HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 02:12 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
another guy I'd be very cautious with even though, like you said, he's a more complete player. But still projects as a 3rd line, grinder pk player at best for me. If the Habs want to shoot for a big fast forward I'd look for Mantha, Erne or Duclair and Marc-Olivier Roy to a certain extent.
I don't see it with him. I like his game, but he doesn't have the offensive potential of the other three. I prefer De la Rose than Roy in that department too... I don't want anything to do with him before the 3rd/4th round.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:39 PM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Wennberg is rather impressive. Really strong on the puck.

Old
01-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
He sounds like a certain AK to me....
*Short parenthesis*

Speaking of AK, I saw the comeback game vs the rangers and I kept on asking myself what the hell went wrong with that guy. He looked so good in that 3rd period. One of the main things I noticed is his handling of the puck. He rarely struggled with the puck. Seems like the last three years all he ever did was scuffle the puck and miss pass receptions. His skating looked much better back then too.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Et le But

That was one thing that kept holding Kostitsyn back, it was like he couldn't see the puck when it was right under him. Possible vision problems as a side effect of his medication?

Old
01-03-2013, 09:26 PM
ikelechien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
What are you saying? Nichushkin vs these? Yes ahead of all these. Gauthier is not a 1st for me.
Well, Gauthier was incredible tonight 1g 2a 3pts +3. His short-handed goal was pure highlight reel -nothing like the exhilaration of seeing a big man in full flight all alone on a goalie. First game I have seen him push the pace of play as opposed to being the 3rd man. Very impressive - needs to keep it up though - leads team in plus minus with +20.

Samuel Morin is back as well (has been back for a while but his game is now returning as well) - scored a nice goal tonight - his skating looked a lot better - had to check the scorecard to make sure there wasn't another Morin there that I hadn't heard about.

But Valentin Zykov stole the show for Baie-Comeau, tied it at 19:59 of the 3rd and then was the only goal scorer in the shootout to win it. One of the best games of the year.

Old
01-04-2013, 01:21 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelechien View Post
Well, Gauthier was incredible tonight 1g 2a 3pts +3. His short-handed goal was pure highlight reel -nothing like the exhilaration of seeing a big man in full flight all alone on a goalie. First game I have seen him push the pace of play as opposed to being the 3rd man. Very impressive - needs to keep it up though - leads team in plus minus with +20.

Samuel Morin is back as well (has been back for a while but his game is now returning as well) - scored a nice goal tonight - his skating looked a lot better - had to check the scorecard to make sure there wasn't another Morin there that I hadn't heard about.

But Valentin Zykov stole the show for Baie-Comeau, tied it at 19:59 of the 3rd and then was the only goal scorer in the shootout to win it. One of the best games of the year.
Big fan of Zykov. Every viewing he looks improved. Shift to shift consistency is the one thing he needs to work on imo but that's an acceptable problem for now.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:22 AM
S Bah

Quote:

The Q has so many promising prospects this year,any of these three that drop to the Habs are a steal in the 2nd.William Carrier has missed a few games but remains a solid pick also IMO and Anthony Mantha looking like a first but if he slides grab him and help the Habs out.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:45 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:

Morin's skating is mindboggling, haven't seen a big guy like that so fluid since... Seth Jones. Okay he might not be as smooth as Jones, but he's heads above guys like Tinordi or Zadorov at the same age.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:46 AM
MaxLacoste

That's why I love our 3 second round picks. In a draft as deep as 2013, you can land pretty good prospects. You can be almost sure that we could see at least one of Duclair, Mantha, Carrier, Gauthier, De La Rose, etc. will fall to the second round, wherewe have 3 picks. Also, there are guy like Nic Petan, who I love to see in Montreal. Small but talented player. Rank 62 by THW. 2nd in scoring in the WHL. 17 pts more than Shinkaruk.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:23 AM
WestIslander

With Seth Jones being compared to Pronger, I want Seth Jones!!!

Imagine a core on defense of:

Gorges - Jones
Tinordi - Subban
Ellis - Beaulieu
Thrower - Emelin

Ad that to Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Collberg and even Price on the back end!!! Wow ;-)

Old
01-04-2013, 11:40 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Wennberg is rather impressive. Really strong on the puck.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
That's why I love our 3 second round picks. In a draft as deep as 2013, you can land pretty good prospects. You can be almost sure that we could see at least one of Duclair, Mantha, Carrier, Gauthier, De La Rose, etc. will fall to the second round, wherewe have 3 picks. Also, there are guy like Nic Petan, who I love to see in Montreal. Small but talented player. Rank 62 by THW. 2nd in scoring in the WHL. 17 pts more than Shinkaruk.
Wennberg is another possible 2nd round pick,the Habs need more size,with Gionta,Gallagher and Hudon already in the system they should avoid smaller players IMO.Max Domi with his pedigree and talent along with attacking the net might be a possible.Duclair,Petan and Shinkaruk don't seem like picks that will be on Bergevin's list unless they drop real hard.Where as Mantha,Carrier,Wennberg,Gauthier and De La Rose will be players that all three of Bergevin,Dudley and Timmins could pick at the right draft position along with Zykov and Morin.It's a deep draft this year,I know people always say that but this year it's a deep,deep deep draft lots of good prospects to choose from and the Habs have three beautiful picks in the 2nd round.I can't wait for the Draft.While it would be nicer if there was a season and the opportunity to add a couple more low picks in the 1st & 2nd rounds could make the draft unforgettable.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
With Seth Jones being compared to Pronger, I want Seth Jones!!!

