bit of a primadona. but he may have been talking out of his ass too.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:

No it was the Canucks Idea, this kid isn't like that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Above (scroll up) I said 25 - 25... I don't think you have a 30 goal scorer, but definitely a good forward prospect... 20g in the NHL is nothing to laugh at... Solid pick.

Obviously, I could be wrong. Just doubt his production elevates more in the NHL than the OHL.
Oh? In your last post you said 20 - 20.

And I do because of his amazing release, and after seeing him with the Wolves, us in the pre-season, and highlights overseas his game fits the pro game better than the junior game IMO.

And alot of people say that too.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Grammar Butcher

Jensen has been scoreless the last 4 games. And his overall game has gone down a bit. But the whole team's struggling. The D is just atrocious and their play or should i say non-play is not good for the forwards either.

Statshttp://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...&PlayerId=4937

Grammar Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
I knew he was Danish. Didnt know the exact distance from his hometown to swede team. Just figured it was quite a bit closer than Oshawa to Denmark. Regardless, the article clears it up. Thanks for finding that.

I just know someone on the bench in Oshawa that said he was a bit of a primadona. but he may have been talking out of his ass too.
You do come off bitter. He is just trying to do whats best for himself & his future, if playing in Europe was a better option then the OHL he has every right to do so.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

The Canucks pushed him to play pro.

Are Europeans that want to go play Junior in Canada also 'selfish'?

Nothing wrong with what Jensen has done. Actually, it's hard to argue it was anything but the right move...

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
No it was the Canucks Idea, this kid isn't like that at all.

Oh? In your last post you said 20 - 20.

And I do because of his amazing release, and after seeing him with the Wolves, us in the pre-season, and highlights overseas his game fits the pro game better than the junior game IMO.

And alot of people say that too.
I've head this too. I think good players should be able to adapt to their league though. He wasn't bad in Oshawa, but he didn't dominate... (Didn't need too, but little/no improvement from his draft year.)

I get the argument to an extent, but I still think his offensive numbers should have climbed after his draft year. Regardless, I see the potential. Predicting he will be a 20g - 20a (or 25-25) player is nothing to frown on... Everyone in Calgary (other teams too) loves Glencross. He puts up those numbers, and does many good things on the ice. Putting up 20goals in the NHL is quite the feat. Not everyone can put up 30g.

Either way, great pick at 29. Hopefully he develops properly.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:35 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Quote:
LOL he's not even home, take it easy!

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 12:46 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
I've head this too. I think good players should be able to adapt to their league though. He wasn't bad in Oshawa, but he didn't dominate... (Didn't need too, but little/no improvement from his draft year.)

I get the argument to an extent, but I still think his offensive numbers should have climbed after his draft year. Regardless, I see the potential. Predicting he will be a 20g - 20a (or 25-25) player is nothing to frown on... Everyone in Calgary (other teams too) loves Glencross. He puts up those numbers, and does many good things on the ice. Putting up 20goals in the NHL is quite the feat. Not everyone can put up 30g.

Sometimes players whose size and mind are developed more than the players around them.

Putting up more points, but chasing the play and making junior plays to get those points aren't what Canucks brass wanted from Jensen. It's clear he is better suited to a cerebral systems based game.

To add, Ryan Getzlaf went from 1.0ppg in his draft year to 1.5 the year after and back to 1.0ppg his last year in the WHL.

Junior points aren't always indicative, and judging from what I have read and seen All oshawa's players had significant point drops last season.

So I don't think you can accurately get a read on Jensen's play down there.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Sometimes players whose size and mind are developed more than the players around them.

Putting up more points, but chasing the play and making junior plays to get those points aren't what Canucks brass wanted from Jensen. It's clear he is better suited to a cerebral systems based game.

To add, Ryan Getzlaf went from 1.0ppg in his draft year to 1.5 the year after and back to 1.0ppg his last year in the WHL.

Junior points aren't always indicative, and judging from what I have read and seen All oshawa's players had significant point drops last season.

Absolutely. Great post.

Jr. Points aren't always the determining factor for progress/development, but it's usually a good sign. Either way, he seems to be adapting well in the Mens league, and had a nice (short) stint in the AHL last year.

Like i've said a few times, solid pick. Best of luck to him.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:09 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:

Great post.

Whether people will believe it or not their definitely are players who's games suit the pro's better.

I watched Logan Couture play for the 67s and he was clearly one of those guys. His line-mates didn't think the game at nearly the same level he did so he had to dumb his game down.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:

Absoluetly, 20-20 or 25-25 isn't bad at all, but I just see higher things honestly, leading AIK in scoring (Atleast he was and I still think he is) is pretty impressive for a kid like that, especially in a lockout year, and when you consider that his team is last in the league too.

I like his overall game, if he only his 25-25 I'll still be happy, but I do think he capable of more.

He has impressed and I think is futher along in his development thus-far than Canucks Brass expected, so hopefully he can continue it.

As you said solid pick at 29.

Quote:

Great post, you really hit the nail on the head here.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Beerfest*

Wasnt Jensen close to a PPG after like 15 games or so this year?

16 points in 34 games now.

Has he been struggling lately?

Edit - Heres an article,
http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/10...scoring-video/

He had 8 goals and 3 assists in 15 games to start the year.

In the next 19 games he has had 4 goals and 1 assist.

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:55 PM
NuxFan09

Nicklas Jensen - Solid pick at 29.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:04 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Loved the pick back then, still love the pick now. He's doing very well in Sweden and I expect him to be ready for some NHL action next season. His upside is a guy like Michalek.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:05 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
You do come off bitter. He is just trying to do whats best for himself & his future, if playing in Europe was a better option then the OHL he has every right to do so.
Fair enough. Just was commenting.

He just seems like someone that wont settle for the AHL. But who knows.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Beerfest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Loved the pick back then, still love the pick now. He's doing very well in Sweden and I expect him to be ready for some NHL action next season. His upside is a guy like Michalek.
As I posted above he was doing very good to start the year, but now only has 5 points in 19 games.

Is the team struggling? Is he struggling? Bit of both?

Beerfest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot91 View Post
Wasnt Jensen close to a PPG after like 15 games or so this year?

16 points in 34 games now.

Has he been struggling lately?

Edit - Heres an article,
http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/10...scoring-video/

He had 8 goals and 3 assists in 15 games to start the year.

In the next 19 games he has had 4 goals and 1 assist.
The team is the worst team in the SEL, so you couldn't have expected him to continue it forever.

But they picked up Kristain Huselius who has been eating into his minutes big time and has bumped him down a line I believe.

Oh well I still think he is leading the team in goals, or close to it. Not bad for a 19 year old getting 15-18 Minutes on the worst team in the SEL.

Last edited by Sergei Shirokov: 01-06-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old
01-05-2013, 11:18 PM
arsmaster

He has 12 goals out of his teams 74 (pretty good ratio for a junior aged player in that league, last guy who scored goals that prolifically as a junior in SEL was Daniel Sedin.

AIK as far as I can tell suck. 3rd worst in SEL.

The assist totals are the anomaly for me, both years in the OHL his goals and assist totals were almost even, now in SEL they are not.

Shows me there ain't much to pass to on AIK, although I read awhile back they signed Huselius which should help.

Also note that Jensen played for Denmark's men's team recently. 6 points in 6 games, next best player had 3.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote