HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Elias Lindholm vs Barkov

View Poll Results: Who would you take between Barkov and Elias Lindholm
Barkov 116 64.44%
Elias Lindholm 64 35.56%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
  #76
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
It's kinda of silly for people to judge Barkov based on what they've seen in the WJC.

From someone who has watched about a dozen games of his in the FEL, this kid has offensive potential through the roof. I completely agree that Lindholm is more physical and feisty and a better skater and flashier. But Anze Kopitar isn't flashy, and Joe Thornton isn't flashy. Those are the two guys I'd liken Barkov to, if I had too. He has elite passing skills and vision, but he can absolutely put the puck in the net (Kopitar is always good for 25 and Thornton had one of the longest streaks of 20+ goals going until he only got 19 two years ago). He's an elite defensive player and he just turned 17 four months ago. He may not be overtly physical, but it's bloody impossible to knock him around on the boards or behind the net. team-first kind of offensive player.

I'm a huge fan of Lindholm, and despite having only seen him play 2 or 3 times outside of the WJC, I see a potential superstar in this kid as well. However, I just can't take him over Barkov, who is such a complete player, in a man's body, playing as well as he has against men. If he can bring his skating up to even average, he's a force to be reckoned with.

The amazing thing is that we can even have a debate over two players of this caliber who are probably going to go 3-5.
I agree this as well. Drouin has 3 games top 5 "big" (if we think Finland was big country) country and 0+1=1 and also Lindholm has 2 game and 1+0=1. Barkov has 1 game and 2+0=2.

This is just one tournament. Barkov has second most points in his team and he has almost PPG in FEL. There is also lot of NHL players this year in FEL.

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:26 PM
  #77
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,738
vCash: 4250
Barkov for me, but I've seen him much more than Lindholm

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:27 PM
  #78
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Don't be a stat hogger please, Lindholm is playing against better competition in the SEL and is putting up stats that are incredible for a guy his age.
I don't see that this year there is a lot of difference SEL and FEL. I think FEL have had this year better players and also SEL team's wouldn't dominate FEL team's in exhibition games.

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
  #79
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFK View Post
I don't see that this year there is a lot of difference SEL and FEL. I think FEL have had this year better players and also SEL team's wouldn't dominate FEL team's in exhibition games.
For a moment there I wasn't thinking about the NHL lockout and the amount of NHL players who went in the FEL

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
  #80
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
For a moment there I wasn't thinking about the NHL lockout and the amount of NHL players who went in the FEL
So what was your point in better competition? Bud Holloway?

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:33 PM
  #81
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFK View Post
So what was your point in better competition? Bud Holloway?
Without all of the NHL players heading to the FEL the SEL would be much better competition. And even then the SEL would still be a more balanced league.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:34 PM
  #82
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFK View Post
So what was your point in better competition? Bud Holloway?
Sometimes some players just flash in other leagues, just look at Tim Stapleton...

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
  #83
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Without all of the NHL players heading to the FEL the SEL would be much better competition. And even then the SEL would still be a more balanced league.
Yes, but it's we live NHL locout and FEL have lot more better players in than SEL this year, so Barkov have more competition, we not living "if" world.

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:38 PM
  #84
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFK View Post
Yes, but it's we live NHL locout and FEL have lot more better players in than SEL this year, so Barkov have more competition, we not living "if" world.
I know bud that's what I said in my comment earlier. I'm so used to the NHL that I forgot about the players being in the FEL..

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
  #85
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Sometimes some players just flash in other leagues, just look at Tim Stapleton...
Yes and you can take Hannu Pikkarainen. I am HIFK fan and we have laugh this guy like whole his career (not junior when we still have hope on him).

Edit: Not seen Tim Stapleton this year, but he has been good pointwise in KHL.

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:41 PM
  #86
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
I know bud that's what I said in my comment earlier. I'm so used to the NHL that I forgot about the players being in the FEL..
So... why you still try to defend your that opinion?

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:45 PM
  #87
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,604
vCash: 500
It's harder to score in SEL because it is more tactical and slow paced compared to FEL which is much faster and physical. SEL has slightly better skill level but not much difference.

Mika Hannula stated that SEL is slightly better league but FEL is much more intensive and physical. FEL has smallest rinks in europe and is most NHL-like game.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:46 PM
  #88
FlutteringSaucer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Without all of the NHL players heading to the FEL the SEL would be much better competition. And even then the SEL would still be a more balanced league.
Out of curiosity how many games have you seen of FEL and SEL? Since while I also rank SEL as a better league non-lockout years (although FEL is more physical) the difference is very small. The biggest difference between Finnish leagues and Swedish leagues comes from SEL-1 being miles ahead of FEL-1.

FlutteringSaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:48 PM
  #89
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFK View Post
So... why you still try to defend your that opinion?
Because I still believe that even with the NHL players the SEL is a much more balanced league. Of course you're going to defend your league. I'm not here to discuss the leagues and I'm tired of talking about that.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:50 PM
  #90
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
It's harder to score in SEL because it is more tactical and slow paced compared to FEL which is much faster and physical. SEL has slightly better skill level but not much difference.

Mika Hannula stated that SEL is slightly better league but FEL is much more intensive and physical. FEL has smallest rinks in europe and is most NHL-like game.
Won't see that hardernes to scoring if you look points FEL and SEL. I agree that SEL is slightly better and skilled league usually, but not this year.