Imagine a core on defense of:

Gorges - Jones
Tinordi - Subban
Ellis - Beaulieu
Thrower - Emelin

Ad that to Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Collberg and even Price on the back end!!! Wow ;-)
I'd prefer Drouin, Monahan or Lindholm. Drouin and Galchenyuk would do wonders together, they are very cerebral and have a high hockey IQ. Monahan reminds me of Patrick Sharp and Lindholm would do wonders with Swedish teammate Collberg. We're stacked in blueline prospects as it is: Tinordi, Beaulieu, Thrower, and Ellis added to Gorges, Subban and Emelin. If we do end up with Jones though I won't complain.

I'd do:
Jones - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Emelin - Gorges

Old
01-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Jones is my guy for number one, he will be the player you win cups with from this class.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:12 PM
pcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd prefer Drouin, Monahan or Lindholm. Drouin and Galchenyuk would do wonders together, they are very cerebral and have a high hockey IQ. Monahan reminds me of Patrick Sharp and Lindholm would do wonders with Swedish teammate Collberg. We're stacked in blueline prospects as it is: Tinordi, Beaulieu, Thrower, and Ellis added to Gorges, Subban and Emelin. If we do end up with Jones though I won't complain.

I'd do:
Jones - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Emelin - Gorges
Why all the righties on one line and all lefties on the other . Tinordi-Subban, Beaulieu-Jones, Gorges-Ellis for me

Old
01-04-2013, 03:14 PM
DAChampion

I had a vision yesterday.

If we have both Galchenyuk and Lindholm, we'll be like the mid-decade Red Wings who had Datsyuk and Zetterberg in their prime years.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Send a message via Skype™ to Marc BargainBin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

If we have both Galchenyuk and Lindholm, we'll be like the mid-decade Red Wings who had Datsyuk and Zetterberg in their prime years.
I had the same idea.

Except we have a goalie

Unfortunately we lack a Lidstrom.

Old
01-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

I hope you are a prophet or something.

Old
01-04-2013, 04:22 PM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post

I'd do:
Jones - Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Emelin - Gorges
We may be stacked on the blueline, but none comes near the potential of Jones. Anyway, this draft class will be very special, might be one of the best in decades, top 6 is awesome, and IMO, top 60 is very good overall. We're very lucky to have 4 top 60 picks... wouldn't mind to get another mid to late 1st or another 2nd, without giving our own...

Old
01-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

I think Barkov-Galchenyuk might be a better 1-2 punch however.

We should quit this fantasy talk and focus on players we have a chance on though.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:13 PM
JAVO16

Yes, another first-rounder with our 3 second-rounder would be perfect. It would not only give us the chance to draft one more great prospect, but it would also give us a better opportunity to move up in the first round to draft a great prospect falling as one always seems to do ( ex: Fowler, Baertshi, Forsberg or Grigorenko).

Old
01-04-2013, 05:48 PM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
I think Barkov-Galchenyuk might be a better 1-2 punch however.

We should quit this fantasy talk and focus on players we have a chance on though.
Tough to say which one we have a chance on or not, with no draft system in place if there's no season, any prospect could end up anywhere... I agree it's always the same names that comes forth though.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Tough to say which one we have a chance on or not, with no draft system in place if there's no season, any prospect could end up anywhere... I agree it's always the same names that comes forth though.
Well we have a chance, but we shouldn't get our hopes up.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:37 PM
BrimStone64

I like having early 2nd round pick. Always somebody we have rated high who slides. Sort of gives us 2 first round picks.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:59 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Saw both Dauphin and Grégoire tonight in Sherbrooke.

Dauphin has a nice pair of hands, good skater too, and knows how to open himself in the slot. He's not scared to cut through traffic either, which is always nice to see from a talented guy, he's not scared to get out of the perimeter. Would take a look at him at the mid/late 2nd round.

Grégoire has been a huge disappointment for me this year, offensively that is, as he's from my hometown and I love his game. He's a two-way forward, that plays a physical game. Never seen him fight though, but I'm not too worried for him and I'm sure he can take care of himself. He's a center that is usually good on the faceoffs (not this year though). Seems like the coach is putting lots of pressure on him to produce. He was playing with Sylvestre and Hudon today so he had no trouble. Plays PP, PK and against the other team's best. Always compared him to Patrice Bergeron, as he has strong hockey sense and anticipation, but I'm not too sure he's as good and creative offensively as Patrice is. Would love to grab him in the 3rd, and if he drops to the 4th, he's a steal.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:21 AM
S Bah

Still waiting on the NHL & NHLPA to make up their minds to sign or cancel the season.My gut feeling is the season will be cancelled.Not only a bad choice for all parties involved but it screws the Habs draft position.In that case, if Nicushkin is available at the Habs choice he should be their player.A power forward with his abilities,Speed,scoring touch and his style fits NA hockey to a tee.After his 3 year contract with the KHL he should be ready for the NHL and he would look great on a line with Galchenyuk and Collberg. Just my opinion but I think he's a good bet to excel at the power forward position wherever he plays.

Closed Thread