HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #14 - Historic collapse complete, Lovie fired

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
  #726
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
I could definitely go for 1st round - Ogletree, 2nd round - Fauria

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 12:27 PM
  #727
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
cutler's ball placement is **** compared to guys like rodgers and manning....he needs a big receiver because he CAN'T place the ball accurately.
I don't completely agree with this. Rodgers? Sure. Manning? Not so much. Manning was always known as a guy who strings out his WRs, especially across the middle, and throwing the ball too high for them so they get killed. Now, he's the same but there's much less zip on his ball.

That being said, Cutler isn't the most precise guy either. I do think he had more errant throws this season than his others. But I still think he's probably Top 10-12 in accuracy.

Recoil is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 12:31 PM
  #728
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
cutler's ball placement is **** compared to guys like rodgers and manning....he needs a big receiver because he CAN'T place the ball accurately.
I'd like to know how many INTs he threw on targets to Marshall and Jeffrey vs. other receivers. I don't recall it happening that often at all.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 12:33 PM
  #729
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,614
vCash: 400
I would imagine most of his INT's to a WR were when he targeted Hester

At least that is how it always seemed

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 12:55 PM
  #730
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
I could definitely go for 1st round - Ogletree, 2nd round - Fauria
Fauria is like a 3rd-4th round projection right now...

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 12:58 PM
  #731
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,617
vCash: 500
Holy hell.

Rey Ryan has a tattoo of his wife in a Mark Sanchez jersey. Now THAT'S hilarious.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 01:00 PM
  #732
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 109,614
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Holy hell.

Rey Ryan has a tattoo of his wife in a Mark Sanchez jersey. Now THAT'S hilarious.
Creepy is first thing that comes to mind

Also the cover showing his tatoo has in small heading "3 cops shot overnight"



Shows just how screwed up our society is that a coach on beach takes up 95% of a cover of major newspaper and 3 officers shot is small and brief headline

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 01:03 PM
  #733
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,617
vCash: 500
BWC, you are 100 percent accurate, but I expect nothing less now.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 02:56 PM
  #734
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
So Chip Kelly is interviewing with the Browns. So Reid to KC, Kelly I suspect will go to Cleveland that leaves Philly, AZ, Buffalo, and San Diego to compete with for coaches. Lovie is interviewing with Buffalo and San Diego.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 02:59 PM
  #735
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
So Chip Kelly is interviewing with the Browns. So Reid to KC, Kelly I suspect will go to Cleveland that leaves Philly, AZ, Buffalo, and San Diego to compete with for coaches. Lovie is interviewing with Buffalo and San Diego.
Hopefully, Whisenhunt goes to Buffalo and Lovie goes to SD.

Saban was rumored to be the choice of a GM candidate in Cleveland though that's likely to land there. That would be even better because then Kelly could take up Philly.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 03:17 PM
  #736
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
I don't completely agree with this. Rodgers? Sure. Manning? Not so much. Manning was always known as a guy who strings out his WRs, especially across the middle, and throwing the ball too high for them so they get killed. Now, he's the same but there's much less zip on his ball.

That being said, Cutler isn't the most precise guy either. I do think he had more errant throws this season than his others. But I still think he's probably Top 10-12 in accuracy.
have you watched Manning at all the past like 8 seasons? his ball placement is generally about as perfect as it gets.

cutler on the other hand throws the balk all over the place. high, low, behind guys, etc...

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 03:25 PM
  #737
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
I wish Mike Holmgren was like 5 years younger.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 03:27 PM
  #738
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,303
vCash: 500
holmgren ruined cleveland and wasnt great in Seattle

