HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Griffin Reinhart suspended four games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2013, 02:03 PM
  #176
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Did you see Reinhart's double take? Look again, it was an accident. If it wasn't intentional, that wouldn't have been his immediate reaction.
I'd suspect that's from his realization that he just popped him in the face.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:03 PM
  #177
canuck2010
Registered User
 
canuck2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 910
vCash: 500
Are we all watching the same play? 4 games for the play in the corner?

Two minutes for a deliberate slash. A game because the net result of the play was a slash that resulted in his stick riding up the opponents stick to his face. You need to be responsible for your stick even if not premeditated. This happens in hockey every game.

4 games is way too much.

canuck2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:10 PM
  #178
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,884
vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2010 View Post
Are we all watching the same play? 4 games for the play in the corner?

Two minutes for a deliberate slash. A game because the net result of the play was a slash that resulted in his stick riding up the opponents stick to his face. You need to be responsible for your stick even if not premeditated. This happens in hockey every game.

4 games is way too much.
This exactly. No issue with 1 game since it did hit him in the head and it "looked" bad. I just don't see how this is worse than a cross check to the face.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:11 PM
  #179
Lexus
OWN THE MOMENT.
 
Lexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,042
vCash: 500
HWC just uploaded a better version of the slash.



Lexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:11 PM
  #180
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss
 
FytinSioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ND
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
I just don't get why he is swinging his stick in Trochecks direction when the puck is along the sideboards almost behind him.

FytinSioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:15 PM
  #181
DennisReynolds
the implication
 
DennisReynolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
It looked very intentional to me. He looks at the player right before he hits him in the head while the puck is still in front of him.

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:23 PM
  #182
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Insta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
HWC just uploaded a better version of the slash.


Thanks, it is even more clear one that this was an accident. He wasn't even trying to slash him. They make stick on stick contact and it flies up into the head.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:26 PM
  #183
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMicrowave View Post
It looked very intentional to me. He looks at the player right before he hits him in the head while the puck is still in front of him.
The IIHF is hiring.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:26 PM
  #184
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,705
vCash: 500
4 games. Wow. That's ridiculous.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:27 PM
  #185
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss
 
FytinSioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ND
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Thanks, it is even more clear on that that this was an accident. He wasn't even trying to slash him. They make stick on stick contact and it flies up into the head.
Wow. How do you explain him facing 180 degrees away from the puck? Just look at the still shot on the video. The puck is at the goal line against the boards. I think you're being a troll, but if you're actually being serious explain please.

I don't think it is worth 4 games, but it's hard, if not impossible to argue this isn't intentional.

FytinSioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
  #186
canuck2010
Registered User
 
canuck2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 910
vCash: 500
Of course it's a deliberate slash. Typical hockey play to create some space for a defenceman who wants to limit the effect of the fore check.
In other words if you're going to push me into the boards I'm going to retaliate. Anybody out there play hockey before?

The problem of course is that his stick rides up and causes a more serious foul but not 4 games worth.

As an aside more Dmen are getting seriously hurt since the rules have changed to disallow holding up or obstructing forecheckers at the blueline. Just throwing that out there as part of the greater scheme of things.

canuck2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:30 PM
  #187
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toewsintangibles View Post
By the same logic the infamous Brashear 2 handed head shot should have been 0 games because that kind of stuff hadn't been seen yet
Ted Green says hi.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
  #188
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss
 
FytinSioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ND
Country: United States
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2010 View Post
Of course it's a deliberate slash. Typical hockey play to create some space for a defenceman who wants to limit the effect of the fore check.
In other words if you're going to push me into the boards I'm going to retaliate. Anybody out there play hockey before?

The problem of course is that his stick rides up and causes a more serious foul but not 4 games worth.

As an aside more Dmen are getting seriously hurt since the rules have changed to disallow holding up or obstructing forecheckers at the blueline. Just throwing that out there as part of the greater scheme of things.
He's already got control of the puck. He rubbed Trocheck out of the play and put his body between Trocheck and the puck.

FytinSioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
  #189
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Insta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
Wow. How do you explain him facing 180 degrees away from the puck? Just look at the still shot on the video. The puck is at the goal line against the boards. I think you're being a troll, but if you're actually being serious explain please.

I don't think it is worth 4 games, but it's hard, if not impossible to argue this isn't intentional.
What? He is falling backwards and sliding. Do you know anything about momentum? He goes to bring his stick across his body because thats the way he got turned. As he does this, the American stick blade hits his stick. At this point his stick bounces and ramps up into his head. It looks from the front like he does it on purpose but from the side you see what really happened.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:32 PM
  #190
canuck2010
Registered User
 
canuck2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 910
vCash: 500
Interesting that the US player brings his stick around as well. What was his intent? Who knows.

No way he gets 4 games for that.

canuck2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:33 PM
  #191
canuck2010
Registered User
 
canuck2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
He's already got control of the puck. He rubbed Trocheck out of the play and put his body between Trocheck and the puck.
Doesn,t matter the message is still the same. Don't **** with me physically.

canuck2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:38 PM
  #192
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Insta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,759
vCash: 500
Longest suspension in the history of this event, for an accidental high stick. .....

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:41 PM
  #193
Lexus
OWN THE MOMENT.
 
Lexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,042
vCash: 500
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Lexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:43 PM
  #194
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,467
vCash: 500
Just saw the incident and it looked bad. Reinhart turned around and watch Trocheck before he hit him in the face, certainly looked intentional to me. Reinhart was probably frustrated like many Canadians and wasn't thinking, he deserves every game IMO.

"I didnt try to hurt the guy" and "I was falling, and I know I'm responsible for my own stick but.." are oldest excuses in the book. He look at Trocheck and then hit him with the stick.

AwesomePanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:44 PM
  #195
Holocene
Registered User
 
Holocene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,339
vCash: 500
I can't see how anyone can say that's accidental. It looks so intentional that I'm can't help but laugh at the people defending it.

Holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:48 PM
  #196
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,884
vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Just saw the incident and it looked bad. Reinhart turned around and watch Trocheck before he hit him in the face, certainly looked intentional to me. Reinhart was probably frustrated like many Canadians and wasn't thinking, he deserves every game IMO.

"I didnt try to hurt the guy" and "I was falling, and I know I'm responsible for my own stick but.." are oldest excuses in the book. He look at Trocheck and then hit him with the stick.
So because he isn't the first to say it, it means it isn't true?

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:50 PM
  #197
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
So because he isn't the first to say it, it means it isn't true?
No, but they all trying to use it to get away from a stupid move they did on the ice. People calling it "accidental" need to take another look or should seriously consider seeing an eye-doctor. There is no way you can look at a player slash him in the head and calling it an accident. He doesnt even look out of balance with one knee on the ice and the other skate stretched out like that.

AwesomePanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:51 PM
  #198
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,884
vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
I can't see how anyone can say that's accidental. It looks so intentional that I'm can't help but laugh at the people defending it.
Yes, he intended for their sticks to hit, on such and angle it would drive up, hit the Americans glove, then hit him in the head.

Reinhart in a split second thinking genius.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:54 PM
  #199
BobDobolina
Registered User
 
BobDobolina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Yes, he intended for their sticks to hit, on such and angle it would drive up, hit the Americans glove, then hit him in the head.

Reinhart in a split second thinking genius.
Dangerous use of his stick in any case, he took a big whack at the US player and got him in the head. That being said the suspension was too hefty, one game should have done it.

BobDobolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:55 PM
  #200
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Insta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,759
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
For those asking, Griffin Reinhart's 4G suspension is ludicrous.


Couldn't agree more, Bob.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.