HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Couturier VS Schenn VS Henrique VS Hodgson

View Poll Results: Best Overall Centre to build a team around
Sean Couturier 135 56.25%
Brayden Schenn 36 15.00%
Adam Henrique 61 25.42%
Cody Hodgson 8 3.33%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Sasso09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Henrique. I'd trade Stepan for him.
Not Couturier.
Not Hodgson.
Definetely not Schenn.
I would trade Stepan for Henrique too.. He's not as good as any player in the pool.. Your point?

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
What Matt read did without playing with kovy an Parise is far more impressive than what Henrique did with them, not even arguable..
Sure thing big guy, "not even arguable". Henrique was scoring in OT to put his team in the Stanley Cup Final, where was Matt Read? Plus, look at how old he is, right?!

Quote:
And Henrique didn't "Earn" anything, he was a fill in for an injured Zajac.
You are so obviously clueless, I have no idea why you would even make these statements when you yourself must know that you're conjuring it out of thin air.

Henrique didn't earn it? He was just a "fill in for an injured Zajac"? That must be why he didn't make the team out of camp when Zajac injured himself weeks before camp even started. He EARNED his way onto the roster. And when he did, DeBoer didn't say, "Oh, you made the team now play with two superstars." He started on the third line. That's three (3), as in after one and two. He then EARNED his way onto the top line and gave DeBoer absolutely no reason to change things for the most part outside of times when the team as a whole struggled or when Zajac came back late in the season and the playoffs.

Quote:
And I love your line about Henrique helping them as much as they helped him... Explain why he scored 17 less points than Parise and 31 less than kovy if he was just as good.
Really? You need this explained to you? Because they are two scoring stars and Henrique was a rookie who barely played on the power play. I like your line about me contending that he was "just as good", too. Try reading slower next time. The word I used was "complement".

Jersey Fresh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:49 PM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Couturier easily.

He will be the second best player of the 2011 draft, fourth best at worst, Hamilton and Larsson could end up being better.

I can't believer he fell to 8th. NYI, Ottawa and Winnipeg really muffed up not drafting him.
More so Ottawa and Winnipeg. I think Strome will be good enough that the selection won't look that bad.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:04 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Couturier is the best of that list IMO. Schenn and Henrique are close. I'm obviously biased so I'll take Henrique but I could certainly understand the argument for Schenn. Last would be Hodgson.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Henrique has the highest offensive potential out of all of them. It's between him and Couturier for first IMO, and the offensive gap between the two is bigger than the defensive gap between the two. Therefore:

Henrique
Couturier
Schenn
Hodgson

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
I would trade Stepan for Henrique too.. He's not as good as any player in the pool.. Your point?
My point is, that the Rangers also have a young center, and Henrique is the only one of those listed I'd take over Stepan

01-03-2013, 10:50 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Henrique has the highest offensive potential out of all of them. It's between him and Couturier for first IMO, and the offensive gap between the two is bigger than the defensive gap between the two. Therefore:

Henrique
Couturier
Schenn
Hodgson
Actually, IMO anyway, it could be argued that Henrique has the lowest offensive potential of all of them. I'd say Schenn has the most. Couturier I think has a bit more offensive potential than Henrique and I think his D is better than Henrique's as well.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post

Henrique
Couturier
Schenn
Hodgson
What??

Schenn has the highest offensive upside for sure of the group.. And couturier has more offensive upside and is much better defensively... Wow

Old
01-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
My point is, that the Rangers also have a young center, and Henrique is the only one of those listed I'd take over Stepan
So... You're telling me right now if the Rangers could trade Stepan to get either Schenn or Couturier they wouldn't do it? I won't get on you about schenn too much, but if you'd turn down Stepan for Couturier, if even for team needs, that's a bad move.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:40 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Come on man

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
So... You're telling me right now if the Rangers could trade Stepan to get either Schenn or Couturier they wouldn't do it? I won't get on you about schenn too much, but if you'd turn down Stepan for Couturier, if even for team needs, that's a bad move.
Stepan was tied for 30th last year in scoring by centers. That's pretty great for a 2nd line center. It was his second season, and he will more than likely be able to put up 60 points, making him a bottom tier 1st liner. I'd much rather have that than potential

Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Sasso09

Quote:
Stepan was tied for 30th last year in scoring by centers. That's pretty great for a 2nd line center. It was his second season, and he will more than likely be able to put up 60 points, making him a bottom tier 1st liner. I'd much rather have that than potential
Oh... In that case give me Stepan over Couturier, Schenn, Huberdeau, Strome and Yakupov plz

Old
01-04-2013, 01:16 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Really? I wouldn't do that deal and I'm a fan of Henrique.

Anyways I'd rank the poll as:

Couturier
Henrique
Hodgson
Schenn

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Kensu

vCash: 63
Couturier
Henrique
Schenn
Hodgson

that's how I would rank it, never bought Schenn's hype either.

Last edited by Kensu: 01-04-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Kensu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Henrique and Couturier.
Both did very very well and Couturier did so much this year for his team. I think Henrique will grow to be a better all around player but Couturier better in the C. CoHo and Schenn are very skilled but they don't have the grit as much to be in the center position.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:17 PM
lboogie42*

henrique, easy

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Henrique and Couturier.
Both did very very well and Couturier did so much this year for his team. I think Henrique will grow to be a better all around player but Couturier better in the C. CoHo and Schenn are very skilled but they don't have the grit as much to be in the center position.
What?

Schenn is a really gritty player. He has been compared to Mike Richards (ironically enough) since the day he was drafted.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Strong argument.

You'd much rather have Stepan because will "more than likely" be able to put up 60 points. Then, you say you'd "rather have that than potential".

Old
01-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
But Coturier and schenn were still better in the playoffs. Henrique was really good and clutch but schenn Had better numbers and couturier shut down Malkin.

And before you try the Henrique scored more than schenn, schenn had 9 points in 11 games, Henrique only 13 in 24.
Using Flyers vs Pens 1st round as a reference is not working, sorry. Both teams played terrible hockey, you can't win playing this way, especially for Pittsburgh. And in the next round, Couturier certainly didn't shutdown a Kovalchuk with a broken back. Sean was invisible against New Jersey.

Blatant overhype.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Using Flyers vs Pens 1st round as a reference is not working, sorry. Both teams played terrible hockey, you can't win playing this way, especially for Pittsburgh. And in the next round, Couturier certainly didn't shutdown a Kovalchuk with a broken back. Sean was invisible against New Jersey.

Blatant overhype.
And Couturier got injured in game 3 during that series. He played less than 4 minutes in the game he got injured, 7 minutes the game after, and 13 minutes in the deciding game.

For reference, he was playing 16-20 minutes a night against the Pens.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
And Couturier got injured in game 3 during that series. He played less than 4 minutes in the game he got injured, 7 minutes the game after, and 13 minutes in the deciding game.

For reference, he was playing 16-20 minutes a night against the Pens.
Never heard about his injury, bad luck. But the 5 Pens games still doesn't make a reference like implied above. It's a small sample size of loopy hockey.

Couturier is going to be solid, I don't deny this, just getting the facts straight.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Henrique and Couturier.
what? You've just made it clear you don't watch Schenn, you never have, he's easily the grittiest player of the 4

Old
01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post

Blatant overhype.
That's a stupid excuse, if you're going to bag on each teams defense you have to praise their offenses, you can't bash on both, can't have your cake and eat it too. Im tired of people here crying about that series, it was different hockey yes, but it was the most watched by far and most entertaining.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Strong argument.

You'd much rather have Stepan because will "more than likely" be able to put up 60 points. Then, you say you'd "rather have that than potential".
Stepan is much better than Schenn.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
That's a stupid excuse, if you're going to bag on each teams defense you have to praise their offenses, you can't bash on both, can't have your cake and eat it too. Im tired of people here crying about that series, it was different hockey yes, but it was the most watched by far and most entertaining.
You win ***** playing this way, period.