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
  #739
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
holmgren ruined cleveland and wasnt great in Seattle
Holmgren went to the playoffs 5 years in a row and won the NFC West 4 years in a row and made the Super Bowl. Thats not great? In Cleveland he was the President not the head coach, and he ruined the Browns? They were 4-12 and 5-11 in the 2 seasons before he took over. After he took over they went 5-11, 4-12, 5-11...if anything they stayed the same.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 03:52 PM
  #740
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Holmgren went to the playoffs 5 years in a row and won the NFC West 4 years in a row and made the Super Bowl. Thats not great? In Cleveland he was the President not the head coach, and he ruined the Browns? They were 4-12 and 5-11 in the 2 seasons before he took over. After he took over they went 5-11, 4-12, 5-11...if anything they stayed the same.
Seattle was in ahorrid division while he was there, and he left them kind of in shambles. and all Cleveland did was blow relatively high first round picks while he was there.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 03:58 PM
  #741
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Seattle was in ahorrid division while he was there, and he left them kind of in shambles. and all Cleveland did was blow relatively high first round picks while he was there.
Holmgren took the Seahawks to their first postseason since 1988 during his first season with the club in 1999, breaking a 10-year playoff drought. Holmgren posted a 72-56 (56.3%) regular-season record, four consecutive NFC West Division titles, an NFC championship, and the Seahawks' first-ever berth in a Super Bowl. What a disaster he was in Seattle.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 04:06 PM
  #742
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,617
vCash: 500
I'd puke if I saw Holmgren in Chicago.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
  #743
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Holmgren took the Seahawks to their first postseason since 1988 during his first season with the club in 1999, breaking a 10-year playoff drought. Holmgren posted a 72-56 (56.3%) regular-season record, four consecutive NFC West Division titles, an NFC championship, and the Seahawks' first-ever berth in a Super Bowl. What a disaster he was in Seattle.
again, that was a long time ago(martz was great in 1999) in a bad nfc west and he didn't exactly leave them in a great place either. not sure how you can argue that he did a good job at all in Cleveland. and on to of all that, he's a retread. i don't want to even see the bears interviewed him.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 04:21 PM
  #744
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
again, that was a long time ago(martz was great in 1999) in a bad nfc west and he didn't exactly leave them in a great place either. not sure how you can argue that he did a good job at all in Cleveland. and on to of all that, he's a retread. i don't want to even see the bears interviewed him.
I didn't argue he did a good job in Cleveland, he did a bad job in Cleveland, but he wasn't coach in Cleveland.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 04:25 PM
  #745
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Holmgren was a great coach. Is he still now? We don't know. We do know he assembled the greatest staff of all time in Green Bay: Andy Reid, Steve Mariucci, Dick Jauron, Ray Rhodes and Jon Gruden. That's good and bad. Maybe he would recreate that magic. Maybe it was essential to his success before.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 04:26 PM
  #746
MurrayBannerman
Moo Points
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 23,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Holmgren was a great coach. Is he still now? We don't know. We do know he assembled the greatest staff of all time in Green Bay: Andy Reid, Steve Mariucci, Dick Jauron, Ray Rhodes and Jon Gruden. That's good and bad. Maybe he would recreate that magic. Maybe it was essential to his success before.
Parcells' Giants staff has more Super Bowl wins with just two guys.

MurrayBannerman is online now  
Old
01-04-2013, 04:34 PM
  #747
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Parcells' Giants staff has more Super Bowl wins with just two guys.
It depends what you think is more impressive. Obviously Belichick is a greater coach with more success than Holmgren or any of his staff. However, looking at just in terms of head coached games in the NFL, Holmgren's staff has to have double or more than any others.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 05:09 PM
  #748
Recoil
Registered User
 
Recoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
have you watched Manning at all the past like 8 seasons? his ball placement is generally about as perfect as it gets.

cutler on the other hand throws the balk all over the place. high, low, behind guys, etc...
I have, and I'm not comparing the two by any means. But I am stating that Manning isn't the most accurate passer in the NFL and he never has been. He's hyped so much that people think he's perfect at everything, but he isnt. He's great at reading defenses, making quick decisions, and calling the proper audibles. He does toss a good ball --- never had a real strong arm --- but he does tend to drift a lot of his passes when he's off. That's all I'm saying. And this year...it's gotten a bit worse. No one notices though, because his Denver WRs are usually open by a freaking mile so he always hits them with his duck-balls (I dont care what people say, Manning is NOT 100% this season, and he has declined clearly. The difference is that he's still better than just about everyone else out there).

I'll never compare Cutler to a Brady or Rodgers, not even close, but IMO Manning was never a Top 5 in accuracy. He's just way better at everything else.

Recoil is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 05:35 PM
  #749
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
I have, and I'm not comparing the two by any means. But I am stating that Manning isn't the most accurate passer in the NFL and he never has been. He's hyped so much that people think he's perfect at everything, but he isnt. He's great at reading defenses, making quick decisions, and calling the proper audibles. He does toss a good ball --- never had a real strong arm --- but he does tend to drift a lot of his passes when he's off. That's all I'm saying. And this year...it's gotten a bit worse. No one notices though, because his Denver WRs are usually open by a freaking mile so he always hits them with his duck-balls (I dont care what people say, Manning is NOT 100% this season, and he has declined clearly. The difference is that he's still better than just about everyone else out there).

I'll never compare Cutler to a Brady or Rodgers, not even close, but IMO Manning was never a Top 5 in accuracy. He's just way better at everything else.
yea he's not accurate or anything, just the 5th most accurate qb of all time(ahead of brady). and he's always been a master of throwing the ball where his guy could make a play on it and that's still been true in Denver. judging by your comments though, it seems clear you don't watch him or the nfl in general very much.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 05:36 PM
  #750
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,452
vCash: 500
read that the interview with Bucs OC was 6 hours. 3 more than expected.

Wonder who the guy is Emery really wants.


about the Draft:
need TE, MLB or OL with our 1st. In other words, it's too early to tell.

Bubba88 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.