*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2013, 02:46 PM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Another big win for the bulls tonite, graham has really stepped up with subban gone. Now its time to tweak the roster alittle and add some scoring!
I've said it all along with absolutely no disrespect to Malcolm but this type of Defensive System makes it very hard for other teams to get many wins against the Bulls. It may take its toll on offense and many complain about boring, non-creative type of hockey but it works. I once said you could put Jordan in net and Bulls would still win...add in a good goalie like Graham and you'll win a good share, add in Malcolm with his veteran presence and experience and anything can happen in the stretch run.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:05 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I've said it all along with absolutely no disrespect to Malcolm but this type of Defensive System makes it very hard for other teams to get many wins against the Bulls. It may take its toll on offense and many complain about boring, non-creative type of hockey but it works. I once said you could put Jordan in net and Bulls would still win...add in a good goalie like Graham and you'll win a good share, add in Malcolm with his veteran presence and experience and anything can happen in the stretch run.
Wow, halfway through the bulls-petes game, belleville is aweful sloppy, I've said it before there lacking intensity! Something has to change!

Old
01-03-2013, 07:43 PM
ImaBullsfan

I like to hear another viewers thoughts but, I don't know if its lack of leadership, coaching, attitude? Or what? I see it, many different veterans moping around, not skating, no hitting, losing many battles for the puck.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:28 PM
hockeykid87

Strange how the Bulls can look so good against a bad team like the 67's, then terrible against a bad team like the Petes.

Would love to see George Burnett go. I think that's what this team needs as a shot in the arm. A more offensive coach to make Bulls hockey more exciting.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:49 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
Strange how the Bulls can look so good against a bad team like the 67's, then terrible against a bad team like the Petes.

Would love to see George Burnett go. I think that's what this team needs as a shot in the arm. A more offensive coach to make Bulls hockey more exciting.
It was a better game than the last one against the Petes IMO but the result was worse. PK failed where it normally doesn't, a screen shot goes in...nothing seemed to bounce right but I'm noticing that most Bulls players seemed preoccupied. Maybe the pending Trade Deadline and knowing that the Bulls are very likely to makes moves has something to do with that.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:04 PM
ohlnhockeynut

PP is still brutal; it looked like there was a little light at the end of the tunnel as of late.... but nope... tried every player on the pp tonight... why not change up the pp system and stop worrying about the perfect play and get pucks/traffic to the net. Get those big forwards infront of the net and those cannon shots shooting the puck (not this dumb perimeter play over and over again)

Old
01-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlnhockeynut View Post
PP is still brutal; it looked like there was a little light at the end of the tunnel as of late.... but nope... tried every player on the pp tonight... why not change up the pp system and stop worrying about the perfect play and get pucks/traffic to the net. Get those big forwards infront of the net and those cannon shots shooting the puck (not this dumb perimeter play over and over again)
Seems simple enough doesn't it? The times when they do score PP goals they are either shots from the point or rebounds off the point. To George: Keep It Simple Stupid.

Old
01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Petes96

I thought our power play was bad. Man you guys need some help big time. No quarterback on the back end that's for sure. Easy to see that you move the puck around to let Subban take a slap shot from the side.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Tonester01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
I thought our power play was bad. Man you guys need some help big time. No quarterback on the back end that's for sure. Easy to see that you move the puck around to let Subban take a slap shot from the side.
Agree with you 100%, it is very painful to watch. Cody Ceci would solve the problem and reunite him with Cardwell. Wishful thinking.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:24 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonester01 View Post
Agree with you 100%, it is very painful to watch. Cody Ceci would solve the problem and reunite him with Cardwell. Wishful thinking.
This off topic, but I'm so sick of these brain-dead idiots that go and use social media to use racial slurs against others! Today people made racial slurs against Malcolm Subban. This makes me sick to my stomach. Definitely NOT CANADIAN LIKE! I know I speak for the majority of all hockey fans! And all Bulls fans....

Old
01-04-2013, 11:50 PM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
This off topic, but I'm so sick of these brain-dead idiots that go and use social media to use racial slurs against others! Today people made racial slurs against Malcolm Subban. This makes me sick to my stomach. Definitely NOT CANADIAN LIKE! I know I speak for the majority of all hockey fans! And all Bulls fans....
Agreed, like he is a good kid and that was not even close to his fault, ruins hockey when people make outrageous comments like that. Theres a reason those people are on social media and chirping cuz they were simply not good enough to make it themselves, end of story... who cares if a player is timid or cant skate on big ice or what ever the reason, the simple fact is they made it this far so they must be doing something right

Old
01-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Paralyzer008

Belleville has acquired Tyler Graovac for Sergey Kuptsov, 2 draft picks and a conditional pick

Old
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
hockeykid87

Good trade for the Bulls. Kuptsov never impressed me at all. Only thing I'm worried about is that Graovac was not very good offensively before this year. Hope he can form some chemistry with the guys quickly