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:50 PM
  #91
jhjhjhjhjhjh*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPena View Post
Out of curiosity how many games have you seen of FEL and SEL? Since while I also rank SEL as a better league non-lockout years (although FEL is more physical) the difference is very small. The biggest difference between Finnish leagues ans Swedish leagues comes from SEL-1 being miles ahead of FEL-1.
I see my fair share of games from both leagues every year. Combined this year I've seen about 20 games while watching Ristolainen/Lindholm/Barkov.

jhjhjhjhjhjh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:52 PM
  #92
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjhjhjhjhjh View Post
Because I still believe that even with the NHL players the SEL is a much more balanced league. Of course you're going to defend your league. I'm not here to discuss the leagues and I'm tired of talking about that.
I think you start this in page 2? I don't have lot of opinion which league is more balanced but overall in this year FEL is better league and also very balanced.

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:53 PM
  #93
Grammar Butcher
Registered User
 
Grammar Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Every Swede will choose Lindholm And vice verse.
Leave the thread open for the rest instead. Otherwise, it is actually quite useless and just a Cockfight in the thread on who's best from SEL vs FEL viewers.

Grammar Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:54 PM
  #94
Tomas W
Registered User
 
Tomas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPena View Post
Out of curiosity how many games have you seen of FEL and SEL? Since while I also rank SEL as a better league non-lockout years (although FEL is more physical) the difference is very small. The biggest difference between Finnish leagues ans Swedish leagues comes from SEL-1 being miles ahead of FEL-1.
By this I assume you mean what is populary called here at HF boards SEL-2 and FEL-2, which is Allsvenskan and Mestis, that once were called "division 1" in both countries?

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:59 PM
  #95
FlutteringSaucer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
By this I assume you mean what is populary called here at HF boards SEL-2 and FEL-2, which is Allsvenskan and Mestis, that once were called "division 1" in both countries?
Yeah. Allsvenskan teams are really competitive and I'm really jealous to Swedes that they have that kind of depth in their home leagues.

FlutteringSaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 04:34 PM
  #96
FrolikFan67
Registered User
 
FrolikFan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,295
vCash: 500
i think the panthers would pick barkov, we'd have barkov and bjugstad as our 2 centers, barkov is 6'2 it says and over 200lbs and just turned 17 so he'll grow even more. bjugstad is just under 6'7 and over 220lbs and still young (20). plus it sounds like he can jump straight into the league next season. barkov's been praised so much as a whole, not just over lindholm, and the only reason why people seem to be down on him lately is because his play in at the wjc, but he has 7pts, which is as much as huberdeau and 1pt more than yakupov, drouin's only got 4 and lindholm himself only has 3. and he just turned 17 and playing on a lesser team when compared to canada and russia. as the season progresses, if lindholm continues to impress then perhaps a team would take him over barkov, but barkov's size and NHL-readiness probably puts him over lindholm for a lot of teams, but lindholm could very well go over him.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Versteeg
Fleischmann-Bjugstad-Mueller/Upshall


Last edited by FrolikFan67: 01-04-2013 at 05:14 PM.
FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 05:07 PM
  #97
WolfgangAmadeusEller*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Burlington
Country: United States
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnawer View Post
Every Swede will choose Lindholm And vice verse.
Leave the thread open for the rest instead. Otherwise, it is actually quite useless and just a Cockfight in the thread on who's best from SEL vs FEL viewers.
What?

WolfgangAmadeusEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 05:21 PM
  #98
Oan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
What?
Sweden vs Finland
Flashiness vs Complete package
Biased posters vs other biased posters
People who have not seen the other prospect play at all vs vice versa
People who base their arguments solely on their WJC performance etc. etc. etc.

Oan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 05:35 PM
  #99
MBauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MI
Country: United States
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
I think they are pretty darn close, i would take Barkov at this moment given the choice but Lindholm could just as easily be as good or better, impossible to know with them both playing well in different leagues. I don't think one tournament should be the deciding factor on who is better, a big part of producing in these tourneys comes down to chemistry which Finland clearly didn't have.

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 05:55 PM
  #100
IFK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
I think they are pretty darn close, i would take Barkov at this moment given the choice but Lindholm could just as easily be as good or better, impossible to know with them both playing well in different leagues. I don't think one tournament should be the deciding factor on who is better, a big part of producing in these tourneys comes down to chemistry which Finland clearly didn't have.
If we look out of color classes, i have to say. This is F.... deep draft! Top 8 feels for me that you can't go wrong, besides if some GM is full idiot. Also after that it's good draft and i think many team will find later picks in 1 round some elite players.

I really don't care if Barkov goes 5th or 55th, but i know, who ever pick him will be more than happy. If everything not goes like movies, he still be Mikko Koivu caliber and if everything goes wrong he will be Rob Niedermayer caliber. Still, his potential is Sundin-Jagr offensive and defensive he has ability be Selke winner in many years.

Drouin - he is so skilled, flashy, i love that kind of skills. He has big potential, but also lot of weakness so medium risk-very high reward.

Lindholm... hmm.. He from Sweden, very skilled also. I just yet don't know who he remind... Maybe Zetterberg? I like him alot, you rarely goes wrong Swedes. Swedes this skill, you can't go wrong, but if you go. His Alexander Steen Vol 2.

Nathan MacKinnon. Are someone else see him lot of Ovechkin? He has Star written in his chest.

IFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.