Old
01-05-2013, 01:20 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Not a bad move. Now with that open import spot I'm wondering if George could send conditional picks to Windsor for Khokhlachev's rights and try and convince him to come back over for the playoff run. I'm not sure if that's even possible but the Bulls biggest need is a playmaker up the middle to distribute the puck to their big forwards and run the halfwall on the PP. Khoko, Cousins, Trochek or Monahan would be perfect, and of the four I'd think Khoko would be the cheapest to obtain if you could even get him.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:44 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

vCash: 986
Quote:
Good trade for the Bulls. Kuptsov never impressed me at all. Only thing I'm worried about is that Graovac was not very good offensively before this year. Hope he can form some chemistry with the guys quickly
Being a 67s fan, I can honestly say you guys won this deal. Graovac has ****** numbers but he's also playing for one of the worst teams across the CHL.

From an unbiased standpoint, he should've been at the WJ camp longer than he was, and he's a great compliment to goalscorers.

What's the book on Kuptsov? He's in his draft year but I can't find too much on him.

Also, where is Daniil Zharkov these days?

Old
01-05-2013, 01:45 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

vCash: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Not a bad move. Now with that open import spot I'm wondering if George could send conditional picks to Windsor for Khokhlachev's rights and try and convince him to come back over for the playoff run. I'm not sure if that's even possible but the Bulls biggest need is a playmaker up the middle to distribute the puck to their big forwards and run the halfwall on the PP. Khoko, Cousins, Trochek or Monahan would be perfect, and of the four I'd think Khoko would be the cheapest to obtain if you could even get him.
67's are in the midst of a firesale. Monahan is definitely on the block from what I'm told.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:49 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
Being a 67s fan, I can honestly say you guys won this deal. Graovac has ****** numbers but he's also playing for one of the worst teams across the CHL.

From an unbiased standpoint, he should've been at the WJ camp longer than he was, and he's a great compliment to goalscorers.

What's the book on Kuptsov? He's in his draft year but I can't find too much on him.

Also, where is Daniil Zharkov these days?

Zharkov is playing for Team Russia. As for Kuptsov he's a skilled forward but never found his groove with the Bulls it appears. Awkward skater as he appears hunched over alot but he's got decent puck posession and a decent shot. He also has size so that'll help his cause.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
brahmabull

Quote:
The Bulls don't need another playmaker they have a couple good ones in Guance, and Berisha. They need a pure goalscorer who can put the puck in the net, Koko is alright by they would have to get him cheap and I can't see Windsor doing that.

Last edited by brahmabull: 01-05-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old
01-05-2013, 07:37 PM
arsmaster

Gaunce playing center now that Graovac is on board?

Looks like instant chemistry (but I'm only judging by the box score).

Old
01-05-2013, 08:38 PM
hockeykid87

Looked like this game wasn't gonna be pretty early on but...damn. How about Gaunce and Graovac, 4 points each. That's the kind of chemistry I was hoping to see. Hoping to see more of that as the season winds down

Edit: Brassard also with 4 points. Hope that top line stays together

Old
01-05-2013, 08:48 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Looked like this game wasn't gonna be pretty early on but...damn. How about Gaunce and Graovac, 4 points each. That's the kind of chemistry I was hoping to see. Hoping to see more of that as the season winds down

Edit: Brassard also with 4 points. Hope that top line stays together
I can imagine that line would be very difficult to contain off the cycle. Now trade picks to Windsor and get Khoklachev to anchor the 2nd line and this team is a top contender.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Renegader

Quote:
I can imagine that line would be very difficult to contain off the cycle. Now trade picks to Windsor and get Khoklachev to anchor the 2nd line and this team is a top contender.
This X2

Old
01-05-2013, 09:00 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
If rumours are true and teams are asking about Charlie Graham, the price better be HIGH! A 17 year old that GAA is under 3 and SP is over 900?

Old
01-05-2013, 10:20 PM
ImaBullsfan

Gotta be happy with game 1 by newly aquired Tyler Graovac. Hopefully he can spark the offence from now on.
BREAKING NEWS: Brady Austin did not play tonite, I saw him walking around the arena he's right hand very swollen! George said that team doctors will re-examine the hand when swelling goes down. If he's out for any amount of time, george must look around the league for some d-men!

Old
01-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Gotta be happy with game 1 by newly aquired Tyler Graovac. Hopefully he can spark the offence from now on.
BREAKING NEWS: Brady Austin did not play tonite, I saw him walking around the arena he's right hand very swollen! George said that team doctors will re-examine the hand when swelling goes down. If he's out for any amount of time, george must look around the league for some d-men!
I didn't notice his hand it looked like he was limping but it seems it is his hand. Hopefully he's not out for any length of time.

Closed Thread